All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 am Abortion illuminates how far the left in this country have fallen. They can’t even discuss the emotional toll and humans cost to not simply the woman, but to humanity itself.
Added a bit of touch up.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 pm PB's fellow Republicans have much to say about wearing masks:

https://www.facebook.com/RTnews/videos/ ... 110240626/

I won't wear masks for the same reason I don't wear underwear ~ things gotta breath.
:lol:

God bless those women. They have more cojones than this entire board.

And they may soon be dead. Is that OK with you?

I don’t particularly care and nor do you; lefties profess concern for others but it’s all performative art hot air. This virus is far less deadly than originally thought and getting less deadly every day.

Darwinism works every day in this universe. Meth addicts use acetone and lithium to juice their high, which seems far more deadly, yet I’ve never heard your concern about that.

Are you concerned about every person’s self-harm? If so, I had too much wine last night; I expert your thoughts and prayers.
This was a real classic.
Wearing masks is far more about our concern for others than ourselves, and vice versa other's wearing masks is to protect us more than it is them.

Sociopaths, however, don't care about others only themselves.

Unfortunately, Trump has made this into a political issue rather than just doing the right thing by others.

Funny how PB says lefties don't give a shtt about anyone and then goes on to applaud Darwinism. As usual, right wing delusionals always engage in projections and other crap.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 pm PB's fellow Republicans have much to say about wearing masks:

https://www.facebook.com/RTnews/videos/ ... 110240626/

I won't wear masks for the same reason I don't wear underwear ~ things gotta breath.
:lol:

God bless those women. They have more cojones than this entire board.

And they may soon be dead. Is that OK with you?

I don’t particularly care and nor do you; lefties profess concern for others but it’s all performative art hot air. This virus is far less deadly than originally thought and getting less deadly every day.

Darwinism works every day in this universe. Meth addicts use acetone and lithium to juice their high, which seems far more deadly, yet I’ve never heard your concern about that.

Are you concerned about every person’s self-harm? If so, I had too much wine last night; I expert your thoughts and prayers.
This was a real classic.
Wearing masks is far more about our concern for others than ourselves, and vice versa other's wearing masks is to protect us more than it is them.

Sociopaths, however, don't care about others only themselves.

Unfortunately, Trump has made this into a political issue rather than just doing the right thing by others.

Funny how PB says lefties don't give a shtt about anyone and then goes on to applaud Darwinism. As usual, right wing delusionals always engage in projections and other dump.

Darwinism isn’t about caring or not caring like you posit. It’s caring enough to respect your choices and not pretending that life is fair.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:48 am
Darwinism isn’t about caring or not caring like you posit. It’s caring enough to respect your choices and not pretending that life is fair.

Over the years scholars have drawn parallels between Darwinism and Hitlerianism. No surprise that right wing Republicans applaud both.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRUMP's solution to the virus:

Bart

Post by Bart »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:13 am

Over the years scholars have drawn parallels between Darwinism and Hitlerianism. No surprise that right wing Republicans applaud both.
And that, imo,is idiotic.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:21 am Abortion illuminates how far the left in this country have fallen. They can’t even discuss the emotional toll and humans cost to not simply the woman, but to humanity itself.
Added a bit of touch up.
One day your team will get to work with the other team, and put the pedal to the metal on unwanted pregnancies. SexEd in school. Free birth control. They whole ball of wax.

One day-----one day------someone on your team will explain to me as to why this hasn't happened at any point over the last 50 years. I don't understand it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:58 am
Added a bit of touch up.
One day your team will get to work with the other team, and put the pedal to the metal on unwanted pregnancies. SexEd in school. Free birth control. They whole ball of wax.

One day-----one day------someone on your team will explain to me as to why this hasn't happened at any point over the last 50 years. I don't understand it.
Not gonna argue about your point....I quite agree, but do not forget that the Unions run education. AFT, AFSME, NEA. They have the blue wall surrounding them.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Added a bit of touch up.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/18/76175386 ... rm-decline

https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent- ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:20 pm
Added a bit of touch up.

Not gonna argue about your point....I quite agree, but do not forget that the Unions run education. AFT, AFSME, NEA. They have the blue wall surrounding them.
Yes. My point exactly. And these unions would fall all over themselves to work with your team to eliminate unwanted pregnancies. They'd start this very day.

They'd be the best ally you've ever had. And again....I have NO CLUE why you folks aren't working together on this.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:26 pm
Added a bit of touch up.

Yes. My point exactly. And these unions would fall all over themselves to work with your team to eliminate unwanted pregnancies. They'd start this very day.

They'd be the best ally you've ever had. And again....I have NO CLUE why you folks aren't working together on this.
Easier to divide people along some artificial cultural construct.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bart wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 am

Explain ...

a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:35 pm Easier to divide people along some artificial cultural construct.
Bingo. It's straight up criminal that these two groups don't work together to fix the actual problem.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:26 pm
Added a bit of touch up.

I see your point, got it now, took a bit of back and forth to hear you. I've seen how D's in MD fought tooth and nail against Hogan on anything that got close to education. They wanted to protect that turf, throw political grenades at him for a bit, to rattle him and let thier constituency know they are on it. In the end, Hogan got a little and so did the entrenched Maryland D's....for the most part they are working together.

Have a great day.
~Livy

Bart

Post by Bart »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:31 pm
Bart wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 am

Explain ...
Darwinism is the evolution of species due to small changes in inherited characteristics due to natural selection. Where minor changes in genotyes lead to small incremental changes in phenotye that lead to increased reproductive success.

This has nothing to do with the views Hitler and his ilk suscribed to. Their theories were on the lines of social Darwinism which was used to support thir master race bull sczhit.

Darwinism used in the original context of these posts was incorrect, imo.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The entire ethos of my political philosophy is: leave people be. If it seems like I tell people what to do, it's really quite the opposite: I am telling them to leave me alone and I will do the same for them.
Petey -- if you go away thereby leaving all of us alone, I promise to stop calling out what a total POS moron you are. Deal?

By the way on Sweden. Scoreboard:

Sweden 523
Denmark 104
Finland 59
Norway 46

That's deaths per million of population.

So like in golf, a high score is bad.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:40 pm I see your point, got it now, took a bit of back and forth to hear you. I've seen how D's in MD fought tooth and nail against Hogan on anything that got close to education. They wanted to protect that turf, throw political grenades at him for a bit, to rattle him and let thier constituency know they are on it. In the end, Hogan got a little and so did the entrenched Maryland D's....for the most part they are working together.

Have a great day.
We're talking past each other I think, as you're thinking locally---that started to happen here in Colorado....and unwanted pregnancies started to fall off a cliff.

And then the program was shut down.

I'm talking about an all out attack on unwanted pregnancies at the Federal level. And it would cost doodly to do it.

Crying shame it's not happening. Because when you go after the actual problem? The numbers plummet. And that's the goal, right?

Have a great weekend, YA!
ggait

Post by ggait »

We're talking past each other I think, as you're thinking locally---that started to happen here in Colorado....and unwanted pregnancies started to fall off a cliff.
Thanks to Warren Buffet $$$ and Gov. Hickenlooper, Colorado provided free long-acting reversible contraception (i.e. IUDs or implants) to low income women beginning at age 15.

Reduced births by 20% for adolescents between ages 15 to 17 and 18 to 19. Reduced state teen pregnancies by 54%. Reduced teen abortion rates by 64%. Saved $70 million in averted public assistance costs.

Program was opposed by dumb ass pro-life fiscal conservative theocrat Republicans every step of the way.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

ggait wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm
The entire ethos of my political philosophy is: leave people be. If it seems like I tell people what to do, it's really quite the opposite: I am telling them to leave me alone and I will do the same for them.
Petey -- if you go away thereby leaving all of us alone, I promise to stop calling out what a total POS moron you are. Deal?

By the way on Sweden. Scoreboard:

Sweden 523
Denmark 104
Finland 59
Norway 46

That's deaths per million of population.

So like in golf, a high score is bad.
I know I’m guilty of it, too, but you’ve got to try to stop responding.

The only things you can possibly get back from a horse’s arse is flatulence or horse manure.

Return to “POLITICS”