All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

PB's fellow Republicans have much to say about wearing masks:

https://www.facebook.com/RTnews/videos/ ... 110240626/

I won't wear masks for the same reason I don't wear underwear ~ things gotta breath.
:lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 pm PB's fellow Republicans have much to say about wearing masks:

I won't wear masks for the same reason I don't wear underwear ~ things gotta breath.

God bless those women. They have more cojones than this entire board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:27 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 pm PB's fellow Republicans have much to say about wearing masks:

Must be talkin about Florida women. They also have an Adam’s apple.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Must be talkin about Florida women. They also have an Adam’s apple.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

And they may soon be dead. Is that OK with you?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 pm

I don’t particularly care and nor do you; lefties profess concern for others but it’s all performative art hot air. This virus is far less deadly than originally thought and getting less deadly every day.

Darwinism works every day in this universe. Meth addicts use acetone and lithium to juice their high, which seems far more deadly, yet I’ve never heard your concern about that.

Are you concerned about every person’s self-harm? If so, I had too much wine last night; I expert your thoughts and prayers.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:49 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm for those touting Sweden's response - check out the latest map

Yup. Most everyone with a pea for a brain could see that what Sweden was doing was a disaster waiting to happen. They got pretty lucky with early seeding, or lack thereof, but you have to pay the piper eventually as they are now.

Seeing the same thing now in the US in Arizona, Texas, and Florida which unfortunately seem to be heading for disasters. The only silver lining is that the medical community, through tough and heroic trial and error experimentation, has figured out some better approaches to treat the disease, which has cut the death rate a bit.

Who you gonna believe about Sweden, an American Fanlax lefty who’s never been to Sweden but loves liberal American media, or Sweden’s own head of health?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... al-mistake

The left has polluted the most basic debates. Don’t engage their narrative. Fight them. Their end game is the ruination of success.

The only unmitigated disaster in this whole scenario is Andrew cuomos New York.
In the article it states there has been roughly 65,000 cases of Covid-19 with 5,200 fatalities. that puts the mortality rate at roughly 8%.

It is also suggested that the country can develop herd immunity with 60% infected (some articles would suggest this is a low percentage). Sweeden's current population is estimated to be 10, 099,625 so for herd immunity to be effective 6,059,775 people would need to be infected. At the current rate of mortality (from your NPR source) that would mean 484,782 people would die. Those numbers are from the data currently at hand from your article. The mortality rate may very well decrease as the number of susceptible individuals who are also high risk are infected and perish due to the virus. If not that 484,782 is a large number of individuals.

What is you acceptable total? Is this number acceptable?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Bart wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:12 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm for those touting Sweden's response - check out the latest map

Yup. Most everyone with a pea for a brain could see that what Sweden was doing was a disaster waiting to happen. They got pretty lucky with early seeding, or lack thereof, but you have to pay the piper eventually as they are now.

Seeing the same thing now in the US in Arizona, Texas, and Florida which unfortunately seem to be heading for disasters. The only silver lining is that the medical community, through tough and heroic trial and error experimentation, has figured out some better approaches to treat the disease, which has cut the death rate a bit.

Who you gonna believe about Sweden, an American Fanlax lefty who’s never been to Sweden but loves liberal American media, or Sweden’s own head of health?

The left has polluted the most basic debates. Don’t engage their narrative. Fight them. Their end game is the ruination of success.

In the article it states there has been roughly 65,000 cases of Covid-19 with 5,200 fatalities. that puts the mortality rate at roughly 8%.

It is also suggested that the country can develop herd immunity with 60% infected (some articles would suggest this is a low percentage). Sweeden's current population is estimated to be 10, 099,625 so for herd immunity to be effective 6,059,775 people would need to be infected. At the current rate of mortality (from your NPR source) that would mean 484,782 people would die. Those numbers are from the data currently at hand from your article. The mortality rate may very well decrease as the number of susceptible individuals who are also high risk are infected and perish due to the virus. If not that 484,782 is a large number of individuals.

I was watching CNN this morning and the 'expert' there said that infection rates are undercounted by a factor 10x. So if his theory is correct (and I think he's correct and possibly undercounting), and you extrapolate that assumption to Sweden, then the Swedish mortality rate is actually more like 0.008%...which seems far more plausible given what we know now.

In any event, I don't (and nor should anyone) freak out over Covid like you do; I wear a mask only in supermarkets and that is a courtesy to everyone else; if someone doesn't want to wear a mask, it doesn't bother me in the least. I certainly don't publicly harass and shame them out of stores like we are seeing around the country by the usual suspects...

The death rate is dropping every day as medical professionals with a profit incentive determine the best treatments and drugs to use, and that will only get more efficacious and accelerate faster. That's capitalism...let the market work its wonders. It never fails, even though people worry themselves to death thinking it will. By October 1, I expect the mortality rate to be near zero because that is how life works in this imperfect world.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am

I don’t particularly care and nor do you; lefties profess concern for others but it’s all performative art hot air. This virus is far less deadly than originally thought and getting less deadly every day.

Darwinism works every day in this universe. Meth addicts use acetone and lithium to juice their high, which seems far more deadly, yet I’ve never heard your concern about that.

Are you concerned about every person’s self-harm? If so, I had too much wine last night; I expert your thoughts and prayers.
This was a real classic.
Wearing masks is far more about our concern for others than ourselves, and vice versa other's wearing masks is to protect us more than it is them.

Sociopaths, however, don't care about others only themselves.

Unfortunately, Trump has made this into a political issue rather than just doing the right thing by others.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:01 am

I was watching CNN this morning and the 'expert' there said that infection rates are undercounted by a factor 10x. So if his theory is correct (and I think he's correct and possibly undercounting), and you extrapolate that assumption to Sweden, then the Swedish mortality rate is actually more like 0.008%...which seems far more plausible given what we know now.

In any event, I don't (and nor should anyone) freak out over Covid like you do; I wear a mask only in supermarkets and that is a courtesy to everyone else; if someone doesn't want to wear a mask, it doesn't bother me in the least. I certainly don't publicly harass and shame them out of stores like we are seeing around the country by the usual suspects...

The death rate is dropping every day as medical professionals with a profit incentive determine the best treatments and drugs to use, and that will only get more efficacious and accelerate faster. That's capitalism...let the market work its wonders. It never fails, even though people worry themselves to death thinking it will. By October 1, I expect the mortality rate to be near zero because that is how life works in this imperfect world.
Glad to hear you are wearing a mask, PB. Do you do that to protect others or are you doing it to protect yourself?

Gotta go back to middle school PB on your math. It would be .8% not .008%.

You are correct that we're doing better and better in treating the disease and hopefully this will continue to bear fruit. However, you are ignoring the damage done to long term health of those who survive rough bouts.

You are also quite incorrect that the progress being made, so far, on care regimens is driven by profit incentive. Nope, most of what has improved is the docs doing their darnedest to figure out what to do and when, how to handle the patients, etc with no difference in remuneration for doing so. Yes, we are likely to see some drugs and vaccines developed with a profit incentive, but I guarantee you that most of those scientists are doing so because they truly want to make a difference in the lives of millions, not because they'll personally profit.

The other major factor in death rate is that we now have way, way more attention on the most vulnerable populations, particularly the elderly, better protocols, more PPE, etc.

And those who are picking up the virus in the current surge are thus skewing younger, so fewer deaths of the first group to get it...but it is also spreading among middle age and those who live in family situations with older folks. Young folks may die at low rates, but they are going to be inevitably spreading it to those who are more vulnerable.

And hospitalizations from COVID are now rising, following the surge in spread.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 am

This was a real classic.
Wearing masks is far more about our concern for others than ourselves, and vice versa other's wearing masks is to protect us more than it is them.

Unfortunately, Trump has made this into a political issue rather than just doing the right thing by others.

People who always have to tell others that they care, don't actually care...most of this public shaming is performative Internet art or heights of arrogance, choose your weapon. Do you wish to appear woke so you tell people how to lead their lives, or are you so arrogant that you think you have that right?

My belief in life is this: who am I to tell anyone how to live theirs. Take care of your own home before you demand to take care of others that never sought to be taken care of in the first place. The height of arrogance is thinking you know better than others, and doubling down on the fakery of 'caring'. No one shaming others for not wearing a mask cares bout those people or anyone else. This is all such a sham of humanity.

You want to prove to me that you truly care about others? Leave them the he!! alone. That's caring. I care enough about you to respect your decision, for better or worse.

No one knows and nor do I know what the best method of dealing with this virus is. Maybe in the end herd immunity will have been the correct call. I don't have the ego to claim I know better than those women...maybe they're the ones who are correct.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:30 am

This was a real classic.

People who always have to tell others that they care, don't actually care...most of this public shaming is performative Internet art or heights of arrogance, choose your weapon. Do you wish to appear woke so you tell people how to lead their lives, or are you so arrogant that you think you have that right?

My belief in life is this: who am I to tell anyone how to live theirs. Take care of your own home before you demand to take care of others that never sought to be taken care of in the first place. The height of arrogance is thinking you know better than others, and doubling down on the fakery of 'caring'. No one shaming others for not wearing a mask cares bout those people or anyone else. This is all such a sham of humanity.

You want to prove to me that you truly care about others? Leave them the he!! alone. That's caring. I care enough about you to respect your decision, for better or worse.

No one knows and nor do I know what the best method of dealing with this virus is. Maybe in the end herd immunity will have been the correct call. I don't have the ego to claim I know better than those women...maybe they're the ones who are correct.
:lol: :lol: :roll:
Yeah, you never tell people what to think and do...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:29 am

Glad to hear you are wearing a mask, PB. Do you do that to protect others or are you doing it to protect yourself?

Gotta go back to middle school PB on your math. It would be .8% not .008%

You are correct that we're doing better and better in treating the disease and hopefully this will continue to bear fruit. However, you are ignoring the damage done to long term health of those who survive rough bouts.

You are also quite incorrect that the progress being made, so far, on care regimens is driven by profit incentive. Nope, most of what has improved is the docs doing their darnedest to figure out what to do and when, how to handle the patients, etc with no difference in remuneration for doing so. Yes, we are likely to see some drugs and vaccines developed with a profit incentive, but I guarantee you that most of those scientists are doing so because they truly want to make a difference in the lives of millions, not because they'll personally profit.

The other major factor in death rate is that we now have way, way more attention on the most vulnerable populations, particularly the elderly, better protocols, more PPE, etc.

And those who are picking up the virus in the current surge are thus skewing younger, so fewer deaths of the first group to get it...but it is also spreading among middle age and those who live in family situations with older folks. Young folks may die at low rates, but they are going to be inevitably spreading it to those who are more vulnerable.

That might explain why my cost basis for Gilead is 78 when it's trading at 74.50...I never was a stock picker! :lol:

Then again, whatever I lose, Amazon always picks up the slack for me.

Anyway, the death rates are dropping all over the world, even Brazil. The doctors have the profit incentive to get it right, and they are doing just that. We will be out of the woods on this virus even without a vaccine by October 1...count on it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 am

This was a real classic.

The entire ethos of my political philosophy is: leave people be. If it seems like I tell people what to do, it's really quite the opposite: I am telling them to leave me alone and I will do the same for them
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 am

This was a real classic.

The entire ethos of my political philosophy is: leave people be. If it seems like I tell people what to do, it's really quite the opposite: I am telling them to leave me alone and I will do the same for them
Feel free to leave us alone, PB.
Please.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:29 am

Gotta go back to middle school PB on your math. It would be .8% not .008%

That might explain why my cost basis for Gilead is 78 when it's trading at 74.50...I never was a stock picker! :lol:

Then again, whatever I lose, Amazon always picks up the slack for me.

Anyway, the death rates are dropping all over the world, even Brazil. The doctors have the profit incentive to get it right, and they are doing just that. We will be out of the woods on this virus even without a vaccine by October 1...count on it.
Man, that would be terrific.
But no, we darn sure shouldn't 'count on it'.
Bart

Post by Bart »

First, I see no freaking out in my post. It is an extrapolation of Data YOU linked to. With the current assumptions and analysis of what is happening it is an analysis. Your failure to answer a simple question is noted. You chose to not use the data from a source you posted to answer a simple question so you found a source that would suit your needs. Using the data you linked to,not an opinion of an expert on the under-counting of cases but actual data at hand care to answer the question? The rest of your post is fluff........

Now I will agree with you on certain aspects of your post NOT related to the data you linked to.
I also believe we are/have undercounted the number of cases. We just do not have the testing capacity to test everyone to find them all. 10X? I do not know if it is that high or higher as the ideas about this are all over the place.

Mortality will decrease as time moves on and the medical field figures it all out. I would really be interested in see mortality statistics from early March/April versus now. These rates will decrease from both the efficacy of treatment and the removal of highly susceptible individuals from the population so itis not all good news on that front.

If you mean the virus mortality will be near zero, you mean like the 0.008% you touted with a 10X exposure rate? First it is 0.8% percent, second if this were the case it is still 8x higher than the historical average of the seasonal flu. But using your logic in the US the total confirmed cases is 2,510,337 (numbers from JHU site) so IF we are undercounting by 10X this would mean there are actually 25,510,337 cases out there. So using your number from sweeden that means there should be 204,082 deaths. We don't, that goodness, have that many. So either the undercounting you proposed is high OR the mortality rate,(0.8%) is high OR some type of combination of the two.

If you utilize the 10X undercounting of infected and the current number of deaths that give you roughly a rate of 0.49%, a figure many believed would be the rate when all is said and done.
Last edited by Bart on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

This was a real classic.

Pro Choice Pete!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:52 am

This was a real classic.

Pro Choice Pete!

I am pro choice. Not third semester though. Also in my opinion this is the most wrenching decision an actual human and not an animal would make. The problem is Democrats embrace abortion like it’s no more than a flipping f@rt. That disturbs me to no end, that your view on this issue is either for or against. Abortion illuminates how far the left in this country have fallen. They can’t even discuss the emotional toll and humans cost to not simply the woman, but to humanity itself.

Return to “POLITICS”