All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:20 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm WG -- I know the IHME projections are sub-optimal. But better than having nothing when trying to make decisions in the middle of the battle.

So FWIW, they project 538 daily deaths at September 1 on our current path. Versus 96 per day if we go universal masks.

So let's go with Little Marco -- wear the darn mask!!

Especially since there's zero downside of wearing masks. Unless you think like Petey Cry Wolf Gator Troll Boy Brown.

Since PCWGTBB thinks masks are the preferred tool of the TDS FLPs to bring about their preferred totalitarian extermination of all freedom in the USA. But then he also believes George Floyd died of other causes. Gross. Stupid. Predictable.
as i don't think i'll be swaying anyone's decisions and only really risk the ire of the experts on fanlax... the downside isn't zero.
the WHO says so.
there are at least several + "potential" issues with masks and frankly there wouldn't have been all the waffling with major health orgs if that wasn't the case.
that said, i jump in the mask doggy pile for a preponderence of evidence and yeah... if any and all of us want to argue for laws as well as freedoms within reason we should at least try to be on board unless it's a cause worth rebellion.
your crazy modeling guys at ihme notwithstanding.

to me, it is much more a matter of behavior (which can include masks). our behavior will set the direction.
I would think that the upside (that mask/facial covering wearing) is dominant over the downside. Visited my daughter (lives in a fairly major city in the Midwest) this past weekend, and it is clear that no one seems to be without one in the city limits, and usually does not have it over their face unless in pretty close quarters outside, or upon entering a business. Did see a few older people (compared to me at 63) pull up masks while walking down a rail trail when passing the opposite direction...

Get out into the burbs and the mask wearing diminishes a little.
Mask wearing should not be on the downside. It is one of the easiest things we can all do to help protect every one. I am not a person easily persuaded to so something I really dont like doing. Wearing a mask is a no brainer.
Does that mean you are finally delighted to be living in the Empire State? I know I am, where they take a pandemic serious and science rules over politics. NYS didn’t do everything right, but they took one for the country to show the way. I would be very unhappy in a state or region where simply wearing a mask is a big deal.

FYI I was at Letchworth State Park today. I’ve been in every state and NYS has an abundance of beauty matched by few. Niagara gorge yesterday, Genesee gorge today. Next Tuesday I’m going to Syracuse to see if there’s a AC in dmac’s yard.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm
try running with one on. Get back to us.

I know, I know, don't run if the mask becomes a problem. stay home.....get fat. DON'T exercise :roll:
If you are running outside and don't stay close to anyone you don't really need to wear it then.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

We need to panic!!!!! Just kidding. Facts schmackts.

D810D7AF-078D-4BF0-9F43-75752F7C4A6F.jpeg
D810D7AF-078D-4BF0-9F43-75752F7C4A6F.jpeg (192.11 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The US seven day average daily death toll taken at midnight each Friday night / Saturday morning GMT has been monotonically declining since April 24, for 8 weeks. The trended ended tonight with the 7 day average increasing to a level higher than it was two weeks ago.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm WG -- I know the IHME projections are sub-optimal. But better than having nothing when trying to make decisions in the middle of the battle.

So FWIW, they project 538 daily deaths at September 1 on our current path. Versus 96 per day if we go universal masks.

Especially since there's zero downside of wearing masks. Unless you think like Petey Cry Wolf Gator Troll Boy Brown.

Since PCWGTBB thinks masks are the preferred tool of the TDS FLPs to bring about their preferred totalitarian extermination of all freedom in the USA. But then he also believes George Floyd died of other causes. Gross. Stupid. Predictable.
as i don't think i'll be swaying anyone's decisions and only really risk the ire of the experts on fanlax... the downside isn't zero.
the WHO says so.
there are at least several + "potential" issues with masks and frankly there wouldn't have been all the waffling with major health orgs if that wasn't the case.
that said, i jump in the mask doggy pile for a preponderence of evidence and yeah... if any and all of us want to argue for laws as well as freedoms within reason we should at least try to be on board unless it's a cause worth rebellion.

to me, it is much more a matter of behavior (which can include masks). our behavior will set the direction.
I would think that the upside (that mask/facial covering wearing) is dominant over the downside. Visited my daughter (lives in a fairly major city in the Midwest) this past weekend, and it is clear that no one seems to be without one in the city limits, and usually does not have it over their face unless in pretty close quarters outside, or upon entering a business. Did see a few older people (compared to me at 63) pull up masks while walking down a rail trail when passing the opposite direction...

Mask wearing should not be on the downside. It is one of the easiest things we can all do to help protect every one. I am not a person easily persuaded to so something I really dont like doing. Wearing a mask is a no brainer.
Does that mean you are finally delighted to be living in the Empire State? I know I am, where they take a pandemic serious and science rules over politics. NYS didn’t do everything right, but they took one for the country to show the way. I would be very unhappy in a state or region where simply wearing a mask is a big deal.

FYI I was at Letchworth State Park today. I’ve been in every state and NYS has an abundance of beauty matched by few. Niagara gorge yesterday, Genesee gorge today. Next Tuesday I’m going to Syracuse to see if there’s a AC in dmac’s yard.
god's country in the summa and fall.
glad you got outta pa!!!
if you have time, check out chittenango falls and cazenovia lake and town out east.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
And there isn't such thing as "a right move" in this mess. If you loosen up "too much", people die. If you loosen up "too little", people suffer economically. And no one can say what "too much" or "too little is"....and the situation changes almost hourly.
Were you pre law at some time a Fan? That is a pretty damn good summation if I do say so.
Yep... +1 a fan
Sure sounds like he IS defending tRump with that retort.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
njbill

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm Related bit of news - the Coronavirus Task Force is reportedly considering doing pooled testing to save on tests...
Is it true Trump suggested reusing test kits?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm [
Zuby
Well, this part is on Trump. CDC is in his purview, and he's the leader of our country.

You do what any leader would do in this situation: Trump needed to hold a weekly meeting with every Governor, and work out the same message that is repeated over and over and over. They haven't done that.

That said, we learn more about the virus every day. What you're telling us is that we shouldn't change our tactics and strategy based on new battlefield information, and just plow though. This virus isn't even a year old...it's absurd to expect our understanding of the virus to not change from month to month.
[/quote]

Hillarious Clinton alive...........a few post ago you wrote there are NO right moves.......

and then blame tRump, partially. in this post.

interesting. Talking about being all over the place.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:31 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm Related bit of news - the Coronavirus Task Force is reportedly considering doing pooled testing to save on tests...
Is it true Trump suggested reusing test kits?
inject a lil chlorine into the tubes.......instead of the lungs this time.......
DMac

Post by DMac »

ardilla secreta wrote
I think there are a whole bunch of people who have no idea just how gorgeous NYS is, it really is a beautiful state...lots of water here too.
I'm a little bummed now, as I'm heading up to the Adirondaks with two of my boys on Sunday. They've got a hundred acres up there, quite a nice little paradise (summertime only and after black fly season only) with virtualy no rules. My kind of place.
AC.
Accomodating Cooler?
Aromatic Cannabis?
Yes.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm WG -- I find that explanation entirely unconvincing. Because there's zero data presented on the comparative risk profile of wearing/not wearing a mask. Wait....WHAT! This is what I have been saying for months. There is zero proof that wearing a mask.....

Sure, wearing a seatbelt might make me drive faster and be more likely to get into an accident. And a seatbelt might slow me down from getting out of my car if it bursts into flame. But you can't tell me that seatbelts are net bad unless you also factor in the benefits you get from wearing a seatbelt. Councilor, retool this argument. If you never get into the car (leave home), there is no need to wear a seatbelt. (mask) Does wearing a mask make you run around wanting to hug everyone, ala Joe Biden, like driving fast b/c you're wearing a seatbelt? And all this time I thought it was because of the law. Ummm.....how many people STILL text and drive.....exactly.

FWIW, here's the risk section on masks from the WHO. Judge for yourself if this seems reasonable. To me, it sounds like an over-lawyered CYA rather than sound medical advice. Kind of like the fast-talk disclaimer warnings of TV commercials for pharmaceuticals -- "if your boner lasts more than four hours seek medical attention. And this stuff could kill you!!:

There are potential risks and disadvantages that should be taken into account in any decision-making process on the use of masks:

Non-medical or fabric masks could increase potential for COVID-19 to infect a person if the mask is contaminated by dirty hands and touched often, or kept on other parts of the face or head and then placed back over the mouth and nose
Depending on the type of mask used, could cause difficulty in breathing
They can lead to facial skin breakdown
They can lead to difficulty with communicating clearly
They can be uncomfortable to wear
It is possible that mask use, with unclear benefits, could create a false sense of security in the wearer, leading to diminished practice of recognized beneficial preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:18 pm

the WHO says so.

god's country in the summa and fall.
glad you got outta pa!!!
if you have time, check out chittenango falls and cazenovia lake and town out east.
only thing in Dmac's backyard is sativa
ggait

Post by ggait »

WG -- I find that explanation entirely unconvincing. Because there's zero data presented on the comparative risk profile of wearing/not wearing a mask. Wait....WHAT! This is what I have been saying for months. There is zero proof that wearing a mask.....
WG -- come on. Stop pee-ing on my leg and tell me it is raining.

There is TONS of evidence over the past 100 years that mask wearing stops the spread of disease. Notice all those pictures from 1918? Notice how well all today's mask wearing countries are doing?

What bugs me about your take is that YOU offer ZERO quantitative or comparative DATA about what the countervailing risks might be. OK a mask MIGHT cause me to act out all Covid crazy. But has anyone actually studied that? Or are you just going with your hunch/gut?

Despite the caveated CYA double speak coming from WHO, it seems like their behavior is pretty clear:

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news ... 04d5827389
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

After how poorly he/they handled the origin of CV-19, why is WHO's Director-General still there?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

70,000 Americans have died of covid since the last coronavirus task force briefing.

Pence, in coronavirus task force briefing, urged Americans three times to pray. He did not urge Americans to wear masks.

Heartbreaking and criminal.
Last edited by CU88 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 am 70,000 Americans have died of covid since the last coronavirus task force briefing. Heartbreaking and criminal.
You have "heartbreaking" correct at least. "Criminal?" IMO, that's just stupid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm WG -- I find that explanation entirely unconvincing. Because there's zero data presented on the comparative risk profile of wearing/not wearing a mask.

Sure, wearing a seatbelt might make me drive faster and be more likely to get into an accident. And a seatbelt might slow me down from getting out of my car if it bursts into flame. But you can't tell me that seatbelts are net bad unless you also factor in the benefits you get from wearing a seatbelt.

FWIW, here's the risk section on masks from the WHO. Judge for yourself if this seems reasonable. To me, it sounds like an over-lawyered CYA rather than sound medical advice. Kind of like the fast-talk disclaimer warnings of TV commercials for pharmaceuticals -- "if your boner lasts more than four hours seek medical attention. And this stuff could kill you!!:

There are potential risks and disadvantages that should be taken into account in any decision-making process on the use of masks:

Non-medical or fabric masks could increase potential for COVID-19 to infect a person if the mask is contaminated by dirty hands and touched often, or kept on other parts of the face or head and then placed back over the mouth and nose
Depending on the type of mask used, could cause difficulty in breathing
They can lead to facial skin breakdown
They can lead to difficulty with communicating clearly
They can be uncomfortable to wear
It is possible that mask use, with unclear benefits, could create a false sense of security in the wearer, leading to diminished practice of recognized beneficial preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene.
If you have a boner for over four hours I’d recommend not putting your hands anywhere near your face prior to a thorough cleansing plus multiple rounds of Purell.

* disclaimer: this advice may not be suitable if one is at taco bar night at the local gentlemen’s club...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

the WHO says so.

Scoot over to Buttermilk Falls State Park in Ithaca and maybe Toughannock (sp?) in Trumansburg via either 89 or 96 if you have the time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:38 pm
ardilla secreta wrote
I think there are a whole bunch of people who have no idea just how gorgeous NYS is, it really is a beautiful state...lots of water here too.
I'm a little bummed now, as I'm heading up to the Adirondaks with two of my boys on Sunday. They've got a hundred acres up there, quite a nice little paradise (summertime only and after black fly season only) with virtualy no rules. My kind of place.
AC.
Accomodating Cooler?
Aromatic Cannabis?
Yes.
A bit of a haul but Au Sable Forks is awesome IMO (and everywhere around the immediate area)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_Sabl ... ,_New_York

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Au+Sa ... 25f4?hl=en
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Your daily reminder:

0601D012-C10C-4015-9D2D-86F0D0E41BFC.jpeg