All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:26 pm Covid 'expert advice' timeline:

No human to human transmission, but there is

Death rate is 2%, but it's not

Ventilators work, but they don't

Stay home, but go outside

Lockdown is to flatten the curve, but it's not

Masks don't work, but they do

No family visits, protests ok

Any wonder why normal Americans are skeptical?

Zuby
Well, this part is on Trump. CDC is in his purview, and he's the leader of our country.

You do what any leader would do in this situation: Trump needed to hold a weekly meeting with every Governor, and work out the same message that is repeated over and over and over. They haven't done that.

So the messaging is all over the place.

That said, we learn more about the virus every day. What you're telling us is that we shouldn't change our tactics and strategy based on new battlefield information, and just plow though. This virus isn't even a year old...it's absurd to expect our understanding of the virus to not change from month to month.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
And there isn't such thing as "a right move" in this mess. If you loosen up "too much", people die. If you loosen up "too little", people suffer economically. And no one can say what "too much" or "too little is"....and the situation changes almost hourly.
Were you pre law at some time a Fan? That is a pretty damn good summation if I do say so.
Yep... +1 a fan
Thanks, gents. I think I can speak on behalf of all of us, and say that we just want this F'ing thing over with!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:26 pm Covid 'expert advice' timeline:

No human to human transmission, but there is

Death rate is 2%, but it's not

Ventilators work, but they don't

Stay home, but go outside

Lockdown is to flatten the curve, but it's not

Masks don't work, but they do

No family visits, protests ok

Any wonder why normal Americans are skeptical?

Zuby
Well, this part is on Trump. CDC is in his purview, and he's the leader of our country.

You do what any leader would do in this situation: Trump needed to hold a weekly meeting with every Governor, and work out the same message that is repeated over and over and over. They haven't done that.

That said, we learn more about the virus every day. What you're telling us is that we shouldn't change our tactics and strategy based on new battlefield information, and just plow though. This virus isn't even a year old...it's absurd to expect our understanding of the virus to not change from month to month.
i'll give you death rate and ventilators, and the go outside message was fine.
the rest, not so much. nothing to do with understanding of the virus.
DMac

Post by DMac »

The Sched 1 drug (still). Amazing the possibilities when research is opened to more than one team with an agenda.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how- ... 15918.html
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

From twitter:

"From June 17 through Friday, the state added 42,851 cases."-- to put that in perspective, Ohio has had ~45k cases in total since the beginning of the pandemic.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 pm

No, no, no! tRUMP refuses to take responsibility for anything. Therefore, we have no choice to shout BLAME OBAMA! After all, it is rather catchy even if there isn't a word of truth in this claim. But it sure works for tRUMP and his minions.

BLAME OBAMA!
BLAME OBAMA!
BLAME OBAMA!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Blue curve is New York State, red one is the rest of the US. Solid lines are 7 day averages.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-orde ... 46869.html
Not posted by Peter Brownhole.
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s ... ca/florida

Just strange
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 pm Blue curve is New York State, red one is the rest of the US. Solid lines are 7 day averages.

This graph is of what? Number of drinks by noon? 7 day average of dog walking? Those are big numbers on the Y axis....
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bart wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 pm Blue curve is New York State, red one is the rest of the US. Solid lines are 7 day averages.

This graph is of what? Number of drinks by noon? 7 day average of dog walking? Those are big numbers on the Y axis....
Sorry - new cases per day.
Bart

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Cases or cases per day? Either way, not surprised by the graph.

What does the graph look like if you do it as a percentage of tests? I know AndyVille had been right around 1% and slightly more than 1% the past few days.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bart wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 pm

What does the graph look like if you do it as a percentage of tests? I know AndyVille had been right around 1% and slightly more than 1% the past few days.
No idea on the rest of the US - but I have seen data from Florida and Oklahoma if I remember correctly where the positive rate was well over 15% and climbing.

Related bit of news - the Coronavirus Task Force is reportedly considering doing pooled testing to save on tests...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 pm

No idea on the rest of the US - but I have seen data from Florida and Oklahoma if I remember correctly where the positive rate was well over 15% and climbing.

Related bit of news - the Coronavirus Task Force is reportedly considering doing pooled testing to save on tests...
I think that we have finally landed on the Death Panel that the r's were talking about.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

New York ‘solved’ their COVID problem by not testing citizens. :lol: :lol:

You can always smell a rat. What clowns. I noticed a few of you here claiming some kind of Democratic vindication. Lol.
Attachments
133B818D-9CC7-49D5-B5C5-B5D6E7F96E3C.jpeg
133B818D-9CC7-49D5-B5C5-B5D6E7F96E3C.jpeg (119.43 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Scientists just beginning to understand the many health problems caused by COVID-19

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN23X1BZ
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Oh you wanted media confirmation that NY ‘solved’ their COVID problem by stopping testing?

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

The way you solve your Covid problem is stop testing! :lol:

🤡

I wonder if Chris Cuomo might ask his bro ‘bout this while he fellates him yet again?

Unreal. ‘BUT FLORIDA!!!’

:lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:52 pm New York ‘solved’ their COVID problem by not testing citizens. :lol: :lol:

You can always smell a rat. What clowns. I noticed a few of you here claiming some kind of Democratic vindication. Lol.
Check your source. Here is NYS website with daily metadata on Covid, and specific data for tests in state, by county, for June 26, 2020.

https://health.data.ny.gov/Health/New-Y ... /xdss-u53e
ggait

Post by ggait »

WG -- I find that explanation entirely unconvincing. Because there's zero data presented on the comparative risk profile of wearing/not wearing a mask.

Sure, wearing a seatbelt might make me drive faster and be more likely to get into an accident. And a seatbelt might slow me down from getting out of my car if it bursts into flame. But you can't tell me that seatbelts are net bad unless you also factor in the benefits you get from wearing a seatbelt.

FWIW, here's the risk section on masks from the WHO. Judge for yourself if this seems reasonable. To me, it sounds like an over-lawyered CYA rather than sound medical advice. Kind of like the fast-talk disclaimer warnings of TV commercials for pharmaceuticals -- "if your boner lasts more than four hours seek medical attention. And this stuff could kill you!!:

There are potential risks and disadvantages that should be taken into account in any decision-making process on the use of masks:

Non-medical or fabric masks could increase potential for COVID-19 to infect a person if the mask is contaminated by dirty hands and touched often, or kept on other parts of the face or head and then placed back over the mouth and nose
Depending on the type of mask used, could cause difficulty in breathing
They can lead to facial skin breakdown
They can lead to difficulty with communicating clearly
They can be uncomfortable to wear
It is possible that mask use, with unclear benefits, could create a false sense of security in the wearer, leading to diminished practice of recognized beneficial preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 pm WG -- so what's the risk of wearing a mask?

That it will give folks a false sense of security and lead to riskier behavior? Kind of like how people argue against wearing seatbelts or skiing with helmets?

Or that people will touch the mask, get Covid on their hands and then infect themselves with dirty hands?

Do you think that masks are a net positive all things considered?
try running with one on. Get back to us.

I know, I know, don't run if the mask becomes a problem. stay home.....get fat. DON'T exercise :roll:

Meanwhile, yes, masks stop some of the end results from the Krebs cycle, but, to answer you question INFECTION.

Our mouth is a nasty place. I wear, essentially, a neck gator. Clean it every time I wear it. Pneunomia is an awesome cleaner. Feels better when it's wet too.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”