Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:24 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:33 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:47 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:26 pm
If you're not playing the anthem, this is just part of the warm-up mix.
I would do away with the National Anthem before domestic sporting events. It makes sense for international competition but not domestic.....Have felt that way for years. Nothing like the anthem before international competition though. It’s meaningful.
+1 Of course you know in international competition someone is going to take a knee. Then what is the response? The slippery slope has already been opened up. :roll:
The slippery slope has been around for a while cradle - check out some USA winners (sprinters John Carlos and Tommie Smith) in Mexico City in 1968 as the National Anthem was played. The anti-knee protest so to speak. ;)

"We were not Antichrists. We were just human beings who saw a need to bring attention to the inequality in our country. I don't like the idea of people looking at it as negative. There was nothing but a raised fist in the air and a bowed head, acknowledging the American flag – not symbolizing a hatred for it" - applicable still today 52 years later.

… and white racist heads exploded all over America
No doubt, but not all heads that exploded were racists. Had that been a long haired white hippie boy disrespecting the anthem (that's the way the exploding heads folks saw it anyway) their heads would have exploded the same way. My father was anything but a racist and I don't have to tell you his head exploded when this happened. Had nothing to do with color though and everything to do with what he considered time and place. You stand and face the flag with hand over heart when the anthem is played, don't care what color you are in his book. The disrespect shown was why his head exploded and his head would have exploded if the guy had been green too.
but, who would have seen it if they did in only when hanging out at St. Leo's in Mexico city, enjoying some Panama Red?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
njbill

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 pm That knot was a way to create a pull loop at the proper height without the excess rope tail being in the way.
"A way"?

Not the way a normal human being would do it, which would be to measure and cut the rope to proper length first, or cut off the excess length after the loop had been fashioned, or wind any excess in any manner other than in a noose, which any person on the planet knows is a racist trope.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 pm That knot was a way to create a pull loop at the proper height without the excess rope tail being in the way.
"A way"?

Not the way a normal human being would do it, which would be to measure and cut the rope to proper length first, or cut off the excess length after the loop had been fashioned, or wind any excess in any manner other than in a noose, which any person on the planet knows is a racist trope.
Yea...b/c tying a noose is always a racist thing. :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:04 pm
"A way"?

Unless you want to use it yourself to commit suicide, what's the purpose other than some form of intimidation? I agree that it needn't be racist in 100% of instances, but it sure as heck isn't benign.

I've not been following this story closely enough...I understand that the rope was there earlier, with some sort of pull knot...but do they have proof that the knot was exactly the same last fall as the one we see now in pictures? Do they have a picture of it proving that to be the case? If so, we should wonder whether someone else was being intimidated. If it's not the exact same knot, then we're back to who re-did it and why.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

"A way"?

Pretty much.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The MInneapolis City Council by a vote of 12-0 voted today to abolish their police force.

I suspect I don't need to tell you that all 12 members are Democrats (or more accurately, DFL, which is Minnesota's Democratic Party). :lol:

The future of Democratic governing is here folks...it is screaming at you.

Who wants to tell me what insurance rates for auto, property, and liability will do in that city after this law goes into affect? Also, who wants to tell me how many businesses will migrate iNTO Minneapolis and not out?

Clown car, stage left. Your Democratic Party in action. Anti-police now, in addition to all other anti's they have accumulated (anti speech, anti capitalism, anti success, anti America, anti self determination, anti family...impressive starter list!).

https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/minneapol ... ice-force/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm The MInneapolis City Council by a vote of 12-0 voted today to abolish their police force.

I suspect I don't need to tell you that all 12 members are Democrats (or more accurately, DFL, which is Minnesota's Democratic Party). :lol:

Who wants to tell me what insurance rates for auto, property, and liability will do in that city after this law goes into affect? Also, who wants to tell me how many businesses will migrate iNTO Minneapolis and not out?

Clown car, stage left. Your Democratic Party in action. Anti-police now, in addition to all other anti's they have accumulated (anti speech, anti capitalism, anti success, anti America, anti self determination, anti family...impressive starter list!).

Lots and lots of steps to happen. but you know this

The mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frey, does not support the proposal and has power to veto it.

Is Frey a Democrat? Seriously, you can't argue your way out of a wet bag of water.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm The MInneapolis City Council by a vote of 12-0 voted today to abolish their police force.

The mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frey, does not support the proposal and has power to veto it.

Is Frey a Democrat? Seriously, you can't argue your way out of a wet bag of water.

Is Frey mayor for Life, RRR? I didn't realize he was so secure in his role that he doesn't need to compromise with a unanimous council. Like Kim Jung Un, that Jacob Frey. Good thing we have an intelligent life force such as you to set the record straight!

Thanks for the heads up.

The clown car here keeps adding members.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:19 pm
"A way"?

Pretty much.
Which means not certain....right? ;)

When I was in Boy Scouts, we always tried tying them, even used them when moving logs, never once thought about color.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm

Is Frey mayor for Life, RRR? I didn't realize he was so secure in his role that he doesn't need to compromise with a unanimous council. Like Kim Jung Un, that Jacob Frey. Good thing we have an intelligent life force such as you to set the record straight!

Thanks for the heads up.

The clown car here keeps adding members.
why do you hate the democratic process so much?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

"A way"?

Pretty much.
but, I tie this all the time. looks the same at the end....but what do I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4ZJWZrzGY
njbill

Post by njbill »

What fish were they fishing for in the NASCAR garage?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 pm What fish were they fishing for in the NASCAR garage?
Jessie Smollett
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm
"A way"?

Pretty much.
but, I tie this all the time. looks the same at the end....but what do I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4ZJWZrzGY
These dudes just wanted to make sure that knot would hold a big blackfin Tuna... :lol:

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I remember playing hangman in school to kill time when we were bored. Is hangman going the way of dodgeball? Too filled with anger to be played in any school at any time. If you get caught we will take your #2 pencils away from you and make you go to ballroom dancing classes. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm I remember playing hangman in school to kill time when we were bored. Is hangman going the way of dodgeball? Too filled with anger to be played in any school at any time. If you get caught we will take your #2 pencils away from you and make you go to ballroom dancing classes. :roll:
Leave one Anonymously in a black co-workers workspace and let us know how that works out.

https://taskandpurpose.com/.amp/news/na ... ting-noose
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm I remember playing hangman in school to kill time when we were bored. Is hangman going the way of dodgeball? Too filled with anger to be played in any school at any time. If you get caught we will take your #2 pencils away from you and make you go to ballroom dancing classes. :roll:
Leave one Anonymously in a black co-workers workspace and let us know how that works out.

I suppose your right 50 years ago it was just a game we played to pass the time. Today the symbolism is something it never was meant to be. Is tic tac toe still politically correct? The starting board could be symbolic of some hashtag thing.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:20 pm

I suppose your right 50 years ago it was just a game we played to pass the time. Today the symbolism is something it never was meant to be. Is tic tac toe still politically correct? The starting board could be symbolic of some hashtag thing.
Playing hangman is fine. Leaving a “hangman” in a black coworkers workspace anonymously is not. Ask your HR contact what they think. Playing hangman with a friend (black, white, blue or green) is not an issue. At least none that I am aware of. Leave a swastika in a Jewish co-workers workspace and report back.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm
"A way"?

Unless you want to use it yourself to commit suicide, what's the purpose other than some form of intimidation? I agree that it needn't be racist in 100% of instances, but it sure as heck isn't benign.

I've not been following this story closely enough...I understand that the rope was there earlier, with some sort of pull knot...but do they have proof that the knot was exactly the same last fall as the one we see now in pictures? Do they have a picture of it proving that to be the case? If so, we should wonder whether someone else was being intimidated. If it's not the exact same knot, then we're back to who re-did it and why.
This is so silly. The knot in the Oct 19 pic is a noose. It's in this thread. Find it & see for yourself.
A noose is a functional knot used for things other than hanging people.
Those are transient garages used by rotating teams which change every race. The teams don't own the garage. It's not their property to cut & shorten the rope. The race crews fashion a loop to fit their needs. Look at the video in this thread showing multiple garages, multiple loops at multiple heights. Nooses were also used to suspend ham hocks being cured in a smoke house. I leave it to TLD to find a race baiting video for that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm
"A way"?

This is so silly. The knot in the Oct 19 pic is a noose. It's in this thread. Find it & see for yourself.
A noose is a functional knot used for things other than hanging people.
Those are transient garages used by rotating teams which change every race. The teams don't own the garage. It's not their property to cut & shorten the rope. The race crews fashion a loop to fit their needs. Look at the video in this thread showing multiple garages, multiple loops at multiple heights.
Haven't seen any pics from the fall, just the current one which is definitely a noose, not a slip knot or a loop, a bowline, whatever. Very different purpose.

You'd have never used a noose in any naval activities would you, Salty?
It's a very specific purpose knot, I've never seen one tied for any other purpose than in a hanging situation.
Apparently no else has at NASCAR either, no surprise there.

As I said, if there are pics proving the exact same knot was in place back last fall, then great it had nothing to do with Bubba...do wonder what/who it was intended for back then, but Watson wouldn't have been the target.

That's why I asked.

EDIT: I just googled looking for a photo from October, didn't find anything. Reading the articles, the FBI says they have an 'original video' that shows it was there...but I don't see a photo, yet, one that shows exact same knot as opposed to simply another door pull with a loop, not noose. But sure sounds like the FBI found it...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “POLITICS”