Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm The NASCAR noose was a garage door pull rope that had been in that garage since last OCT. .:lol:.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/23/bubba-wa ... ay-nascar/

How many garage door pulls have you seen that look like this? A simple loop would have accomplished the purpose of raising the door - that's what 99% of the people in this country would have done to deal with the problem

IMHO they were correct to call the authorities - at that time they had no way of knowing how long it had been there and whether it was directed at them or not.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:46 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:37 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 pm Families of Aunt Jemima models object to the erasing of the brand/history:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3233423001 ... ssion=true
The family of Lillian Richard, a native of Hawkins, Texas, also spoke out against the rebranding decision.

Richard was the face of Aunt Jemima from 1925 to 1940, a Texas CBS station reported, noting signs into the town say “Home of Lillian Richard ‘Aunt Jemima.'" In 1995, the Texas Legislature passed a resolution declaring Hawkins as the "Pancake Capital of Texas."

“I wish we would take a breath and not just get rid of everything, because good or bad, it is our history,” Vera Harris, family historian for the Richard family, told KLTV. “Removing that wipes away a part of me. A part of each of us. We are proud of our cousin.”
Nuance - a lost art both here and across America :oops:
Child I “ain’t cha mama”
What say you about Vera Harris' perspective?
I can see how her family identity can be wrapped up in the notoriety that that affiliation brought. Unfortunately those images has done more harm for far more people than the good feeling it brings her family. The family can build a monument in her honor in their front yard if they want to.
Fer Pete's sake, we are talking about pancakes. I bet everybody probably ate Aunt Jemima pancakes when they were growing up. Some of us may have even put Land O Lakes butter on them. Maybe even used Log Cabin syrup. We all are a bunch of hate filled racists for eating those politically incorrect pancakes for all of those years when I was a kid. Who do I make the check out to first reparations? How much do I owe for the racist Indian women in the Land O Lakes box of butter? Log Cabin syrup... those white racist lumber Jack's that murdered all those trees just to build log cabins. Who can eat breakfast anymore without upsetting the sensitive nature of all the FLP snowflakes on thus forum. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm The NASCAR noose was a garage door pull rope that had been in that garage since last OCT. .:lol:.

How many garage door pulls have you seen that look like this?

IMHO they were correct to call the authorities - at that time they had no way of knowing how long it had been there and whether it was directed at them or not.
Like I said, Bubba is too sensitive. Everyone knows that’s a garage pull. All the garages at the track have that kind of a pull. How did they miss it all this time? Amazing.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 pm Families of Aunt Jemima models object to the erasing of the brand/history:

The family of Lillian Richard, a native of Hawkins, Texas, also spoke out against the rebranding decision.

Richard was the face of Aunt Jemima from 1925 to 1940, a Texas CBS station reported, noting signs into the town say “Home of Lillian Richard ‘Aunt Jemima.'" In 1995, the Texas Legislature passed a resolution declaring Hawkins as the "Pancake Capital of Texas."

“I wish we would take a breath and not just get rid of everything, because good or bad, it is our history,” Vera Harris, family historian for the Richard family, told KLTV. “Removing that wipes away a part of me. A part of each of us. We are proud of our cousin.”
IMHO, we wouldn't have this problem if we had made small, thoughtful changes over the decades. Instead, we held the cultural pendulum in place....leading to wild swings...
How do we then measure them, enough so, that it satisfies everyone? Not sure how that can, or ever will happen; meaning, what specific task(s), laws, monuments, etc will be the barometer that everything is now cool?

How can we make color transparent in our daily lives and yet be forced to measure it everywhere else, like every application to school, college, work, all forms of registration, general statistics, etc, etc. It seems unfathomable to find the end.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Like I said, Bubba is too sensitive. Everyone knows that’s a garage pull. All the garages at the track have that kind of a pull. How did they miss it all this time? Amazing.
Please reference where that image was found.....it looks photo-shopped. When I click on your image and search google, it references no literature.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:39 pm

IMHO, we wouldn't have this problem if we had made small, thoughtful changes over the decades. Instead, we held the cultural pendulum in place....leading to wild swings...
How do we then measure them, enough so, that it satisfies everyone? Not sure how that can, or ever will happen; meaning, what specific task(s), laws, monuments, etc will be the barometer that everything is now cool?

How can we make color transparent in our daily lives and yet be forced to measure it everywhere else, like every application to school, college, work, all forms of registration, general statistics, etc, etc. It seems unfathomable to find the end.

There’s no common ground, youth. Remember that as you compromise your way to oblivion.

The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Please reference where that image was found.....it looks photo-shopped. When I click on your image and search google, it references no literature.
Why are you asking me? I didn’t post the image.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 pm

There’s no common ground, youth. Remember that as you compromise your way to oblivion.

The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.
For instance....is this enough? H.R.7120 - George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Child I “ain’t cha mama”
I can see how her family identity can be wrapped up in the notoriety that that affiliation brought. Unfortunately those images has done more harm for far more people than the good feeling it brings her family. The family can build a monument in her honor in their front yard if they want to.
Fer Pete's sake, we are talking about pancakes. I bet everybody probably ate Aunt Jemima pancakes when they were growing up. Some of us may have even put Land O Lakes butter on them. Maybe even used Log Cabin syrup. We all are a bunch of hate filled racists for eating those politically incorrect pancakes for all of those years when I was a kid. Who do I make the check out to first reparations? How much do I owe for the racist Indian women in the Land O Lakes box of butter? Log Cabin syrup... those white racist lumber Jack's that murdered all those trees just to build log cabins. Who can eat breakfast anymore without upsetting the sensitive nature of all the FLP snowflakes on thus forum. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Just keeping all that replied in it engaged. You also commented on it as if it were fact..wouldn't you want to know if it were not.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Child I “ain’t cha mama”
… strawman much?? :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Just keeping all that replied in it engaged. You also commented on it as if it were fact..wouldn't you want to know if it were not.
You directed your query at me - the photo was released by NASCAR per PennLive/The Athletic racing reporter Jeff Gluck

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/06 ... ation.html

It is NOT photo-shopped.

Additionally, NASCAR president was also quoted as follows:

"NASCAR president Steve Phelps says he takes "full responsibility" for the wording being wrong. Felt a driver had been threatened and it was on NASCAR to react and investigate. Says to suggest Bubba Wallace was in any way involved is offensive.

If the noose was there since last October, why didn't anyone report it until now? NASCAR's Phelps says that's a problem. "Odds are someone saw it and didn't react negatively to it. We need to make sure that doesn't happen in the future. We need to do better as an industry.""
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Child I “ain’t cha mama”
… strawman much?? :roll:
You dont like pancakes??? They can make em PC for you if you like. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bubba's not too sensitive. Not at all. He did nothing wrong, nor did anyone on his staff.

Wallace wasn't the one who clamored to report the noose garage pull- a staff member saw it and said something to the crew chief who went to NASCAR. It was NASCAR president Steve Phelps who told Wallace about it.
On Sunday, June 21, members of Richard Petty Motorsports discovered a rope tied in the fashion of a noose in the garage stall assigned to the team at the Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. In accordance with established protocols, our team member notified the crew chief who notified NASCAR of the presence of the item in the garage stall. NASCAR leadership determined the course of action going forward with an immediate investigation into the item and its possible origins. In the early stages of the investigation, NASCAR's Steve Phelps notified Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr., of the information gathered and the presence of the item in the garage stall of his team.
With actuial pictures:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 246905001/

And Bubbba's since released this statement:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB04mNjDEcU ... _copy_link
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 am Peanut Butters is just being a fear merchant trying to whip up white resentment (like the good ole days) and he is being no more successful than his fearless leader. His defense is don't give an inch because "the other" will take it all. This has been the defense for his type forever and it has worked out so well for all concerned. He whines when the left reacts to his behavior.

Jefferson, Washington and Jesus are all safe, even with their imperfections. There are some like Key (who was a well known racist) that will require serious consideration - rightly so. Does the anthem itself sans third verse have to go? That is very far from clear. Of course some will argue it must go, but I am pretty certain a vast majority will argue otherwise. MDlax is 100% correct - public honorifics for traitors and racists (with no saving grace) - time is up. Such discussions are long past due.

So as not to confuse folks like Peanut Butters - I am a son of Virginia and the South. I am not even a little concerned that confederate soldiers, the confederacy itself, its leadership or the cause are going to be written out of history - the common repeated history will just become more factual - fact based. The south has been slowly, daily, rewriting history since the day after Appomattox. They have successfully taken traitors, losers, and turned them into heroes in the eyes of some.
jefferson didn't have a good last week.
googled "jefferson statue".
https://www.komu.com/news/faculty-group ... son-statue
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news ... aa787.html
https://patch.com/georgia/decatur/thoma ... ut-storage
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... chool.html
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/edu ... 1.46045690
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... l/2471910/
w&m isn't so sure after 2 attempts, to deface and pull down the statue:
http://flathatnews.com/2020/06/24/as-st ... on-statue/
op ed's are rolling in:
https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2020/0 ... o-letters/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/24/am ... jefferson/

maybe there are 200? 500? more? jefferson statues around. including at the memorial. maybe that's it, the rest are all safe if they're still standing. that would seem to be a hard left from the trend of recent days, but ya never know.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 pm

For instance....is this enough? H.R.7120 - George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020

Is it not obvious that a policeman should not use a knee to detain a suspect for more than a few seconds? Do we need laws for common sense?

I keep telling you that what the Left wants is not just confederate statues, or flags, or anthems, or even laws like this: they want to wreck America. There's no common ground with that. Read their policies and platforms, look to see where the momentum is inside their party. The Marcists are on the rise and there will be no stopping them.

Why won't they support Tim Scott's bill?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tim-scott ... e-politics
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:17 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 am Peanut Butters is just being a fear merchant trying to whip up white resentment (like the good ole days) and he is being no more successful than his fearless leader. His defense is don't give an inch because "the other" will take it all. This has been the defense for his type forever and it has worked out so well for all concerned. He whines when the left reacts to his behavior.

Jefferson, Washington and Jesus are all safe, even with their imperfections. There are some like Key (who was a well known racist) that will require serious consideration - rightly so. Does the anthem itself sans third verse have to go? That is very far from clear. Of course some will argue it must go, but I am pretty certain a vast majority will argue otherwise. MDlax is 100% correct - public honorifics for traitors and racists (with no saving grace) - time is up. Such discussions are long past due.

So as not to confuse folks like Peanut Butters - I am a son of Virginia and the South. I am not even a little concerned that confederate soldiers, the confederacy itself, its leadership or the cause are going to be written out of history - the common repeated history will just become more factual - fact based. The south has been slowly, daily, rewriting history since the day after Appomattox. They have successfully taken traitors, losers, and turned them into heroes in the eyes of some.
jefferson didn't have a good last week.
googled "jefferson statue".
https://www.komu.com/news/faculty-group ... son-statue
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news ... aa787.html
https://patch.com/georgia/decatur/thoma ... ut-storage
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... chool.html
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/edu ... 1.46045690
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... l/2471910/
w&m isn't so sure after 2 attempts, to deface and pull down the statue:
http://flathatnews.com/2020/06/24/as-st ... on-statue/
op ed's are rolling in:
https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2020/0 ... o-letters/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/24/am ... jefferson/

maybe there are 200? 500? more? jefferson statues around. including at the memorial. maybe that's it, the rest are all safe if they're still standing. that would seem to be a hard left from the trend of recent days, but ya never know.

They want way more than Jefferson. As if that was their goal. lol.

I am sure some of the resident Dems here have no clue what's happening to their party right now, and I feel sad for them because they are unaware. They will wake up in a few years and be forced to make excuses for aligning with a Marxist party. The Left is the Mob; the Mob is the Left. Democrats must align themselves with that.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Child I “ain’t cha mama”
Cradle - New knowledge is discovered every day and the record is often corrected quite soon after. As an example, it was acknowledged publicly some time after Magellan circumnavigated the globe in 1519 that the world was a sphere and not flat. In fact, the king of Spain issued him a Coat of Arms whose motto was Primus circumdedisti me (in Latin, "You went around me first").

So, it seems to me, that there is no issue with promptly correcting things that are subsequently discovered to be incorrect, wrong or insensitive at the time they are discovered to be so. In fact, the longer it takes to do so the worse the potential adverse reaction IMHO.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm All the garages at the track have that kind of a pull. How did they miss it all this time? Amazing.
Based on the FBI report, it is clear that the rope was there since October. It is also clear that the garage pull was fashioned as a noose.

What is not clear (to me anyway) is whether all or at least multiple garages at that track are fashioned as nooses.

If it is all of them - the whole thing is just dumb. And you really have to wonder why no-one said - "hey Bubba, all the pulls are nooses."

No one did, that means either everyone was in on it, or they are NOT all nooses.

If they aren't all nooses it leads to the question - Why was Bubba assigned that particular stall?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

HooDat wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm All the garages at the track have that kind of a pull. How did they miss it all this time? Amazing.
Based on the FBI report, it is clear that the rope was there since October. It is also clear that the garage pull was fashioned as a noose.

What is not clear (to me anyway) is whether all or at least multiple garages at that track are fashioned as nooses.

If it is all of them - the whole thing is just dumb. And you really have to wonder why no-one said - "hey Bubba, all the pulls are nooses."

No one did, that means either everyone was in on it, or they are NOT all nooses.

If they aren't all nooses it leads to the question - Why was Bubba assigned that particular stall?
The easiest reason is most likely:

The scheduler is a racist jerk, or it was a total chance event.

Given the NASCAR president' s response to this situation, If they haven't fired the scheduler, I'd bet on the latter.

Return to “POLITICS”