Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Matnum PI »

I have a pretty good idea of what BLM is about and a *big* piece of the puzzle is getting (white) Americans to stop saying, What? That? No, that's not racism. That's fine. You just need to thicken your skin a little...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm Biden's words were fine, your hurt feelings are unfortunate.
Tech, at some point, you should engage in some serious introspection and take an honest look at how you're reacting to BLM, etc. Across the board, in huge numbers, people are recognizing racist actions from the past and present. In the meantime, you're shrugging these actions off as "fine". You may want to consider that maybe these actions aren't fine at all and you have created an exceedingly low bar for what you believe to be racist and inappropriate.
can you provide a list of appropriate language to describes societal situations, matnum PI.

To warn.....to dare call me a racist is insanity.....nonsense....LOW BAR.

so, have to ask, which terms ARE ok, as to not offend?

dark jungle
foreboding jungle
thick jungle (redundant )
racial tension
racial hate (redundant)
Jungle Fever (Spike Lee )

racial & jungle.....like chlorine and amonia eh?

sorry, but it is YOU that has the low bar.....of tolerance and motives of people.

Also, if racism IS just black against white, correct? recently dated a woman that was racist, bigotted, etc. Typical boston POS. Worked on Hillaryous Clinton's campaign....glad for it. i AM SORRY.....you were saying something?

Black hate against hispanic is ok?

Hispanic hate against Koreans, no problem.

Hate is hate........what is BLM's end game? Love? Justice? for whom? The irish slaves of Barbados? (way back to Cromwell )

This is all about HUMAN ABUSE........

funny, I don't see rich blacks smashing appliance store windows.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

A star is born. Pretty in Pink. .:lol:. Quick private security.
https://www.facebook.com/wjlatv/videos/269688777683903/
The guy in the pink lingerie, charging Andrea Mitchell & E.H. Norton. That night in FNC video at barricades on H St/Laf Pk, he was riding around amongst the protesters on a segway motorized scooter, with a bright light & his loud speaker.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:43 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm Biden's words were fine, your hurt feelings are unfortunate.
Tech, at some point, you should engage in some serious introspection and take an honest look at how you're reacting to BLM, etc. Across the board, in huge numbers, people are recognizing racist actions from the past and present. In the meantime, you're shrugging these actions off as "fine". You may want to consider that maybe these actions aren't fine at all and you have created an exceedingly low bar for what you believe to be racist and inappropriate.
can you provide a list of appropriate language to describes societal situations, matnum PI.

To warn.....to dare call me a racist is insanity.....nonsense....LOW BAR.

so, have to ask, which terms ARE ok, as to not offend?

dark jungle
foreboding jungle
thick jungle (redundant )
racial tension
racial hate (redundant)
Jungle Fever (Spike Lee )

racial & jungle.....like chlorine and amonia eh?

sorry, but it is YOU that has the low bar.....of tolerance and motives of people.

Also, if racism IS just black against white, correct? recently dated a woman that was racist, bigotted, etc. Typical boston POS. Worked on Hillaryous Clinton's campaign....glad for it. i AM SORRY.....you were saying something?

Black hate against hispanic is ok?

Hispanic hate against Koreans, no problem.

Hate is hate........what is BLM's end game? Love? Justice? for whom? The irish slaves of Barbados? (way back to Cromwell )

This is all about HUMAN ABUSE........

funny, I don't see rich blacks smashing appliance store windows.

A very good post, and might I add, lucid too. Rich blacks aren’t smashing windows but rich trust fund whites are....now why round that be?....

Hate is hate and comes in all shades. The Dems care only about votes here. Don’t fool yourself.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 pm I have a pretty good idea of what BLM is about and a *big* piece of the puzzle is getting (white) Americans to stop saying, What? That? No, that's not racism. That's fine. You just need to thicken your skin a little...
Are you saying that George Llyod wouldn't have been murdered (he was) by a pig/policeman, if he had thicker skin ?

In other words, what the frigg does police breaking the law have to do with racism? Or, rather, the pos Mesa Arizona police department gladly taking back a murderer . The killing of Danial Shaver........should have had thicker skin.

Until people of other creeds respect the fact that.....oh, why bother.

arent' You are the guy that claimed the 69 page pandemic report was pure gold.....without evah having read it. :lol:

I think it's racist for blacks to call other black nigger. It's disgusting, no matter who sayz it.

Is Jessie Smollett STILL in the AfricanAmerican museums big screen, spinning his lie on the big screen coming back from the basement? Bizarro world
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:57 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 pm I have a pretty good idea of what BLM is about and a *big* piece of the puzzle is getting (white) Americans to stop saying, What? That? No, that's not racism. That's fine. You just need to thicken your skin a little...
Are you saying that George Llyod wouldn't have been murdered (he was) by a pig/policeman, if he had thicker skin ?

In other words, what the frigg does police breaking the law have to do with racism? Or, rather, the pos Mesa Arizona police department gladly taking back a murderer . The killing of Danial Shaver........should have had thicker skin.

arent' You are the guy that claimed the 69 page pandemic report was pure gold.....without evah having read it. :lol:

I think it's racist for blacks to call other black nigger. It's disgusting, no matter who sayz it.

Is Jessie Smollett STILL in the AfricanAmerican museums big screen, spinning his lie on the big screen coming back from the basement? Bizarro world
How you doing Willie Bennett? How you been? Must be nice living in Utopia. You know pal, what happened to you could have happened to anyone.... you enjoying summering in Western Mass? Does it get cool up there, Willie?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 pm

How you doing Willie Bennett? How you been? Must be nice living in Utopia. You know pal, what happened to you could have happened to anyone.... you enjoying summering in Western Mass? Does it get cool up there, Willie?
TLD supports the Mesa Police department .......TLD supports murderers. Good to know. Coupled with the statement, nay, acknowledgement, that you are still friends with "gentlemen" that had their "way" with woman. Forcibly, via, what was it, drugs? (alcohol IS a drug)

Otherwize, I don't know who willie bennett IS... is he the guy that got killed by the Alexandria, va police department. Still zero charges in that murder....even though cops that were there, witness, says the victim never lowered his hands/arms. As shown in the video.

until WE all acknowledge that ALL lives matter (yes, I get what BLM "thinks" it's doing ) ....nothing will change.

I mean, I think you, TLD, quoted a Cherokee story about two wolves.....interesting that a private HS, two Ivy degrees......chumps like mdlaxfan couldn't come up with ONE contribution to arts/science/literature that the indigenous people of the Americas , like the Cherokees , have contributed to the world.

the guys that screams, and often, about ONE ISSUE AT A TIME, we can't solve ALL the worlds problems..........introduces a name with zero attribution or clue as to the relevance. Is willie bennett the head of the Mesa Police Union? :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:24 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm Not all monuments are statues.

What the Data Say About Civil War Monuments
https://www.aier.org/article/what-the-d ... monuments/

"Clear racial overtones enter a second area of the Confederate memorialization debate, and do so in pronounced ways associated with later events of the civil rights movement. Specifically, if we take the subset of commemorations that consist of schools named after Confederate figures, a clear break emerges from naming patterns on the Union side. That break occurs around the 1954 Supreme Court decision of Brown v. Board of Education, ordering the desegregation of public schools.

As the chart below shows, schools named after Confederate figures were at best sporadic and infrequent for the first 90 years after the war. By contrast, Union-named schools happened at more or less a steady pace throughout this period. The pattern changed though in 1954 with a sudden and sharp spike in schools named after Confederate generals and politicians. This spike persisted for another 15 years, with at least 48 out of roughly 110 Confederate-named schools being built in this narrow period.

The post-1954 spike in Confederate-named schools suggests an unsettling political reality. During the aftermath of Brown v. Board, multiple southern state governments put forth an aggressive political resistance to court-ordered integration that persisted for roughly the same period.

In short, it appears that naming public schools after Confederate generals became another tool in the segregationists’ arsenal to politically signal this resistance and to further discourage African-American families from attempting to register at segregated all-white schools."

Oooops, Yale, you are canceled. CU88 won't abide by historical figures like Elihu Yale. Sorry.

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/cancel ... 79853.html

The latest big name to be contested is that of Yale University founder Elihu Yale who has not only been revealed to be a slave owner but also a slave trader,
You lost me, what does that have to do with the article I posted the link to?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm

TLD supports the Mesa Police department .......TLD supports murderers. Good to know. Coupled with the statement, nay, acknowledgement, that you are still friends with "gentlemen" that had their "way" with woman. Forcibly, via, what was it, drugs? (alcohol IS a drug)

Otherwize, I don't know who willie bennett IS... is he the guy that got killed by the Alexandria, va police department. Still zero charges in that murder....even though cops that were there, witness, says the victim never lowered his hands/arms. As shown in the video.

until WE all acknowledge that ALL lives matter (yes, I get what BLM "thinks" it's doing ) ....nothing will change.

I mean, I think you, TLD, quoted a Cherokee story about two wolves.....interesting that a private HS, two Ivy degrees......chumps like mdlaxfan couldn't come up with ONE contribution to arts/science/literature that the indigenous people of the Americas , like the Cherokees , have contributed to the world.

the guys that screams, and often, about ONE ISSUE AT A TIME, we can't solve ALL the worlds problems..........introduces a name with zero attribution or clue as to the relevance. Is willie bennett the head of the Mesa Police Union? :roll:
Are you the head Willie? I am glad you realize racism is the figment of people’s imaginations. All this racism talk is stupid. Good to see you back on your feet Willie. Oh, other than Obama, nobody is racist. Is he still selling bean pies out of Grove Hall?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:45 pm A star is born. Pretty in Pink. .:lol:. Quick private security.
https://www.facebook.com/wjlatv/videos/269688777683903/
The guy in the pink lingerie, charging Andrea Mitchell & E.H. Norton. That night in FNC video at barricades on H St/Laf Pk, he was riding around amongst the protesters on a segway motorized scooter, with a bright light & his loud speaker.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again.
Didn't Andrea Mitchell ask "where are the police when you need them"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:48 pm

Are you the head Willie? I am glad you realize racism is the figment of people’s imaginations. All this racism talk is stupid. Good to see you back on your feet Willie. Oh, other than Obama, nobody is racist. Is he still selling bean pies out of Grove Hall?
when everyone is "special" (ignored), no one IS (listened too )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmSO2cz2ozQ
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 pm

I used that when referencing youth sports many times. Good movie too....funny. Frozone was great wasn’t he!!

Look at the young Lawrence Fishburne.....not much has changed

Boyz in the Hood took some artist liberties.
Black folks always bellyaching. Glad you doing good Willie.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 pm

I used that when referencing youth sports many times. Good movie too....funny. Frozone was great wasn’t he!!

thanks for making my point......notice the Black pig shoots cornbread. In the back.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:14 pm

thanks for making my point......notice the Black pig shoots cornbread. In the back.
Your are delusional. Who said there are no bad black cops? Weren’t most of the cops that roughed up Freddy Gray black?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Your are delusional. Who said there are no bad black cops? Weren’t most of the cops that roughed up Freddy Gray black?
Very true. (delusional)

So, if a black cop had murdered George Lloyd, same riots would be happening?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Re: Doc trying to label things/people "racist" again

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 pm
admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 am Seriously, Administrator ... your forum is becoming an embarrassment. Will you please change the racist titles of Kramerica’s two threads?

DocBarrister
Kramerica, Doc is not wrong. The title seems to be speaking to one specific ethnic group and in a derogatory manner. You want to try and explain your "Racial Jungle" title? Refering to the Coronavirus as the Chinese Coronavirus has, at least, some subtlety to the insensitivity. But "Racial Jungle"? Kramerica, care to explain...
admin msg wrote: Asked you a question within your thread. Just want to give you a chance to explain before I change the title and issue a penalty.
Updated Thread Title: Race in America- Week 5: A “Racial Jungle” of Tension
Sure. I'm not sure why you threatened me with a penalty, though.

Doc's not right, either. He likes to threaten with calls of racism and occasionally "mention" that he's a lawyer to get his way...

I respectfully disagree about the title being "racist," but am open to other viewpoints and discussion about it...and willing to explain it for those who desire. If you Google the quote, it is how Joe Biden referred to racial integration. And these protests are certainly a "Racial Jungle" of tension these days, no?

On the topic of thread titles, there are a myriad of other thread titles here that change daily, weekly, etc, depending on what the thread author wishes to convey about a person or incident, etc. (elections, mueller, etc.). And those thread titles are often speculation based, partisan, offensive to me (and others), and certainly skewed by the author's political leaning or world viewpoint.

Yet allowed to stand.

I'm open to discussing the topic and not shutting down the free speech that you champion here at Fanlax.
if the sensitivity is over the word "jungle", i don't even ask why that's so offensive.

i do ask, where does this end. viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2024&p=156047&hili ... on#p156047

and as an example, let's look at the white men are terrorists subject.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Very true. (delusional)

So, if a black cop had murdered George Lloyd, same riots would be happening?
Yes
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.blackpast.org/african-ameri ... dent-1967/

You know anyone involved with this?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America- Week 5: A “Racial Jungle” of Tension

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:23 am Perhaps what you guys are confusing is that we all don't like speech with which we disagree.

That's true left, right, purple.

Indeed, what 'free speech' means is that we get to express that disagreement/dislike as vociferously as we want, without the government squashing us. And most importantly, we get to express our disagreement/dislike of what the government is doing.

What it does not mean is that because someone expresses an opinion with which we disagree, we must shut up and not disagree, or not use our own voices to compete as loudly as we'd like with the other's speech...indeed, just the opposite, we are free from government interference.

Authoritarians wish to use the power of government to say which speech is allowed, which is not.
Again, this is not left, right, or purple, much less R or D...it is authoritarian.

But free people seeking to diminish the speech, compete with the speech, of other free people has nothing to do with our Constitution. It's only when we get the government involved in doing so that we begin to involve those rights.

So, for instance boycotts of those whose speech we dislike is entirely fair game. So are counter protests.

Of course, our free speech rights have some limits, we can't cry fire, we can't threaten violence, etc and we have limitations on false advertising, libel, fraud etc.
You're off base here, IMO, of course. It never used to be that people could lose their jobs because their employers are threatened by an outrage mob or fear for their lives due to, god forbid, their exercised 1st Amendment rights. The authoritarian BS has always been with us and will always be because of our so-called free society, and rights under the C, that's nothing new.

What is new (relatively speaking) is the internet and social media which gives anyone, and every hateful a hole with a grudge, a platform and inflated/delusional sense of power. Ironically, they have that right. Like all good things, the internet is sadly abused by duplicitous and deranged actors.
"Fear for their lives" crosses an important line. Not remotely ok.
Losing revenue is a choice.

I have no issue with corporations being faced with making that choice, they created and profited from brands that no longer will be purchased by a very large segment of the population. They are free to keep the brand and lose revenue or they can choose to re-brand. Up to them.

I don't see that in the slightest as 'authoritarian'. It's capitalist free market driven.

Now, if the government was to step in and evaluate each brand for its 'offensive' undertones, ok, now we're into constitutional territory. Same was true for the government getting involved in which Hollywood writers could be employed in the '50's. Not ok. At all.

Yes, the new technology enables the spread of vile 'speech' faster than ever before...though I suspect the same was said of the printing press, radio, TV, etc. It goes way beyond speech. It galvanizes groups in large numbers and quickly. Those groups then act out, as we're seeing now, and use the internet as a tool to communicate/consolidate and recruit to their supposed causes. There are many lost souls out there they can now easily/quickly reach, it's cult-like. There have always been fringe groups and anarchists but they never had that ability in past.

IMO, we remain in a bit of a 'Wild West' period of the new technologies, with insufficient guard rails agreed upon that check the spread of the most vile stuff. For instance, we've previously agreed upon standards for fraudulent advertising that restrict or punish the worst of such, but we haven't figured out yet how to check the spread of vilest of misinformation, false speech, racist speech, etc...indeed these platforms actually accelerate the spread of the most inflammatory speech rather than the most truthful.

Can we figure this out better? Yes, I think so.
I certainly agree that the internet enables rapid spread of information and 'calls to action'. We saw this with ISIS' sophisticated usage, we see it with the right wing boogaloo boys now.

It's a bit of a conundrum, as the platforms enable causes for good to swiftly spread and mobilize as well.

Of course, this is not actually a new complaint about each step of information technology, the printing press literally 'changing everything' in the social dynamics of the prior 500 years.

It's a reality that cannot be avoided, so the question is how the technology can be shaped and managed such that the good far outweighs the bad.

Facebook's refusal to remove hate speech may well ultimately prove to be the death knell for that company, but their profits have been skyrocketing during this period of extremism and false information.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You knew this was coming (and it will happen, just a matter of time) the day Kap took a knee, said it at the time.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why ... 41108.html

Return to “POLITICS”