Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:02 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm Relevant, topical, and... Racist. That's why Biden is getting so much blow-back. Because it's racist. Your repeating this may or may not be racist but it most certainly is insensitive. Referring to the POTUS as the orange leader isn't nice but it's a far cry from Racial Jungle. Orange Duce speaks to one specific person, the POTUS. Racial Jungle is an insult to an entire race.
I never mentioned ANY race. Nor was that the intent.
You, Doc, TLD are the ones reading into this and really reaching (to 6 degrees association) to be offended.
If you're offended, (and the level of offense) is on you, not me.
But I think most of your ire with the thread title is but because Biden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.

I could read ‘racist jungle’ a billion times and never think what the left says they see (which many don’t; most of their whining is performative art meant to virtue signal others that they’re not racist, when most haven’t even dealt with a black person let alone given one a break in life; they’re so phony it hurts).

MAGA
Archie always got his comeuppance. Remember Sammy Davis giving him a kiss? George Jefferson also had a term for Archie... Honkey... :oops: ;)
Old George Jefferson was great!
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 pm But are you more or less hurt by the title thread after I explained the context of it? I'd hope less.
I'm not hurt. (But thank you for asking.) More bothered when i think of friends and family who for sure would be hurt by the title. there are things that you could type which would hurt. But that's not one of them. :)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm Relevant, topical, and... Racist. That's why Biden is getting so much blow-back. Because it's racist. Your repeating this may or may not be racist but it most certainly is insensitive. Referring to the POTUS as the orange leader isn't nice but it's a far cry from Racial Jungle. Orange Duce speaks to one specific person, the POTUS. Racial Jungle is an insult to an entire race.
You, Doc, TLD are the ones reading into this and really reaching (to 6 degrees association) to be offended.
But I think most of your ire with the thread title is but because Biden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.

I could read ‘racist jungle’ a billion times and never think what the left says they see (which many don’t; most of their whining is performative art meant to virtue signal others that they’re not racist, when most haven’t even dealt with a black person let alone given one a break in life; they’re so phony it hurts).

MAGA
Archie always got his comeuppance. Remember Sammy Davis giving him a kiss? George Jefferson also had a term for Archie... Honkey... :oops: ;)
He sure was. The Jefferson reruns are often on my TV around 10pm. They are as funny today as they were 40 years ago. He finally got a piece of the pie.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 pm

MAGA
He sure was. The Jefferson reruns are often on my TV around 10pm. They are as funny today as they were 40 years ago. He finally got a piece of the pie.
https://interracialrelationshipsmedia.w ... ereotypes/
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A bit of a tangent but those of us that are huge MASH fans will remember spearchucker. He disappeared as fast as Richie Cunninghams brother Chuck.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47 pmRacial Jungle is actually quite descriptive and creative.
So you're not bothered by Biden saying this? And people who are are being hyper-sensitive, etc.?
First please tell me how you believe Biden meant it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MAGA
:lol: Lionel was the best for comeuppance
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:42 pm hence the constant Democratic refrain here: 'I wish you were booted from this website'...
Maybe the people who are saying this aren't taking a political posture but are genuinely disgusted (and occasionally hurt) by what you type.

Maybe they need to grow a pair or actually exercise their brain for once? Crying to the mods every time they are hurt seems rather 'youthful'.

There's zero common ground with the Left; their interests are not mine. Their entire ethos today is to destroy America. They hide behind soft marketing and bullsh!t slogan-tested causes, but they don't care about the actual cause. They claim to be on the side of 'blacks' whatever that means, but you can guarantee they've never had interactions with blacks nor hired a black person nor given a black person a raise or a second chance at life.

They abhor self-reliance.

They hate American exceptionalism because they fundamentally don't believe in it. They can't even fathom what it meant for a country to be founded on the central premise that the individual had inalienable rights upon birth.

They revel in abortion.

They wink at destruction.

They are about the destruction of history, justice, and individualism because they themselves are weak. A weak person is only strong in a mob, so they are now the mob.

No common ground. I don't come on here to make nice with people who don't support America. Let me know when one of you publicly disdains the destruction of statues (I don't give a good godd@m if the statue is of Robert E Lee or Lenin; if you want to put a statue of Lenin up, I won't tear it down)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47 pmRacial Jungle is actually quite descriptive and creative.
So you're not bothered by Biden saying this? And people who are are being hyper-sensitive, etc.?
In the 1970s, then-Sen. Joe Biden was a vocal opponent of busing as a means for desegregating public schools. Joe expressed fear that desegregation, if not done in an “orderly” way, could result in his children growing up in “a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.” I think Joe was expressing fear about desegregation and used some unfortunate words to do this.
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 pm
In the 1970s, then-Sen. Joe Biden was a vocal opponent of busing as a means for desegregating public schools. Joe expressed fear that desegregation, if not done in an “orderly” way, could result in his children growing up in “a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.” I think Joe was expressing fear about desegregation and used some unfortunate words to do this.
Unfortunate words, perhaps. Was Biden was right or wrong in his assessment?

Given the actions of the past 5 weeks and counting, it seems he was Nostradamus about the tensions exploding part.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 pm
Biden's words were fine, your hurt feelings are unfortunate.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm

MAGA

Seems we grew up in similar era. Sadly, comedy has become a razors edge to delicately walk.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:38 pm

MAGA

Seems we grew up in similar era. Sadly, comedy has become a razors edge to delicately walk.
It was always offensive. People just took it. What were black people going to say?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:41 pm

MAGA

It was always offensive. People just took it. What were black people going to say?
Oh wait....are you saying we have made progress? That almost sounds like something positive coming from you. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Not all monuments are statues.

What the Data Say About Civil War Monuments
https://www.aier.org/article/what-the-d ... monuments/

"Clear racial overtones enter a second area of the Confederate memorialization debate, and do so in pronounced ways associated with later events of the civil rights movement. Specifically, if we take the subset of commemorations that consist of schools named after Confederate figures, a clear break emerges from naming patterns on the Union side. That break occurs around the 1954 Supreme Court decision of Brown v. Board of Education, ordering the desegregation of public schools.

As the chart below shows, schools named after Confederate figures were at best sporadic and infrequent for the first 90 years after the war. By contrast, Union-named schools happened at more or less a steady pace throughout this period. The pattern changed though in 1954 with a sudden and sharp spike in schools named after Confederate generals and politicians. This spike persisted for another 15 years, with at least 48 out of roughly 110 Confederate-named schools being built in this narrow period.

The post-1954 spike in Confederate-named schools suggests an unsettling political reality. During the aftermath of Brown v. Board, multiple southern state governments put forth an aggressive political resistance to court-ordered integration that persisted for roughly the same period.

In short, it appears that naming public schools after Confederate generals became another tool in the segregationists’ arsenal to politically signal this resistance and to further discourage African-American families from attempting to register at segregated all-white schools."
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:41 pm

MAGA

Oh wait....are you saying we have made progress? That almost sounds like something positive coming from you. ;)
Your brain may be polluted.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:06 pm Not all monuments are statues.

What the Data Say About Civil War Monuments
https://www.aier.org/article/what-the-d ... monuments/

"Clear racial overtones enter a second area of the Confederate memorialization debate, and do so in pronounced ways associated with later events of the civil rights movement. Specifically, if we take the subset of commemorations that consist of schools named after Confederate figures, a clear break emerges from naming patterns on the Union side. That break occurs around the 1954 Supreme Court decision of Brown v. Board of Education, ordering the desegregation of public schools.

As the chart below shows, schools named after Confederate figures were at best sporadic and infrequent for the first 90 years after the war. By contrast, Union-named schools happened at more or less a steady pace throughout this period. The pattern changed though in 1954 with a sudden and sharp spike in schools named after Confederate generals and politicians. This spike persisted for another 15 years, with at least 48 out of roughly 110 Confederate-named schools being built in this narrow period.

The post-1954 spike in Confederate-named schools suggests an unsettling political reality. During the aftermath of Brown v. Board, multiple southern state governments put forth an aggressive political resistance to court-ordered integration that persisted for roughly the same period.

In short, it appears that naming public schools after Confederate generals became another tool in the segregationists’ arsenal to politically signal this resistance and to further discourage African-American families from attempting to register at segregated all-white schools."

Oooops, Yale, you are canceled. CU88 won't abide by historical figures like Elihu Yale. Sorry.

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/cancel ... 79853.html

The latest big name to be contested is that of Yale University founder Elihu Yale who has not only been revealed to be a slave owner but also a slave trader,
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm Biden's words were fine, your hurt feelings are unfortunate.
Tech, at some point, you should engage in some serious introspection and take an honest look at how you're reacting to BLM, etc. Across the board, in huge numbers, people are recognizing racist actions from the past and present. In the meantime, you're shrugging these actions off as "fine". You may want to consider that maybe these actions aren't fine at all and you have created an exceedingly low bar for what you believe to be racist and inappropriate.
Caddy Day
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:07 pm Biden's words were fine, your hurt feelings are unfortunate.
Tech, at some point, you should engage in some serious introspection and take an honest look at how you're reacting to BLM, etc. Across the board, in huge numbers, people are recognizing racist actions from the past and present. In the meantime, you're shrugging these actions off as "fine". You may want to consider that maybe these actions aren't fine at all and you have created an exceedingly low bar for what you believe to be racist and inappropriate.
"low bar"... hmmm. Okay, thanks again!
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:44 pm

You should engage in some serious introspection why you refuse to understand what BLM is actually about and not what you hope it’s about.

Return to “POLITICS”