Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Doc trying to label things/people "racist" again

Post by kramerica.inc »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 am Seriously, Administrator ... your forum is becoming an embarrassment. Will you please change the racist titles of Kramerica’s two threads?

DocBarrister
Kramerica, Doc is not wrong. The title seems to be speaking to one specific ethnic group and in a derogatory manner. You want to try and explain your "Racial Jungle" title? Refering to the Coronavirus as the Chinese Coronavirus has, at least, some subtlety to the insensitivity. But "Racial Jungle"? Kramerica, care to explain...
admin msg wrote: Asked you a question within your thread. Just want to give you a chance to explain before I change the title and issue a penalty.
Updated Thread Title: Race in America- Week 5: A “Racial Jungle” of Tension
Sure. I'm not sure why you threatened me with a penalty, though.

Doc's not right, either. He likes to threaten with calls of racism and occasionally "mention" that he's a lawyer to get his way...

I respectfully disagree about the title being "racist," but am open to other viewpoints and discussion about it...and willing to explain it for those who desire. If you Google the quote, it is how Joe Biden referred to racial integration. And these protests are certainly a "Racial Jungle" of tension these days, no?

On the topic of thread titles, there are a myriad of other thread titles here that change daily, weekly, etc, depending on what the thread author wishes to convey about a person or incident, etc. (elections, mueller, etc.). And those thread titles are often speculation based, partisan, offensive to me (and others), and certainly skewed by the author's political leaning or world viewpoint.

Yet allowed to stand.

I'm open to discussing the topic and not shutting down the free speech that you champion here at Fanlax.
Matnum PI

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Matnum PI »

Did Joe Biden Say He Didn’t Want His Kids Growing Up in a ‘Racial Jungle’?
The 2020 Democratic presidential candidate's history with busing has haunted him on the campaign trail.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... gle-quote/

Biden said this in 1977. To give context to how long ago this was:

This happened this long ago and... It still haunts him. That's how inappropriate this statement is. Yet, somehow, it's an appropriate title for a thread? That makes no sense...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I think it's certainly relevant, and topical:

Biden's the nominee, the Quote has been all over the news, AND there is a myriad of crazy, RACIAL tensions and protests.

By definition:

Jungle:
-A place of ruthless struggle for survival
-An impenetrable thicket or tangled mass of vegetation

IMO, that's double dip of relevance.

And a precedent has been set here when it comes to accurate but offensive thread titles:

We have had the Orange Duce title for 4 years. We were told how creative the thread title was because it was accurate by definition (both those in the dictionary and slang versions of "duce") despite it being offensive to some here...
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:25 pm I think it's certainly relevant, and topical:

Biden's the nominee and there is a myriad of crazy, RACIAL tensions and protests.

By definition:

Jungle:

And a precedent has been set here when it comes to thread titles:

We have had the Orange Duce title for 4 years. We were told how creative the thread title was because it was accurate by definition (both those in the dictionary and slang versions of "duce") despite it being offensive to some here...
Jungle: a place where monkeys live.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:25 pm I think it's certainly relevant, and topical:

Biden's the nominee and there is a myriad of crazy, RACIAL tensions and protests.

By definition:

Jungle:

And a precedent has been set here when it comes to thread titles:

Jungle: a place where monkeys live.
I didn't mention any fauna. And think that's a reach.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Relevant, topical, and... Racist. That's why Biden is getting so much blow-back. Because it's racist. Your repeating this may or may not be racist but it most certainly is insensitive. Referring to the POTUS as the orange leader isn't nice but it's a far cry from Racial Jungle. Orange Duce speaks to one specific person, the POTUS. Racial Jungle is an insult to an entire race.

Using jungle, monkeys, etc. in the same context as blacks is, at best, insensitive. At worst, worse.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:31 pm Cradle, you have no issue with titling this thread "Racial Jungle"? And even if the title doesn't rub you the wrong way, you can't see how it could rub others?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Racial Jungle, IMO. Unfortunately, I do see how it could rub others in wrong way, given the hypersensitive, trigger-happy, senseless world we've created. People have way too much time on their hands and have become way too spoiled as they obsess and search for any chance to b!tch about nonsense like, whether or not Racial Jungle is appropriate or not.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Tech37, you lack empathy.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

“Jungle” Jitters. :lol: :lol: :lol: May be a reach for “Kram” but not black people because they jump high.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Wow. That's awful...
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm Relevant, topical, and... Racist. That's why Biden is getting so much blow-back. Because it's racist. Your repeating this may or may not be racist but it most certainly is insensitive. Referring to the POTUS as the orange leader isn't nice but it's a far cry from Racial Jungle. Orange Duce speaks to one specific person, the POTUS. Racial Jungle is an insult to an entire race.
I never mentioned ANY race. Nor was that the intent.
You, Doc, TLD are the ones reading into this and really reaching (to 6 degrees association) to be offended.
If you're offended, (and the level of offense) is on you, not me.
But I think most of your ire with the thread title is but because Biden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm Tech37, you lack empathy.
Thank you, and that is BS.

Racial Jungle is actually quite descriptive and creative. You can read most anything into anything you want. That title is light years from calling someone the Nword, which is and has always been, off the charts, offensive. Use your brain, be discerning... I'm sure Kram did not mean it the way you're taking it or think others (your sweeping empathy) might take it. Use some logic/common sense and don't keep feeding the PC, micro-aggression beast.

Additionally: Kram you beat me to it...
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 pm Wow. That's awful...
Yeah, it's also from about 60 years ago :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:49 pm
Agree that's awful and according to the Google machine- it was released over 80+ years ago - 1938
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Snowflake!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 pmBiden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.
Correct. Biden said something awful re: blacks. Yet your repeating it is not awful, is not referring to blacks? How is that possible?
Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Re: Yet another racist thread title?

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:15 am The Left hates free speech; once you grasp that, all else makes sense.

Peter, I think there's a huge swath of people in the arts who call themselves lefties who would adamantly disagree with you. Let alone a huge swath of people not in the arts who call themselves lefties.

Yup those are traditional liberals. Journos like Greenwald and Taibbi are like that. They’re no longer welcome in the Democratic Party.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47 pmRacial Jungle is actually quite descriptive and creative.
So you're not bothered by Biden saying this? And people who are are being hyper-sensitive, etc.?
Caddy Day
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm Relevant, topical, and... Racist. That's why Biden is getting so much blow-back. Because it's racist. Your repeating this may or may not be racist but it most certainly is insensitive. Referring to the POTUS as the orange leader isn't nice but it's a far cry from Racial Jungle. Orange Duce speaks to one specific person, the POTUS. Racial Jungle is an insult to an entire race.
I never mentioned ANY race. Nor was that the intent.
You, Doc, TLD are the ones reading into this and really reaching (to 6 degrees association) to be offended.
If you're offended, (and the level of offense) is on you, not me.
But I think most of your ire with the thread title is but because Biden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.

I could read ‘racist jungle’ a billion times and never think what the left says they see (which many don’t; most of their whining is performative art meant to virtue signal others that they’re not racist, when most haven’t even dealt with a black person let alone given one a break in life; they’re so phony it hurts).
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:46 pmBiden said something he's being called out on, and I repeated it.
Correct. Biden said something awful re: blacks. Yet your repeating it is not awful, is not referring to blacks? How is that possible?
Because of... Context!!! Joe was talking about AA busing. I was referring to ALL races, my own included, and the messy thicket we're all witnessing and (civilly) discussing right now.

Would you say it's accurate if someone said, "The US- It's a racial jungle out there?" I think it is. Offensive- possibly to some, probably not to others. Much like other thread titles around here.

Return to “POLITICS”