All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:41 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:08 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:15 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:28 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:13 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:41 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 pm Among people <70 years old, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.26% with a median of 0.05%." - John Ioannidis, Stanford
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20101253v2

Open up.
Texas had over 5,000 new cases today. The deaths from those cases will be seen in a few weeks.

Callous Republican morons are evidently not satisfied with over 122,000 dead Americans.

DocBarrister
Callous Democrat governors are responsible for 40% of those deaths by mandating infected seniors BACK INTO NURSING HOMES.

And now they're lying about the numbers.
I have been a consistent critic of Gov. Cuomo’s response to the pandemic. He acted too slowly to shut things down, and made some awful decisions.

Gov. Newsom caved to economic pressure in California.

Republican Texas is surging out of control.

And Gov. DeSantis basically blamed Florida’s surge on Hispanics, playing to the racism of his Republican base.

Plus, nothing changes the fact that a Republican president is running this entire #%*^ show. His failed Tulsa rally shows that even some of his deplorable supporters understand that Covid-19 doesn’t care if you’re Republican or Democrat ... it can kill you either way.

DocBarrister

Are you also a Stanford epidemiologist?

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/06/23/s ... peculated/

Ioannidis is what’s known as a meta-researcher, and he’s become one of the world’s foremost experts on the credibility of medical research.He and his team have shown, again and again, and in many different ways, that much of what biomedical researchers conclude in published studies—conclusions that doctors keep in mind when they prescribe antibiotics or blood-pressure medication, or when they advise us to consume more fibre or less meat, or when they recommend surgery for heart disease or back pain—is misleading, exaggerated, and often flat-out wrong.”
The picture that is emerging is that Covid-19 causes mortality at very high rates in older segments of the population and substantial morbidity (and some mortalities) in younger portions of the population.

Bottom line, this is the world’s most severe pandemic in over 100 years. The 122,000+ dead Americans and the many hundreds of thousands of scarred survivors are a testament to that fact.

Nearly half a million people around the world have died in just six months despite 21st-century medical care and the most extreme public health mitigation measures implemented in the past century.

Any attempt to downplay the deadliness and danger of Covid-19 is morally repugnant and a disservice to the public.

DocBarrister

So I guess you’re not a Stanford epidemiologist.

You sure do know how to tell folks they’re ‘racist’! Maybe you’re Al Sharpton’s lacrosse playing cousin?
So, I guess my public health degree from Harvard is chopped liver?

DocBarrister ;)

Does Harvard's Public Health Department teach students to call anyone with independent thoughts a "racist"? Seems to be your one and only characteristic.

Also, Harvard was funded with slave labor profits...surprised you associate yourself with that. I guess lucky for you Elijuh Yale was a an actual slave trader.

https://www.apmreports.org/episode/2017 ... led-legacy

Profits from slavery and related industries helped fund some of the most prestigious schools in the Northeast, including Harvard, Columbia, Princeton and Yale.
I only suggested you were racist because you wanted to re-legalize racial segregation.

Anyway, I consider myself a “Johns Hopkins Man”, with Johns Hopkins being a renowned 19th-century abolitionist.

DocBarrister 8-)

Rapper and Author, Zuby tweeted out, “White leftists in CHAZ/CHOP, Seattle protecting the border of a ‘colored only’ zone in the name of ‘anti-racism’. Because racial segregation is obviously progressive.”

https://www.tampafp.com/chop-in-seattle ... ated-zone/
wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:32 pm It just needs to be memorialized...
Q Mr. President, at that rally, when you said you asked your people to slow down testing, were you just kidding or do you have a plan to slow down testing?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t kid. Let me just tell you — let me make it clear: We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world, and we have the most of them.

By having more tests, we find more cases. We did 25-plus — 25 million tests. Think of that: 25 million. If you look at other countries, they did 1 million, 2 million, 3 million. Big countries. We did 25 million. Way more by double, triple, quadruple any other country. Therefore, with tests, we’re going to have more cases. By having more cases, it sounds bad, but actually what it is, is we’re finding people. Many of those people aren’t sick or very little. You know, they may be young people.

But what’s happened is, because of all of the cases that we find, we have a very low mortality rate, just about the best in the world. So that’s the advantage to the testing, along with other things. But just remember this: The reason we have more cases than other countries is because our testing is so much. Other countries —

Q So do you want to slow it down?

THE PRESIDENT: Other countries — listen: Other countries do very little testing by comparison. So we’re going to do, this year, right now — up until yesterday, I think they told me, we’re over 25 million tests. Other countries are at 2 million, 3 million.

Here’s what I say: Testing is a double-edged sword. In one way, it tells you you have cases. In another way, you find out where the cases are and you do a good job. We are doing a great job. We have never been credited for it. We’re doing the best testing job anywhere in the world. We’re doing the best ventilator job anywhere in the world. We’re now supplying ventilators to the entire world. Nobody else has done that. Nobody else — people don’t — countries don’t have ventilators. They call the United States. We’ve done a great job. We have not been given credit for it.
So he either really doesn't understand that what comes out of his mouth can be viewed as gibberish, unrelated, misleading and lie or he knows exactly what he is doing - or somewhere in-between. Regardless, there is no one person in government focus solely on CV19 and for that we are making mistakes we needn't have made and continue to make.
world covid cases - 9,284,079
world covid deaths - 476.993 = 5.13% case fatality
u.s. covid cases - 2,410,902
u.s. covid deaths - 123,266 = 5.11% case fatality

so many tests.
"But what’s happened is, because of all of the cases that we find, we have a very low mortality rate, just about the best in the world. So that’s the advantage to the testing, along with other things. But just remember this: The reason we have more cases than other countries is because our testing is so much. Other countries —"

i actually don't believe anyone could explain this to him and make him either understand or stop telling people what's not actually true. or maybe they explained it to him backward. yes, there are probably a number of countries whose numbers undershoot deaths by some factor, but there are also a number of countries whose test availability is or was less available than ours. either way, there's probably not a huge discrepancy, and we're certainly not just about the best in the world in case fatality.
and we're around #26 for tests per million, though quite a bunch of those are very small countries.

it is a little crazy to think he's heading up operation warp speed. who is in charge of space force?

these next several months -- especially around the opening of schools and potentially sports... will be interesting to see if the availability for massive testing is there. by supply or demand. if not, canceling about everything will be commonplace in lieu of treatment or the virus dying out.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:17 pm
Q Mr. President, at that rally, when you said you asked your people to slow down testing, were you just kidding or do you have a plan to slow down testing?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t kid. Let me just tell you — let me make it clear: We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world, and we have the most of them.

By having more tests, we find more cases. We did 25-plus — 25 million tests. Think of that: 25 million. If you look at other countries, they did 1 million, 2 million, 3 million. Big countries. We did 25 million. Way more by double, triple, quadruple any other country. Therefore, with tests, we’re going to have more cases. By having more cases, it sounds bad, but actually what it is, is we’re finding people. Many of those people aren’t sick or very little. You know, they may be young people.

But what’s happened is, because of all of the cases that we find, we have a very low mortality rate, just about the best in the world. So that’s the advantage to the testing, along with other things. But just remember this: The reason we have more cases than other countries is because our testing is so much. Other countries —

THE PRESIDENT: Other countries — listen: Other countries do very little testing by comparison. So we’re going to do, this year, right now — up until yesterday, I think they told me, we’re over 25 million tests. Other countries are at 2 million, 3 million.

Here’s what I say: Testing is a double-edged sword. In one way, it tells you you have cases. In another way, you find out where the cases are and you do a good job. We are doing a great job. We have never been credited for it. We’re doing the best testing job anywhere in the world. We’re doing the best ventilator job anywhere in the world. We’re now supplying ventilators to the entire world. Nobody else has done that. Nobody else — people don’t — countries don’t have ventilators. They call the United States. We’ve done a great job. We have not been given credit for it.
So he either really doesn't understand that what comes out of his mouth can be viewed as gibberish, unrelated, misleading and lie or he knows exactly what he is doing - or somewhere in-between. Regardless, there is no one person in government focus solely on CV19 and for that we are making mistakes we needn't have made and continue to make.
world covid cases - 9,284,079
world covid deaths - 476.993 = 5.13% case fatality
u.s. covid cases - 2,410,902
u.s. covid deaths - 123,266 = 5.11% case fatality

so many tests.
"But what’s happened is, because of all of the cases that we find, we have a very low mortality rate, just about the best in the world. So that’s the advantage to the testing, along with other things. But just remember this: The reason we have more cases than other countries is because our testing is so much. Other countries —"

i actually don't believe anyone could explain this to him and make him either understand or stop telling people what's not actually true. or maybe they explained it to him backward. yes, there are probably a number of countries whose numbers undershoot deaths by some factor, but there are also a number of countries whose test availability is or was less available than ours. either way, there's probably not a huge discrepancy, and we're certainly not just about the best in the world in case fatality.
and we're around #26 for tests per million, though quite a bunch of those are very small countries.

it is a little crazy to think he's heading up operation warp speed. who is in charge of space force?

these next several months -- especially around the opening of schools and potentially sports... will be interesting to see if the availability for massive testing is there. by supply or demand. if not, canceling about everything will be commonplace in lieu of treatment or the virus dying out.

It’s perfect!
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:09 pm
S-hole country.....

MAGA
:lol: … indeed.
We’re being lumped in with second-tier nations like Russia and Brazil who have also experienced a catastrophic failure in leadership in handling the pandemic.

Tragically, the 123,000+ dead Americans weren’t going to do much traveling anyway. :cry: :(

Thanks, Donald.

Thanks, GOP.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
DMac

Post by DMac »

Like everything else, when one is affected personally (unlike politicians who didn't send their children to Southeast Asia in 1969) you might look at things a little differently.
D-in-law works at a golf course in the summer, just reopened a little. Big pow wow with all the local judges and DAs in one of the closed rooms last night (she was working). One of them tested positive today, so now she has to go get tested. Probably should mention, her husband, my youngest, is a Type 1 diabetic. Good thing I've got knowledgeable people like Peter Brown coming on here telling me I've got nothing to be worried about, otherwise I might be. OPEN UP!! Nothing to see here, bunch of whinin' puszies afraid of their own shadows, nothing more than a big conspiracy led by the Dems.
I'm actually betting she's okay (sure is a long time to get results of the tests, not good for the head) but again, you just might look at things a little differently when personally affected. Thank God for Peter to keep our heads straight....horzezasz.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Pete's hero DeSantis is starting to get worried …
Florida bars and restaurants that violate the state’s social distancing guidelines now risk losing their liquor licenses.

That’s according to Gov. Ron DeSantis, who made the announcement at a news conference Tuesday in Orlando.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... s-or-else/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 pm Like everything else, when one is affected personally (unlike politicians who didn't send their children to Southeast Asia in 1969) you might look at things a little differently.
D-in-law works at a golf course in the summer, just reopened a little. Big pow wow with all the local judges and DAs in one of the closed rooms last night (she was working). One of them tested positive today, so now she has to go get tested. Probably should mention, her husband, my youngest, is a Type 1 diabetic. Good thing I've got knowledgeable people like Peter Brown coming on here telling me I've got nothing to be worried about, otherwise I might be. OPEN UP!! Nothing to see here, bunch of whinin' puszies afraid of their own shadows, nothing more than a big conspiracy led by the Dems.
I'm actually betting she's okay (sure is a long time to get results of the tests, not good for the head) but again, you just might look at things a little differently when personally affected. Thank God for Peter to keep our heads straight....horzezasz.
-- sorry to hear that
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 pm Like everything else, when one is affected personally (unlike politicians who didn't send their children to Southeast Asia in 1969) you might look at things a little differently.
Keep your fingers crossed. A friend and his two kids (college age) had it and they got through it. They were down a week and he was down two.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Texas claims they have at most 11 days worth of ICU availability. Primary Children's Hospital in Houston is going to begin servicing adults. Looks like Texas is going to have the New York State experience.

Looks like Florida isn't far behind and Arizona is rapidly becoming a dumpster fire. Trump will come to regret his Phoenix rally this evening with the magic ionization machine. I smell a con job. :lol: Apparently one of the megachurch worshippers' company sold it to the church.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

as i have said.
we were wholly unprepared.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Classic con-man gibberish. Keep spewing incomplete sentences with no logical conclusion, toss in some blame of others until they forgot what they asked him.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:54 pm
as i have said.
I wonder if it was not necessarily unprepared or more of a calculated risk in citizen control to avoid hysteria. We are creatures of habit and freak out when things are out of sync. Hell, when there is a full moon ER’s see more business.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Classic con-man gibberish. Keep spewing incomplete sentences with no logical conclusion, toss in some blame of others until they forgot what they asked him.
Typical Lax Dad

as i have said.
Yes. 124,000 dead so far and it is going to get worse.....Find a host and replicate.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 pm
as i have said.
Yes. 124,000 dead so far and it is going to get worse.....Find a host and replicate.

Sad that it is going to get worse. Meantime, the idiot-in-chief whose ineptitude killed twice as many Americans as those who died in Vietnam clings onto his delusional belief that Obama is to blame. You have to wonder just who is stupid enough to vote for a moron like him.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 pm
as i have said.

Sad that it is going to get worse. Meantime, the idiot-in-chief whose ineptitude killed twice as many Americans as those who died in Vietnam clings onto his delusional belief that Obama is to blame. You have to wonder just who is stupid enough to vote for a moron like him.
6ft
Peter Brown
Old Salt
Kram
Get it to X

I can go on...
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

New hope for the world! Born again delusional right wing church has new technology that will miraculously kill coronavirus germs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcGE9y ... =emb_title

Wonders! Wonders!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

There you go again proving how ignorant you are. Hospitals and many industries already use this technology, have seen this in critical settings, pricey, but works. Keeping eating Cheetos and drinking Mountain Dew.
~Livy

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

someone should do an observational study so we can know without context whether it works or not within the study's pre-determined results expectations.

then we can have public health experts jump on fanlax and tell us what they think after reading the headline. i'll learn so much.

Return to “POLITICS”