Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:22 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:36 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm i dont even see race. i think we are all the same; all equal. the human condition.

sure, our ancestors came from different places. for some, that was centuries ago. for others, recent. for some they themselves came from different places.

and those places are fluid. borders change; people move. it's a synthetic construct. heck take poland for example- it entirely shifted to the side.

and when you focus on the seams between such manmade concepts, you realize the absurdity of it all. grouping a people together based on a geographical division. or even pigmentation, surnames, dialects.

forget all that for a moment- we presumably all came from one part of the earth. when there were no borders other than natural. rendering borders meaningless (at some point, at least).

and even if that's wrong- all those lands were connected at some point anyway. sure hominids werent around at the time, but it again shines a light on the artificial boundaries.

not to mention- we here are mostly americans. and our founding charter says we are all equal.

if it were true that borders make people different- than how is it that people within a border can be so different. does the native amazonian have much in common with the coastal white portuguese brazilian? cross that border into peru and i bet the natives have more in common with amazonians than coastal brazilians.

and then you've got mixed ethnicity, emigration, and "self-identification". making this entire race thing an impossibility.

so i just don't see race. we are all the same- homo sapiens. and someone will disagree and say you don't get it. and that's fine.
+1
Jackasses hate this kind of rational thinking ...
:lol: :lol:
Aint that the truth.

Chairman, while I agree with your post across the board I'll say I do see race and I like the differences. You can't help but to notice what a person looks like and I find that interesting. I want to know about what kind of foods you eat at home (because if it sounds good, I want to try it/make it) and a little bit about your culture. Have mentioned before about growing up on military bases. Walking into a friend's house whose mother might be Japanese sure brings a whole lot of different smells, art, and sounds. I think it's very cool, can learn a lot form those kinds of experiences. Have said many times, I don't care what you are, I care who you are. I think it's okay to notice the difference(s).
great timing on this question.

as promised, i made a crab imperial tonight (hat tip, 72)

(and ardilla, correct, i made the dish, the creator made the decapod)

PS made it on the grill in a cast iron pan
Did you use Old Bay seasoning or make it from scratch? Wine accompaniment? A nice dry Italian white would be nice. Etna Bianco, Frascati, Soave, or Verdicchio? I have recently discovered Pecorino (like the cheese) - from Marche or Abbruzzo.
scratch (even ground up the allspice nutmeg cinnamon). paired with a NV cremant de bourgogne.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:22 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:36 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm i dont even see race. i think we are all the same; all equal. the human condition.

sure, our ancestors came from different places. for some, that was centuries ago. for others, recent. for some they themselves came from different places.

and those places are fluid. borders change; people move. it's a synthetic construct. heck take poland for example- it entirely shifted to the side.

and when you focus on the seams between such manmade concepts, you realize the absurdity of it all. grouping a people together based on a geographical division. or even pigmentation, surnames, dialects.

forget all that for a moment- we presumably all came from one part of the earth. when there were no borders other than natural. rendering borders meaningless (at some point, at least).

and even if that's wrong- all those lands were connected at some point anyway. sure hominids werent around at the time, but it again shines a light on the artificial boundaries.

not to mention- we here are mostly americans. and our founding charter says we are all equal.

if it were true that borders make people different- than how is it that people within a border can be so different. does the native amazonian have much in common with the coastal white portuguese brazilian? cross that border into peru and i bet the natives have more in common with amazonians than coastal brazilians.

and then you've got mixed ethnicity, emigration, and "self-identification". making this entire race thing an impossibility.

so i just don't see race. we are all the same- homo sapiens. and someone will disagree and say you don't get it. and that's fine.
+1
Jackasses hate this kind of rational thinking ...
:lol: :lol:
Aint that the truth.

Chairman, while I agree with your post across the board I'll say I do see race and I like the differences. You can't help but to notice what a person looks like and I find that interesting. I want to know about what kind of foods you eat at home (because if it sounds good, I want to try it/make it) and a little bit about your culture. Have mentioned before about growing up on military bases. Walking into a friend's house whose mother might be Japanese sure brings a whole lot of different smells, art, and sounds. I think it's very cool, can learn a lot form those kinds of experiences. Have said many times, I don't care what you are, I care who you are. I think it's okay to notice the difference(s).
great timing on this question.

as promised, i made a crab imperial tonight (hat tip, 72)

(and ardilla, correct, i made the dish, the creator made the decapod)

PS made it on the grill in a cast iron pan
Did you use Old Bay seasoning or make it from scratch? Wine accompaniment? A nice dry Italian white would be nice. Etna Bianco, Frascati, Soave, or Verdicchio? I have recently discovered Pecorino (like the cheese) - from Marche or Abbruzzo.
scratch (even ground up the allspice nutmeg cinnamon). paired with a NV cremant de bourgogne.
Bravo! Extra points if you included cardamom and mace...
Interesting Burgundian sparkling choice. Nice touch, chef. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wishing for an applause emoji
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm 'Black Lives Matter' mural covered up because Florissant (MO) doesn't allow painting on the street, PD says
https://www.kmov.com/news/black-lives-m ... d7bfb.html

They don’t seem sensitive to the issue. Hard to believe.
I agree a little empathy goes a long way. But do the police have to be sensitive? Especially when the BLM movement has them in the crosshairs and wants to "defund the police." Empathy for eachother is a great thing. But Americans are free to care/protest (or not care/protest) about whatever they want. Just because BLM has the support of many people, myself included, doesn't mean it has the support of all and can do whatever it wants.
I would be a huge supporter of the BLM movement if they had some more consistency in their message. Last week in Rochester NY there were 3 black men shot dead in random shootings. This morning on our local news one of the local ministers pointed this fact out. I can only paraphrase his message but IMO it was profound. Black people can't just focus on what the police do and simply ignore the fact that disturbing numbers of young black men are killing other black men. He said it better than anyone... ALL BLACK LIVES SHOULD MATTER.
Spot on C&S. I couldn't agree more with you and the good minister.

Also agree re cast iron skillets :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:14 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm 'Black Lives Matter' mural covered up because Florissant (MO) doesn't allow painting on the street, PD says

I agree a little empathy goes a long way. But do the police have to be sensitive? Especially when the BLM movement has them in the crosshairs and wants to "defund the police." Empathy for eachother is a great thing. But Americans are free to care/protest (or not care/protest) about whatever they want. Just because BLM has the support of many people, myself included, doesn't mean it has the support of all and can do whatever it wants.
I would be a huge supporter of the BLM movement if they had some more consistency in their message. Last week in Rochester NY there were 3 black men shot dead in random shootings. This morning on our local news one of the local ministers pointed this fact out. I can only paraphrase his message but IMO it was profound. Black people can't just focus on what the police do and simply ignore the fact that disturbing numbers of young black men are killing other black men. He said it better than anyone... ALL BLACK LIVES SHOULD MATTER.

Sorry to be the pest at the party, but you should be aware of BLM's full manifesto before supporting what you think is their agenda. It is quite a bit different than simply saying you believe there should be no racism; the manifesto is mostly a polemic against capitalism in favor of communism.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 am

Sorry to be the pest at the party, but you should be aware of BLM's full manifesto before supporting what you think is their agenda. It is quite a bit different than simply saying you believe there should be no racism; the manifesto is mostly a polemic against capitalism in favor of communism.
Thanks PB, not at all. "Huge supporter" isn't accurate in my case. I was referring primarily to BLM's stance regarding police brutality, and at same time, hypocritical silence regarding black-on-black crime. If they truly cared re all instances of brutality against blacks/minorities, and if the movement wasn't wholly political, IMO, they would be more assessable for objective consideration.

As far as your capitalism vs communism claim, of course I wouldn't agree.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:06 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:59 pm https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... rity-down/
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 pm bit of conflation with 'globalism' going on in that list, but the fundamental point is valid about the haves and have nots, the capital class and the working class.

Globalism and technology are forces that are pretty much an inevitable part of reality of the future, (unless you want to crush/stagnate the world's economy)...how they are managed to provide equity is another matter altogether.
you are naive or trying to make yourself feel better. Globalism is important to the powerful for one reason only - money. It is cheaper to "employ" Chinese/Vietnamese/Cambodian/Mexican/Costa Rican labor than it would be to house and feed slaves in the US. That is why globalism is "important". THAT is why the elite class will die on the hill of pushing globalism as their utopian fantasy.
Don't kid yourself that I don't actually understand that argument. :roll:

I just don't see those folks in other countries as less deserving of competing for work than their competitors in the US. And I'm in favor of international systems that enhance that possibility, not discourage it.

Now, if you want to discuss how we, as a nation, best serve our own citizens to win that competition, I'm all for such discussion.

But I don't see 'globalism', nor technology, as the enemy...they're inevitable realities that are far more beneficial than detrimental, in and of themselves. But like capitalism, they need rules and regulations, as, unfettered, they can, and indeed will, run amok.
When I use the term "globalism" I am referring to globalism as it exists in the real world. The breadth of modes of operation within the concept of international trade is very different and of course can have very good outcomes for everyone involved. It just is not reality - and I am of the thought that we should deal with reality. The world does not have to be a zero sum game - it is just treated that way by those who can most afford not to (and I mean by all those in power not just capitalists). Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Billion of dollars or million of lives at your command is effectively the equivalent of absolute power within our ability to conceive it.
We would benefit from emulating the safeguards that Germany & France have maintained for their manufacturing & ag sectors.
Nobody's accusing them of being anti-globalist.
It would be good if we could leverage NAFTA the way they have used the EU but we're too dependent upon Mexico's cheap labor, corruption & lower enviro standards.
emulate the "euroburghers", salty? :D

Seriously, the Germans, Swiss and some others have had a pretty darn good sense of the importance of excellence in manufacturing, combining world class engineering with well established apprenticeship skills training and development.

In thinking about ag, the key issue has been our embrace of factory farming with huge exports instead of focus on local sustainability. Less about protectionism, though that's a factor for the Europeans as a defense against our low cost, but way less fresh, delicious, nutritious, sustainable factory farming practices, but also a cultural appreciation of those elements of food. In part that's driven by the scale of America, with so much emphasis on shipping food across the country at all seasons, thus the necessity to engineer that food to stay salable over distance and time. And then, the emphasis on shelf stable processed food...

So, too globalism...nor technology, which is actually the biggest challenge to prior working class jobs.
Whattya know, we agree on something.

I'm all for limiting subsidies to big ag & diverting them to smaller farms & ranches.
The mass euthanasia of pigs we are now enduring is inexcusable.
I'm all for local farm to market when possible.
I grew up unloading in-season produce from local farmers' pickup trucks & preparing it for display & sale.
Candeling eggs & hanging sides of beef. Meat, poultry & produce was no less available or expensive.
Local farm communities were once vibrant & competetive. They could be again.

Technology & automation can't be used to rationalize the offshoring of manufacturing or resource extraction jobs.
That's all the more reason to adapt our workforce to retain the ones we have & can bring back.
That is protectionism......That’s not a free market. The American worker should be more competitive.
the American worker - who has to pay US housing costs, US transportation costs, etc... is supposed to be "more competitive" than the person (often a child worker) making $1 a day!?!??!

The only competitive advantage that that kind of globalism is tapping the the competitive advantage of de facto slavery in some foreign countries. Ever notice how the manufacturing centers move every generation? Is that because cambodia suddenly became relatively "better" at making stuff than Mexico or Tawain? - NO. It is because labor in the established manufacturing centers started expecting a decent wage - so time to move on to a country whose leadership has the stomach to sell out the exploitation of their workers.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:23 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:06 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:59 pm https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... rity-down/
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 pm bit of conflation with 'globalism' going on in that list, but the fundamental point is valid about the haves and have nots, the capital class and the working class.

Globalism and technology are forces that are pretty much an inevitable part of reality of the future, (unless you want to crush/stagnate the world's economy)...how they are managed to provide equity is another matter altogether.
you are naive or trying to make yourself feel better. Globalism is important to the powerful for one reason only - money. It is cheaper to "employ" Chinese/Vietnamese/Cambodian/Mexican/Costa Rican labor than it would be to house and feed slaves in the US. That is why globalism is "important". THAT is why the elite class will die on the hill of pushing globalism as their utopian fantasy.
Don't kid yourself that I don't actually understand that argument. :roll:

I just don't see those folks in other countries as less deserving of competing for work than their competitors in the US. And I'm in favor of international systems that enhance that possibility, not discourage it.

Now, if you want to discuss how we, as a nation, best serve our own citizens to win that competition, I'm all for such discussion.

But I don't see 'globalism', nor technology, as the enemy...they're inevitable realities that are far more beneficial than detrimental, in and of themselves. But like capitalism, they need rules and regulations, as, unfettered, they can, and indeed will, run amok.
When I use the term "globalism" I am referring to globalism as it exists in the real world. The breadth of modes of operation within the concept of international trade is very different and of course can have very good outcomes for everyone involved. It just is not reality - and I am of the thought that we should deal with reality. The world does not have to be a zero sum game - it is just treated that way by those who can most afford not to (and I mean by all those in power not just capitalists). Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Billion of dollars or million of lives at your command is effectively the equivalent of absolute power within our ability to conceive it.
We would benefit from emulating the safeguards that Germany & France have maintained for their manufacturing & ag sectors.
Nobody's accusing them of being anti-globalist.
It would be good if we could leverage NAFTA the way they have used the EU but we're too dependent upon Mexico's cheap labor, corruption & lower enviro standards.
emulate the "euroburghers", salty? :D

Seriously, the Germans, Swiss and some others have had a pretty darn good sense of the importance of excellence in manufacturing, combining world class engineering with well established apprenticeship skills training and development.

In thinking about ag, the key issue has been our embrace of factory farming with huge exports instead of focus on local sustainability. Less about protectionism, though that's a factor for the Europeans as a defense against our low cost, but way less fresh, delicious, nutritious, sustainable factory farming practices, but also a cultural appreciation of those elements of food. In part that's driven by the scale of America, with so much emphasis on shipping food across the country at all seasons, thus the necessity to engineer that food to stay salable over distance and time. And then, the emphasis on shelf stable processed food...

So, too globalism...nor technology, which is actually the biggest challenge to prior working class jobs.
Whattya know, we agree on something.

I'm all for limiting subsidies to big ag & diverting them to smaller farms & ranches.
The mass euthanasia of pigs we are now enduring is inexcusable.
I'm all for local farm to market when possible.
I grew up unloading in-season produce from local farmers' pickup trucks & preparing it for display & sale.
Candeling eggs & hanging sides of beef. Meat, poultry & produce was no less available or expensive.
Local farm communities were once vibrant & competetive. They could be again.

Technology & automation can't be used to rationalize the offshoring of manufacturing or resource extraction jobs.
That's all the more reason to adapt our workforce to retain the ones we have & can bring back.
That is protectionism......That’s not a free market. The American worker should be more competitive.
the American worker - who has to pay US housing costs, US transportation costs, etc... is supposed to be "more competitive" than the person (often a child worker) making $1 a day!?!??!

The only competitive advantage that that kind of globalism is tapping the the competitive advantage of de facto slavery in some foreign countries. Ever notice how the manufacturing centers move every generation? Is that because cambodia suddenly became relatively "better" at making stuff than Mexico or Tawain? - NO. It is because labor in the established manufacturing centers started expecting a decent wage - so time to move on to a country whose leadership has the stomach to sell out the exploitation of their workers.....
That was my argument back in 1990.....but “conservatives” thought I was crazy. As the standard of living increases and capital moves down the cheap labor supply chain.
“I wish you would!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am That was my argument back in 1990.....but “conservatives” thought I was crazy. As the standard of living increases and capital moves down the cheap labor supply chain.
yep because in 1990 the conservatives still thought they were the party of Wall Street. Clinton outmaneuvered them,

and now the GOP is the party of what exactly.....?

the party of "uh, hey we like Wall St too"...... :roll:

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:05 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am That was my argument back in 1990.....but “conservatives” thought I was crazy. As the standard of living increases and capital moves down the cheap labor supply chain.
yep because in 1990 the conservatives still thought they were the party of Wall Street. Clinton outmaneuvered them,

and now the GOP is the party of what exactly.....?

the party of "uh, hey we like Wall St too"...... :roll:

Weird you need to ask. It's the party of business. Wall Street is not 'business'. Wall Street can play footsie with the D's all day long so far as I am concerned.

But what the Republican Party is fast becoming is the Party of America. While Democrats tear down statues and tear up cities, there is a logical antidote to that chaos, and it's the Republican Party.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 am

Thanks PB, not at all. "Huge supporter" isn't accurate in my case. I was referring primarily to BLM's stance regarding police brutality, and at same time, hypocritical silence regarding black-on-black crime. If they truly cared re all instances of brutality against blacks/minorities....
That's not in their mission statement...and I have NO CLUE why that is so difficult to understand.

I'm struggling to understand why people keep pulling this absolutely absurd demand of one single solitary Non-Government-Organization. No other group gets this silly treatment.

Is the American Cancer Society loaded with hypocrites because they haven't lifted a finger to fix heart disease? Why not? Don't all hearts matter? :roll:

Old Salt works with a charity that helps dogs. What a hypocrite. He doesn't help endangered African elephants? Why not? Don't all animals matter? :roll:

I've been working with the local Children's Hospital. Boy, am I a hypocrite. Why don't I help ALL Hospitals? Why not? Don't all hospitals matter? :roll:

Just stop with this silly complaint. If you're worried about black on black crime? Great. Start your own organization to tackle it. Until then, evaluate BLM on its own stated goals, just like every other NGO/Charity. And yep, they're political....they have to be. Because otherwise, how do you propose they fix the problem of State sanctioned violence against the black community? They just helped pass a bill in Colorado last week. Peacefully, and lawfully. And the police supported the bill.

The bill, which is co-sponsored by every Democrat in the legislature, has gotten a surprising amount of support from police chiefs, prosecutors and sheriffs. One Fraternal Order of Police representative testified his organization is supporting the bill because “a culture change is needed.”

“This isn’t just about following policy, it’s about doing right,” said Sgt. Rob Pride, who also works at the Loveland Police Department, but is speaking on behalf of the Fraternal Order. “The community is up in arms and we get that and they have the right to be.”

https://www.cpr.org/2020/06/12/here-is- ... form-bill/
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:26 am But what the Republican Party is fast becoming is the Party of America. While Democrats tear down statues and tear up cities, there is a logical antidote to that chaos, and it's the Republican Party.
if you say so, but I don't see it.

I see the national GOP, as the party of large corporations and the war machine.

Based on talking points we get every once in a while, there appear to be some in and around the Trump administration that want to support "Main St" businesses and traditional social constructs, but Trump can't stop tweeting long enough to do anything about it.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:26 am But what the Republican Party is fast becoming is the Party of America. While Democrats tear down statues and tear up cities, there is a logical antidote to that chaos, and it's the Republican Party.
if you say so, but I don't see it.

I see the national GOP, as the party of large corporations and the war machine.

Based on talking points we get every once in a while, there appear to be some in and around the Trump administration that want to support "Main St" businesses and traditional social constructs, but Trump can't stop tweeting long enough to do anything about it.

I do not generally disagree with your post. It is again reasoned and informed.

And yes, would be a great day if someone would take over Trump's Twitter account.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

and on that topic - I just now came across this article. https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... have-been/

Have only started reading it, but it certainly seems relevant to the topic. Particularly with regard to how I believe the GOP is about to miss out on a tremendous opportunity to change the face of politics forever and for the better.

Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 pm and on that topic - I just now came across this article. https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... have-been/

Have only started reading it, but it certainly seems relevant to the topic. Particularly with regard to how I believe the GOP is about to miss out on a tremendous opportunity to change the face of politics forever and for the better.
Isn’t it funny how these blighted cities across the country have two things in common.... a high concentration of poor and black
people and no jobs. I wonder how that happened. But hey they can fall back on their 401Ks or boost their returns if legislation gets passed that will enable these folks to use their 401K money to invest in Private Equity.

Only in America can a $35.00 an hour job in 1995 become a $12.00 an hour job in 2015....but hey, they don’t need a union to think for them!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:17 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 pm and on that topic - I just now came across this article. https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... have-been/

Isn’t it funny how these blighted cities across the country have two things in common.... a high concentration of poor and black
people and no jobs. I wonder how that happened. But hey they can fall back on their 401Ks or boost their returns if legislation gets passed that will enable these folks to use their 401K money to invest in Private Equity.

Only in America can a $35.00 an hour job in 1995 become a $12.00 an hour job in 2015....but hey, they don’t need a union to think for them!
Be more specific please....what are you thinking happened?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Globalization, decimation of Unions, and ascension of the Corporate Dems selling out Unions and chasing big-bank and other corporate Donors.

This meant Laffer and Reagan got their dream of trickle down economics.

Add in the fact that businesses like mine pay 100% full freight on Federal and State taxes, while corporations pay diddly-*hit because the Dems signed on for this obscenely destructive tax breaks for Multinational corporations.....

Add in that we haven't kept up our infrastructure for the last 50 years, leading to a multitude of problems including gentrification, and a loss of America's once enormous infrastructure advantage over other 1st world nations....

Add in the lack of a workable immigration and work visa system.....

And finally, add in the DoJ completely ignoring anti-trust laws......

All are fixable. And yet Congress hasn't lifted a finger to fix any one of these things in at least 30 years.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:51 pm

It’s called a documentary. You can look it up and get a good explanation. There are good and bad aspects of unions....and there are good and bad unions. Some of the wealthiest people I know are unionized.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:18 pm

It’s called a documentary. You can look it up and get a good explanation. There are good and bad aspects of unions....and there are good and bad unions. Some of the wealthiest people I know are unionized.
I watched it and understood it. I did not understand why you inserted race in to your post.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:18 pm

I watched it and understood it. I did not understand why you inserted race in to your post.
Why not
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”