Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Kismet »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:36 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm i dont even see race. i think we are all the same; all equal. the human condition.

sure, our ancestors came from different places. for some, that was centuries ago. for others, recent. for some they themselves came from different places.

and those places are fluid. borders change; people move. it's a synthetic construct. heck take poland for example- it entirely shifted to the side.

and when you focus on the seams between such manmade concepts, you realize the absurdity of it all. grouping a people together based on a geographical division. or even pigmentation, surnames, dialects.

forget all that for a moment- we presumably all came from one part of the earth. when there were no borders other than natural. rendering borders meaningless (at some point, at least).

and even if that's wrong- all those lands were connected at some point anyway. sure hominids werent around at the time, but it again shines a light on the artificial boundaries.

not to mention- we here are mostly americans. and our founding charter says we are all equal.

if it were true that borders make people different- than how is it that people within a border can be so different. does the native amazonian have much in common with the coastal white portuguese brazilian? cross that border into peru and i bet the natives have more in common with amazonians than coastal brazilians.

and then you've got mixed ethnicity, emigration, and "self-identification". making this entire race thing an impossibility.

so i just don't see race. we are all the same- homo sapiens. and someone will disagree and say you don't get it. and that's fine.
+1
Jackasses hate this kind of rational thinking ...

thanks 72. :)

unfortunately at one point im sure i was the irrational jackass (likely more than one!). :oops:

the fact is, there's too many men, too many people. making too many problems. and not enough love to go around. we live in the land of confusion. 8-)
The Temptations have you covered - Ball of Confusion
The lyrics are prescient.....Congratulations

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:51 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:35 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 pm i dont even see race. i think we are all the same; all equal. the human condition.

sure, our ancestors came from different places. for some, that was centuries ago. for others, recent. for some they themselves came from different places.

and those places are fluid. borders change; people move. it's a synthetic construct. heck take poland for example- it entirely shifted to the side.

and when you focus on the seams between such manmade concepts, you realize the absurdity of it all. grouping a people together based on a geographical division. or even pigmentation, surnames, dialects.

forget all that for a moment- we presumably all came from one part of the earth. when there were no borders other than natural. rendering borders meaningless (at some point, at least).

and even if that's wrong- all those lands were connected at some point anyway. sure hominids werent around at the time, but it again shines a light on the artificial boundaries.

not to mention- we here are mostly americans. and our founding charter says we are all equal.

if it were true that borders make people different- than how is it that people within a border can be so different. does the native amazonian have much in common with the coastal white portuguese brazilian? cross that border into peru and i bet the natives have more in common with amazonians than coastal brazilians.

and then you've got mixed ethnicity, emigration, and "self-identification". making this entire race thing an impossibility.

so i just don't see race. we are all the same- homo sapiens. and someone will disagree and say you don't get it. and that's fine.
+1

thanks 72. :)

unfortunately at one point im sure i was the irrational jackass (likely more than one!). :oops:

the fact is, there's too many men, too many people. making too many problems. and not enough love to go around. we live in the land of confusion. 8-)
The Temptations have you covered - Ball of Confusion
The lyrics are prescient.....Congratulations

+1000. Thanks.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

+1
:lol: :lol:
Aint that the truth.

Chairman, while I agree with your post across the board I'll say I do see race and I like the differences. You can't help but to notice what a person looks like and I find that interesting. I want to know about what kind of foods you eat at home (because if it sounds good, I want to try it/make it) and a little bit about your culture. Have mentioned before about growing up on military bases. Walking into a friend's house whose mother might be Japanese sure brings a whole lot of different smells, art, and sounds. I think it's very cool, can learn a lot form those kinds of experiences. Have said many times, I don't care what you are, I care who you are. I think it's okay to notice the difference(s).
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Coupla interesting Democratic moves on statues today for those in the bleacher seats!

First in Baltimore, the local Dems defaced a statue of the father of the country, George Washington:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/b ... story.html

Second, our antsy Democratic Brownshirt brigade has decided that Teddy Roosevelt simply won’t do at NYC’s Museum of Natural History:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/21/teddy-roo ... l-history/

Just remember folks, your local Democratic constabulary here at Fanlax doesn’t care at all about this. If you want to know why, try to understand this message:

335B295D-8AD9-4885-9647-EA072BFB5148.png
335B295D-8AD9-4885-9647-EA072BFB5148.png (37.41 KiB) Viewed 1810 times

If you still think this party likes America (love is out of the question anymore), you might want to rethink your assumption.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think we get caught up in this 'I don't see race' terminology as too many of those are just hiding or excusing actual bigotry (not Chairman, I believe)...the reality is that a whole lot of people very much do 'see race', and very negatively, at great detriment to those with less power in that particular society.

That's a reality.

But the sentiment as expressed above is indeed genuine that we should not see race that way.

Now, recognizing and appreciating 'difference' is another matter...I believe that 'difference' can be a powerful force for good, and that we should embrace and learn from one another's culture, life experience, etc 'differences'...it makes for a far more interesting world!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 pm Coupla interesting Democratic moves on statues today for those in the bleacher seats!

First in Baltimore, the local Dems defaced a statue of the father of the country, George Washington:

Second, our antsy Democratic Brownshirt brigade has decided that Teddy Roosevelt simply won’t do at NYC’s Museum of Natural History:

Just remember folks, your local Democratic constabulary here at Fanlax doesn’t care at all about this. If you want to know why, try to understand this message:

If you still think this party likes America (love is out of the question anymore), you might want to rethink your assumption.
Democrats???

Orwellian projection again, PB?

Here's the Museum's own view: https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/addres ... elt-statue
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

'Black Lives Matter' mural covered up because Florissant (MO) doesn't allow painting on the street, PD says
https://www.kmov.com/news/black-lives-m ... d7bfb.html

They don’t seem sensitive to the issue. Hard to believe.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 pm Coupla interesting Democratic moves on statues today for those in the bleacher seats!

I would love to see the “voting record” of those “Dems”. Don’t they know they are just hurting the value of their 401Ks.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Democrats???

Orwellian projection again, PB?

Here's the Museum's own view: https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/addres ... elt-statue

We all know who is who here, MD. Stop pandering to your echo chamber birdbrains.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Who’s next up for Democrats to cancel?

632298BE-16B1-4D26-9608-0D8610DCBAB7.jpeg
632298BE-16B1-4D26-9608-0D8610DCBAB7.jpeg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think she is hiding from Trump so he doesn’t grab her by the you know what.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm

+1
Aint that the truth.

Chairman, while I agree with your post across the board I'll say I do see race and I like the differences. You can't help but to notice what a person looks like and I find that interesting. I want to know about what kind of foods you eat at home (because if it sounds good, I want to try it/make it) and a little bit about your culture. Have mentioned before about growing up on military bases. Walking into a friend's house whose mother might be Japanese sure brings a whole lot of different smells, art, and sounds. I think it's very cool, can learn a lot form those kinds of experiences. Have said many times, I don't care what you are, I care who you are. I think it's okay to notice the difference(s).
great timing on this question.

as promised, i made a crab imperial tonight (hat tip, 72)

(and ardilla, correct, i made the dish, the creator made the decapod)

PS made it on the grill in a cast iron pan
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:28 pm Where was that photo taken?

These were Hitlerian tRUMP's supporters at the Nazi rally in Charlottesville from a couple of years ago. So much hate from these traitors.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:22 pm

+1
Aint that the truth.

"PS made it on the grill in a cast iron pan"

I would be lost without my cast iron skillet. I get it blazing hot on my grill and give those Delmonicos about 1 minute on each side. The perfect rare steak. Most folks are afraid to break out the cast iron on a regular basis. Cast iron makes the best sauteed peppers and onions on the world to put on Italian sausage. The best thing about cooking in cast iron... easy cleanup, just wipe it out and put it away.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:22 pm

+1
Aint that the truth.

Did you use Old Bay seasoning or make it from scratch? Wine accompaniment? A nice dry Italian white would be nice. Etna Bianco, Frascati, Soave, or Verdicchio? I have recently discovered Pecorino (like the cheese) - from Marche or Abbruzzo.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm 'Black Lives Matter' mural covered up because Florissant (MO) doesn't allow painting on the street, PD says

I agree a little empathy goes a long way. But do the police have to be sensitive? Especially when the BLM movement has them in the crosshairs and wants to "defund the police." Empathy for eachother is a great thing. But Americans are free to care/protest (or not care/protest) about whatever they want. Just because BLM has the support of many people, myself included, doesn't mean it has the support of all and can do whatever it wants.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 pm 'Black Lives Matter' mural covered up because Florissant (MO) doesn't allow painting on the street, PD says

I agree a little empathy goes a long way. But do the police have to be sensitive? Especially when the BLM movement has them in the crosshairs and wants to "defund the police." Empathy for eachother is a great thing. But Americans are free to care/protest (or not care/protest) about whatever they want. Just because BLM has the support of many people, myself included, doesn't mean it has the support of all and can do whatever it wants.
I would be a huge supporter of the BLM movement if they had some more consistency in their message. Last week in Rochester NY there were 3 black men shot dead in random shootings. This morning on our local news one of the local ministers pointed this fact out. I can only paraphrase his message but IMO it was profound. Black people can't just focus on what the police do and simply ignore the fact that disturbing numbers of young black men are killing other black men. He said it better than anyone... ALL BLACK LIVES SHOULD MATTER.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 am

Obviously you are a racist.

(just in case you don’t get the sarcasm, please note I am being massive sarcastic).

Return to “POLITICS”