Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:20 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:28 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:01 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:09 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:53 am Are posters here telling us that cops have both the Right and Training to be both Judge AND Executioner?
… some clearly like it that way, certainly when it comes to people of color
How many is some? The vagueness of your post does little to bolster your argument. And of those that want to be executioner, how many only want to kill people of color? How many unjustified killings of black people were there? Without adjudicating Rayshard Brooks death, George Floyd is certainly the most recent example. If this were an epidemic, why haven't we seen massive unrest on a continual basis? Of the 9 unarmed black people killed in 2019 in police interactions about half involved physical confrontations and attempts to take an officers weapon and become an armed person.

Sure, we need better hiring and training practices, but let's not ignore what creates too many interactions. Remember, most of these interactions occur in cities with Democrats in control of the Mayor's Office, District Attorney and Chief of Police. I don't believe they are racists. They are just focusing on the wrong things and many times painting others as villains to deflect from their own failures. People of all colors, including whites, are more likely to live in poverty and have police interactions when there is no father present in the house, more so in urban settings where there is a presence of police in closer proximity to the population.

And yet what group want's to eliminate the "nuclear family" from the black community? I will give you three guesses but the first two don't count. This is from a tab on a website titled "What we believe":

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

Where does the word "father" appear?

… this old saw. A conservative church lady fantasy narrative (not so sure calling it conservative is fair any longer - I know actual conservatives who understand this if BS). Like no black (or white) kid who runs afoul of the law has a father. And of course this is all the fault of democrats. Have you ever talked to a black man about raising his children (more specifically SONS)? The challenges -- that you as a white man don't face!

The fact that lack of fathers is a problem DOES NOT mean it is the problem. I have personally spoken with enough of a sample of black fathers about raising their sons to feel pretty confident they have a special problem. It is called systematic racism. They know it when they see it, and they see it daily. Sure it is better than it used to be, but it does exist. It is real. Because you don't see (of course you don't - you are white) doesn't mean it does not exist.

To change the subject only a little -- put me in the class of white men who doesn't trust the police. My interactions - by the book - with them show them to have significant problems in interacting with citizens, the people they are supposed to serve and protect. I have been noticing this since the 80s. It is not new, and it is getting worse IMO. I am not talking about the call it 5% bad COPs - it is the entire force. I don't think I am the only white man who has lost trust and respect for these folks over the last 20 - 40 years. It is the system, it is broken, it must and will be fixed. It is more than just retraining - it will require them to see their job differently. A fan, above, puts his finger on how to see it differently. He is absolutely correct in his assessment of the Brooks incident (he is not the first - this discussion has been had many times). They need to stop thinking with their balls and start thinking with their brains. Needless confrontation is stupid and expensive. It is the system.

PS - if you don't think this is wrapped up in the question of gun control - think again.
There is racism and there will always be racism because there will always be stupid people. Systemic? I don't buy it. The societal penalty for being a real racist is too stiff and only those stupid people can't see it. Racism is a problem of the heart, not the intellect. Groups like skinheads and the KKK are marginalized by society. The only organized racism is your "paternalism" for treating black adults like your children.

Paternalism is the job of fathers!!! So let's do nothing about a problem that could be addressed without much financial investment, just educating all people on how to increase their chances of success. Feminists would likely go nuts about the "Patriarchy", which has only proven to improve lives for many centuries. So let's let a bunch of entitled third wave feminists and uncaring liberals dictate the fate of people they don't know any more than I do.
You need to spend some time talking to some black fathers about their experiences and those of their children. It would be time well spent.
A friend of mine that happens to be black was the global head of a bulge bracket trading group. X can talk to him. He is now the head of trading group at a firm with over 1 trillion in trading assets. He also has a kid at Goldman now. Another “black” that I know is about to become a prominent politician....he was on CNBC not long ago. Another is on the board of BoA and about 5-6 other publics. He ran M&A at RJR before he structured the sale. Two NESCAC kids have moved on to law and medical school.... Another guy I know did spots on 60 minutes. I can have X talk to these Dems that the government raised.....
Can't possibly be true. America is chock full of systemic racism. Blacks can't reach these levels of success.

Didn't you hear? Still back of the bus, segregated water fountains, redlined neighborhoods, voter suppression. Also, just to be clear, no black thinks for himself or herself. Monolithic.

Thank god Ralph Northam still has his job!

Signed,

The Democratic Mind
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:53 am Are posters here telling us that cops have both the Right and Training to be both Judge AND Executioner?
How many is some? The vagueness of your post does little to bolster your argument. And of those that want to be executioner, how many only want to kill people of color? How many unjustified killings of black people were there? Without adjudicating Rayshard Brooks death, George Floyd is certainly the most recent example. If this were an epidemic, why haven't we seen massive unrest on a continual basis? Of the 9 unarmed black people killed in 2019 in police interactions about half involved physical confrontations and attempts to take an officers weapon and become an armed person.

Sure, we need better hiring and training practices, but let's not ignore what creates too many interactions. Remember, most of these interactions occur in cities with Democrats in control of the Mayor's Office, District Attorney and Chief of Police. I don't believe they are racists. They are just focusing on the wrong things and many times painting others as villains to deflect from their own failures. People of all colors, including whites, are more likely to live in poverty and have police interactions when there is no father present in the house, more so in urban settings where there is a presence of police in closer proximity to the population.

And yet what group want's to eliminate the "nuclear family" from the black community? I will give you three guesses but the first two don't count. This is from a tab on a website titled "What we believe":

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

… this old saw. A conservative church lady fantasy narrative (not so sure calling it conservative is fair any longer - I know actual conservatives who understand this if BS). Like no black (or white) kid who runs afoul of the law has a father. And of course this is all the fault of democrats. Have you ever talked to a black man about raising his children (more specifically SONS)? The challenges -- that you as a white man don't face!

The fact that lack of fathers is a problem DOES NOT mean it is the problem. I have personally spoken with enough of a sample of black fathers about raising their sons to feel pretty confident they have a special problem. It is called systematic racism. They know it when they see it, and they see it daily. Sure it is better than it used to be, but it does exist. It is real. Because you don't see (of course you don't - you are white) doesn't mean it does not exist.

To change the subject only a little -- put me in the class of white men who doesn't trust the police. My interactions - by the book - with them show them to have significant problems in interacting with citizens, the people they are supposed to serve and protect. I have been noticing this since the 80s. It is not new, and it is getting worse IMO. I am not talking about the call it 5% bad COPs - it is the entire force. I don't think I am the only white man who has lost trust and respect for these folks over the last 20 - 40 years. It is the system, it is broken, it must and will be fixed. It is more than just retraining - it will require them to see their job differently. A fan, above, puts his finger on how to see it differently. He is absolutely correct in his assessment of the Brooks incident (he is not the first - this discussion has been had many times). They need to stop thinking with their balls and start thinking with their brains. Needless confrontation is stupid and expensive. It is the system.

PS - if you don't think this is wrapped up in the question of gun control - think again.
There is racism and there will always be racism because there will always be stupid people. Systemic? I don't buy it. The societal penalty for being a real racist is too stiff and only those stupid people can't see it. Racism is a problem of the heart, not the intellect. Groups like skinheads and the KKK are marginalized by society. The only organized racism is your "paternalism" for treating black adults like your children.

Paternalism is the job of fathers!!! So let's do nothing about a problem that could be addressed without much financial investment, just educating all people on how to increase their chances of success. Feminists would likely go nuts about the "Patriarchy", which has only proven to improve lives for many centuries. So let's let a bunch of entitled third wave feminists and uncaring liberals dictate the fate of people they don't know any more than I do.
You need to spend some time talking to some black fathers about their experiences and those of their children. It would be time well spent.
A friend of mine that happens to be black was the global head of a bulge bracket trading group. X can talk to him. He is now the head of trading group at a firm with over 1 trillion in trading assets. He also has a kid at Goldman now. Another “black” that I know is about to become a prominent politician....he was on CNBC not long ago. Another is on the board of BoA and about 5-6 other publics. He ran M&A at RJR before he structured the sale. Two NESCAC kids have moved on to law and medical school.... Another guy I know did spots on 60 minutes. I can have X talk to these Dems that the government raised.....
Can't possibly be true. America is chock full of systemic racism. Blacks can't reach these levels of success.

Didn't you hear? Still back of the bus, segregated water fountains, redlined neighborhoods, voter suppression. Also, just to be clear, no black thinks for himself or herself. Monolithic.

Signed,

The Democratic Mind
Genetically and morally inferior.....
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:08 am

Signed,

The Democratic Mind

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” When a political party or movement blames people for not supporting it, it has generally lost not just a campaign but a raison d'être. It suggests an entitlement to something that must be earned.

The Democratic Mind
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Growing up Black in Reno | David Gamble

https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/voice ... 187611001/
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tice/56535

Coach Tillman is a good dude. He was roommates with my best friend from college. I would not have expected anything less from him.
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

From someone with the perspective of a black man of God. As long as we're tearing down statues, maybe we should tear down the Democrat Party.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... rica-and-/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am From someone with the perspective of a black man of God. As long as we're tearing down statues, maybe we should tear down the Democrat Party.

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am yup, the reason this thread is Racism in America is that we have idiots who actually think BLM is against the "nuclear family".
I know you better than this. If by idiots you mean people just making stuff up, I'll give you the direct link to the page and please read the fourth paragraph from the bottom.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

It's like the old joke about the husband caught with his mistress--"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?".
I assume you mean this?

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Do you actually think this is the same thing as 'against' men and women married with kids?
Heck, do you actually have an issue with this statement above?

I don't and I'm quite pleased with having been raised in and having the benefit of an intact "nuclear family" and have been very, very fortunate to have had that experience as a spouse and father as well.

But forcing that specific structure as the only way to raise children successfully?
Can't sign up for that.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:20 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:09 am
I'm certainly not. In this case it seems the police were doing their job "by the book" having apprehended a person with a record, who proved to be DUI. Brooks is the one who escalated/set in motion the entire unfortunate altercation and conclusion. If a jury is convinced that the officer felt his life was threatened/endangered by Brooks, then again, wasn't the cop just doing his job? Isn't that the law?

Considering the politics and the fact Brooks was shot in back, makes acquittal unlikely. But I don't think this is an open and shut case for the prosecution either. Looking at it objectively, stuff doesn't add up especially considering the DA's heavy-handed list of charges.

Seems to me if the cops had just let him go, then they would have been playing "judge," but instead they did their job and arrested him (or attempted to), according to the law. As far as the shooting goes, obviously the cop will be considered "executioner" unless it is shown he acted within the law.

A lot of you guys are really looking at this in hindsight. As OS explained to a fan, the cops never expected Brooks to fight and run, and certainly not with a deadly weapon (taser is considered a "deadly weapon" in GA I believe). He caught them completely off guard with his schizo eruption. You can't somehow equate the cop's mindset before Brook's resisted arrest and after he assaulted them.

Here what the “book” says:

Use of Deadly Force
(CALEA 6th ed. Standard 4.2.1)
An employee may use deadly force to apprehend a suspected felon only when:

1. He or she reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury and when he or she reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or others; or

2. When there is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm (O.C.G.A. Section 17-4-20) and the employee reasonably believes that the suspect’s escape would create a continuing danger of serious physical harm to any person

You are wrong.
Maybe.

1. Brooks stole and attempted to use a taser

2. Brooks was DUI and could have caused harm if released (IMO, that was the cop's mindset before Brooks assaulted them)
That’s what Old Salt speculated. What do you think?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... utType=amp

I didn’t know we had a Mellon heir participating on this board!

“black people were “even more belligerent” after the expansion of social programs in the 1960s and 1970s and that Americans who rely on government assistance were “slaves of a new Master, Uncle Sam.””

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:08 am yup, the reason this thread is Racism in America is that we have idiots who actually think BLM is against the "nuclear family".
I know you better than this. If by idiots you mean people just making stuff up, I'll give you the direct link to the page and please read the fourth paragraph from the bottom.

It's like the old joke about the husband caught with his mistress--"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?".
I assume you mean this?

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Do you actually think this is the same thing as 'against' men and women married with kids?

I don't and I'm quite pleased with having been raised in and having the benefit of an intact "nuclear family" and have been very, very fortunate to have had that experience as a spouse and father as well.

But forcing that specific structure as the only way to raise children successfully?
Can't sign up for that.
It's one thing to be neutral, it's quite another to disrupt. Especially to a system that has proven to have tangible benefits. C'mon 76, nobody is looking at having anything like other societies with arranged marriages to "your kind only", which are prevalent in Islam, Greek Orthodox and most Asian cultures. Nobody is going to hold a gun to anybody's head. Do Black Father's Lives Matter to BLM?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:01 pm

I assume you mean this?

Can't sign up for that.
It's one thing to be neutral, it's quite another to disrupt. Especially to a system that has proven to have tangible benefits. C'mon 76, nobody is looking at having anything like other societies with arranged marriages to "your kind only", which are prevalent in Islam, Greek Orthodox and most Asian cultures. Nobody is going to hold a gun to anybody's head. Do Black Father's Lives Matter to BLM?
What does “parents” mean to you in that statement above?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Signed,

The Democratic Mind
TLD, painfully, these guys are not comprehending.

They actually think those folks you mention don't have to have the same conversations with their children. They think that because some folks have been very successful, there could not possibly be any friction specific to their skin color and how that is perceived by much of society.

Problem solved!
We've had a black POTUS and we have black millionaires...it's the rest of "them" who are "genetically and morally inferior", or it's really that 'the Democrats have been keeping the rest down on the planation'...

Law and Order!
Lock'em up. But why aren't the fathers around?
Nah, no systemic racism...

Senator Tim Scott stopped by police...what's the problem?
Just keep your hands on the wheel and say, yassuh sir.

Nope, no problem there.

sure, there are a few KKK and skinhead types, but they're 'marginalized'...

But hey, 'good people on both sides' and god forbid anyone take a knee in protest...fire that SOB and send in the troops
old salt

Post by old salt »

So what's your point ? It's better to not have black fathers at all ? Or there's no advantage in a 2 parent household if you're black ?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am From someone with the perspective of a black man of God. As long as we're tearing down statues, maybe we should tear down the Democrat Party.

hugo black was in the KKK?!?!?!? :shock:

no wonder he cleared the path for roosevelt to imprison people of color.

ohh i see. not those people of color.

tear it down!

wait don't- justice black said he's through with the KKK, left them. (did you catch a sorry in there, and regardless, is it now ok?)

tear this down!

wait dont, that's "art".

not joe biden's party, right?

who didnt say this: "well i said it, but that was a long time ago."
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 pm

Signed,

The Democratic Mind
TLD, painfully, these guys are not comprehending.

They actually think those folks you mention don't have to have the same conversations with their children. They think that because some folks have been very successful, there could not possibly be any friction specific to their skin color and how that is perceived by much of society.

Problem solved!
We've had a black POTUS and we have black millionaires...it's the rest of "them" who are "genetically and morally inferior", or it's really that 'the Democrats have been keeping the rest down on the planation'...

Law and Order!
Lock'em up. But why aren't the fathers around?
Nah, no systemic racism...

Senator Tim Scott stopped by police...what's the problem?
Just keep your hands on the wheel and say, yassuh sir.

Nope, no problem there.

sure, there are a few KKK and skinhead types, but they're 'marginalized'...

But hey, 'good people on both sides' and god forbid anyone take a knee in protest...fire that SOB and send in the troops
I wonder how my fellow posters go about hiring people. Get it to Mellon would only hire Asians as he said they are naturally more intelligent. He would hire blacks to dance and sing.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:20 pm

hugo black was in the KKK?!?!?!? :shock:

no wonder he cleared the path for roosevelt to imprison people of color.

ohh i see. not those people of color.

tear it down!

wait don't- justice black said he's through with the KKK, left them. (did you catch a sorry in there, and regardless, is it now ok?)

tear this down!

wait dont, that's "art".

not joe biden's party, right?

who didnt say this: "well i said it, but that was a long time ago."
Are you a proponent of housing discrimination?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm Why not? If you value equality, why not 10% flat for everyone and no IRS is necessary. We could train them to be social workers.

What is delusional is not recognizing one race is almost 8 times more likely to commit a homicide than the next highest race. Read the attached commentary. Everything he says is backed up by statistical analysis. And if you don't like the part about intelligence, remember, Asians are generally more intelligent than whites. Not specifically, generally.

Most of you libs fit the definition in the piece, basically saying that you would ask us to ignore the facts while you actually live them, by choosing to live in "safe" neighborhoods, with "good" schools. When you sell your house in Roland Park and move to Sandtown-Winchester, get back to me.

https://www.takimag.com/article/because ... e-are-bad/
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Signed,

The Democratic Mind
Be easy on yourself TLD. You are neither genetically or morally inferior. You only suffer from intellectual inferiority. We still love you for all of your defects of character none the less.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:56 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 pm Plus we know the depths of OS’ misogyny from his prior posts. Got double aces with a black AND female.
Tell your therapist all about it.
Go die a slow and painful death you POS
Fellas, chill...

Return to “POLITICS”