Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am The folks on the “left” have been at it for years...

And now the rest of the story

Margaret Sanger, the founder of the nation’s leading abortion supplier, Planned Parenthood, once said: “We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the negro population.” Perhaps not coincidently, nearly 80 percent of Planned Parenthoods are located in black and Hispanic communities today.

In 2016, it was reported that African American women are 3.5 times more likely to have an abortion than white women.
You mean they aren’t located in Bethesda, Bala Cynwyd, Grosse Pointe and Laguna Beach? I am shocked. Everyone knows black women are morally compromised. It’s an inferior species. Your buddy X pointed it out yesterday.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 am
I will admit this still cracks me up many moons later

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... =thefilter
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:45 am The folks on the “left” have been at it for years...

Margaret Sanger, the founder of the nation’s leading abortion supplier, Planned Parenthood, once said: “We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the negro population.” Perhaps not coincidently, nearly 80 percent of Planned Parenthoods are located in black and Hispanic communities today.

In 2016, it was reported that African American women are 3.5 times more likely to have an abortion than white women.
You mean they aren’t located in Bethesda, Bala Cynwyd, Grosse Pointe and Laguna Beach? I am shocked.
You do know that 80% is less than 100%
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:54 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:43 am Did you know America created slavery?

Too bad Hillary lost the election. We could have the man that advanced that idea yesterday as Vice President.

Joe Biden
Defund the Police
America created slavery.
Open borders
Green New Deal

All great for democrats in 2020.
Old senile Joe (who will get my vote) may have confused the concept of racism as we know it with slavery....he is losing his fastball but I would vote for a man hole cover if it opposes your guy.
I would say that the South created a particular nasty methodology of slavery as an institution, but not actually created slavery itself. And by killing the post civil war Reconstruction and building the Lost Cause mythology about the South the damage to the US as a country still continues.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 am
I will admit this still cracks me up many moons later

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... =thefilter
I don’t know how I missed that. It’s hysterical. Aunt Jemima walking out with those pancakes was brilliant.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A classic-“well our people ain’t exactly brimmin with pride from you flippin Pancakes!”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 am

You mean they aren’t located in Bethesda, Bala Cynwyd, Grosse Pointe and Laguna Beach? I am shocked.
You do know that 80% is less than 100%
I know .80 is greater than .80%. You mean 80% of them aren’t in those Affluent communities? Probably not enough black people there. You have already proven math isn’t your strong suit.
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 am Pepsico/Quaker Oats announce that Aunt Jemima, the syrup and pancake mix brand (created in 1889) will get a completely new name and image - they will discontinue their "updated" image completely - have to wonder what took them so long. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You should never eat fake sugar syrup regardless of your wokiness. Syrups like Aunt Jemima are fake, and really bad for you.

The only syrup that you should ever eat is pure maple syrup.
Is it OK with you if the maple syrup is imported from Canada??????? :lol: :lol:

I don't care where it comes from, but I will tell you some of the best pure maple syrup actually comes from Michigan and New York, not to mention Vermont of course.
Is "white bread" next? Just kidding. I have long wondered how Aunt Jemima was still a brand name. Did they realize they were insulting potential customers? What marketing genius thought that was a good idea?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

so the quaker dude is ok?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:13 am
njbill wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 pm ouch, I'd need to know more about these guys' hearts before wishing any "street justice once they are on the inside" for anyone.

Now, if I found that they spewed anger and hate and were unrepentant...then karma, she is indeed a b-tch.
I’ve seen all I need. Shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground is enough for me.

The only time it EVER would be justified to shove someone like that would be if they were coming at the cop with a gun. Cops are only permitted to use proportional force, that is, force that is reasonable under the circumstances. The force they used might’ve been reasonable if the victim were a 300 lb. NFL lineman. It is entirely unreasonable, and unlawful, to use that degree of force on someone like this guy who was peacefully protesting.

Falls often are deadly to the elderly. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that. I certainly hope this guy recovers, but I fear this event will end up being a bright line event in his physical and mental decline.
I quite agree that it was unjustified, part and parcel with the whole attitude, just would want to know more about whether they were repentant.
If the old geezer had not gotten into the cops grill it never would have happened. How did these cops know he was unarmed and posed no threat? The old geezer could have easily had a gun tucked in his belt behind his back. It would have been avoidable if the old geezer had not approached the cops. In the middle of a riot control clearing operation that is not the time to chit chat with officers. I don't feel bad for the old geezer. He picked a really, really, really bad time to try and make a political statement. I know my opinion is harsh and uncaring to most folks here. How many of you folks out there would ever get into a cops face for any reason. Getting into a cops face in that type of situation should be the last thing you ever do.
Yes, your opinion is harsh and uncaring.

Also based on assumptions that are made up to suit your narrative.

What “threat”? If the cops thought he was a threat, they would have frisked or searched him. Instead, they simply shoved him to the ground and walked right past him. If he was a threat, why did they turn their backs on him? Why did they allow his hands to remain free?

Could have had a gun? Please. That’s the excuse cops have used since time immemorial to justify their actions after the fact.

What “riot”? This was a peaceful protest.

The cops, not the protester, initiated the physical encounter. He walked up to them and stopped. Then one goon used his night stick to push him, in effect a horizontal stick check, while the other pushed him with his right hand.
Thank you for you reply NJ. i new that the usual suspects here would disagree with me.

"What “threat”? If the cops thought he was a threat, they would have frisked or searched him. Instead, they simply shoved him to the ground and walked right past him. If he was a threat, why did they turn their backs on him? Why did they allow his hands to remain free?"

I remember this happening just like it was yesterday. My nephew had been a beat cop on patrol for the Rochester Police Department for about a month. This was memorable be cause it was the first time as a family we had to go to RGH because he had been injured on the job. He just walked out of a convenient store on Hudson Ave. A harmless little old guy waves for him to come over. The harmless little old guy punches him in the face and breaks his beer bottle over his forehead. Memory serves me it was a broken nose, a fractured cheek bone and stiches for the cut on his forehead. Of course you are right NJ, those little old guys are completely harmless aren't they. :roll: I only wish that in YOUR WORLD at least once a week the people you interact with would treat you the very same way. Maybe one week it is a punch in the face. The next week it is a kick in your balls. The next week they bite you in your arm. How would you adapt to that challenge NJ?

You can't answer because you sit fat, dumb and happy in your little world of FLP happiness. Here is a suggestion for you. Why don't you give yourself an opportunity to spend some time in the trenches? your a jersey guy, you could easily volunteer for some ride-along time on the evening shift in Newark or Camden. You could use some your r legal beagle knowledge to help these officers understand how they could do their jobs better. If your REALLY lucky, maybe some old guy will punch you in the face and whack a beer bottle over your head. I bet it gives you a different perspective than where you sit today. That would be your little ass is sitting protected in the catbird seat while you pass judgement on all the other cops. When you are willing to put your own ass even for a day in the cops shoes, then maybe you earn the right to an opinion that is more knowledgeable than what oozes out of your lily white protected ass.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 am Pepsico/Quaker Oats announce that Aunt Jemima, the syrup and pancake mix brand (created in 1889) will get a completely new name and image - they will discontinue their "updated" image completely - have to wonder what took them so long. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You should never eat fake sugar syrup regardless of your wokiness. Syrups like Aunt Jemima are fake, and really bad for you.

The only syrup that you should ever eat is pure maple syrup.
Is it OK with you if the maple syrup is imported from Canada??????? :lol: :lol:

I don't care where it comes from, but I will tell you some of the best pure maple syrup actually comes from Michigan and New York, not to mention Vermont of course.
Is "white bread" next? Just kidding. I have long wondered how Aunt Jemima was still a brand name. Did they realize they were insulting potential customers? What marketing genius thought that was a good idea?
Please do not tell me famous Amos cookies are next on alter of FLP sacrifice for the sake of political correctness? What could be a worse symbol of racism than an elderly black guy riding on his bike selling cookies to predominately white people. FTR, I have no problem with Aunt Jemima going away. I even heard those folks at Land O Lakes have chit canned the Indian girl who use to be on the label of their butter. There still is a picture of the little Italian lady on the cans of Contadina tomato paste. Time for her ass to hit the showers as well. Off with all of their effing heads I say . :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 pm ouch, I'd need to know more about these guys' hearts before wishing any "street justice once they are on the inside" for anyone.

Now, if I found that they spewed anger and hate and were unrepentant...then karma, she is indeed a b-tch.

The only time it EVER would be justified to shove someone like that would be if they were coming at the cop with a gun. Cops are only permitted to use proportional force, that is, force that is reasonable under the circumstances. The force they used might’ve been reasonable if the victim were a 300 lb. NFL lineman. It is entirely unreasonable, and unlawful, to use that degree of force on someone like this guy who was peacefully protesting.

Falls often are deadly to the elderly. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that. I certainly hope this guy recovers, but I fear this event will end up being a bright line event in his physical and mental decline.
I quite agree that it was unjustified, part and parcel with the whole attitude, just would want to know more about whether they were repentant.
If the old geezer had not gotten into the cops grill it never would have happened. How did these cops know he was unarmed and posed no threat? The old geezer could have easily had a gun tucked in his belt behind his back. It would have been avoidable if the old geezer had not approached the cops. In the middle of a riot control clearing operation that is not the time to chit chat with officers. I don't feel bad for the old geezer. He picked a really, really, really bad time to try and make a political statement. I know my opinion is harsh and uncaring to most folks here. How many of you folks out there would ever get into a cops face for any reason. Getting into a cops face in that type of situation should be the last thing you ever do.

What “threat”? If the cops thought he was a threat, they would have frisked or searched him. Instead, they simply shoved him to the ground and walked right past him. If he was a threat, why did they turn their backs on him? Why did they allow his hands to remain free?

Could have had a gun? Please. That’s the excuse cops have used since time immemorial to justify their actions after the fact.

The cops, not the protester, initiated the physical encounter. He walked up to them and stopped. Then one goon used his night stick to push him, in effect a horizontal stick check, while the other pushed him with his right hand.
Thank you for you reply NJ. i new that the usual suspects here would disagree with me.

"What “threat”? If the cops thought he was a threat, they would have frisked or searched him. Instead, they simply shoved him to the ground and walked right past him. If he was a threat, why did they turn their backs on him? Why did they allow his hands to remain free?"

I remember this happening just like it was yesterday. My nephew had been a beat cop on patrol for the Rochester Police Department for about a month. This was memorable be cause it was the first time as a family we had to go to RGH because he had been injured on the job. He just walked out of a convenient store on Hudson Ave. A harmless little old guy waves for him to come over. The harmless little old guy punches him in the face and breaks his beer bottle over his forehead. Memory serves me it was a broken nose, a fractured cheek bone and stiches for the cut on his forehead. Of course you are right NJ, those little old guys are completely harmless aren't they. :roll: I only wish that in YOUR WORLD at least once a week the people you interact with would treat you the very same way. Maybe one week it is a punch in the face. The next week it is a kick in your balls. The next week they bite you in your arm. How would you adapt to that challenge NJ?

You can't answer because you sit fat, dumb and happy in your little world of FLP happiness. Here is a suggestion for you. Why don't you give yourself an opportunity to spend some time in the trenches? your a jersey guy, you could easily volunteer for some ride-along time on the evening shift in Newark or Camden. You could use some your r legal beagle knowledge to help these officers understand how they could do their jobs better. If your REALLY lucky, maybe some old guy will punch you in the face and whack a beer bottle over your head. I bet it gives you a different perspective than where you sit today. That would be your little ass is sitting protected in the catbird seat while you pass judgement on all the other cops. When you are willing to put your own ass even for a day in the cops shoes, then maybe you earn the right to an opinion that is more knowledgeable than what oozes out of your lily white protected ass.
Did your nephew find another line of work? What were his options?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:43 am

You seem to be using the term "old geezer" pejoratively...?

"riot control"...no, there wasn't actually a "riot" at that time.

There was a protest, yes, and there'd been a decision to move the crowd (forcefully), but protestors who themselves are not violent have every right to protest without being beaten with batons, knocked to the ground, gassed, etc.

Is a peaceful protestor risking bodily injury when they protest? Yes.
But should that risk come from the police? no

The command issue was the order to move the crowd forcefully. Of course, the "command" was likely to just move the line forward.
We've seen a whole bunch of video now of police going way, way beyond what is necessary to move protestors, really egregious actions taken with zero basis. This is an attitude problem, top to bottom, with some police being given license to act based on their emotions.

"riot control"...no, there wasn't actually a "riot" at that time.

At the time when this happened the officers had been ordered to clear the street. Riot or no riot that is when the operational order came into play. These officers were not privy to the why, they were ordered by higher ups to clear the street. I posted this yesterday MD, you may not have read it. I myself took a pretty good ass beating at the hands of the cops when I was a yute. I was just expressing my opinion of the situation I was in. I had done nothing criminal at all. The 2 cops took me in the back of the patrol car and tag teamed me for a few minutes. They then took me home, explained the situation to my dad and what I had said. After the cops left my dad gave me another ass beating for being disrespectful to the police. What I learned was like the cops or hate the cops, don't get into their grill. I have spent a lifetime since then being a bobblehead saying yes sir, no sir, yes sir. There is no way in hell given that same situation I go anywhere near the cops with the full riot gear and batons. I am the guy leading the charge in the other direction. I know every swinging Richard here is appalled at what the cops in Buffalo did. I am the lone wolf here, my personal experience from long ago has always instinctively told me to always stay as far away from the police as is possible. Given the situation at the time, I have watched the video of this old guy heading TOWARDS the cops and every time I see it i think to myself... WHAT THE EFF WERE YOU THINKING?
well, cradle, what you describe is exactly what's long been wrong with policing.

Time's up.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:38 pm Thank you for you reply NJ. i new that the usual suspects here would disagree with me.

Maybe your nephew should have just shot the guy first. You know, shoot first, ask questions later.

Comes with the job. If you can’t take it, quit.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:38 pm Thank you for you reply NJ. i new that the usual suspects here would disagree with me.

Maybe your nephew should have just shot the guy first. You know, shoot first, ask questions later.

Whoopsie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Did your nephew find another line of work? What were his options?
My nephew lasted 5 years on the job. He started out as a good cop who wanted to help people. He wound up as a suicidal basket case who mentally was unfit to serve in the capacity of a police officer. I suppose many, many trips to the ER for being attacked numerous times and having almost been shot in the head by a bad guy that got his gun in a physical struggle may have taken its toll. He lives in Seattle now, works on a fishing boat, smokes alot of weed and hopes every day he can suppress the anxiety that still makes him want to blow his brains out. Except for those little problems he has to overcome he is doing just fine.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:24 am (omitted stuff)

Gugino couldn't be fakin' it,m could he?

https://twitter.com/TheLastRefuge2/stat ... 47904?s=20

Above is a link to a picture someone took in the hospital (probably violating both hospital policy and HIPAA) purporting to be Gugino talking on a phone sitting up in bed.

:lol: Oh the irony. You say nothing re the plethora of laws being broken by the outrage mob and yet you're all upset about HIPAA! Do you do standup on the side Red?
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks for your kind thoughts NJ. My nephew had to quit because he was a suicidal basket case. When he was not trying to drink himself to death he tried to eat his handgun a couple of times. His fellow officers talked him out of it. He is doing great now, lives in Seattle, works on a fishing boat the last I knew. He smokes a lot of weed, he loves his 2 dogs and as far as I know he has not tried to blow his brains out in a few years. Thanks for your kind thoughts and go F**K yourself you jerk. :evil:
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Your nephew realized he wasn’t cut out for the job and quit. Good for him. Not everyone is. No shame in that.

More cops should come to the same realization and quit.

You, too. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Return to “POLITICS”