Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 am First time I've seen that video and I sure don't see how the cops could have been any nicer or more patient with this guy than they were. What are they supposed to do when the guy turns violent on them? You can't see what happens once the guy turns violent, so how do you know what the cops should have done? This guy was had and needed to be taken fom behind the wheel of that car. Had he just said yeah, I'm all phukked up and cooperated with these two cops who had treated him fairly, none of this happens.
The police are not allowed to shoot people in the back. His training should have kicked in. The first cop should not be punished. The cop that came on and shot the guy should be fired. It’s odd how being drunk excuses a lot of things but not this when the guy was clearly drunk and not thinking straight.
I agree, but why stop at firing this killer. Shooter needs to be charged with murder and do his time for the crime.

Guy so drunk he falls asleep in car at fast food checkout lane. Runs away and the only action for the police is to shoot him in the back multiple times.

Why not holster the firearm and be something like a "detective" and track him down later? Maybe police are too dumb to look at his car for registration?
Exactly. Losing your temper is an excuse to shoot a drunk guy running away in the back. The cops has his license, registration and car. There was a guy that robbed a bank on Long Island. He left his ID. The cops where standing in his garage when he opened the garage door.
That is all about training and temperament TLD. Your point is spot on. The problem is these cops are only human. They have not been trained properly to handle the situation. A suspect starts fighting with them and they get scared and lose track of their emotions. There is no rational explanation for this cop having to shoot this man. Until you have been there and been trained how to deal with the situation your response is out of fear and not what you were trained to do. IMO a cop only shoots when his life or the lives of innocent people are in danger. The answer IMO is training, training and more training and not accepting those officers who fail the training. If any officer can not meet the standards, they should not be out on the street. That is not their fault. That is what the job requires.
Why don’t they have these problems in England? The humans are different human species?
Different breed of criminal in England. Your comparing apples to oranges. A nice try at spinning. Maybe we need to bring some bobbies over and show our cops how it is done? Maybe the bobbies have methods our cops should be using? Maybe we should bring a bunch of bobbies in to patrol Chicago for a few weekends and see how they do? We are not talking about different humans species, we are talking about a different brand of criminal. Maybe the whole bloody bunch can come together over fish and chips? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 am First time I've seen that video and I sure don't see how the cops could have been any nicer or more patient with this guy than they were. What are they supposed to do when the guy turns violent on them? You can't see what happens once the guy turns violent, so how do you know what the cops should have done? This guy was had and needed to be taken fom behind the wheel of that car. Had he just said yeah, I'm all phukked up and cooperated with these two cops who had treated him fairly, none of this happens.
The police are not allowed to shoot people in the back. His training should have kicked in. The first cop should not be punished. The cop that came on and shot the guy should be fired. It’s odd how being drunk excuses a lot of things but not this when the guy was clearly drunk and not thinking straight.
And drunk drivers are not allowed to drive on the road. Who kills more people TLD, cops or drunk drivers? Maybe what these cops need is a shepherds hook. You open the door, hook em and drag their ass out of the car. Then you taze em, roll em and cuff em. The cops are in a no win situation. No matter what response they choose it will never be the right one. When any suspect becomes combative and violent, the games changes. How many of you folks out there in fan lax world think you could have done a better job? Raise your hands and be counted? Tell us all how you would have handled it. I have my own opinion. I would have tailed the guy and let him run until he fell over and passed out. Was he a direct threat to the lives of these officers? I doubt it very much. Did they have to shoot him, I don't think so, they had better options. If they had better training and situational awareness they would have known that. The problem so soon forgotten is how the police should respond once the suspect becomes violent and combative. They do not have a whole lot of resources available to them. What should be done is use the technology we have available today to develop the best non lethal restraining devises that we can find.
He was driving when he was shot in the back?

This police officer is well trained:
Nooooooo, that is not the point. He was drunk and could have easily came to and drove off. You tell me the best method for getting a drunk and belligerent and combative suspect from behind the wheel of a car? Go ahead sport, I am all ears, I wanna hear how TLD makes that happen. There is no disagreement between us that the cop should not have shot him. If you don't know how the cops could have safely got him out of that car, then what you have were scared cops who were not trained properly to handle the situation. Is that not the point of this conversation? This is just my opinion. We have too many cops that are not trained well enough and are just flat out scared of doing their job. That is a terrible combination and we are seeing how that plays out every day. I am not talking about that POS cop in Minny. I am talking about too many cops that just have not been trained well enough in the use of force and restraint to be patrolling the streets.
Did someone say the police should not have been called? I remember my first train ride into NYC after my son was born. I was dead tired from being up all night. I took the train in. The conductor finally woke me up. The train was empty. He said he had been trying to wake me up and they finally called the police. I left before they arrived. I was exhausted. Anyway, the police could have follow led the guy until he conked out. I am sure someone will say “ what if he killed had someone after he ran”....you know because that’s what black people do.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am
I agree, but why stop at firing this killer. Shooter needs to be charged with murder and do his time for the crime.

Guy so drunk he falls asleep in car at fast food checkout lane. Runs away and the only action for the police is to shoot him in the back multiple times.

Why not holster the firearm and be something like a "detective" and track him down later? Maybe police are too dumb to look at his car for registration?
Exactly. Losing your temper is an excuse to shoot a drunk guy running away in the back. The cops has his license, registration and car. There was a guy that robbed a bank on Long Island. He left his ID. The cops where standing in his garage when he opened the garage door.
That is all about training and temperament TLD. Your point is spot on. The problem is these cops are only human. They have not been trained properly to handle the situation. A suspect starts fighting with them and they get scared and lose track of their emotions. There is no rational explanation for this cop having to shoot this man. Until you have been there and been trained how to deal with the situation your response is out of fear and not what you were trained to do. IMO a cop only shoots when his life or the lives of innocent people are in danger. The answer IMO is training, training and more training and not accepting those officers who fail the training. If any officer can not meet the standards, they should not be out on the street. That is not their fault. That is what the job requires.
Why don’t they have these problems in England? The humans are different human species?
Different breed of criminal in England. Your comparing apples to oranges. A nice try at spinning. Maybe we need to bring some bobbies over and show our cops how it is done? Maybe the bobbies have methods our cops should be using? Maybe we should bring a bunch of bobbies in to patrol Chicago for a few weekends and see how they do? We are not talking about different humans species, we are talking about a different brand of criminal. Maybe the whole bloody bunch can come together over fish and chips? :roll:
Head over to Brixton or Birmingham
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

And just how are English criminals a “[d]ifferent breed of criminal?”

Pray, do tell us.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump resigns on January 19 after doing a deal with Mike Pence to pardon him.
not crazy, bill. is anything really beyond the scope of reality these days!?!! :)

i dunno what the future holds for DJ Trump's name on structures (other than his obvious name-leasing business). but, plenty of our past executives were slaveholders, and their names are on public buildings. is DJ Trump any worse?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Our cops need more training and tactics

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 am

The last time I remember we Americans fought a war so we would not resemble England. We may as Americans have our problems... thank God we are not effing british.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:07 am

And just how are English criminals a “[d]ifferent breed of criminal?”

Pray, do tell us.

DocBarrister :roll:
Good day old chap.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 am

The last time I remember we Americans fought a war so we would not resemble England. We may as Americans have our problems... thank God we are not effing british.
Who said anything about being British? When was the last time you were in Brixton?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:14 am Our cops need more training and tactics

Yes our cops need all the training they can get. If you have a problem with that, I dont know what to tell you. You dont seem to be all that thrilled with the status quo.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Perhaps a couple hundred million firearms for starters. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am

Who said anything about being British? When was the last time you were in Brixton?
Damn.... I thought those folks living in England were British? :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am

Duuuuuh, without all those firearms how can we shoot cops.... duuuuuuuuuuh?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:37 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am

Damn.... I thought those folks living in England were British? :roll:
You didn’t answer my question.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So we’ve never partnered with them or considered them close since 1800?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am Where were the protests?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1iZFxkxr6w

Black cops, killing an unarmed WHITE kid.....awesome
There was outrage when this happened. More bad police training and tactics.

https://www.thehindu.com/data/data-how- ... 734968.ece
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:38 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am

Duuuuuh, without all those firearms how can we shoot cops.... duuuuuuuuuuh?
How have the police done here?

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am
And drunk drivers are not allowed to drive on the road. Who kills more people TLD, cops or drunk drivers? Maybe what these cops need is a shepherds hook. You open the door, hook em and drag their ass out of the car. Then you taze em, roll em and cuff em. The cops are in a no win situation. No matter what response they choose it will never be the right one. When any suspect becomes combative and violent, the games changes. How many of you folks out there in fan lax world think you could have done a better job? Raise your hands and be counted? Tell us all how you would have handled it. I have my own opinion. I would have tailed the guy and let him run until he fell over and passed out. Was he a direct threat to the lives of these officers? I doubt it very much. Did they have to shoot him, I don't think so, they had better options. If they had better training and situational awareness they would have known that. The problem so soon forgotten is how the police should respond once the suspect becomes violent and combative. They do not have a whole lot of resources available to them. What should be done is use the technology we have available today to develop the best non lethal restraining devises that we can find.
He was driving when he was shot in the back?

This police officer is well trained:
Nooooooo, that is not the point. He was drunk and could have easily came to and drove off. You tell me the best method for getting a drunk and belligerent and combative suspect from behind the wheel of a car? Go ahead sport, I am all ears, I wanna hear how TLD makes that happen. There is no disagreement between us that the cop should not have shot him. If you don't know how the cops could have safely got him out of that car, then what you have were scared cops who were not trained properly to handle the situation. Is that not the point of this conversation? This is just my opinion. We have too many cops that are not trained well enough and are just flat out scared of doing their job. That is a terrible combination and we are seeing how that plays out every day. I am not talking about that POS cop in Minny. I am talking about too many cops that just have not been trained well enough in the use of force and restraint to be patrolling the streets.
Did someone say the police should not have been called? I remember my first train ride into NYC after my son was born. I was dead tired from being up all night. I took the train in. The conductor finally woke me up. The train was empty. He said he had been trying to wake me up and they finally called the police. I left before they arrived. I was exhausted. Anyway, the police could have follow led the guy until he conked out. I am sure someone will say “ what if he killed had someone after he ran”....you know because that’s what black people do.
The brother of a girl I dated feel asleep on the 1/9 (don’t recall which train between the two specifically but the longer one north into w Bronx) and woke up at the end with a hole cut out of his pocket (late 90s) where his wallet was...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:45 am

So we’ve never partnered with them or considered them close since 1800?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”