Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by old salt »

Now we start the martyrdom of Rayshard Brooks, loving husband & devoted father.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... WUYJUH5AA/
Great way to celebrate his daughter's birthday. Top shelf, was it margaritas or daiquiris ?
Daddy's so funny when he comes home like that. How many times has he driven drunk with his daughters in the car ?
His widow wants the other cop thrown in jail too. All he did to her husband was treat him cordially with respect.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:13 amThat's absurd. Resist arrest, attack a cop, take his weapon, attack him with that weapon, expect deadly force in response.
When a cop is attacked or immobilized, the cop's gun can end up in the hands of the attacker, endangering the cop(s) & bystanders.
The perp was under the influence, agitated, not acting rationally, running lose in a neighborhood with a cop's taser & who knows what other weapon. He needed to be neutralized.

There's a simple way to eliminate incidents like these. Don't drive when drunk, so drunk you pass out blocking traffic in a fast food drive thru lane, don't resist arrest, don't take a cop's weapon, don't turn that weapon on the cop, don't flee brandishing that weapon.
Now they're going to make a martyr out of this idiot.
So Trump-like. He talks his way out of any bad situation by making up a story in his head that he believes with every fiber in his body in order to exonerate his point of view and make him "right". It's the technique he's been using since he became a devotee of "The Power of Positive Thinking". OS is channeling OD In this case, OS is setting a stage, painting with a broad brush in an effort to exonerate a point of view about "resisting arrest". Shrub Bush used this technique when he "fixed facts and intelligence around the policy" to illegally go to war in Iraq. Donald Trump does it almost every time he opens his mouth...making up a story in his head that he then presents as fact to make him look good. It's worse than lying, it's an attempt to alter reality. He never lets a negative thought about his actions enter his melon head.

This was a VERY unfortunate incident that does, in fact, strengthens the whole idea of the re-thinking the where/when and how to use deadly force. British police do not carry firearms, right? We tend to trivialize police work when in fact they face all SORTS of nastiness, yes, life-threatening nastiness with regularity. However, "With great power comes great responsibility."...but come ON! It's not the simple-headed "he resisted arrest to he should expect this might happen"

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:30 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:13 amThat's absurd. Resist arrest, attack a cop, take his weapon, attack him with that weapon, expect deadly force in response.
When a cop is attacked or immobilized, the cop's gun can end up in the hands of the attacker, endangering the cop(s) & bystanders.
The perp was under the influence, agitated, not acting rationally, running lose in a neighborhood with a cop's taser & who knows what other weapon. He needed to be neutralized.

There's a simple way to eliminate incidents like these. Don't drive when drunk, so drunk you pass out blocking traffic in a fast food drive thru lane, don't resist arrest, don't take a cop's weapon, don't turn that weapon on the cop, don't flee brandishing that weapon.
So Trump-like. He talks his way out of any bad situation by making up a story in his head that he believes with every fiber in his body in order to exonerate his point of view and make him "right". It's the technique he's been using since he became a devotee of "The Power of Positive Thinking". OS is channeling OD In this case, OS is setting a stage, painting with a broad brush in an effort to exonerate a point of view about "resisting arrest". Shrub Bush used this technique when he "fixed facts and intelligence around the policy" to illegally go to war in Iraq. Donald Trump does it almost every time he opens his mouth...making up a story in his head that he then presents as fact to make him look good. It's worse than lying, it's an attempt to alter reality. He never lets a negative thought about his actions enter his melon head.

This was a VERY unfortunate incident that does, in fact, strengthens the whole idea of the re-thinking the where/when and how to use deadly force. British police do not carry firearms, right? We tend to trivialize police work when in fact they face all SORTS of nastiness, yes, life-threatening nastiness with regularity. However, "With great power comes great responsibility."...but come ON! It's not the simple-headed "he resisted arrest to he should expect this might happen"
Great idea. Don't just defund the police, disarm them too. Tell us how tolerant the Brits are of DUI.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I will agree with you Mr Dis. There should be a rethinking on police use of force. I think all politicians in major cities should be required to do ride alongs with local police for at least a week and for a full shift.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:29 am Now we start the martyrdom of Rayshard Brooks, loving husband & devoted father.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... WUYJUH5AA/
Great way to celebrate his daughter's birthday. Top shelf, was it margaritas or daiquiris ?
Daddy's so funny when he comes home like that. How many times has he driven drunk with his daughters in the car ?
His widow wants the other cop thrown in jail too. All he did to her husband was treat him cordially with respect.

Amazing.

You realize why this always happens, the media propping up a person immediately even though they don't know one thing about him? They want their viewers to consider Rayshard just like any other person; they can't allow anyone to consider his inebriation or the fact that he shot at an officer, ro anything other than he was a dad...

Too many times the media goes all-in on a preferred DNC narrative, only to discover (once independent journos do the actual work) that the guy they are idolizing might not be the hero the media needs to sell the racial flames. And you know who knows this better than anyone? African Americans. They will suss out who Rayshard was (for better or worse) faster than anyone. I'll wait.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 am First time I've seen that video and I sure don't see how the cops could have been any nicer or more patient with this guy than they were. What are they supposed to do when the guy turns violent on them? You can't see what happens once the guy turns violent, so how do you know what the cops should have done? This guy was had and needed to be taken fom behind the wheel of that car. Had he just said yeah, I'm all phukked up and cooperated with these two cops who had treated him fairly, none of this happens.
The police are not allowed to shoot people in the back. His training should have kicked in. The first cop should not be punished. The cop that came on and shot the guy should be fired. It’s odd how being drunk excuses a lot of things but not this when the guy was clearly drunk and not thinking straight.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 pm The Holocaust continues, this time in Syracuse:

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2020/06/f ... ustice.htm
As always the solution is there - disarm the government, arm the people.

I like the sentiment but I’m afraid the ‘heroes’ you choose aren’t exactly pictures of peace. “Nickels” seems to have been armed and reaching for his gun?

Anyway, cops will soon be replaced by robots and they won’t care too much when you shoot at them. In order to incapacitate the reckless lefty criminals, the robots will break your kneecaps. I’m all for it.

Atlanta is burning as we speak because a cop shot a career criminal who overpowered two cops and stole ones stun gun and shot at the cops. So the Democrats saw another opportunity to burn down a city. Same as it ever was.
I didn’t know you were in Atlanta. My wife tells me our neighborhood hasn’t been touched and most of the city is fine, tensions are very high because the guy was shot in the back and a cop said “I got him” while a nearby person is overheard saying “yo, there’s kids around here” as the cop is shooting.

But sure speak on everyone and everywhere even if you are just talking out of your a**. Standard practice

This will shock the resident Dems here, but here's a helpful hint: if you drive drunk (you see, that's an actual danger to society...there's this new phenomenon called drunk drivers who kill), pass out in a drive-through lane at a restaurant holding up traffic, fail the sobriety test, then choose to fight the cops, overpower both, swing at one's jaw, steal his gun (stun or otherwise), and THEN fire the stun gun at the cop, I have bad news if you think most cops aren't gonna shoot back.

two things can be true at one time: the guy deserves zero pity, and the cop could have let him run away.
" and the cop could have let him run away."

I hope folks will be happy when that is what more and more police decide to do. I only hope then they don't rip the cops for not doing their job. Any person today that would want to be a cop has to be questioning their career choice. Your damned if you do and soon you will be damned if you don't. :roll:
Shooting a guy in the back is cowardly.
Shooting someone in the back is cowardly. IMO they should have let him run until he passed out from exhaustion. He certainly was in no condition to run very far. The police are sorely in need of a nation wide police policy in the use of force and how restrain a suspect. That being said, restraining someone who is aggressively and violently resisting arrest is no easy thing to do. Often times during these struggles the bad guy is trying to get at your gun. A more effective and practical method of restraining a combative suspect would be helpful. Training on a regular basis is the only option right now. It will take time and of course a lot of money but it has to be done.
The first cop was a decent guy. The cop that shot him was just the type you run across. Already a bad disposition when he arrived. He needed a new job. So the guy tussles with the cops so they can shoot him? Like I said, I know two high school lacrosse players that punched cops and nothing much happened to them. Wrestled to the ground. No weapons drawn. Of course both had been drinking.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:24 am First time I've seen that video and I sure don't see how the cops could have been any nicer or more patient with this guy than they were. What are they supposed to do when the guy turns violent on them? You can't see what happens once the guy turns violent, so how do you know what the cops should have done? This guy was had and needed to be taken fom behind the wheel of that car. Had he just said yeah, I'm all phukked up and cooperated with these two cops who had treated him fairly, none of this happens.
The police are not allowed to shoot people in the back. His training should have kicked in. The first cop should not be punished. The cop that came on and shot the guy should be fired. It’s odd how being drunk excuses a lot of things but not this when the guy was clearly drunk and not thinking straight.
I agree, but why stop at firing this killer. Shooter needs to be charged with murder and do his time for the crime.

Guy so drunk he falls asleep in car at fast food checkout lane. Runs away and the only action for the police is to shoot him in the back multiple times.

Why not holster the firearm and be something like a "detective" and track him down later? Maybe police are too dumb to look at his car for registration?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:37 am

I will agree with you Mr Dis. There should be a rethinking on police use of force. I think all politicians in major cities should be required to do ride alongs with local police for at least a week and for a full shift.
We have a gun culture which is part of the problem. The police don’t have the right to kill because they don’t behave. Get a new job.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:54 am
I agree, but why stop at firing this killer. Shooter needs to be charged with murder and do his time for the crime.

Guy so drunk he falls asleep in car at fast food checkout lane. Runs away and the only action for the police is to shoot him in the back multiple times.

Why not holster the firearm and be something like a "detective" and track him down later? Maybe police are too dumb to look at his car for registration?
Exactly. Losing your temper is an excuse to shoot a drunk guy running away in the back. The cops have his license, registration and car. There was a guy that robbed a bank on Long Island. He left his ID. The cops where standing in his garage when he opened the garage door.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Another one of those disgusting racist cops. Who can stand them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ather.html

Defund the Police!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 am Another one of those disgusting racist cops. Who can stand them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ather.html

Defund the Police!

Didn't you hear 6ft...there's systemic racial abuse going on and we need to loot stores and torch cities to show our disgust!

Please don't put up any example that diffuses the racial tensions...thanks.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 am Can't sewerage treatments plants be named after the tRump family? Fitting in so many ways.

Good idea.

Remember the old John Wayne movie where a dying soldier's wish was that a facility be named in his honor? It was called "Provo's Privy".

Let's do the same by calling a chain of comfort stations as "Trump's Toilets":

Go to tRUMP's to take your dumps ...

:lol:
Last edited by Brooklyn on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

And drunk drivers are not allowed to drive on the road. Who kills more people TLD, cops or drunk drivers? Maybe what these cops need is a shepherds hook. You open the door, hook em and drag their ass out of the car. Then you taze em, roll em and cuff em. The cops are in a no win situation. No matter what response they choose it will never be the right one. When any suspect becomes combative and violent, the games changes. How many of you folks out there in fan lax world think you could have done a better job? Raise your hands and be counted? Tell us all how you would have handled it. I have my own opinion. I would have tailed the guy and let him run until he fell over and passed out. Was he a direct threat to the lives of these officers? I doubt it very much. Did they have to shoot him, I don't think so, they had better options. If they had better training and situational awareness they would have known that. The problem so soon forgotten is how the police should respond once the suspect becomes violent and combative. They do not have a whole lot of resources available to them. What should be done is use the technology we have available today to develop the best non lethal restraining devises that we can find.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

right wing delusionals continue to pretend Antifa is behind all of the recent violence - but those who live in the world of reality know that not one Antifa person has been charged with any crime:

but radical reichsters have been found to be engaging in naughtiness:

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/06 ... s-protests
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am
And drunk drivers are not allowed to drive on the road. Who kills more people TLD, cops or drunk drivers? Maybe what these cops need is a shepherds hook. You open the door, hook em and drag their ass out of the car. Then you taze em, roll em and cuff em. The cops are in a no win situation. No matter what response they choose it will never be the right one. When any suspect becomes combative and violent, the games changes. How many of you folks out there in fan lax world think you could have done a better job? Raise your hands and be counted? Tell us all how you would have handled it. I have my own opinion. I would have tailed the guy and let him run until he fell over and passed out. Was he a direct threat to the lives of these officers? I doubt it very much. Did they have to shoot him, I don't think so, they had better options. If they had better training and situational awareness they would have known that. The problem so soon forgotten is how the police should respond once the suspect becomes violent and combative. They do not have a whole lot of resources available to them. What should be done is use the technology we have available today to develop the best non lethal restraining devises that we can find.
He was driving when he was shot in the back?

This police officer is well trained:

Compare him to the cop that shot a guy in the back running away.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am

Exactly. Losing your temper is an excuse to shoot a drunk guy running away in the back. The cops has his license, registration and car. There was a guy that robbed a bank on Long Island. He left his ID. The cops where standing in his garage when he opened the garage door.
That is all about training and temperament TLD. Your point is spot on. The problem is these cops are only human. They have not been trained properly to handle the situation. A suspect starts fighting with them and they get scared and lose track of their emotions. There is no rational explanation for this cop having to shoot this man. Until you have been there and been trained how to deal with the situation your response is out of fear and not what you were trained to do. IMO a cop only shoots when his life or the lives of innocent people are in danger. The answer IMO is training, training and more training and not accepting those officers who fail the training. If any officer can not meet the standards, they should not be out on the street. That is not their fault. That is what the job requires.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am

Exactly. Losing your temper is an excuse to shoot a drunk guy running away in the back. The cops has his license, registration and car. There was a guy that robbed a bank on Long Island. He left his ID. The cops where standing in his garage when he opened the garage door.
That is all about training and temperament TLD. Your point is spot on. The problem is these cops are only human. They have not been trained properly to handle the situation. A suspect starts fighting with them and they get scared and lose track of their emotions. There is no rational explanation for this cop having to shoot this man. Until you have been there and been trained how to deal with the situation your response is out of fear and not what you were trained to do. IMO a cop only shoots when his life or the lives of innocent people are in danger. The answer IMO is training, training and more training and not accepting those officers who fail the training. If any officer can not meet the standards, they should not be out on the street. That is not their fault. That is what the job requires.
Why don’t they have these problems in England? The humans are different human species?
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am

Compare him to the cop that shot a guy in the back running away.

Wow - stunning video. Thanks for posting.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:33 am

Nooooooo, that is not the point. He was drunk and could have easily came to and drove off. You tell me the best method for getting a drunk and belligerent and combative suspect from behind the wheel of a car? Go ahead sport, I am all ears, I wanna hear how TLD makes that happen. There is no disagreement between us that the cop should not have shot him. If you don't know how the cops could have safely got him out of that car, then what you have were scared cops who were not trained properly to handle the situation. Is that not the point of this conversation? This is just my opinion. We have too many cops that are not trained well enough and are just flat out scared of doing their job. That is a terrible combination and we are seeing how that plays out every day. I am not talking about that POS cop in Minny. I am talking about too many cops that just have not been trained well enough in the use of force and restraint to be patrolling the streets.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”