Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by 6ftstick »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:44 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:36 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:38 am You guys arguing about statues like the Left really cares about statues. :lol: :lol:

They want so much more.

If the Democrats take the WH and Congress, they'll pass laws outlawing speech they disapprove of. They'll seek to take your right to self-defense. They will begin to usher in what they really want which is a totalitarian state and the only people who will thrive are those with access.
And murder your pets. You left out that they'll murder your pets, Pete. Keep up with the program....
:lol:
Particularly as Trump rolled back all of their things Obama did to outlaw free speech, the right to self defense and govern in a totalitarian manner. The 8 years prior to Trump was some of the worst years the country has ever seen!

yeah, the Left has never had it in them to stifle speech; they love different opinions! Why just yesterday at Cornell, ummmm....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cornell-p ... talitarian
Guy is an attention whore, even Youtube took his snowflake act down years ago.

Sure, he knows his stuff concerning Securities Law, but otherwise just another wanna be Faux whiner. Every school has one.

School is taking no action against him, he just has his feelings hurt by comments on his private personal blog.

Sorry Petey Diversity runs both ways:

Statement on Prof. William Jacobson and Academic Freedom
Cornell Law School is a law school with values. In keeping with the core values of Cornell University, we value the diversity of our society and of our academic community, and we are committed to the values of the legal profession, including equal protection under the law. We see in the ongoing struggle of Black Americans a reflection of those values, and we embrace the goals of that struggle, as I said in my statement of just one week ago.

Cornell Law School’s commitment to these values goes beyond mere words — it is reflected in the Law School’s curriculum, its diverse student body, its administration, and the remarkable work of our faculty and clinics. We are proud of the Law School’s long record of confronting the racism and disproportionate racial impact of mass incarceration and the death penalty. We are grateful that distinguished practitioners work with Cornell Law School students to support racial justice advocates in a number of experiential courses. In light of this deep and rich tradition of walking the walk of racial justice, in no uncertain terms, recent blog posts of Professor William Jacobson, casting broad and categorical aspersions on the goals of those protesting for justice for Black Americans, do not reflect the values of Cornell Law School as I have articulated them. I found his recent posts to be both offensive and poorly reasoned.

We can simultaneously affirm our commitment to diversity and inclusion and equal justice while employing someone who has written the sorts of things about the protests that Professor Jacobson has, because, as an institution of higher learning, we also value academic freedom, which prevents us from censoring the extramural writings of faculty members. And we value job security for our clinical faculty. Both of these values are crucial to the work of all of our clinics, which operate in any number of controversial areas. Our unwavering commitment to these values means that all Cornell Law professors must be able to write and speak freely.

As an administrator, I do not share my views on a faculty member’s speech lightly, but it is important to make clear that the Law School’s commitment to academic freedom does not constitute endorsement or approval of individual faculty speech. But to take disciplinary action against him for the views he has expressed would fatally pit our values against one another in ways that would corrode our ability to operate as an academic institution.

Respectfully,

Eduardo M. Peñalver ’94
Allan R. Tessler Dean and Professor of Law

Congratulations to this Dean

Gonna take many more men and women with courage like this to stop this cancel culture.

I'm sure he's been removed from the "invite" list for Cornell cocktail parties and picnics.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Utopia. Coming soon to a city near you.

Summer of Love

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... tion=click

Summer of Shove

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... n-speaker/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:36 am Utopia. Coming soon to a city near you.

Summer of Love

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... tion=click

Summer of Shove

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... n-speaker/
MAGA
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:01 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 pm The Holocaust continues, this time in Syracuse:

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2020/06/f ... ustice.htm
As always the solution is there - disarm the government, arm the people.

I like the sentiment but I’m afraid the ‘heroes’ you choose aren’t exactly pictures of peace. “Nickels” seems to have been armed and reaching for his gun?

Anyway, cops will soon be replaced by robots and they won’t care too much when you shoot at them. In order to incapacitate the reckless lefty criminals, the robots will break your kneecaps. I’m all for it.

Atlanta is burning as we speak because a cop shot a career criminal who overpowered two cops and stole ones stun gun and shot at the cops. So the Democrats saw another opportunity to burn down a city. Same as it ever was.
I didn’t know you were in Atlanta. My wife tells me our neighborhood hasn’t been touched and most of the city is fine, tensions are very high because the guy was shot in the back and a cop said “I got him” while a nearby person is overheard saying “yo, there’s kids around here” as the cop is shooting.

But sure speak on everyone and everywhere even if you are just talking out of your a**. Standard practice
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:24 pm The Holocaust continues, this time in Syracuse:

I like the sentiment but I’m afraid the ‘heroes’ you choose aren’t exactly pictures of peace. “Nickels” seems to have been armed and reaching for his gun?

Anyway, cops will soon be replaced by robots and they won’t care too much when you shoot at them. In order to incapacitate the reckless lefty criminals, the robots will break your kneecaps. I’m all for it.

Atlanta is burning as we speak because a cop shot a career criminal who overpowered two cops and stole ones stun gun and shot at the cops. So the Democrats saw another opportunity to burn down a city. Same as it ever was.

re the incident in Syracuse - cops did not produce video cam evidence of their claim the guy reached for his gun. So how would you know if their claim was true, especially in view of the fact that so many such claims turn out to be lies?

re Atlanta, the cop got fired and the police chief resigned. A possible admission of guilt?

Anyways, I like the idea of robots keeping the peace. Mebbe a few hundred like Gort from Day the Earth Stood Still will appear to keep the peace.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 am

I didn’t know you were in Atlanta. My wife tells me our neighborhood hasn’t been touched and most of the city is fine, tensions are very high because the guy was shot in the back and a cop said “I got him” while a nearby person is overheard saying “yo, there’s kids around here” as the cop is shooting.

But sure speak on everyone and everywhere even if you are just talking out of your a**. Standard practice

This will shock the resident Dems here, but here's a helpful hint: if you drive drunk (you see, that's an actual danger to society...there's this new phenomenon called drunk drivers who kill), pass out in a drive-through lane at a restaurant holding up traffic, fail the sobriety test, then choose to fight the cops, overpower both, swing at one's jaw, steal his gun (stun or otherwise), and THEN fire the stun gun at the cop, I have bad news if you think most cops aren't gonna shoot back.

two things can be true at one time: the guy deserves zero pity, and the cop could have let him run away.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 am

re the incident in Syracuse - cops did not produce video cam evidence of their claim the guy reached for his gun. So how would you know if their claim was true, especially in view of the fact that so many such claims turn out to be lies?

re Atlanta, the cop got fired and the police chief resigned. A possible admission of guilt?

Anyways, I like the idea of robots keeping the peace. Mebbe a few hundred like Gort from Day the Earth Stood Still will appear to keep the peace.

lol. Not. Who knows what happened behind the scenes with the Mayor, the chief, and the cop's lawyers.

We can be sure of only one thing: not one cop will risk his badge for any preventative policing when your Mayor and DA are against you, so crime in these democratic cities will escalate like in Baltimore and it will all be black on black. So the people you purport to care about will be most impacted.

All of this is the result of decades of racial fires stoked by one party in America.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The delusional right wing continues to say BLAME ANTIFA despite the fact there is no evidence to justify this cultish mantra:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scant ... r-BB15ruZ7

Federal and local arrest records in dozens of cities make virtually no mention of antifa. Law enforcement officials who had braced for the purported invasion of antifa militants in cities large and small now mostly acknowledge the threat has not appeared.

Contrary to the views of the delusionals, the evidence suggests the right wing is more likely to be involved:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/white-sup ... 00613.html

As ideological unrest has gripped the country while it navigates dual crises in the coronavirus pandemic and the killing of George Floyd, far-right extremists have found opportunity in the social and political upheaval.

Groups have used a playbook experts say extremists have long relied on: Latch onto in-person and online movements, whether they agree with the message or not, to establish a foothold in new communities, recruit members, and, in some cases, simply sow mayhem.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 am The delusional right wing continues to say BLAME ANTIFA despite the fact there is no evidence to justify this cultish mantra:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scant ... r-BB15ruZ7

Federal and local arrest records in dozens of cities make virtually no mention of antifa. Law enforcement officials who had braced for the purported invasion of antifa militants in cities large and small now mostly acknowledge the threat has not appeared.

Contrary to the views of the delusionals, the evidence suggests the right wing is more likely to be involved:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/white-sup ... 00613.html

As ideological unrest has gripped the country while it navigates dual crises in the coronavirus pandemic and the killing of George Floyd, far-right extremists have found opportunity in the social and political upheaval.

Groups have used a playbook experts say extremists have long relied on: Latch onto in-person and online movements, whether they agree with the message or not, to establish a foothold in new communities, recruit members, and, in some cases, simply sow mayhem.

Brook thinks you're dumb.

Look at these two far right winger fascists wanted by the ATF for lighting buildings on fire during the Democratic riots! I mean I realize they look and seem like they aren't far right, but the Muslim garb is strictly a false flag! We know they are far right! Let's go! KKK or maybe Boogooloo? Who knows, but def far right! (Howard Dean scream please)

Also, I believe in the Easter Bunny!

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/couple-run- ... prehension
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I don't believe I've posted previously in this "Politics" section, but this is an important topic. There has been a lot of discussion recently on the UVa lacrosse thread, but there is another state school in Virginia with D1 lacrosse. Its past is very linked to the Confederacy.
https://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/v ... c435b.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

uhh ohhh, they're back...it's really those darn terrorist, dark skinned Muslims who want to destroy our country.
Muslim ban, Muslim ban, Muslim ban.
Muslim registry.

Nah, no issue there...

sure, PB, we keep saying that there all sorts of people who have been involved in destructive acts, some as actually protesting racial injustice, with others interested in simply sowing chaos, whether to create anarchy or to incite a 'race war'.

We'd expect some of this from those simply PO'd about racial injustice, constant grinding prejudice and discrimination, as well as police brutality. Right?

And of course we need to hold people to account when they cross the line from outrage to violence and serious destruction.

The anarchists and white nationalist types, though, these are truly nefarious.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:25 am I don't believe I've posted previously in this "Politics" section, but this is an important topic. There has been a lot of discussion recently on the UVa lacrosse thread, but there is another state school in Virginia with D1 lacrosse. Its past is very linked to the Confederacy.
https://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/v ... c435b.html
Good article on an important topic.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:19 am
Brook thinks you're dumb.

Look at these two far right winger fascists wanted by the ATF for lighting buildings on fire during the Democratic riots! I mean I realize they look and seem like they aren't far right, but the Muslim garb is strictly a false flag! We know they are far right! Let's go! KKK or maybe Boogooloo? Who knows, but def far right! (Howard Dean scream please)

Also, I believe in the Easter Bunny!

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/couple-run- ... prehension

Is this another possible example of the Easter Bunny:

Roofers held at gunpoint by man who thought they were "ANTIFA"
A Colorado State football player was involved in a frightening situation on Thursday.

According to 9News, a CSU player was held at gunpoint by a man who believed the CSU player and his coworker were “members of antifa.”

The man, 65-year-old Scott Gudmundsen, called police and said he saw two men wearing masks near his home. Gudmundsen told police they were “antifa guys” and that he was “armed and going to go confront them,” per 9News. When officers arrived, Gudmundsen, dressed in fatigues, was holding the two men on the ground at gunpoint. The incident occurred around 6 p.m. Thursday in Loveland, Colorado.

The two men, however, are workers for a local roofing company. Police said they were “canvassing the neighborhood” after recent hail storms in the area. Neither man was physically harmed, nor were they accused of any wrongdoing.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colorado-s ... 20013.html

Later on it was revealed that "“Gudmunsen’s son issued an apology and told 9News his father is undergoing treatment at a mental health facility.”

Mental health issues but still is allowed to have guns.

Here's a closer look at your mentally flawed new hero:

https://cospringsantifa.noblogs.org/pos ... udmundsen/

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

+1
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 am

This will shock the resident Dems here, but here's a helpful hint: if you drive drunk (you see, that's an actual danger to society...there's this new phenomenon called drunk drivers who kill), pass out in a drive-through lane at a restaurant holding up traffic, fail the sobriety test, then choose to fight the cops, overpower both, swing at one's jaw, steal his gun (stun or otherwise), and THEN fire the stun gun at the cop, I have bad news if you think most cops aren't gonna shoot back.

two things can be true at one time: the guy deserves zero pity, and the cop could have let him run away.
Please show me your evidence Atlanta is burning as it is where I live.

There’s no excuse for firing at someone’s back when there’s numerous innocent bystanders including children around. Ever.

Ever.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:00 pm

There’s no excuse for firing at someone’s back when there’s numerous innocent bystanders including children around. Ever.

Ever.

https://www.trussvilletribune.com/2020/ ... by-police/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Ever.

https://www.trussvilletribune.com/2020/ ... by-police/
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Violence begets violence: "I do not believe that this was a justified use of deadly force and have called for the immediate termination of the officer,” {Mayor} Bottoms said.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Got any idea how spread out Atlanta is. You said Atlanta is burning. That means the whole city. Your evidence is garbage compared to me and my family living there. Sandwiches between two of the most trafficked commercial districts and an 84ac park with tree line streets nothing can even be heard in that neighborhood or the adjacent commercial district. Atlanta is not burning, some select spots may have been set fire and that’s wrong but you are just wrong. Once again, as always.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

" and the cop could have let him run away."

I hope folks will be happy when that is what more and more police decide to do. I only hope then they don't rip the cops for not doing their job. Any person today that would want to be a cop has to be questioning their career choice. Your damned if you do and soon you will be damned if you don't. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”