The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:15 pm 27,572
25,128 - 27,572 = (2,444) or -9.7%.

Just another buying opportunity. Glad to see them.

See you at 30,000.
27,572 was a selling opportunity.....
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:15 pm 27,572
25,128 - 27,572 = (2,444) or -9.7%.

Just another buying opportunity. Glad to see them.

See you at 30,000.
Nice, what did you buy??
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I guess I was NOT the only one who thought that Powell & the Fed were overly optimistic with their projections.

Good lord could

o d, who said “The Federal Reserve is wrong so often," he tweeted. "I see the numbers also, and do MUCH better than they do. We will have a very good Third Quarter, a great Fourth Quarter, and one of our best ever years in 2021.”

or his lackey

kudlow, who said “I do think Mr. Powell could lighten up a little when he has these press offerings. You know, a smile now and then, a little bit of optimism, okay,” he said. “I’ll talk with him and we’ll have some media training at some point.”

sound more pathetic?

With this lack of effort to help solve COVID or the economy, no wonder wall street threw in the towel today.

More layoffs and higher unemployment coming, but r's don't care...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pmWith this lack of effort to help solve COVID or the economy, no wonder wall street threw in the towel today.
What "lack of effort"? The scientists/doctors are diligently working on an answer for the virus. Everyone (perhaps not you for depraved reasons), including the POTUS you hate, are supporting them.

Pull the virus out of the equation and where would the economy be? Pretty F'ing good comparatively speaking...

Your hateful priorities are all out-of-whack CU88. Hate the virus and how China and the WHO handled things.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:38 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pmWith this lack of effort to help solve COVID or the economy, no wonder wall street threw in the towel today.
What "lack of effort"? The scientists/doctors are diligently working on an answer for the virus. Everyone (perhaps not you for depraved reasons), including the POTUS you hate, are supporting them.

Pull the virus out of the equation and where would the economy be? Pretty F'ing good comparatively speaking...

Your hateful priorities are all out-of-whack CU88. Hate the virus and how China and the WHO handled things.
Compared to when?
“I wish you would!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/top- ... 45715.html

There aren't enough YESmen, and this applies to whatever thoughts appear in our supreme leader's brain, as far as Trump and his team are concerned. They should all dress up in cheerleader outfits replete with pompoms and things would get back on track instantly. Heck of a way to face complex difficult issues, but who needs to be reminded of reality when we have a reality TV show to watch every minute of every day?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Compared to when?
You are right TLD....CU88's hateful priorities have been out of whack for quite some time. Thanks for noticing. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

So much winning against the COVID, what kind of leadership are we seeing from IMPOTUS on this front?

Oh, this is news today:

Those wishing to attend President Trump's rally next week in Oklahoma must agree not to sue the Trump campaign or host venue in the event they contract the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... 9-exposure
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:55 pm

So much winning against the COVID, what kind of leadership are we seeing from IMPOTUS on this front?

Oh, this is news today:

Those wishing to attend President Trump's rally next week in Oklahoma must agree not to sue the Trump campaign or host venue in the event they contract the coronavirus.

Makes perfect sense silly man. Businesses need to be able to do same. Novel protections vs a novel virus.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:02 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Oh, this is news today:

Makes perfect sense silly man. Businesses need to be able to do same. Novel protections vs a novel virus.
'I don't take responsibility at all' - your hero
CU88

Post by CU88 »

BREAKING NEWS: On Thursday, June 11th, 502,209 people came through @TSA security checkpoints nationwide. It marked the first time the traveler count surpassed a half million since March 21st. One year ago, 2,675,686 travelers were screened at checkpoints across the country.

My son-in-law took a early morning flight from DCA to MSP yesterday and said that the flight was 100% full!!!!!!!!!!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

BREAKING NEWS: On Thursday, June 11th, 502,209 people came through @TSA security checkpoints nationwide. It marked the first time the traveler count surpassed a half million since March 21st. One year ago, 2,675,686 travelers were screened at checkpoints across the country.

My son-in-law took a early morning flight from DCA to MSP yesterday and said that the flight was 100% full!!!!!!!!!!
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm I guess I was NOT the only one who thought that Powell & the Fed were overly optimistic with their projections.

Good lord could

o d, who said “The Federal Reserve is wrong so often," he tweeted. "I see the numbers also, and do MUCH better than they do. We will have a very good Third Quarter, a great Fourth Quarter, and one of our best ever years in 2021.”

or his lackey

kudlow, who said “I do think Mr. Powell could lighten up a little when he has these press offerings. You know, a smile now and then, a little bit of optimism, okay,” he said. “I’ll talk with him and we’ll have some media training at some point.”

sound more pathetic?

With this lack of effort to help solve COVID or the economy, no wonder wall street threw in the towel today.

So I am going to assume you live your values. Are you telling me that on 11/9/16 you converted all of your liquidity from equities to cash or precious metals? Is your 401k made up of cash only. Are you denying the pre-Covid numbers? Before Covid my clients were having a hard time hiring employees, so much so that they had to poach from their competitors by offering above wage scale hourly rates. And, for really good employees, a company pickup truck. The tide is out right now because of the pandemic, but tides rise and fall. And, you can catch fish on all tides, so I am keeping my line in the water.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We've had a positive rebound this AM from yesterday's disgust with the COVID incompetence.

Seems to me we'll continue to bounce around, sometimes feeling good, sometimes not.

But this what I think actually makes sense:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bewar ... =home-page

In terms of personal 'strategy', we do everything through a passive approach with periodic, automatic rebalancing of the portfolio, taking the emotion out of the question.

I was glad to see that automatic rebalancing kick-in when we were approaching what turned out to be the bottom of the equities driven by the pandemic response. I might have waited to go lower, but it turned out that the rebalancing caught the benefits of the big upturn since. I'm hoping the rebalancing will kick in catching the highs right now, which look to me so out of whack with Main Street, but the timing is all automated, not up to me and my emotions.

But please, let's be clear:
The "Nation's Financial Condition" is not the stock market...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 am BREAKING NEWS: On Thursday, June 11th, 502,209 people came through @TSA security checkpoints nationwide. It marked the first time the traveler count surpassed a half million since March 21st. One year ago, 2,675,686 travelers were screened at checkpoints across the country.

Is that good news or bad news to you on both items?

Glass half full - travelers are returning, first time TSA # over half a million in 2+ mos.
Glass half empty - travelers staying away, only 20% thru TSA vs one year ago.

Glass half full - early morning flight booked full, airlines recovering.
Glass half empty - son-in-law's flight was full and he was what? Upset he had a seat neighbor? Upset he might be more likely to get CV19? What?

Are you blaming Trump for this or not? Everything else is his fault in your world.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 am BREAKING NEWS: On Thursday, June 11th, 502,209 people came through @TSA security checkpoints nationwide. It marked the first time the traveler count surpassed a half million since March 21st. One year ago, 2,675,686 travelers were screened at checkpoints across the country.

Glass half full - travelers are returning, first time TSA # over half a million in 2+ mos.

Glass half empty - son-in-law's flight was full and he was what? Upset he had a seat neighbor? Upset he might be more likely to get CV19? What?

Are you blaming Trump for this or not? Everything else is his fault in your world.
Everything is political in your world view.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:27 pm I guess I was NOT the only one who thought that Powell & the Fed were overly optimistic with their projections.

Good lord could

or his lackey

sound more pathetic?

So I am going to assume you live your values. Are you telling me that on 11/9/16 you converted all of your liquidity from equities to cash or precious metals? Is your 401k made up of cash only. Are you denying the pre-Covid numbers? Before Covid my clients were having a hard time hiring employees, so much so that they had to poach from their competitors by offering above wage scale hourly rates. And, for really good employees, a company pickup truck. The tide is out right now because of the pandemic, but tides rise and fall. And, you can catch fish on all tides, so I am keeping my line in the water.
Left field comments

Why would I change my plans based on IMPOTUS???

If I could accurately predict where the markets are going I wouldn't be on this forum. I too just kept the funds as they had been balanced across the board, and let my financial guru make suggestions/tweaks. I am 15 years out from retirement, need to stay aggressive.

I guess that you don't have children or grand kids, those generations are going to pay for the false propping up of the pre-covid economy. Why in the world did the r's not act like the financial conservatives of my and my fathers generation? GREED and desire for POWER.

I understand that that r's worship o d & kudlow, and that they can do no wrong in their eyes. I find them both to be CON MEN AND DEPLORABLE.

To each their own...
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 am So I am going to assume you live your values. Are you telling me that on 11/9/16 you converted all of your liquidity from equities to cash or precious metals? Is your 401k made up of cash only. Are you denying the pre-Covid numbers? Before Covid my clients were having a hard time hiring employees, so much so that they had to poach from their competitors by offering above wage scale hourly rates. And, for really good employees, a company pickup truck.
Yes. And why? Why was the economy moving like that?

Because Donald Trump signed three massive spending bills that totaled $3+ Trillion BEFORE Covid struck. And borrowed every single penny for it. Big government. The one thing that Republicans are supposed to stand against. And yet what was the reaction from your team, after screaming at Obama to cut government for 8 straight years?

You cheered. You cheered and bragged about how great the economy is when your borrow trillions of dollars, and pump it through the economy. Handouts that would make every the biggest lefty in the world say "wow, that' a lot of money for handouts". You're STILL bragging about how great the economy was.

At what point do American Republicans hold to their supposed values? Or have we FINALLY reached the point where you all admit that Big Government is what makes the American economy go? And that without it? Most of America would be screwed.

And Btw, better hope that Biden doesn't get elected. Because if he does, your man Mitch McConnell is likely to pull the exact same stunt he did with Obama....he's pass nothing. So not a cent more in spending. And then blame Biden for a "bad recovery" and for "hollowing out the military". And the Right Wing here at the Water Cooler will fall for it, and blame Biden instead of McConnell for not funding things properly.

Rinse. Repeat.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:07 pm
Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am

Everything is political in your world view.
Uh no, but thx for sharing the good news. Things appear to be possibly trending up in regards to air travel. I'm flying next week and will see firsthand what it looks like.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Why???

The Trump administration believes names of borrowers from the Paycheck Protection Program and the amounts they receive are “proprietary,” and “confidential” in many cases, Mnuchin said Wednesday during a Senate committee hearing.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/economy ... e-released

Return to “POLITICS”