Twitter- Where idiots come out to play

Post by thatsmell »

Come for the idiotic tweets.

Stay for the ensuing roast.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Re: Twitter- Where idiots come out to play

Post by thatsmell »

PETA berates people for "speciesism" in their language and equates it to racism.

And Twitter loses it's mind, reminding them it's NOT the same, bacon tastes good, and PETA kills 95% of the animals they shelter:

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1070066 ... 29/photo/1
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Giuliani caught in Twitter Limbo; he needs to learn more about "the Google" before he tweets much more:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-gi ... te-2018-12

There are few technologies and applications that have so dumbed-down our dialogue. What I really get peeved about it the "heartfelt messages" on someone's death -- stuffed into a tweet that took all of the deliberative time it takes to fart. We have to put down the devices.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Amen. Enter at your own risk and be prepared to wallow in the cesspool of ill intended twitter warriors. For all it's potential good it turns out to be a shitehouse for instigators (see Prez Dumbo) and antagonizers. Don't get it, the world doesn't care about your every thought, and you set yourself up for all kinds of nastiness (however undeserved...or deserved). Have never tweeted, never will...don't need facegram or instabook either. No thanks (you absolutely can live without it).
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Another thing we can blame Trump for - he's probably singlehandedly keeping Twitter afloat with people watching that train wreck.

ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DMac wrote:Amen. Enter at your own risk and be prepared to wallow in the cesspool of ill intended twitter warriors. For all it's potential good it turns out to be a shitehouse for instigators (see Prez Dumbo) and antagonizers. Don't get it, the world doesn't care about your every thought, and you set yourself up for all kinds of nastiness (however undeserved...or deserved). Have never tweeted, never will...don't need facegram or instabook either. No thanks (you absolutely can live without it).
i take it a step farther- not only do i not do social media, i dont have a mobile phone. or a landline. de-complicating life is good for the brain.

of course, kids and families and jobs and all that- people need to get in touch. but i also see too many people either texting while driving, walking, or when they should be working. or talking on the phone while at a register (i'd choke these people if the law would allow).

i also like to say that while i dont have a facebook account, technically, i do. i just never opened it. meaning, they have a profile already that exists for a user (me) that just hasnt actually consented to sign up.

while im not a full-on luddite, i do love that i can watch games online, find information, and chat with you guys. incessantly. salut1
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

No mobile phone frank? I still have you in my contacts. I am not going to delete you! I remember butt dialing you a few years back! bootys1
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DD-Tech wrote:No mobile phone frank? I still have you in my contacts. I am not going to delete you! I remember butt dialing you a few years back! bootys1
... i guess i didnt get it!
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”