The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:25 am The equity market is telling you the economic recovery will be far more vigorous than consensus expects.

The market is always correct. Even on down days.
Should we call you Marty Zweig or Elaine Garzarelli....any idea what interest have done since the start of the year? Any clue what they are telling you?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:25 am The equity market is telling you the economic recovery will be far more vigorous than consensus expects.

Should we call you Marty Zweig or Elaine Garzarelli....any idea what interest have done since the start of the year? Any clue what they are telling you?

Well, some people are very upset that the market has recovered nearly all of its downturn! Guess which party they belong to?!?!

I know it might be hard, a flip of the coin really, but my gut tells me that the crowd that doesn't want the market to rally might just be, maybe, who knows, but I feel like I am on to something, hear me out, but I am thinking they just may be Democrats! Let me know if I am wrong.

:lol: :lol:

By the way, keep burning down Democratic cities; Minneapolis looks like a war zone:

https://twitter.com/_James_Powers/statu ... 60385?s=20
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:49 pm

Well, some people are very upset that the market has recovered nearly all of its downturn! Guess which party they belong to?!?!

I know it might be hard, a flip of the coin really, but my gut tells me that the crowd that doesn't want the market to rally might just be, maybe, who knows, but I feel like I am on to something, hear me out, but I am thinking they just may be Democrats! Let me know if I am wrong.

By the way, keep burning down Democratic cities; Minneapolis looks like a war zone:

I asked you about what interest rates are showing you and you give me a link to something I wouldn't do you the pro-court to even read the first letter. Same old Petey....you still got nothin'.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:12 pm

I asked you about what interest rates are showing you and you give me a link to something I wouldn't do you the pro-court to even read the first letter. Same old Petey....you still got nothin'.

I tend not to engage with Democrats; they always have an outcome they can't let go of.

That all said, what interest RATES (you forgot that word in your initial post) are telling me is: borrow.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I tend not to engage with Democrats; they always have an outcome they can't release.

That all said, what interest RATES (you forgot that word in your initial post) are telling me is: borrow.
I tend not to engage with morons, but we all have out weak moments.

No Petey, you don't borrow because rates are low, you borrow when you need it.

Rates are low because there is no foreseeable GDP growth on the horizon. Just like that, BHO will have beaten Trump when it comes to growth.

Will you give Biden credit for taking us out of this recession/depression?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I tend not to engage with Democrats; they always have an outcome they can't release.

I tend not to engage with morons, but we all have out weak moments.

Rates are low because there is no foreseeable GDP growth on the horizon. Just like that, BHO will have beaten Trump when it comes to growth.

Will you give Biden credit for taking us out of this recession/depression?

Biden won't even know what planet he's on if he wins so of course I won't praise him for any recovery.

Whoever is elected on November will oversee an incredible expansion of the global economy, but at the same time, a devaluation of the dollar in real purchasing terms. Heck, you could be Prez, Calourie, and be the greatest Prez ever with the wind at your back. I just don't know if we should reward Democrats if their idea of winning is hollowing out cities; they are doing a fantastic job burning down their stores, but I don't think that is a winning accomplishment.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm

One size does not fit all. Cheap credit can be a good thing.
https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit- ... test-move/

Rates have been below 3% since mid 2008. Recently lowered to 0% to support liquidity needs due to CV19. No changes expected any time soon.
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm Rates are low because there is no foreseeable GDP growth on the horizon. Just like that, BHO will have beaten Trump when it comes to growth.

Q120 GDP 2nd estimate was -5%. Agreed, Trump will clearly need a second term to out-GDP BHO's two terms.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Goodbye Minneapolis!

https://nypost.com/2020/06/10/7-sigma-i ... -in-riots/

I'm sure other manufacturers will rush in though, nothing to be alarmed about. Just 50 middle class jobs. Ho hum.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:58 am Goodbye Minneapolis!

I'm sure other manufacturers will rush in though, nothing to be alarmed about. Just 50 middle class jobs. Ho hum.
Defund the Police!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:00 am

Defund the Police!

I feel like we should defund not only the police but all military. I mean, why just stop at police; we have a revolution that is way overdue.

Also, there is no way we can abide any anything called Washington in the United States; that is a very triggering word since the guy was a bad man, and so anyone with the last name Washington will need to change their name to something less offensive.

All of Mel Brooks' movies must be incinerated and never shown again. Seinfeld must stop airing reruns...way too many offensive segments there. We have a log of heavy lifting to do to make out country pure of thoughtcrime, but I know the Democratic Party is up to the challenge. Oh that reminds me, there can only be one party too.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Defund the Police!
I feel like we should defund not only the police but all military.
So let me see if i have your position here straight, fellas.

The Minneapolis community is telling you that their Unionized Police Department is a complete sh*tshow. Some are livid that George Floyd was murdered in broad daylight. Others, like this businessman, are livid that in his view, they allowed his business to burn down. And he's so mad about it, that he's rebuilding his business outside of Minneapolis.

And after hearing this, you're both telling me that the people of Minneapolis are crazy for wanting to dissolve this *hitshow of a Police Department, and starting from scratch with a whole new organization built from the ground up, with an eye toward actually serving and protecting the people of Minneapolis.

That about sum it up, fellas? What would you prefer happen? Up the police's Xmas bonus for this outstanding work in Minneapolis? :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Defund the Police!

The Minneapolis community is telling you that their Unionized Police Department is a complete sh*tshow. Some are livid that George Floyd was murdered in broad daylight. Others, like this businessman, are livid that in his view, they allowed his business to burn down. And he's so mad about it, that he's rebuilding his business outside of Minneapolis.

And after hearing this, you're both telling me that the people of Minneapolis are crazy for wanting to dissolve this *hitshow of a Police Department, and starting from scratch with a whole new organization built from the ground up, with an eye toward actually serving and protecting the people of Minneapolis.

That about sum it up, fellas? What would you prefer happen? Up the police's Xmas bonus for this outstanding work in Minneapolis? :roll:

I see your point, except the 'community' that wants to dissolve the police are, ummmm, maybe not such upstanding citizens taxpayers, and the 'community' that you use here doesn't really want any police at all, and well, that should suffice. These are lunatics you are referencing. Outside that, your post rocks.

I keep warning you to not compromise with Leftists; they are not interested in normalcy. But here you are.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Defund the Police!
Police = Deplorable, fire them all and let the teachers do double duty as peace officers. 8-)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Defund the Police!

I see your point, except the 'community' that wants to dissolve the police are, ummmm, maybe not such upstanding citizens taxpayers, and the 'community' that you use here doesn't really want any police at all, and well, that should suffice. These are lunatics you are referencing. Outside that, your post rocks.

I keep warning you to not compromise with Leftists; they are not interested in normalcy. But here you are.
Show me any "credible" proposal that suggests the complete elimination of law enforcement officers as we know them - toting a gun and enforcing the law...$100 Venmo on its way.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 pm (omitted)

Pretty much a PB response - in which most everything is a baldfaced lie.

The community does not wish to get rid of police - they want it to be reformulated to not be oppressive.

It is not for you to judge that this same community must be ignored because you don't think they are "upstanding" enough. Quite the white supremacist view there.

They are not lunatics. They are tired of being beaten down by people who fit within your world view. And if "normalcy" means that they continue to be beaten down by a police force that is out of control - of course they don't want that.

And most of that community are a far cry from "Leftists" especially given your insistence of a nonsense definition of the same.

So of course you don't see any point except that you get another chance to troll. How are you helping? (To ask the question you refuse to answer).
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Defund the Police!

Show me any "credible" proposal that suggests the complete elimination of law enforcement officers as we know them - toting a gun and enforcing the law...$100 Venmo on its way.

I dedicate my $100 to the Minneapolis Police Department please.

Here's a well-known Drexel professor saying just that:

https://www.policemag.com/536754/colleg ... e-agencies

His Op-Ed is the second one here:

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commen ... 00102.html

Thanks for supporting Minneapolis PD!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 pm (omitted)

Pretty much a PB response - in which most everything is a baldfaced lie.

The community does not wish to get rid of police - they want it to be reformulated to not be oppressive.

It is not for you to judge that this same community must be ignored because you don't think they are "upstanding" enough. Quite the white supremacist view there.

They are not lunatics. They are tired of being beaten down by people who fit within your world view. And if "normalcy" means that they continue to be beaten down by a police force that is out of control - of course they don't want that.

And most of that community are a far cry from "Leftists" especially given your insistence of a nonsense definition of the same.

So of course you don't see any point except that you get another chance to troll. How are you helping? (To ask the question you refuse to answer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPeD2miyF8

Start at 3:40 and let me know how upstanding the folks are...looting from Target is a heckuva way to get the message across to the PD!
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:04 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Defund the Police!

I dedicate my $100 to the Minneapolis Police Department please.

Here's a well-known Drexel professor saying just that:

https://www.policemag.com/536754/colleg ... e-agencies

His Op-Ed is the second one here:

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commen ... 00102.html

Thanks for supporting Minneapolis PD!
Sorry Sparky.

Nope, opinions don't count. - show me a real proposal on the table by the Libs pols running the municipality...you made the claim.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPeD2miyF8

Start at 3:40 and let me know how upstanding the folks are...looting from Target is a heckuva way to get the message across to the PD!
Would you like me to pretend to be this dumb, and claim that that ***hole Derek Chauvin represents all law enforcement the same way you're claiming a few looters represent all the people demanding change in policing?

Come on. Stop Trolling. No one is this stupid.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZPeD2miyF8

Would you like me to pretend to be this dumb, and claim that that ***hole Derek Chauvin represents all law enforcement the same way you're claiming a few looters represent all the people demanding change in policing?

Come on. Stop Trolling. No one is this stupid.
He is not going to stop. He either thinks it is funny or is just disturbed.

Return to “POLITICS”