Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by Brooklyn »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:11 pm
OK, stupid and ridiculous police behavior unless it was to stop the commission of a felony. If they were doing it to the getaway car in a bank robbery that would be different. Of course less ridiculous than protesters throwing rocks at actual people, but cops should be held to a higher standard, and I mean that sincerely. Cops should only use force when they are threatened by force. You did watch cops practicing superhuman restraint when protesters spat in their faces, right? Would you calmly stand there and let someone spit in your face? Would you expect someone else to stand there and let you spit in their face? Try it with me. I would be beating you for so long you should pack a lunch.

Sptting by who? An undercover cop, a white supremacist whose face is hidden by a mask? Violence begets violence. If the cops had never started the violence through the act of murder this would never have happened. Stop the cops and the counter violence will cease.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm Anything to cut down on carbon emissions like these fine military folk are doing. I am passionate about internal combustion engines. Aren't you!

:lol:

I thought you were a disciple of Reagan who said trees cause more pollution than do cars.

:?:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

runrussellrun

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by runrussellrun »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:41 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:05 am
re = Obama

NO, they criticized him b/c he uttered something tRump like.

"The police attacked stupidly"

No shiite Barack. No leadership ability to change policies, so the police do NOT act stupidly.

get it now.

Police do not act stupidly?

Why, of course not. For example, when they deliberately slashed tires, it wasn't the cops. It was that those tires just git in the way of their knives:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/slash ... -protests/

Claim:
Law enforcement officers in Minnesota slashed the tires of cars parked near demonstrations against police brutality in May 2020.

Rating:
TRUE

Let's hear the howls of protest about these acts of police terrorism from forum right wingers.
OK, stupid and ridiculous police behavior unless it was to stop the commission of a felony. If they were doing it to the getaway car in a bank robbery that would be different. Of course less ridiculous than protesters throwing rocks at actual people, but cops should be held to a higher standard, and I mean that sincerely. Cops should only use force when they are threatened by force. You did watch cops practicing superhuman restraint when protesters spat in their faces, right? Would you calmly stand there and let someone spit in your face? Would you expect someone else to stand there and let you spit in their face? Try it with me. I would be beating you for so long you should pack a lunch.
the HIGH school kid from Covington showed more restraint than the pigs of the USA.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:14 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Portrait of a "Subversive".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbX3MxmuGZI

With people like this we should all be all be very afraid for our future.

True, especially in view of this: "Gerritson’s activism has drawn praise from conservative figures Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. " That should set off an alarm immediately.
Only for people who think words are violence and violence is free speech. You never heard "Sticks and Stones" when you were a kid? You see, you have no right to be offended by anyone's free speech unless there was an intent to offend. If you feel you must have that right to not be offended, go somewhere like Canada where they have speech codes. You want to police speech because, frankly, most progressive ideas suck and are anti-liberty. That is unless your idea of liberty is being liberated from concepts like freedom, family, hard work and the chance to fail and succeed on your own. Your ideas only look good when not compared against anything else, so you forbid any comparison. Progressiveism, ideas so great they must be mandatory!!!!
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Only for people who think words are violence and violence is free speech. You never heard "Sticks and Stones" when you were a kid? You see, you have no right to be offended by anyone's free speech unless there was an intent to offend. If you feel you must have that right to not be offended, go somewhere like Canada where they have speech codes. You want to police speech because, frankly, most progressive ideas suck and are anti-liberty. That is unless your idea of liberty is being liberated from concepts like freedom, family, hard work and the chance to fail and succeed on your own. Your ideas only look good when not compared against anything else, so you forbid any comparison. Progressiveism, ideas so great they must be mandatory!!!!

I'll believe that myth the moment it is applied to corporate capitalists and farmers who take more welfare than anyone else.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm Anything to cut down on carbon emissions like these fine military folk are doing. I am passionate about internal combustion engines. Aren't you!

I thought you were a disciple of Reagan who said trees cause more pollution than do cars.

An amazing man; he stopped liberalism in its tracks, until of course the 6th year of his presidency when he didn't know what his name was.

What a difference from Carter.
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-chap ... 21794.html

Some of PB's boyz standing up for some real change, as long as it doesn't involve any change to speak of.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 pm

An amazing man; he stopped liberalism in its tracks, until of course the 6th year of his presidency when he didn't know what his name was.

you mean Carter, the neo-Con and reason why we are in the Middle East? Reagan, the worst POTUSA in our history.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

calourie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:49 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-chap ... 21794.html

Some of PB's boyz standing up for some real change, as long as it doesn't involve any change to speak of.

I like it! They should not delete. I am a believer in second chances...also, since most of us own guns legally in Florida, the Po-Po don;t mess with us much; now as to illegal guns, that's a story for another day and you need to look at Miami-Dade and Broward.

Meanwhile here is the Democratic alternative:

https://twitter.com/Debra4KAG/status/12 ... 90144?s=20
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 pm

you mean Carter, the neo-Con and reason why we are in the Middle East? Reagan, the worst POTUSA in our history.

You misspelled George W Bush.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:31 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:27 pm

I'll believe that myth the moment it is applied to corporate capitalists and farmers who take more welfare than anyone else.
You didn't build that!!!! Man, I envy all those corporate capitalists, and especially those ethanol farmers, who buy from Cat and John Deere because they like paying a lot for equipment. I'm sure they jump into their subsidized Cessna Citation 10's every Friday and go to 11 Madison Park for supper at about $500 a head before wine.

https://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/ourrestaurant/

You do realize corporations employ people, don't you? You want everyone to be an employee of the government? That would work out well. Greece, anyone? I hear Santorini is lovely, if you can afford it, which very few Greeks can.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:52 pm
calourie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:49 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-chap ... 21794.html

I like it! They should not delete. I am a believer in second chances...also, since most of us own guns legally in Florida, the Po-Po don;t mess with us much; now as to illegal guns, that's a story for another day and you need to look at Miami-Dade and Broward.

As George Romney pointed out while marching in the 68 riots, we're (the US) going to have riots until we solve the reasons for the riots. Which means what you are saying, PB, in your promotion of business as usual, is that city burning riots every 10-20 years is okay by you. You are welcome to that point of view, I happen to have a different one.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

WOW......I love this video. instant classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhoR7kegkg
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/612832/

Well written article by General Petraeus I am sure it will rub a lot of US Army traditionalists the wrong way. He certainly is spot on with his observations about changing the names of these Army posts. It is about time to make it happen.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Do Minneapolis policy wear body cams? If so, why have we not seen the footage? We've only seen bystanders cell phone videos.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

calourie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:52 pm

As George Romney pointed out while marching in the 68 riots, we're (the US) going to have riots until we solve the reasons for the riots. Which means what you are saying, PB, in your promotion of business as usual, is that city burning riots every 10-20 years is okay by you. You are welcome to that point of view, I happen to have a different one.

We will keep having urban riots, provided Democrats keep stoking racial hatred, I agree.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm Do Minneapolis policy wear body cams? If so, why have we not seen the footage? We've only seen bystanders cell phone videos.
Some snippets were released with redactions shortly afterwards, mostly of what occurred before they tried to get Floyd into the squad vehicle. Now that there is a criminal case, I suspect we won't see much more until a trial begins.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm Do Minneapolis policy wear body cams? If so, why have we not seen the footage? We've only seen bystanders cell phone videos.

Ellison will not release the video because the rumor is the videos show Floyd resisting arrest and hitting the officers.
ggait

Post by ggait »

+1

POTUS has called up the National Guard himself (i.e. without action by the state governor) 12 times. 10 of those involved racial issues.

But Peter Brown says let's keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result!

Peter Brown also despicably and deplorably says that George Floyd's death was unrelated to the cop's knee.

And yet Peter Brown doesn't have the common decency to go away and crawl back under the bridge where he lives. He seems to revel in the disgust that decent people have for him. A very sick puppy.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”