Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:08 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:04 am I'm amazed that you can take in all this spin without getting disoriented. Time for you to throw your latest hero, Jeh Johnson under the bus.
Jeh's still my guy. He refused to take Andrea Mitchell's bait & said he wouldn't second guess the Secret Service for extending the WH perimeter fencing, since he no longer sees the latest threat stream intelligence.
WH Press Secretary says just said it was the burning of St. John's that prompted the decision to move the White House perimeter. She must be reading from your hymnal as well. Too bad, the church ...wait for it... is outside the expanded perimeter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johnson also said earlier in the day today - "Lafayette Park Was At Minimum An Abuse Of Authority"
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Now that the threat is over (Dear Leader told us so yesterday), why is Lafayette Square still fenced off?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:05 pm Because he was duly elected and the people who vote for him knew he would do these things, otherwise they would not have voted for him.
I guess that's it. Like hiring a new CEO and then standing by what he does, no matter what. Not how I operate in the world but I can understand how others would. Similar to the "this is my (political) team!"
Fandom.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:44 pm Now that the threat is over (Dear Leader told us so yesterday), why is Lafayette Square still fenced off?
The peaceful protesters need an appropriate surface upon which to affix their murals.
It's now an integral part of the BLM Plaza art gallery
DMac

Post by DMac »

What an absolutely inspiring couple the muslims are.
Kind of people I'd like to sit at a table with, with about
three dozen steamers and a bunch of melted butter and
a beer.
ggait

Post by ggait »

THAT is the gaslighting that's taking place.
OMFG Salty.

Barr is a lawyer. Partner in a big time law firm and also high ranking official in the DOJ.

In his career, Barr has prosecuted and defended lots of people for federal fraud. A good common sense definition of the legal standard for lies/fraud is as follows (so-called 10b-5 standard):

“Nothing I have said contains any untrue statement or omits to state a material fact necessary to make any of them, in light of the circumstances in which it was made, not misleading.”

The statements made by Barr and the other Trumpster are a total fail. They are 100% fraudulent. As a private citizen, you can do jail time for trying to pass off something like that as true.

Sheesh.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

OC = pepper spray/balls. They're extracted from naturally growing plants = peppers.
Yeah -- the feds were just lobbing jalapenos at the protesters. So they could put them in their burritos when they got home.

In a similar vein, a dealer selling heroin could say he's just selling "flowers." Since heroin is extracted from naturally growing plants, I guess it isn't a chemical?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:49 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:44 pm Now that the threat is over (Dear Leader told us so yesterday), why is Lafayette Square still fenced off?
The peaceful protesters need an appropriate surface upon which to affix their murals.
It's now an integral part of the BLM Plaza art gallery
Now that you’ve taught the mayor the appropriate procedure under DC law for renaming streets, I wonder if she will go thru the process to rename the portion of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House “Obama Plaza”?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:09 pm What an absolutely inspiring couple the muslims are.
Kind of people I'd like to sit at a table with, with about
three dozen steamers and a bunch of melted butter and
a beer.
Yes. Just good people. A friend of mine is from the East Tennessee Appalachian mountains. He has done very very well. He bought a cabin on a lake in the mountains of East Tennessee and said it is still a place you would not want to find yourself asking for help at night. I met some of his old friends. Hillbillies. I am from Hillbilly elegy country. I went to middle and high school with those folks. One set of hillbilly friends from HS saved me from a case of mistaken identity. Wrong place at the wrong time. Thank god they were bouncers. The people these guys had a beef with had left. Guys that worked in metal shops and bounced after high school were high guys I knew from sports.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I guess gasoline isn’t a chemical.

Since it is derived from naturally occurring petroleum?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Maybe we should have irradiated the protesters with plutonium? Rather than pelting them with organic jalapeños.

Since it is derived from naturally occurring uranium? So no problemo under the standards of chemistry professor Barr.

SMH old salty. SMH.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Apologies if I screw up the posting of this, but the WaPo has put together an interesting video of the events surrounding the clearing of the area near St. Johns Church on June 1. If I haven’t posted it properly, maybe someone who is better able to do that can post the video.

From this video, several things seem pretty clear. One, the clearing of the area was absolutely to create space for the photo op, not to put up the bigger fences around Lafayette Square.

Two, the protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful. They threw eggs, water bottles, and candy bars at the federales. Hadn’t heard the candy bars one before. If you look closely at the video, you can see Bill Barr bend down, pick up, and eat the candy bars. (OK, I’m funnin’ youse guys on that one.) No bricks or caustic liquids were observed being thrown by protesters in the video obtained by the Post.

Three, the authorities absolutely discharged a shItload of stuff. I appreciate the chemistry lessons that have been posted, but to me the most significant thing is that there were a number of discharges of a variety of what I will call very aggressive bad “stuff” into and around the crowd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 pmThree, the authorities absolutely discharged a shItload of stuff. I appreciate the chemistry lessons that have been posted, but to me the most significant thing is that there were a number of discharges of a variety of what I will call very aggressive bad “stuff” into and around the crowd.
Flash bang:

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 pm Apologies if I screw up the posting of this, but the WaPo has put together an interesting video of the events surrounding the clearing of the area near St. Johns Church on June 1. If I haven’t posted it properly, maybe someone who is better able to do that can post the video.

From this video, several things seem pretty clear. One, the clearing of the area was absolutely to create space for the photo op, not to put up the bigger fences around Lafayette Square.

Two, the protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful. They threw eggs, water bottles, and candy bars at the federales. Hadn’t heard the candy bars one before. If you look closely at the video, you can see Bill Barr bend down, pick up, and eat the candy bars. (OK, I’m funnin’ youse guys on that one.) No bricks or caustic liquids were observed being thrown by protesters in the video obtained by the Post.

Three, the authorities absolutely discharged a shItload of stuff. I appreciate the chemistry lessons that have been posted, but to me the most significant thing is that there were a number of discharges of a variety of what I will call very aggressive bad “stuff” into and around the crowd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Try https://www.washingtonpost.com/investi ... rc404=true
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Problem With ‘Pick a Knee’:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/ ... ssion=true
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Interesting program on today’s NPR’s Fresh Air. These are not stories I’ve heard of before, but none of it surprises me.

The Brutal History Of The Texas Rangers
Their exploits are portrayed in countless movies and TV shows, but author Doug Swanson says the law enforcement agency has a dark history of abuse and officially-sanctioned racial oppression — including burning villages, hunting runaway slaves and murdering Mexicans and Mexican-Americans. Swanson's book is 'Cult of Glory.'

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/08/87192984 ... as-rangers
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:34 pm Interesting program on today’s NPR’s Fresh Air. These are not stories I’ve heard of before, but none of it surprises me.

The Brutal History Of The Texas Rangers
Their exploits are portrayed in countless movies and TV shows, but author Doug Swanson says the law enforcement agency has a dark history of abuse and officially-sanctioned racial oppression — including burning villages, hunting runaway slaves and murdering Mexicans and Mexican-Americans. Swanson's book is 'Cult of Glory.'

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/08/87192984 ... as-rangers

James Michener wrote of those genocidal atrocities in his novel TEXAS.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ardilla secreta

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by ardilla secreta »

Starting salary for Columbus Ohio Police Officer: 58k
Requirements:
- high school GED
- possess a valid drivers license
- 6 month training

Starting salary for community crisis social worker in Columbus: 34k
Requirements:
- bachelors of social work
- licensure of social work( which can be lost if in any violation of code of ethics)
- continuing education units (inability will result of lost of license)
- insurance of license
- de-escalation training
- 3 years of experience
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 am Starting salary for Columbus Ohio Police Officer: 58k
Requirements:
- high school GED
- possess a valid drivers license
- 6 month training

Starting salary for community crisis social worker in Columbus: 34k
Requirements:
- bachelors of social work
- licensure of social work( which can be lost if in any violation of code of ethics)
- continuing education units (inability will result of lost of license)
- insurance of license
- de-escalation training
- 3 years of experience

Uh, oh, fellow conservatives. Yet another poster who can add and subtract. How many cities in the US blow 25%-40% on their entire budget on policing?

If some of you could take a step back, breathe, and think for a minute-------the idea of dismantling a poorly run union police dept. (not all are bad, of course) starts to make a ton of sense. You don't need to call two armed police officers when a neighbor's dog won't stop barking.

Anyone here know the cost per year of the average police officer. Not salary----the full cost to taxpayers...how much they have to blow?

$135,000. And that's the freaking average, not the high end. And that doesn't count administration and management.

And posters REALLY don't want to take a second look at how we spend that money when we get outcomes as horrific as the one in Minneapolis?

For reals?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Want mostly mediocre and a decent amount of inefficient, lazy, and occasionally downright terrible service? Look to any and all unionized industries.

They protect the worst performers and there are no incentives for those who are your best performers.

Put in your time each day and go home.

Put in your time each year and get your step.

Return to “POLITICS”