2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:28 am

The New York Times to many here at Fanlax (though not you, and I respect you for why you don't) is a bible. But even they are changing fast, handing over power to woke young totalitarian safety birdbrains.

“The Old Guard” vs “The New Guard.” A fight “between the (mostly young) wokes [and] the (mostly 40+) liberals”“The Old Guard lives by a set of principles we can broadly call civil libertarianism. They assumed they shared that worldview with the young people they hired who called themselves liberals and progressives. But it was an incorrect assumption.”

“The New Guard has a different worldview. They call it ‘safetyism,’ in which the right of people to feel emotionally and psychologically safe trumps what were previously considered core liberal values, like free speech.”

This new Democratic ethos is so backarsewards and so anti-American, and the train is accelerating, I don't think you will be able to stop it. And Biden's only choice will be to accept the madness, which will lead to a crushing defeat in November (made more painful by the obvious easy path he has right this second unless you want to examine what is actually occurring)

Dunno where this old vs new guard issue comes from or where it's going. Not only do I not give a schtt about the NY Slimes, I am not a Democrat so that I cannot answer for them.

As for the Democrats being anti-American, the record is much likelier to show it is the Republicans who are. Every time we have had economic disaster such as Great Depression, Great Recession, and today's mess, it is because a Republican was in the White House. The same party which created these catastrophes also financed the Bolsheviks and the Nazis thereby guaranteeing a state of perpetual war.

Re November, one thing's for sure and that's that if tRUMP "wins" again you can bet the Apocalypse will be just around the corner.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

The New York Times to many here at Fanlax (though not you, and I respect you for why you don't) is a bible. But even they are changing fast, handing over power to woke young totalitarian safety birdbrains.

“The Old Guard” vs “The New Guard.” A fight “between the (mostly young) wokes [and] the (mostly 40+) liberals”“The Old Guard lives by a set of principles we can broadly call civil libertarianism. They assumed they shared that worldview with the young people they hired who called themselves liberals and progressives. But it was an incorrect assumption.”

“The New Guard has a different worldview. They call it ‘safetyism,’ in which the right of people to feel emotionally and psychologically safe trumps what were previously considered core liberal values, like free speech.”

This new Democratic ethos is so backarsewards and so anti-American, and the train is accelerating, I don't think you will be able to stop it. And Biden's only choice will be to accept the madness, which will lead to a crushing defeat in November (made more painful by the obvious easy path he has right this second unless you want to examine what is actually occurring)

Dunno where this old vs new guard issue comes from or where it's going. Not only do I not give a schtt about the NY Slimes, I am not a Democrat so that I cannot answer for them.

As for the Democrats being anti-American, the record is much likelier to show it is the Republicans who are. Every time we have had economic disaster such as Great Depression, Great Recession, and today's mess, it is because a Republican was in the White House. The same party which created these catastrophes also financed the Bolsheviks and the Nazis thereby guaranteeing a state of perpetual war.

Re November, one thing's for sure and that's that if tRUMP "wins" again you can bet the Apocalypse will be just around the corner.

That apocalypse will only come from the Left. Honestly, there will surely be riots in the streets. If I owned a storefront in NYC or any liberal city, I for sure would clean out my inventory and any fixtures prior to that night cause we know for sure they will all be gone the next day.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Phooey.

The only reason we're closing to the Apocalypse is because of tRUMP and the treasonous stupidity of his regime.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Re November, one thing's for sure and that's that if Trump "wins" again you can bet the Apocalypse will be just around the corner.

Hopefully the US/CDN border will be open for the 2nd wave of Hollywood blow-hard migration were that the case.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:30 am
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

That apocalypse will only come from the Left. Honestly, there will surely be riots in the streets. If I owned a storefront in NYC or any liberal city, I for sure would clean out my inventory and any fixtures prior to that night cause we know for sure they will all be gone the next day.
The apocalypse may come from the left but the rapid drift and decline into a totalitarian and likely racist state will evidently be a result of the complicit nature of the right. Not a lot of long guns at the current protests except those monitored by the right, never the call for the militaristic dominating of the streets from our leaders when PB's hated democrats are in charge, never the extent of the firings of IGs and public servants who expose wrongdoing on the part of government officials than we have seen recently as orchestrated by our current supreme leader, never a department of justice with leadership so closely linked to the will of a President as we have seen since the appointment of Mr. Barr ... and so on. I suppose PB sees all the recent activity or lack of oversight attendant with that activity as part of an inexorable march to a better future. I don't happen to see it that way.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Does no one else notice the "interesting" Joe Biden ads on youtube.

"....I , I , I would like you to join my campaign... " says, Joe. Only Joe, when uttering these words, is kind of laughing out of one side of his mouth, like even HE doesn't believe he's still running. The body language is telling.

Oh, and.......he barely makes it through reading the words.......

a piece of wood, you guys said you would vote for. Well.....wishes do come true.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Those Lincoln guys.........BOOM!

and check this quote attributed to Gen, James Mattis. :lol: :lol:

“The only person in the military that Mr. Trump doesn’t think is overrated is … Colonel Sanders.”
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:54 am

Are the Lincoln boys (and by 'boys', I agree with that term!) now personally responsible for Covid deaths by praising large crowds? I keep forgetting if we are still supposed to care about the Covid virus, please tell!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:12 am

Are the Lincoln boys (and by 'boys', I agree with that term!) now personally responsible for Covid deaths by praising large crowds? I keep forgetting if we are still supposed to care about the Covid virus, please tell!
I can't find the picture, but in my Twitter feed a picture showed up a couple of days ago - two African American women, each with a sign. First sign read "We know this might lead to a second COVID-19 wave" while the second sign held by the other woman read "But we are trying to prevent the 450th wave of black killings."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:56 am

I can't find the picture, but in my Twitter feed a picture showed up a couple of days ago - two African American women, each with a sign. First sign read "We know this might lead to a second COVID-19 wave" while the second sign held by the other woman read "But we are trying to prevent the 450th wave of black killings."

I didn't realize 110,000 blacks were killed by police in the last 4 months (accelerating too!) but now that I do, I guess I have to agree with your post; clearly a greater threat than Covid.

Truth.jpg
Truth.jpg (79.86 KiB) Viewed 854 times
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:26 am

I didn't realize 110,000 blacks were killed by police in the last 4 months (accelerating too!) but now that I do, I guess I have to agree with your post; clearly a greater threat than Covid.

Truth.jpg
It is amazing when you show off your intelligence - the two women were referring to centuries of deaths - and you try to equate that with the last four months of total deaths (over all races) in the US from a disease. Talk about apples to oranges - this is apples to pickup trucks.

And the graph you put up actually shows the rate of police killings of black people well above the rate for others. (By 2x for AAs 25+, and 3x for <25).

The University of Florida must be proud.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

posted 2x
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:26 am

Truth.jpg
It is amazing when you show off your intelligence - the two women were referring to centuries of deaths - and you try to equate that with the last four months of total deaths (over all races) in the US from a disease. Talk about apples to oranges - this is apples to pickup trucks.

And the graph you put up actually shows the rate of police killings of black people well above the rate for others. (By 2x for AAs 25+, and 3x for <25).

The University of Florida must be proud.

Wow, that's so weird that police might respond to actual statistical anomalies!

Homicide.png
Homicide.png (74.2 KiB) Viewed 836 times

We need to defund the police and see where the chips fall!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

PB - have you ever considered that the militarization of communities by the police along with the easy availability of weapons has something to do with that situation?

Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?

No - I think you just would rather deflect and refuse to deal with the actual problems. Keep those uppity folks in line.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am PB - have you ever considered that the militarization of communities by the police along with the easy availability of weapons has something to do with that situation?

Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?

No - I think you just would rather deflect and refuse to deal with the actual problems. Keep those uppity folks in line.

Let’s just defund the police and then crime will drop.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:08 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am PB - have you ever considered that the militarization of communities by the police along with the easy availability of weapons has something to do with that situation?

Like I said - you deflect and deflect. No real ideas on how to really help.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Too bad you can't tell that to Latasha Shaw. I don't know what wave she was in. Due to the no snitch rules, her black community where she lived did not give a chit about her murder. BTW, that was also my community. I lived 3 blocks from where she was beaten to death in the middle of Driving Park Avenue. 50 people witnessed her murder and not a damn one of them was willing to tell the police anything. Black Lives Matter unless your a black life named Latasha Shaw. Then nobody gives a chit. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:08 am

Like I said - you deflect and deflect. No real ideas on how to really help.

I don't buy your (Democrats') premise that police are the only problem. You want qualified immunity removed for cops? remove it for prosecutors too. Remove it for teachers. remove it for all government employees of any stripe including Brook's IRS.

Even the playing field; because in your woke mania to hang cops, you're purposely skipping past equal opportunity offenders from all manners of government.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

"Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?"

Then why was it during the years of the great depression the country was not inundated with crime and protests? Everybody was poor, every family was struggling. They dealt with the situation as best they could. They did not go out and steal and loot and rob people. IMO the big difference was in my parents generation of poverty you still played by the rules. There was a different sense of morality and common decency among the people struggling just to make ends meet. That in the 30s was a survival mentality which today has been replaced by an entitlement mentality.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”