Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by njbill »

Not a Romney fan, but you really have to give it to the guy. He knows how to get under Trump’s skin about as well as anyone. Payback is a b i t c h.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Here ya go bill & Kismet. AG Barr answers many of our questions.
The CS canister found by WUSA was used last Sun night to clear a path through the rioters on H St so the FD could get to the fires in St John's church & the other historic building which was burned out. He confirms that only pepper balls were used on Mon.
Among other distortions, CBS changes "not support" to "opposed". It was clear from the context that Esper meant "not support (at this point" as he ordered active duty troops staged nearby, just in case. If he was categorically opposed to ever using the Insurrection Act, he would not have ordered those troops to pre-position.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:34 am
I'm amazed that you seem so unconcerned about the threat posed by 100k-200k protesters descending upon DC this weekend.

Set aside the public health risk, which makes a mockery of all the sacrifices the American people have made over the past 3 mos.

The creatiion of BLM plaza is a magnet, funneling protesters straight at the WH. It is as provocative as any of Trump's rhetoric or photo ops.
It is the perfect location to mass rioters to threaten the WH.

NYC has finally awakened & is maintaining a curfew through the wk end.
Perfectly timed thunderstorms helped dampen DC unrest the past 2 nights since the curfew was lifted on Thurs.

DC's Mayor has lifted the curfew, is trying to evict NG troops, & is objecting to the deployment of Fed law enforcement officers.

Since the early inadequate response by DC Police, Barr & Esper have resourcefully marshaled Fed law enforcement & National Guard assets to protect the WH & other Fed buildings, property & monuments. If rioters breach the fence & enter Laf Pk, things could devolve quickly.

This is a high risk maneuver by Mayor Bowser. If DC burns this wk end, it's on her.

What happens in DC this wk end, & BLM plaza in particular, will tell us how peaceful these protests are intended to be.

I'm hoping for the best & that you're right that any threat has dissipated, but I fear the worst.

There are assertions all over the internet that claim BLM is behind the riots and chaos we've seen in the cities. As always, no evidence has been presented to prove these ridiculous claims. BLM is a 501(c)(3) organization that enjoys tax exempt status:

Black Lives Matter Foundation. Black Lives Matter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit fiscally sponsored by Thousand Currents.
Tax ID: 47-4143254
Fiscal Sponser: Thousand Currents

If it was involved in illegal activity it would lose its special exemption in a minute, especially with the moron-in-chief in the White House. Therefore, rest assured it has not nor will it make any move that will cause the government to remove this status.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

For what it's worth...

old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:34 am
I'm amazed that you seem so unconcerned about the threat posed by 100k-200k protesters descending upon DC this weekend.

Set aside the public health risk, which makes a mockery of all the sacrifices the American people have made over the past 3 mos.

The creatiion of BLM plaza is a magnet, funneling protesters straight at the WH. It is as provocative as any of Trump's rhetoric or photo ops.
It is the perfect location to mass rioters to threaten the WH.

NYC has finally awakened & is maintaining a curfew through the wk end.
Perfectly timed thunderstorms helped dampen DC unrest the past 2 nights since the curfew was lifted on Thurs.

DC's Mayor has lifted the curfew, is trying to evict NG troops, & is objecting to the deployment of Fed law enforcement officers.

Since the early inadequate response by DC Police, Barr & Esper have resourcefully marshaled Fed law enforcement & National Guard assets to protect the WH & other Fed buildings, property & monuments. If rioters breach the fence & enter Laf Pk, things could devolve quickly.

This is a high risk maneuver by Mayor Bowser. If DC burns this wk end, it's on her.

What happens in DC this wk end, & BLM plaza in particular, will tell us how peaceful these protests are intended to be.

I'm hoping for the best & that you're right that any threat has dissipated, but I fear the worst.
There are assertions all over the internet that claim BLM is behind the riots and chaos we've seen in the cities. As always, no evidence has been presented to prove these ridiculous claims. BLM is a 501(c)(3) organization that enjoys tax exempt status:

Black Lives Matter Foundation. Black Lives Matter Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit fiscally sponsored by Thousand Currents.
Tax ID: 47-4143254
Fiscal Sponser: Thousand Currents

If it was involved in illegal activity it would lose its special exemption in a minute, especially with the moron-in-chief in the White House. Therefore, rest assured it has not nor will it make any move that will cause the government to remove this status.
What does that have to do with my post which you quoted ?
My only mention of BLM was the Mayor using it to rename a street.
Did the BLM 501(c)(3) Tax ID: 47-4143254 buy the yellow paint ? Was it a charitable contribution ?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:41 pm
Did the BLM 501(c)(3) Tax ID: 47-4143254 buy the yellow paint ? Was it a charitable contribution ?

In case you hadn't noticed, you repeat the word "threat" within the context of BLM several times.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:32 pm For what it's worth...
I still have that album.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:41 pm
In case you hadn't noticed, you repeat the word "threat" within the context of BLM several times.
My only mention of BLM is the name of the plaza.
Never in the same paragraph as "threat".
Is English your primary language ?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:32 pm For what it's worth...

HRzOiMv4iTI

Now let's see all the forum right wingers condemn this government abuse of the people and its violation of the Constitution. Let's also seem them demand that people exercise their 2d Amendment rights to the utmost to bring about justice.

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath waiting.

njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 pm Here ya go bill & Kismet. AG Barr answers many of our questions.
The CS canister found by WUSA was used last Sun night to clear a path through the rioters on H St so the FD could get to the fires in St John's church & the other historic building which was burned out. He confirms that only pepper balls were used on Mon.
Among other distortions, CBS changes "not support" to "opposed". It was clear from the context that Esper meant "not support (at this point" as he ordered active duty troops staged nearby, just in case. If he was categorically opposed to ever using the Insurrection Act, he would not have ordered those troops to pre-position.
In the local TV footage which someone has linked (maybe you), one of the reporters said at least one of the canisters was still hot which obviously means it had been used during the Monday event.

Barr is usually a clever liar. I’m surprised he made such a basic mistake here given the video and audio evidence disapproving what he said.

But whether the feds used pepper balls or tear gas or some other similar substance on Monday, Barr is now admitting at least pepper balls were used. And of course there is clear video footage that the authorities aggressively tried to push the crowd back.

Hard to believe any of this was legal. Even if marginally so, it certainly was inappropriate to forcibly remove peaceful protesters exercising their First Amendment rights, using pepper balls, to enable Trump’s campaign photo op which, itself, was illegal as violative of the curfew.

If there are protesters at Trump campaign events this fall, is he going to use tear gas and aggressive crowd clearing measures?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Yeah like BLM is not responsible for the creation of BLM Plaza while its people are there as possible "threats".

old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:52 pm
Yeah like BLM is not responsible for the creation of BLM Plaza while its people are there as possible "threats".
As I said, the Mayor named the Plaza. I never mentioned any BLM people.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Is it true Trump wanted to paint “White Lives Matter” on Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House? Jared told him to wait until they could copyright the phrase.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:50 pm I still have that album.
Good album, but I always thought the group was overrated. But, boy, did they strike the right tone at the exact right moment with that song and Ohio.

Both songs were mentioned in tonight’s Laurel Canyon episode on Epix.

Tidbit from last week’s episode: Stephen Stills tried out for the Monkeys, but didn’t get the job. He suggested his roommate, Peter Tork, audition.
Last edited by njbill on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:19 am
As I said, the Mayor named the Plaza. I never mentioned any BLM people.

Not one person there was a threat except for the jack booted thugs who use batons, tear gas, and kick people around.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Copenhagen shows how to control "riots":

https://twitter.com/AstridAller/status/ ... 8729555968

Not one cop in sight. All remains in peace.

old salt

Post by old salt »

Last edited by old salt on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:10 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 pm Here ya go bill & Kismet. AG Barr answers many of our questions.
In the local TV footage which someone has linked (maybe you), one of the reporters said at least one of the canisters was still hot which obviously means it had been used during the Monday event.

Barr is usually a clever liar. I’m surprised he made such a basic mistake here given the video and audio evidence disapproving what he said.

But whether the feds used pepper balls or tear gas or some other similar substance on Monday, Barr is now admitting at least pepper balls were used. And of course there is clear video footage that the authorities aggressively tried to push the crowd back.

Hard to believe any of this was legal. Even if marginally so, it certainly was inappropriate to forcibly remove peaceful protesters exercising their First Amendment rights, using pepper balls, to enable Trump’s campaign photo op which, itself, was illegal as violative of the curfew.

If there are protesters at Trump campaign events this fall, is he going to use tear gas and aggressive crowd clearing measures?
It was a WUSA clip which I posted. The OC canister is the only one you see the reporter holding in the street. He didn't show the CS canister in real time or say which canister was warm. There was never any denial that pepper balls were used. That was admitted from the start, in response to the tear gas accusations. The CS Speed Heat canisters appear to have serial# or lot# markings. That might be helpful in determining who used them & when.
Barr said the protesters were " a rowdy non-compliant crowd, throwing projectiles at the police." If they were throwing projectiles at the police, it was appropriate to move them back & disperse them.
The perimeter needed to be moved back before dark. The protesters did not respond to the calls to move back & started throwing objects.
You could see fireworks thrown which panicked the crowd.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Didn’t take the time to re-look at that local TV footage, but my recollection is the message the reporter clearly was trying to communicate was that he, or his team, had picked up a warm canister which clearly had been used on Monday.

I’m not aware that the protesters were throwing anything early Monday evening. If so, it was de minimus.

Why did the perimeter need to be moved back? Answer: it didn’t. The only reason it “needed” to be “moved” was because Trump wanted to go over to the church.

The authorities started moving the crowd around 6:30, which was almost 2 hours before dark. So I don’t buy the “before dark” explanation. Plus this was 30 minutes before the curfew so the pushing back had nothing to do with that, either. You can’t remove somebody for violating the curfew 30 minutes before the curfew incepts.

It’s obvious they were moving the crowd for one reason and one reason only: to create space for Trump to walk through Lafayette Square for his illegal campaign photo op.

How can it possibly be legal to engage in these crowd control measures to enable an illegal activity?

If the protesters who filed suit had not gotten unlucky with the wheel, I think their case would have some real legs.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:27 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:50 pm I still have that album.
Good album, but I always thought the group was overrated. But, boy, did they strike the right tone at the exact right moment with that song and Ohio.

Both songs were mentioned in tonight’s Laurel Canyon episode on Epix.

Tidbit from last week’s episode: Stephen Stills tried out for the Monkeys, but didn’t get the job. He suggested his roommate, Peter Tork, audition.
The best Skipper I ever had was a fighter pilot who had been CO of Top Gun when it was still at Miramar, near San Diego, around the time the movie was made. I was his XO in his next Command a few years later. Somehow, he had become friends with Stephen Stills. He had some great stories. An unlikely duo, but kindred spirits.

Return to “POLITICS”