2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 pmAs I understand it, Milley is not in the chain of command.
CJCS is not in the operational coc. He's the primary military advisor to POTUS & SecDef. In reality, CJCS is most President's primary liason with the military. POTUS usually seeks CJCS advice on all things military, then issues operational commands (of active duty forces) to theater Commanders.
It's a little more complicated for the National Guard , depending on whether or not they've been Federalized. This explains :
https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Docu ... 10001p.pdf
Thx. Multiple news reports that the DCNG has been federalized and is under operational command of the Secretary of the Army. That's why ArmySec is investigating the low flying DCNG helo cowboys and why the Mayor is asking same to recall and turn over back to MPD.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I wonder how the ‘Defund the Police’ policy of the DNC will play with normal Americans?

Looks like the entirety of New York City is boarded up, so the economy there will take some time to recover. If the Dems get their wish to defund the police, isn’t it logical that businesses will never reopen?
DMac

Post by DMac »

No.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:41 amNo.

Let the board know how it turns out when you call 911 as someone is trying to break into your house. Thx!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Democrats are flirting with disaster, as Molly Hatchet once sang. Lyrics are quite prescient.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. ~Livy
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:37 am I wonder how the ‘Defund the Police’ policy of the DNC will play with normal Americans?

Looks like the entirety of New York City is boarded up, so the economy there will take some time to recover. If the Dems get their wish to defund the police, isn’t it logical that businesses will never reopen?
DeBlasio is proposing a Billion dollar cut to the law enforcement budget.

That way when DeBlasios daughter throws a rock at a cop she won't even have to go through the laughable concept of a booking. No bail law in NY and the NYC attorney general says he won't even prosecute low level crimes.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:55 am

Let the board know how it turns out when you call 911 as someone is trying to break into your house. Thx!
You said businesses, not residences.
I won't be calling 911 if someone breaks into my house. The coroner maybe, but I don't count on the police to protect me. Store owners can do the same so my answer is still no.
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colin-powell ... 27113.html

Here's someone else for PB to denigrate. Of course Powell is a priori as ignorant as they come because he is going to cast his vote for a democrat.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:37 am I wonder how the ‘Defund the Police’ policy of the DNC will play with normal Americans?

The DNC convention has not occurred, will take place in 2 months, and its platform has not been announced. So what policy are you referring to?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 am

That way when DeBlasios daughter throws a rock at a cop she won't even have to go through the laughable concept of a booking. No bail law in NY and the NYC attorney general says he won't even prosecute low level crimes.
de Blasidiot needs to make cuts across the board in many areas in the face of the expected city deficit. LE will be easy pickings for him. It's the other areas of the budget where he'll really struggle due to his political nature. He can only tax the wealthy in NY so much, or so he will learn.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:55 am

Don't you own a firearm, Peter Brown? I do.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:35 am

Why is this news?
"It was simply an accounting error."

"You did read the fine print on your 401k plan, right?"

Chase bank nevah commits no crimes. Not evah. Goldman saks..........flawless.

carry on.......low level crime commitors.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:29 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:39 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:04 pmAs I understand it, Milley is not in the chain of command.
CJCS is not in the operational coc. He's the primary military advisor to POTUS & SecDef. In reality, CJCS is most President's primary liason with the military. POTUS usually seeks CJCS advice on all things military, then issues operational commands (of active duty forces) to theater Commanders.
It's a little more complicated for the National Guard , depending on whether or not they've been Federalized. This explains :
https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Docu ... 10001p.pdf
Thx. Multiple news reports that the DCNG has been federalized and is under operational command of the Secretary of the Army. That's why ArmySec is investigating the low flying DCNG helo cowboys and why the Mayor is asking same to recall and turn over back to MPD.
Unlike state NG's, The DC NG is always under the operational command of the Secretary of the Army. The DC Mayor or government is never in their chain of command. The President is always the CinC of the DC NG, as opposed to the State NG's who must be activated by their Governor, unless they're "federalized", which recalls them to active duty & they become active duty forces acting (& funded/paid) under Title 10, rather than Title 32 (which governs/funds them when under state command). For the DC NG, the President has the same powers as the Governors do over their State NG's. For the DC NG, that authority is delegated to the Sec Def to the Sec of Army.

I think what's been done so far, is all NG ops have been under Title 32, in both DC & the states. In DC, it would be DC NG augmented by state NG troops sent to DC under mutual aid agreements, which all states, territories & DC maintain for their NG units.
https://www.military.com/benefits/reser ... rders.html
Guard members may also be ordered to active duty solely by command of their state's governor. This is known as "State Active Duty" or "State Call Up" and generally is in response to state-level disasters. When ordered to State Active Duty or Title 32 orders, Guard members may be granted the ability to act in a law enforcement capacity; this is prohibited when they are activated under Title 10 unless authorized by Congress.
Active duty, Regular Army troops were brought in & garrisoned at Ft McNair, Ft Belvoir, & Joint Base Andrews as a contingency, but were never used. Their use would have required the invocation of the Insurrection Act. The Old Guard ceremonial guard unit at Arlington Cemetery is also an active duty infantry unit which could have been used. They're stationed in N VA, across the river from DC.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:53 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/colin-powell ... 27113.html

Here's someone else for PB to denigrate. Of course Powell is a priori as ignorant as they come because he is going to cast his vote for a democrat.
Here's an alternative history scenario to ponder -- GHW Bush is re-elected in '92, then succeeded for 2 terms by Pres Colin Powell.

That's what many of us in uniform were hoping for in '92, when Bush invoked the Insurrection Act & Powell ordered in the Marines from Camp Pendelton to help quell the Rodney King riots in So Cal, at the request of Gov Pete Wilson who feared his National Guard was insufficient for the task.

Just imagine what a great succession of Presidents & Commanders in Chief they would have been.

This is the new US Army HQ Command Post in Germany which Gen Powell referenced.
https://www.ausa.org/news/army-activate ... adquarters
This is the US troop withdrawl from Germany he referenced.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5014 ... -misguided
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:59 pm

The DNC convention has not occurred, will take place in 2 months, and its platform has not been announced. So what policy are you referring to?

If you don’t want to acknowledge what’s happening, feel free! Jacob Frey got chased away from a rally yesterday because he wouldn’t say ‘defund the police’.

The left is on a scary totalitarian bent, fellas. The NYT fires their two editorial page editors today because they printed an op-ed (an opinion!!! :lol: ) from Tom Cotton. If you say ‘all lives matter’ and own a restaurant, it’ll get burned down.

What a crew.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pmThe left is on a scary totalitarian bent, fellas. The NYT fires their two editorial page editors today because they printed an op-ed (an opinion!!! :lol: ) from Tom Cotton. If you say ‘all lives matter’ and own a restaurant, it’ll get burned down.

What a crew.
:shock: ...the NYT is setting up the guillotine in their lobby.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pmThe left is on a scary totalitarian bent, fellas. The NYT fires their two editorial page editors today because they printed an op-ed (an opinion!!! :lol: ) from Tom Cotton. If you say ‘all lives matter’ and own a restaurant, it’ll get burned down.

What a crew.
:shock: ...the NYT is setting up the guillotine in their lobby.

What I’m curious about is how any sane American can support these totalitarian lunatics. Seriously, what the heck are the left doing?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pm

If you don’t want to acknowledge what’s happening, feel free! Jacob Frey got chased away from a rally yesterday because he wouldn’t say ‘defund the police’.

The left is on a scary totalitarian bent, fellas. The NYT fires their two editorial page editors today because they printed an op-ed (an opinion!!! :lol: ) from Tom Cotton. If you say ‘all lives matter’ and own a restaurant, it’ll get burned down.

What a crew.

LOL. It wasn't as if a lynch mob chased him. All they did was to say "shame" for his refusal to endorse the defunding of those Gestapo cops.

As for the NY Slimes I heard those 2 resigned, not fired. Those who have been with us since the LP days I don't give much of a schtt for those pro war Islamophobic pieces of mierda who more often than not are nothing more than Fox network agents.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm What I’m curious about is how any sane American can support these totalitarian lunatics. Seriously, what the heck are the left doing?

Funny that you use the term totalitarian while ignoring tRUMP's threats to usurp his proper role by using federal jack booted thugs in the cities. Seig heil tRUMP!

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pm

What a crew.

LOL. It wasn't as if a lynch mob chased him. All they did was to say "shame" for his refusal to endorse the defunding of those Gestapo cops.

As for the NY Slimes I heard those 2 resigned, not fired. Those who have been with us since the LP days I don't give much of a schtt for those pro war Islamophobic pieces of mierda who more often than not are nothing more than Fox network agents.

The New York Times to many here at Fanlax (though not you, and I respect you for why you don't) is a bible. But even they are changing fast, handing over power to woke young totalitarian safety birdbrains.

“The Old Guard” vs “The New Guard.” A fight “between the (mostly young) wokes [and] the (mostly 40+) liberals”“The Old Guard lives by a set of principles we can broadly call civil libertarianism. They assumed they shared that worldview with the young people they hired who called themselves liberals and progressives. But it was an incorrect assumption.”

“The New Guard has a different worldview. They call it ‘safetyism,’ in which the right of people to feel emotionally and psychologically safe trumps what were previously considered core liberal values, like free speech.”

This new Democratic ethos is so backarsewards and so anti-American, and the train is accelerating, I don't think you will be able to stop it. And Biden's only choice will be to accept the madness, which will lead to a crushing defeat in November (made more painful by the obvious easy path he has right this second unless you want to examine what is actually occurring)

Return to “POLITICS”