Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:56 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

Police filed a report that he tripped, then video comes out that he's pushed.

Then you have people saying it's fake? :lol: :roll: The man is literally in the hospital in serious but stable condition. I guess the first responders and doctors were in on it too and hid or didn't find the blood packets.

The man made a bad decision of trying to be nice and hand the police back their helmet.
Look at the end of the clip. He's stumbling backward, out of the frame. The clip does not show the entire fall.
This has two videos of the fall. Watch the second half...

You know what is really weird?
That so many jerks doubt their own eyes when something doesn't fit their 'belief'...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:00 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

Then you have people saying it's fake? :lol: :roll: The man is literally in the hospital in serious but stable condition. I guess the first responders and doctors were in on it too and hid or didn't find the blood packets.

The man made a bad decision of trying to be nice and hand the police back their helmet.
Look at the end of the clip. He's stumbling backward, out of the frame. The clip does not show the entire fall.

You know what is really weird?
That so many jerks doubt their own eyes when something doesn't fit their 'belief'...
He may have had too much to drink.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

What's he doing with his phone in his R hand. Taking a picture of the cop's face or their badge.
I hope the police were wearing operating body cams.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm Trump took a lot of grief for his conf call with Governors on Mon, when he told them to "dominate". If you want to really understand whats happening between the Fed govt & the states, take the time to read the transcript of the conf call --
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics ... index.html
lots of good details, positive stuff, which the MSM ignores or distorts.
Trump is repetitive, inarticulate & maddening, but his message is solid.
He's encouraging the Governors to use their Guard units, which DoD is prepared to help then do.
Note the specific feedback from the Governors & the positive things they say about the Guard.
Particularly good is Gov Walz (MN). I heard it on CSPAN radio. Bad connection, lots of (INAUDIBLE) drop outs.
Embedded in his text, but not labeled, is input from Gen Milley, who provides good info about the NG.
Gov Walz also praised Sec Esper for his support & advice.
Lots of good info from Gov Hogan (MD) too.
The MSM is painting a distorted picture on the use of the NG & Fed agencies.
hmmm, I guess GOP Gov Baker must have been on a different call? :roll:
And Trump really didn't tweet what he tweeted and he really didn't do that whole charade in front of the cameras and then create a campaign ad...no, you can't trust your lying eyes and ears...believe Trump...believe Salty... :lol:
Kindly show us the words to which you refer.
You've read the transcript, which followed tweets about sending in military, using the Insurrection Act etc. Lots and lots of bellicose language from Trump. He didn't go to that threat in the call itself. But his demeanor, all the "domination" stuff was crystal clear. And then he fully clarified from the Rose Garden.
How do you feel about Cuomo threatening to remove DeBlassio from office & sending the NG into NYC ?
Sounds outrageous. I've been off the inter webs and tv most of the day, so will need to catch up...will get back to you.

I'm not a fan of DeBlasio...but 'remove from office' doesn't sound like that's in the Governor's tool chest. NG is, though, as I understand it.

EDIT: ok, this appears to be what Cuomo said, per CNBC article:

“Can you displace a mayor? Yes. A mayor can be removed. It has not happened. I can’t find a precedent. But theoretically it is legally possible,” Cuomo said at one point. “It is a bizarre thing to try to do in this situation. I think it would make a bad situation worse. Also, I don’t think it’s necessary, because I believe the NYPD can do this, because the NYPD has done this.”

Is that actually a "threat"?
I guess so, but Cuomo seems to agree that it's not a good idea...
Stop me before I kill again.
I don't follow your analogy.
Cuomo has not replaced a mayor before... as in "kill again"...

Is Cuomo actually threatening the Mayor's removal?
Maybe so, I'm willing to buy that it's a veiled (if empty) threat...

But in the same breath he appears quite aware how out of the box such a notion would be to even "try to do it in this situation", indeed "bizarre". And then he explicitly says he thinks "it would make a bad situation worse" and then that it's not "necessary".

So, musings at most.

But yeah, I don't think it's appropriate. And he certainly seems to understand that in the very next sentence...so, I dunno that anyone would take it as actually a serious threat.

If your point is that no one took Trump seriously...well, there sure are a whole bunch of military folks who did.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:04 pm

What's he doing with his phone in his R hand. Taking a picture of the cop's face or their badge.
If so, shame on him. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:04 pm

I hope the police were wearing operating body cams.
Probably breaking the law
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

If the cops really filed a report that said the guy fell because he tripped, maybe they were suspended for filing a false report. That would seem justified.

Still lots to learn about this incident, but what constitutes reasonable force against an average adult male, or an NFL offensive tackle, or a rather frail 75-year-old man is markedly different. Here, the cop pushed the man and he fell and struck his head on cement. Scary. The cop owns this.

One would hope cops are trained not to push elderly people. EVER.

I have a lot of problems with this phenomenon whereby the cops line up in full riot gear, sometimes linking arms, and then march into a crowd of non-violent protesters. Why? To clear the streets? Please. Seems to me that that is only justified in the most extreme of circumstances.

We have seen many, many videos of late of cops simply wading into crowds, pushing them around, using force, sometimes excessively, for no apparent legitimate reason. And please don’t give me it is necessary to clear the streets. Baloney.

At least the Park Police finally admitted today that they did use tear gas or its equivalent to clear H St, though that appears to be only after a local TV station caught them with their pants down by producing video evidence of used canisters that has been picked up on H St. A day late and a dollar short, but it is encouraging to see at least one arm of the Trump Gestapo telling the truth.

And while I am on this rant, I hope that we now see rubber bullets outlawed.
Last edited by njbill on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DC Mayor evicts Utah NG troops from their hotel rooms, after 4 straight all night shifts.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... -dc-hotel/
Demands all NG troops leave DC, with 100-200k protesters expected this weekend.
Renames street fronting the WH Black Lives Matter Plaza & paints BLACK LIVES MATTER in block letters the width of the street.
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/d-c-city- ... 4482629755
njbill

Post by njbill »

The paint job is on 16th between K and H Streets. It is not on any street abutting the White House unless we are now calling the illegally annexed Lafayette Square to be part of White House property.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:42 pm The paint job is on 16th between K and H Streets. It is not on any street abutting the White House unless we are now calling the illegally annexed Lafayette Square to be part of White House property.
It's 16th St which ends at the fence around Laf Pk, leading straight at the WH.
You can see the WH in the video of the street being painted.
It's the closest point the protesters can get, with a view of the WH, for their video & photo ops.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, your initial post said it was painted on a street “fronting the WH.” It’s not.

What you said would be true if Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House had been painted, but that’s not the case.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 pm Yes, your initial post said it was painted on a street “fronting the WH.” It’s not.
The S end of 16th St, now Black Lives Matter Plaza, fronts the WH, looking across Lafayette Sq.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:51 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 pm Yes, your initial post said it was painted on a street “fronting the WH.” It’s not.
The S end of 16th St, now Black Lives Matter Plaza, fronts the WH, looking across Lafayette Sq.
How'd the Mayor get around this ?
https://code.dccouncil.us/dc/council/co ... V/parts/C/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 pm ... DON"T GET ONTO A COPS FACE.

Unless you are an angry white right winger:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

That is incorrect. The south end of 16th St. does not front the White House. The south end of 16th St. terminates at the north edge of Lafayette Square.

The street mural is on 16th St. The southern-most edge of the mural is still on 16th St., fairly close to, but not right at, the intersection with H St. I would estimate that the closest section of the mural is about 750 feet from the closest part of the White House property and probably 1000 feet from the White House, itself.

I am very familiar with this area. I worked at Connecticut and K for 10 years.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 pm
In front of Cap. Hilton, LIUNA, AFLCIO, Hay Adams,

Last edited by youthathletics on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

100k-200k protesters this wk end, packed into newly designated BLM Plaza = the ultimate Covid super spreader event.

Glad we surrendered our freedoms of movement & assembly for the past 3 mos, & destroyed our economy, to pisz it all away, for this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 pm
The D.C. Code sections you cite refer to the introduction of legislation. I’m not aware that she introduced any legislation. Perhaps she has other authority to do what she did.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:24 pm 100k-200k protesters this wk end, packed into newly designated BLM Plaza = the ultimate Covid super spreader event.

Glad we surrendered our freedoms of movement & assembly for the past 3 mos, & destroyed our economy, to pisz it all away, for this.
We just opened up The country like Trump suggested. Did you see the stock market today?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”