Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 pm The entire 57 member Buffalo PD Emergency Response Team has resigned in support of the two suspended officers. To clarify, they have resigned from the ERT, not the police department.

Apparently they believe pushing a 75 yo man to a head cracking Is OK.
Had he been a former paratrooper the man would have instinctively done a dynamite PLF. I never advise getting up into cops grill to chat about anything in the middle of a riot. I don't know what the man said, I don't know what he did to tick off the cop. I saw the shove and I saw him fall. It looked to me, and I only saw it once that the cop pushed him out of being in his face and the man fell backwards. This cop did not know this guy from beeswax. A 75 year old guy can have a handgun and shoot you just as dead as a 20 year old. IMO there were 2 things at play here that were wrong. In the middle of a riot... DON"T GET ONTO A COPS FACE. The cop probably could have used better restraint. I am guessing that not knowing what this mans intentions might have been predicated the cops actions. Hypothetically had the old guy shot the cop in the head, BFD, the cop probably deserved it. There is a saying in law enforcement for situations like this. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:09 pm Hey! Someone gets it. Thanks Get it to X. This is an ENORMOUS opportunity.

I've said many, many times that government employees should NOT be able to unionize.

"I've said many, many times that government employees should NOT be able to unionize."

I bet you a steak dinner you would never say that to anybody at the annual CSEA picnic. ;)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 pm The entire 57 member Buffalo PD Emergency Response Team has resigned in support of the two suspended officers. To clarify, they have resigned from the ERT, not the police department.

Had he been a former paratrooper the man would have instinctively done a dynamite PLF. I never advise getting up into cops grill to chat about anything in the middle of a riot. I don't know what the man said, I don't know what he did to tick off the cop. I saw the shove and I saw him fall. It looked to me, and I only saw it once that the cop pushed him out of being in his face and the man fell backwards. This cop did not know this guy from beeswax. A 75 year old guy can have a handgun and shoot you just as dead as a 20 year old. IMO there were 2 things at play here that were wrong. In the middle of a riot... DON"T GET ONTO A COPS FACE. The cop probably could have used better restraint. I am guessing that not knowing what this mans intentions might have been predicated the cops actions. Hypothetically had the old guy shot the cop in the head, BFD, the cop probably deserved it. There is a saying in law enforcement for situations like this. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 pm

MAGA
One slight difference skippy.

The Buffalo cops are out there to provide the space and safety for protestors to protest.

In Hong Kong the "Police" there to take the right away from the protestors. See the difference.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm

MAGA

The Buffalo cops are out there to provide the space and safety for protestors to protest.

In Hong Kong the "Police" there to take the right away from the protestors. See the difference.

MAGA
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:07 pm Fifty years of democrat rule in Minneapolis. A black Police chief and a black Attorney general. Hows my team gonna fix this problem.
Well for one, your guy is in the White House. To say he has a ton of power, is an understatement. You also have the Senate, and a House that would be overjoyed to help fix these issues if you decided to do it.

Trump and your R's (and D's) already worked with BLM to pass the prison reform bill. And guess who praised him for that? And for every positive thing he has done.

These opportunities are sitting right there for your party. All you have to do is stop complaining about libs, and work the problem. You claim your party is better than Dems? Great news! Show voters you've got the solutions!
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:07 pm Tried to fix 5 decades of democrat failure by electing Trump.

All you do is bytch about him.
And the Dems tried to fix 5 decades of Republican failure by elected Obama. And all you did was bytch about him.

Electing a guy with a R by his name does diddly, 6ft, any more than elected a guy with a D by his name. I have no idea why you would think that those stupid little letters fix a single solitary thing.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:07 pm Fifty years of democrat rule in Minneapolis. A black Police chief and a black Attorney general. Hows my team gonna fix this problem.
Well for one, your guy is in the White House. To say he has a ton of power, is an understatement. You also have the Senate, and a House that would be overjoyed to help fix these issues if you decided to do it.

Trump and your R's (and D's) already worked with BLM to pass the prison reform bill. And guess who praised him for that? And for every positive thing he has done.

These opportunities are sitting right there for your party. All you have to do is stop complaining about libs, and work the problem. You claim your party is better than Dems? Great news! Show voters you've got the solutions!
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:07 pm Tried to fix 5 decades of democrat failure by electing Trump.

All you do is bytch about him.
And the Dems tried to fix 5 decades of Republican failure by elected Obama. And all you did was bytch about him.

Electing a guy with a R by his name does diddly, 6ft, any more than elected a guy with a D by his name. I have no idea why you would think that those stupid little letters fix a single solitary thing.
You myopically have forgotten the country was SAFER STRONGER and RICHER than ever before just 3 months ago.MAGA

Under Barry—not so much.

Liberal progressive democrats were snuggly comfortable in the their cities as they bytched about Trump at cocktail parties.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:19 pm

MAGA

MAGA
I would recommend to any protester from 10 to 95, protest peacefully all you want. When you get into a cops grill in the middle of any protest, you may not be happy with the results. That cops does not know you or your intentions from dicky doo.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 pm

MAGA

MAGA
I would recommend to any protester from 10 to 95, protest peacefully all you want. When you get into a cops grill in the middle of any protest, you may not be happy with the results. That cops does not know you or your intentions from dicky doo.

Amherst and Smith students?

MAGA
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 pm

TRUMP: Once I am re-elected I'll have a bit more flexibility on these difficult issue....where have we heard that before? :lol:

Trump can only do but so much good...all while being investigated for 3 plus year, impeached, and navigating a global pandemic. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

They all look alike
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm You myopically have forgotten the country was SAFER STRONGER and RICHER than ever before just 3 months ago.MAGA
He borrowed Trillions to do it. You were livid at Obama's spending and bailouts, remember? Now you're overjoyed at the results of all that borrowing.

Should have asked Obama to borrow $5 Trillion to get the economy roaring if that's what you really wanted.

That's not what you and the Tea Party asked for....you demanded spending cuts. So that's what he gave you. For two years, Federal spending went down for the first time since 1953.

And instead of being happy that he did what you asked? You railed on him for cutting spending, and slowing economic growth.

Trump heard you loud and clear. So out comes the credit card, and Trillions of borrowed spending. And you're telling me you're thrilled.

Okay.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:35 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 pm You myopically have forgotten the country was SAFER STRONGER and RICHER than ever before just 3 months ago.MAGA
He borrowed Trillions to do it. You were livid at Obama's spending and bailouts, remember? Now you're overjoyed at the results of all that borrowing.

Should have asked Obama to borrow $5 Trillion to get the economy roaring if that's what you really wanted.

That's not what you and the Tea Party asked for....you demanded spending cuts. So that's what he gave you. For two years, Federal spending went down for the first time since 1953.

And instead of being happy that he did what you asked? You railed on him for cutting spending, and slowing economic growth.

Trump heard you loud and clear. So out comes the credit card, and Trillions of borrowed spending. And you're telling me you're thrilled.

Okay.
Shovel ready jobs....Solyndra :lol: . More like shoveling cash to his donors. :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's call it a wash with the Trump wall spending.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 pm Trump can only do but so much good...all while being investigated for 3 plus year, impeached, and navigating a global pandemic. ;)
Two of the three were his fault. No sympathy.

And as you know, I have not criticized Trump for his Covid response. He's doing the best he can in an impossible situation, just like all the Governors are.

I'm just pointing out the enormous opportunity for your party in Minneapolis---and the rest of the cities with policing issues---it's there if your party wants to work on it. Could win over SO many voters by fixing the problem. It's there for the taking.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm Trump took a lot of grief for his conf call with Governors on Mon, when he told them to "dominate". If you want to really understand whats happening between the Fed govt & the states, take the time to read the transcript of the conf call --
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics ... index.html
lots of good details, positive stuff, which the MSM ignores or distorts.
Trump is repetitive, inarticulate & maddening, but his message is solid.
He's encouraging the Governors to use their Guard units, which DoD is prepared to help then do.
Note the specific feedback from the Governors & the positive things they say about the Guard.
Particularly good is Gov Walz (MN). I heard it on CSPAN radio. Bad connection, lots of (INAUDIBLE) drop outs.
Embedded in his text, but not labeled, is input from Gen Milley, who provides good info about the NG.
Gov Walz also praised Sec Esper for his support & advice.
Lots of good info from Gov Hogan (MD) too.
The MSM is painting a distorted picture on the use of the NG & Fed agencies.
hmmm, I guess GOP Gov Baker must have been on a different call? :roll:
And Trump really didn't tweet what he tweeted and he really didn't do that whole charade in front of the cameras and then create a campaign ad...no, you can't trust your lying eyes and ears...believe Trump...believe Salty... :lol:
Kindly show us the words to which you refer.
You've read the transcript, which followed tweets about sending in military, using the Insurrection Act etc. Lots and lots of bellicose language from Trump. He didn't go to that threat in the call itself. But his demeanor, all the "domination" stuff was crystal clear. And then he fully clarified from the Rose Garden.
How do you feel about Cuomo threatening to remove DeBlassio from office & sending the NG into NYC ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:38 pm Shovel ready jobs....Solyndra :lol: . More like shoveling cash to his donors. :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's call it a wash with the Trump wall spending.
:lol: What the heck kind of math is this?

A wash is to maintain the spending levels at Obama era levels. This is the OPPOSITE of a wash.

And even at those spending levels, your team INSISTED spending was out of control. So don't try and sell me this wash nonsense. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm Trump took a lot of grief for his conf call with Governors on Mon, when he told them to "dominate". If you want to really understand whats happening between the Fed govt & the states, take the time to read the transcript of the conf call --
He's encouraging the Governors to use their Guard units, which DoD is prepared to help then do.
Note the specific feedback from the Governors & the positive things they say about the Guard.
Particularly good is Gov Walz (MN). I heard it on CSPAN radio. Bad connection, lots of (INAUDIBLE) drop outs.
Embedded in his text, but not labeled, is input from Gen Milley, who provides good info about the NG.
And Trump really didn't tweet what he tweeted and he really didn't do that whole charade in front of the cameras and then create a campaign ad...no, you can't trust your lying eyes and ears...believe Trump...believe Salty... :lol:
You've read the transcript, which followed tweets about sending in military, using the Insurrection Act etc. Lots and lots of bellicose language from Trump. He didn't go to that threat in the call itself. But his demeanor, all the "domination" stuff was crystal clear. And then he fully clarified from the Rose Garden.
How do you feel about Cuomo threatening to remove DeBlassio from office & sending the NG into NYC ?
Sounds outrageous. I've been off the inter webs and tv most of the day, so will need to catch up...will get back to you.

I'm not a fan of DeBlasio...but 'remove from office' doesn't sound like that's in the Governor's tool chest. NG is, though, as I understand it.

EDIT: ok, this appears to be what Cuomo said, per CNBC article:

“Can you displace a mayor? Yes. A mayor can be removed. It has not happened. I can’t find a precedent. But theoretically it is legally possible,” Cuomo said at one point. “It is a bizarre thing to try to do in this situation. I think it would make a bad situation worse. Also, I don’t think it’s necessary, because I believe the NYPD can do this, because the NYPD has done this.”

Is that actually a "threat"?
I guess so, but Cuomo seems to agree that it's not a good idea...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MAGA

MAGA
So what. as afan pointed out, policies and procedures NEED to changed. NOW

TLD and others......cared NOT when the pigs of PG country sent a riot battalion because someone won a basketball game. You pretends didn't care about the methods than, ten years ago (March 3, 2010 ) Horsies, Helicopters.......RIOT gear. You didn't CARE.

Why now?

Policies and procedures. Is it really so hard to make it against police/pig policy to NOT choke someone out, especially when handcuffed.

Obama was President when this happened. McConnell was in his useless (for us ) head of US Senate. Biden was involved....in 2010.

Unless, of course, you find it perfectly acceptable to send well armed thugs to harass college students, beat them up.....for walking down the sidewalk. And, then allow the pig cops to get away with it.

It's not about race. It's about policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLuPOFOYog

What the heck is wrong with us, allowing the pigs to LIE.......What the heck is wrong with us allowing the pigs to ride horsies, because of a basketball game. It's insane.

And YOU all love it. Certainly ignore it. for shame
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:57 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

Police filed a report that he tripped, then video comes out that he's pushed.

Then you have people saying it's fake? :lol: :roll: The man is literally in the hospital in serious but stable condition. I guess the first responders and doctors were in on it too and hid or didn't find the blood packets.

The man made a bad decision of trying to be nice and hand the police back their helmet.
Look at the end of the clip. He's stumbling backward, out of the frame. The clip does not show the entire fall.
This has two videos of the fall. Watch the second half...

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:43 pm
Sounds outrageous. I've been off the inter webs and tv most of the day, so will need to catch up...will get back to you.

I'm not a fan of DeBlasio...but 'remove from office' doesn't sound like that's in the Governor's tool chest. NG is, though, as I understand it.

EDIT: ok, this appears to be what Cuomo said, per CNBC article:

“Can you displace a mayor? Yes. A mayor can be removed. It has not happened. I can’t find a precedent. But theoretically it is legally possible,” Cuomo said at one point. “It is a bizarre thing to try to do in this situation. I think it would make a bad situation worse. Also, I don’t think it’s necessary, because I believe the NYPD can do this, because the NYPD has done this.”

Is that actually a "threat"?
I guess so, but Cuomo seems to agree that it's not a good idea...
Stop me before I kill again.

Return to “POLITICS”