Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm Image
The United States of America attacks its own people and we have weapons of mass destruction and the people are rebelling in the streets.....sounds like themes we have heard before....We are basically the Congo as I predicted.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

US Park Police: It was a “mistake” to say no tear gas was used in Lafayette Square

A spokesperson again said that only smoke canisters and pepper balls were used, but acknowledged that saying “tear gas” was not used was seen as misleading.
https://www.vox.com/2020/6/5/21281604/l ... as-protest
A US Park Police spokesperson said in an interview it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement on Tuesday that it didn’t use tear gas the day before in Lafayette Square to disperse a crowd ahead of President Trump’s photo op, explicitly noting that pepper balls shot by officials irritate the eyes and cause tears.

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.

Delgado’s call to me Friday was an attempt to clear up a statement the Park Police released Tuesday, the day after reporters on the scene outside the White House said officers used tear gas on peaceful protesters. The statement from acting Chief Gregory Monahan said that no tear gas was used by any federal force present, but that the Park Police itself “employed smoke canisters and pepper balls.”

“I’m not going to say that pepper balls don’t irritate you,” Delgado said, noting they contain capsicum, an irritant derived from pepper plants. “I’m not saying it’s not a tear gas, but I’m just saying we use a pepper ball that shoots a powder.”
On Friday, Delgado maintained their original statement was accurate as it relates to the Park Police: “no tear gas was used by USPP officers.” US Park Police used only those non-lethal weapons as law enforcement forcibly pushed peaceful protesters away from the White House. In fact, he said — as he has before — that his agency doesn’t carry tear gases known as CN, even though canisters of all of them were found on the scene. As for CS, the agency doesn’t carry the specific type found on the Square, but it does carry CS in general.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

minneapolis bans chokeholds.

sounds like a natural reaction, but since we are all talking about understanding one another's feelings, i wonder how street cops feel.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am I don't get it - what to make of this? They have to know they are being filmed.

In Buffalo - the man shoved to the ground was 75 YO - He did not appear to be a threat. The police essentially step around his body (bleeding from an ear)

You have to know what the police were experiencing as it happened. The man might be 75, but that might not have been immediately apparent to the police. He's tall, appears fit & appeared to be carrying a helmet. They were riot police, moving forward in formation. The man, without hesitation, deliberately strode right into the face of a much shorter cop, confronted him, reached out & came into contact with the adjacent cop. Who knows what he said. You could hear "move, move" being shouted. They may have just been trying to push him out of their way & he lost his balance. Maybe next time, he'll wear his helmet when striding into an advancing formation of riot police.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:33 pm minneapolis bans chokeholds.

sounds like a natural reaction, but since we are all talking about understanding one another's feelings, i wonder how street cops feel.

When last I heard, the negotiations for this new rule (one that also requires cops to intervene in case of choke holds and in reporting the use of these dangerous moves) has been agreed upon but not given final approval. Hopefully, final approval will be done soon. But in all honesty, I'm not expecting a change in actual practice any time soon given the criminality of those cops, especially when the cameras are not rolling.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am I don't get it - what to make of this? They have to know they are being filmed.

In Buffalo - the man shoved to the ground was 75 YO - He did not appear to be a threat. The police essentially step around his body (bleeding from an ear)

You have to know what the police were experiencing as it happened. The man might be 75, but that might not have been immediately apparent to the police. He's tall, appears fit & appeared to be carrying a helmet. They were riot police, moving forward in formation. The man, without hesitation, deliberately strode right into the face of a much shorter cop, confronted him, reached out & came into contact with the adjacent cop. Who knows what he said. You could hear "move, move" being shouted. They may have just been trying to push him out of their way & he lost his balance. Maybe next time, he'll wear his helmet when striding into an advancing formation of riot police.
Happens with all Intifadas. He should have been prepared.

MAGA
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jeez, more excuses for the friggin cops. In fact, let's go a step further - obviously, the cop did the old guy a favor by swatting a gnat or tick off of his forehead. This as a guarantee he now won't get Lyme disease or some other dreaded illness. How thoughtful of the cop to do the old timer such a big favor. We should all chip in to finance a large trophy for him and then give the cop the keys to the City as well.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nm
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Jeez, more excuses for the friggin cops. In fact, let's go a step further - obviously, the cop did the old guy a favor by swatting a gnat or tick off of his forehead. This as a guarantee he now won't get Lyme disease or some other dreaded illness. How thoughtful of the cop to do the old timer such a big favor. We should all chip in to finance a large trophy for him and then give the cop the keys to the City as well.

It's not a huge percentage of police, Brook. Just like not a huge percentage of protesters are looters and rioters, right? Right?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:06 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:33 pm minneapolis bans chokeholds.

When last I heard, the negotiations for this new rule (one that also requires cops to intervene in case of choke holds and in reporting the use of these dangerous moves) has been agreed upon but not given final approval. Hopefully, final approval will be done soon. But in all honesty, I'm not expecting a change in actual practice any time soon given the criminality of those cops, especially when the cameras are not rolling.
thank you for the input- agreed, as i'd think there might be ways around this, depending on how they define it.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 pm

It's not a huge percentage of police, Brook. Just like not a huge percentage of protesters are looters and rioters, right? Right?
Something's fishy about this one. The entire Emergency Response Team of 57 officers has reportedly resigned from that volunteer duty, in support of the 2 suspended officers. Apparently they remain on the job in their regular capacities.
https://twitter.com/DaveGreber4/status/ ... 2320819203
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Apparently they put blood packets into rubber bullets too (warning, a bit of blood): https://i.imgur.com/7Pqkai0.jpg
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Something's fishy about this one. The entire Emergency Response Team of 57 officers has reportedly resigned from that volunteer duty, in support of the 2 suspended officers. Apparently they remain on the job in their regular capacities.
https://twitter.com/DaveGreber4/status/ ... 2320819203

Any time, and you can bank on this, any time the media story is too clever by a half with their built in TDS or liberal narrative, please do yourselves the biggest favor and bet the opposite.

Today's other canard is Trump said George would be looking down so happy the unemployment numbers are good, when if you actually take the time to read what he was saying, his statement had nothing to do with unemployment, but libs gonna lib. The Buffalo police, I believe their story and I do not believe the lib media narrative. I wish I could buy these guys dinner right now.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:07 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm Image
The United States of America attacks its own people and we have weapons of mass destruction and the people are rebelling in the streets.....sounds like themes we have heard before....We are basically the Congo as I predicted.

MAGA

Of course, we know forum anti government right wingers are all enraged over this bit of news.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:33 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:22 pm Heres a black life that doesn't seem to matter much!

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Indi ... NGQMi2LqRc

YA think the Reverend AL will be at her funeral.
How are you helping?

6ft is helping tremendously. The observation is liberals only care about deaths when it helps their narrative, but they obviously do not care about deaths do not.

Anytime someone can draw a clear distinction of anyone's hypocrisy, it does two things that helps the world: it helps the offender realize how he can improve his game, and it helps others who watch his game become that much more suspicious next time he plays.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

Police filed a report that he tripped, then video comes out that he's pushed.

Then you have people saying it's fake? :lol: :roll: The man is literally in the hospital in serious but stable condition. I guess the first responders and doctors were in on it too and hid or didn't find the blood packets.

The man made a bad decision of trying to be nice and hand the police back their helmet.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:14 pm

US Park Police: It was a “mistake” to say no tear gas was used in Lafayette Square

A spokesperson again said that only smoke canisters and pepper balls were used, but acknowledged that saying “tear gas” was not used was seen as misleading.
https://www.vox.com/2020/6/5/21281604/l ... as-protest
A US Park Police spokesperson said in an interview it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement on Tuesday that it didn’t use tear gas the day before in Lafayette Square to disperse a crowd ahead of President Trump’s photo op, explicitly noting that pepper balls shot by officials irritate the eyes and cause tears.

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.

Delgado’s call to me Friday was an attempt to clear up a statement the Park Police released Tuesday, the day after reporters on the scene outside the White House said officers used tear gas on peaceful protesters. The statement from acting Chief Gregory Monahan said that no tear gas was used by any federal force present, but that the Park Police itself “employed smoke canisters and pepper balls.”

“I’m not going to say that pepper balls don’t irritate you,” Delgado said, noting they contain capsicum, an irritant derived from pepper plants. “I’m not saying it’s not a tear gas, but I’m just saying we use a pepper ball that shoots a powder.”
On Friday, Delgado maintained their original statement was accurate as it relates to the Park Police: “no tear gas was used by USPP officers.” US Park Police used only those non-lethal weapons as law enforcement forcibly pushed peaceful protesters away from the White House. In fact, he said — as he has before — that his agency doesn’t carry tear gases known as CN, even though canisters of all of them were found on the scene. As for CS, the agency doesn’t carry the specific type found on the Square, but it does carry CS in general.
Reports out now indicate that Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy says the crew of the DC NG helos that flew low over protesters on Monday was immediately grounded following the incident. Officials are going to get an interim update on the investigation later today. Turns out that the use of a medical evacuation helicopter appeared to result from the fact that command levels of the District of Columbia National Guard did not realize that the majority of the Lakota helicopters available for law enforcement missions are deployed to the Texas border for Customs and Border Protection missions there to halt illegal immigration. You can't make this sh*t up
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

Then you have people saying it's fake? :lol: :roll: The man is literally in the hospital in serious but stable condition. I guess the first responders and doctors were in on it too and hid or didn't find the blood packets.

The man made a bad decision of trying to be nice and hand the police back their helmet.
Look at the end of the clip. He's stumbling backward, out of the frame. The clip does not show the entire fall.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm As far as the 75 year old dude goes, there is indeed something fishy.

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The American Spring

MAGA!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”