The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:19 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:13 am Everyone is absolutely kidding themselves if you don't think the Left wants the economy to crater. They do. Let's be honest about that. And I am not saying Fanlax left wants that, but the Left writ large. Heck, they'd want it to crater if Obama was in office...their end game is control, and they get control by anarchy and failure.
1000% false. Demonstrably false.

If this was true? Pelosi, who isn't in any danger of getting voted out, would have simply stalled on bailout bills, and demanded she get everything she wants before signing doodly.

She didn't do that. Only Mitch McConnell, who stalled any meaningful legislation from passing for 6 full years SOLELY to hit Obama politically is that immoral.

No bailouts? Unemployment at 20%+, without question.

So sorry mate, you're wrong. Not everyone shares your sad view of the world. As much as I dislike Pelosi, even I see that she's not willing to starve out Americans to maintain or increase power.

I actually don't count Nancy as 'left' but other than that, your post is also incoherent. I mean the trending left which the Democrats are fast becoming. The left hates Pelosi. They hate Obama. Nut they are becoming the party...either you sign up, or you will be exiled, like McCarthy days. Hillary's spokesman saying "Defund the Police" is a great example of what is happening to the Democratic Party.
Actually his response is quite coherent - and I agree with it. In fact much more coherent than your reply! (more nonsense about your strawman "Left")

Have fun while your party dissolves. Speech must be perfect!! I knew a ruler in Germany who once had these thoughts...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-times- ... tom-cotton
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:27 pm Look at Cuomo and Di Blasio. Tell me why the F would they let Macys be looted and Sax Fifth Avenue be wrapped in razorwire.
WHY THE F would they let the worlds most visible symbol of capitalism and freedom BURN. NIGHTLY.
I don't know enough about how what's happening in NYC to answer.

My response is solely directed at the absurd idea that Cuomo and Di Blasio would "allow" (fill in the blank), with the idea that it would cost Trump votes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:29 pm Have fun while your party dissolves. Speech must be perfect!! I knew a ruler in Germany who once had these thoughts...

:lol: Gee, do you think the Times staff working there in the 1940's and 50's thought the new generation of college grads had different values, and were shocked by those values?

Naaaaaah. Un-possible. Our culture and values are supposed to be immutable. Change is bad. Also, this music isn't the same as it was when I was a kid. :lol:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Close to 10 percent of all the jobs gained last month were in dental offices.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna12 ... 2GGvn7rnuD

America heading back to work.

+2.5 Mill jobs last mos. And that’s really just a bump from the ease of restrictions and some pt furloughs the last week and a half of May.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:29 pm Have fun while your party dissolves. Speech must be perfect!! I knew a ruler in Germany who once had these thoughts...

:lol: Gee, do you think the Times staff working there in the 1940's and 50's thought the new generation of college grads had different values, and were shocked by those values?

Naaaaaah. Un-possible. Our culture and values are supposed to be immutable. Change is bad. Also, this music isn't the same as it was when I was a kid. :lol:

Did the Times staff of the 40/'s and 50's run scared from opposing opinions then? Maybe they did. I don't know.

Me, I love opposing opinions. I want my bias beaten up and thrashed, I welcome all comers; makes my end game stronger. Democrats apparently are fearful of opposing opinions. Strange way to live, but so be it.

I'm guessing American prefer party philosophy that welcomes opposing opinion. I always thought Mccarthyism was a disreputable thing?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:20 pm Close to 10 percent of all the jobs gained last month were in dental offices.

More telling pix
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Multiple news outlets reporting clarification of statistics in the jobs report yesterday - this from the WaPo but similar reports elsewhere

"When the U.S. government’s official jobs report for May came out on Friday, it included a note at the bottom saying there had been a major “error” indicating that the unemployment rate likely should be higher than the widely reported 13.3 percent rate.

The special note said that if this “misclassification error” had not occurred, the “overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” meaning the unemployment rate would be about 16.3 percent for May.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs reports, said it was working to fix the problem.

“BLS and the Census Bureau are investigating why this misclassification error continues to occur and are taking additional steps to address the issue,” said a note at the bottom of the Bureau of Labor Statistics report."
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:20 pm Close to 10 percent of all the jobs gained last month were in dental offices.
So those don't count then.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:22 am Multiple news outlets reporting clarification of statistics in the jobs report yesterday - this from the WaPo but similar reports elsewhere

"When the U.S. government’s official jobs report for May came out on Friday, it included a note at the bottom saying there had been a major “error” indicating that the unemployment rate likely should be higher than the widely reported 13.3 percent rate.

The special note said that if this “misclassification error” had not occurred, the “overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” meaning the unemployment rate would be about 16.3 percent for May.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs reports, said it was working to fix the problem.

“BLS and the Census Bureau are investigating why this misclassification error continues to occur and are taking additional steps to address the issue,” said a note at the bottom of the Bureau of Labor Statistics report."
Can't have any good news. Quick lets shyte on this before anyone can feel good about it.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:22 am Multiple news outlets reporting clarification of statistics in the jobs report yesterday - this from the WaPo but similar reports elsewhere

Can you post a clarification on this story then. Since thats important to you.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... ne-article

NEW YORK/LONDON (Reuters) - An influential study that found hydroxychloroquine increased the risk of death in COVID-19 patients has been withdrawn a week after it led to major trials being halted, adding to confusion about a malaria drug championed by U.S. President Donald Trump.

Another study in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) that used Surgisphere data and shared the same lead author, Harvard Medical School Professor Mandeep Mehra, was retracted for the same reason.

Wonder how many people DIED that didn't have to because POLITICS is more important than science..
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Replied on relevant thread, you have apparently missed the rigorous, double blind study out this week, indicating zero prophylactic benefit of HCQ. Zero.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Wait, what???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:43 am

Wait, what???
he tripped and fell...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

It's hilarious to anyone with the old brain synapse still firing how badly Democrats want the economy to seize up. They are legitimately mad that the jobs report didn't get to 20%+ unemployment. Then they are unhappy that the 'Lancet study' proved to be a TDS hoax, which, uhhhh, everyone knew the second you tried to access the website for the obscure firm in Chicago that performed the study since it redirected you to a cryptocurrency trading platform.

Again, lesson for the ages: when a story is too clever by half for the left, bet the other side, always.

Here's one thing I can guarantee: the economy will come out swinging every month between now and November 3. Some areas will not recover nearly as fast, mostly places like NYC and Minneapolis, where residents are scared to walk the streets at night now (think of huge swaths of Baltimore). And we all know why.

But some of us refuse to admit why, because Orange Man Bad and you know the drill. That's okay, trust me the American people (the normal non-Left majority) know exactly why they can no longer eat out at night in their favorite city...and the people who invested their life savings into opening a bar or restaurant, and the folks who cleaned dishes and served the beer, they will be out of jobs for quite some time in those cities.

And some here on Fanlax will not care, because Orange Man Bad and so forth.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm It's hilarious to anyone with the old brain synapse still firing how badly Democrats want the economy to seize up.
And you cheering what you perceive as failures of the Democrats is different....how? It's all you talk about.

You partisans deserve each other.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm It's hilarious to anyone with the old brain synapse still firing how badly Democrats want the economy to seize up. They are legitimately mad that the jobs report didn't get to 20%+ unemployment. Then they are unhappy that the 'Lancet study' proved to be a TDS hoax, which, uhhhh, everyone knew the second you tried to access the website for the obscure firm in Chicago that performed the study since it redirected you to a cryptocurrency trading platform.

Again, lesson for the ages: when a story is too clever by half for the left, bet the other side, always.

Here's one thing I can guarantee: the economy will come out swinging every month between now and November 3. Some areas will not recover nearly as fast, mostly places like NYC and Minneapolis, where residents are scared to walk the streets at night now (think of huge swaths of Baltimore). And we all know why.

But some of us refuse to admit why, because Orange Man Bad and you know the drill. That's okay, trust me the American people (the normal non-Left majority) know exactly why they can no longer eat out at night in their favorite city...and the people who invested their life savings into opening a bar or restaurant, and the folks who cleaned dishes and served the beer, they will be out of jobs for quite some time in those cities.

And some here on Fanlax will not care, because Orange Man Bad and so forth.
First you keep attributing motives to Ds that are not evident. Only in your mind. And the Lancet study has nothing to do with TDS - it has to do with whether a certain treatment is beneficial, and while this one failed the test of legitimate science others will not fail that test.

And that recovery - the corrected stats say the unemployment rate will be in excess of 16%. Still higher than at ANY TIME during the great depression. And the reason it was not the expected 20% is that a lot of businesses got back to work faster than expected - PPP a big part of that. So not exactly a swinging economy. And a lot of those extra jobs were part time.

And it is not because of any Left strawman of yours that people are out of jobs. Most of that is still on the lack of coordinated and quick action by the Federal Government which is still controlled by the Rs.

Yes the Orange Man is still bad. Worse president in history is what he is in the running for.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:20 pm It's hilarious to anyone with the old brain synapse still firing how badly Democrats want the economy to seize up.
And you cheering what you perceive as failures of the Democrats is different....how? It's all you talk about.

I'm not cheering for any middle class or working man to lose his source of income, so I don't accept that ridiculous straw man of yours.

Democrats are failing the average guy as they let their cities burn. Who does that hurt the most? Workers. Maids. Bartenders. Factory workers. Seamstresses. Shopkeepers. Retail employees. Cooks. Uber drivers. Stadium employees. You name it. In their maniacal quest to be woke and loudly scream how righteous they are, Democratic mayors are abandoning the very people who pay the taxes that pay the salaries of these jackwagons.

If you want lefty-winking anarchist embracing d-bags like de Blasio directing your city, then so be it; you are on your own. I will still pull for the common man, the middle class guy whose life will suffer as a result. I won't feel even one ounce of pity for the elite or the partisans who silently watch it, or even cheer for it.

Some folks here want the economy to seize. That's reprehensible. The people hurting the most today are mostly the most honest among us, the middle class or even lower class person who needs that job! I never hear one person here bemoan that; it's all 'but black people have the right to riot'. Keyboard lefties who hate Trump and wittingly or unwittingly cheer for the common man's demise are beneath contempt.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm not cheering for any middle class or working man to lose his source of income, so I don't accept that ridiculous straw man of yours.
Don't care whether you accept it or not. That's what you're doing. 24/7 cheering for any bad news you can invent about any city that just happens to have a D Mayor. Gloating about it. Your entire world is ruled by party affiliation. You couldn't last five minutes if you had to actually discuss ideas without bringing up party.

It's absurd. You're smarter than this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:37 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Don't care whether you accept it or not. That's what you're doing. 24/7 cheering for any bad news you can invent about any city that just happens to have a D Mayor. Gloating about it. Your entire world is ruled by party affiliation. You couldn't last five minutes if you had to actually discuss ideas without bringing up party.

It's absurd. You're smarter than this.

You’re trying to excuse the bad actors in this play. These jackarses are ruining lives by winking at if not outright encouraging the far left and Antifa destroying their cities.

Return to “POLITICS”