Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by Kismet »

I don't get it - what to make of this? They have to know they are being filmed.

In Buffalo - the man shoved to the ground was 75 YO - He did not appear to be a threat. The police essentially step around his body (bleeding from an ear)

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm Trump took a lot of grief for his conf call with Governors on Mon, when he told them to "dominate". If you want to really understand whats happening between the Fed govt & the states, take the time to read the transcript of the conf call --
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics ... index.html
lots of good details, positive stuff, which the MSM ignores or distorts.
Trump is repetitive, inarticulate & maddening, but his message is solid.
He's encouraging the Governors to use their Guard units, which DoD is prepared to help then do.
Note the specific feedback from the Governors & the positive things they say about the Guard.
Particularly good is Gov Walz (MN). I heard it on CSPAN radio. Bad connection, lots of (INAUDIBLE) drop outs.
Embedded in his text, but not labeled, is input from Gen Milley, who provides good info about the NG.
Gov Walz also praised Sec Esper for his support & advice.
Lots of good info from Gov Hogan (MD) too.
The MSM is painting a distorted picture on the use of the NG & Fed agencies.
hmmm, I guess GOP Gov Baker must have been on a different call? :roll:
And Trump really didn't tweet what he tweeted and he really didn't do that whole charade in front of the cameras and then create a campaign ad...no, you can't trust your lying eyes and ears...believe Trump...believe Salty... :lol:
Kindly show us the words to which you refer.
You've read the transcript, which followed tweets about sending in military, using the Insurrection Act etc. Lots and lots of bellicose language from Trump. He didn't go to that threat in the call itself. But his demeanor, all the "domination" stuff was crystal clear. And then he fully clarified from the Rose Garden.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am I don't get it - what to make of this? They have to know they are being filmed.

In Buffalo - the man shoved to the ground was 75 YO - He did not appear to be a threat. The police essentially step around his body (bleeding from an ear)

I’m not excusing it but you can’t always say the police are always in the wrong. If there is a lawful order with multiple warnings to evacuate, and I am sure there was, maybe get tf out of there?

The police up there just got run over by an SUV a few days ago. They’re on edge. Give them a break.

https://www.syracuse.com/state/2020/06/ ... video.html
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am I don't get it - what to make of this? They have to know they are being filmed.

I’m not excusing it but you can’t always say the police are always in the wrong. If there is a lawful order with multiple warnings to evacuate, and I am sure there was, maybe get tf out of there?

The police up there just got run over by an SUV a few days ago. They’re on edge. Give them a break.

Can't recall seeing any outrage from Kismet about the police run down by an SUV or the cop in NY hit over the head with a fire extignguisher or the one stabbed in the neck.

Did he post anything about the 77 year old black former police captain and grandfather of 10 gunned down by a looter and left to die.

No I don't seem to remember any outrage focused AGAINST violence on the police.

Good thing liberal progressive bureaucrats are trying to DFUND the police. Should make Kismet happy.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am

Can't recall seeing any outrage from Kismet about the police run down by an SUV or the cop in NY hit over the head with a fire extignguisher or the one stabbed in the neck.

Did he post anything about the 77 year old black former police captain and grandfather of 10 gunned down by a looter and left to die.

Good thing liberal progressive bureaucrats are trying to DFUND the police. Should make Kismet happy.
Kismet and others on here like to post/say incendiary stuff from the safety of their keypads :oops:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:12 am i agree with the statement. of course that shouldnt detract from the larger, legitimate movement- but it does.

what bothers me most is the guilt by association; and assigning blame for things you haven't done, or worse, assigning blame for inaction.

Very interesting comment in view of this: Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo, fired all the four police convicts on the day after George Floyd’s murder. Quote: “Silence is an action—you’re complicit ... “Mr. Floyd died in our hands and so I see that as being complicit,”.

Often it is the police chief who gets the most criticism when a police criminal kills someone. But not so for Chief Arradondo. In fact the community has rallied in his behalf. By contrast, police union boss Kroll has been criticized as he defended those 4 police criminals.

I said before and will say again - force the police union to pay all damages so that it will become bankrupted and lose all lobbying power. That will make our community and others much safer.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 am Can't recall seeing any outrage from Kismet about the police run down by an SUV or the cop in NY hit over the head with a fire extignguisher or the one stabbed in the neck.

Kismet and others on here like to post/say incendiary stuff from the safety of their keypads :oops:
Happened to come across this one which seemed especially egregious. I'd certainly concur that in the current environment there is a lot of this stuff going on on both sides and much of it filmed as everyone has a camera nowadays

BTW my brother is in law enforcement and he agrees on this one.

Could have done without the safety behind keypad crack - you are clueless about such stuff about me personally as you often demonstrate around here. You and others bellyache about being name-called by folks who disagree with you and then feel obliged to do the same. Make up your mind. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am

Most leftists, and I assume Kismet is one but by standards of Fanlax, not nearly as left as Cornell West. The Left in America as a general rule have this awful habit of reflexively hating the police.

And now, with the added benefit of appearing woke (though very few of the left has any actual interaction with blacks), they get to appear down with people of color...they aren't. It's all a massive show, to get the presidency again.

The left had 8 years of Obama (a black man, if I recall) as the top man in America. What did they do? They increased incarceration, they increased black on black crime, they eviscerated public schools, and most importantly, they ratcheted up racial tensions.

Do not reward failure.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:12 am i agree with the statement. of course that shouldnt detract from the larger, legitimate movement- but it does.

what bothers me most is the guilt by association; and assigning blame for things you haven't done, or worse, assigning blame for inaction.

Very interesting comment in view of this: Minneapolis Chief of Police Medaria Arradondo, fired all the four police convicts on the day after George Floyd’s murder. Quote: “Silence is an action—you’re complicit ... “Mr. Floyd died in our hands and so I see that as being complicit,”.

Often it is the police chief who gets the most criticism when a police criminal kills someone. But not so for Chief Arradondo. In fact the community has rallied in his behalf. By contrast, police union boss Kroll has been criticized as he defended those 4 police criminals.

I said before and will say again - force the police union to pay all damages so that it will become bankrupted and lose all lobbying power. That will make our community and others much safer.
i see what you mean but i meant in a very different context. those officers likely had a duty to do something.

what about someone a thousand miles away? much murkier question for debate.

agreed on unions.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am

i see what you mean but i meant in a very different context. those officers likely had a duty to do something.

what about someone a thousand miles away? much murkier question for debate.

agreed on unions.

Brook was likely a member of NTEU or AFSCME. Is he as quick to say that all public employee unions should similarly be held accountable for damages for crimes they commit and damages they cause, such as targeting Tea Party groups?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 am
Most leftists, and I assume Kismet is one but by standards of Fanlax, not nearly as left as Cornell West. The Left in America as a general rule have this awful habit of reflexively hating the police.

And now, with the added benefit of appearing woke (though very few of the left has any actual interaction with blacks), they get to appear down with people of color...they aren't. It's all a massive show, to get the presidency again.

The left had 8 years of Obama (a black man, if I recall) as the top man in America. What did they do? They increased incarceration, they increased black on black crime, they eviscerated public schools, and most importantly, they ratcheted up racial tensions.

Do not reward failure.

White supremacists from the delusional far right have committed far more violence against police than have anyone else.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9i6sSgj9p ... as-6F7KeNI

right wing hero tRUMP's photo op came at the expense of the constitutional rights he swore to uphold

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:30 am
Brook was likely a member of NTEU or AFSCME. Is he as quick to say that all public employee unions should similarly be held accountable for damages for crimes they commit and damages they cause, such as targeting Tea Party groups?

feast your eyes: https://www.irs.gov/irm/part34/irm_34-005-007

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

American Gestapo in action.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 pm The direct result of fanning racial flames. Anarchy. Congrats fellas, keep repeating to yourselves that it’s ‘peaceful’.

https://twitter.com/grantb911/status/12 ... 11785?s=21

Violence begets violence. If that idiot Chauvin hadn't murdered Floyd we wouldn't be talking about any of this.
The idiots are the ones that kept him on the pig force . The elected. The appointed. Did YOU vote for District Attorney Amy Klobuchar, or is her looking the other way, and allowing CHauvin to act like a pig, is that overblown? If not her, who?

Who allowed CHauvin to be a cop, with that long rap sheet of abuses?

YOU DID brookie

So, if CHauvin had been fired , 20 years ago, George would be alive today. Why didn't YOU have him fired, brookie?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

that kinda goes back to my point about inaction. at what level can we really assign blame?

no real answer, just rhetorical.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

We actually had our own little incident here in Montgomery County MD:
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/loca ... 3f0f953df2

A biker dude attacks some people posting black lives matter posters along the Capital Crescent Trail.

I actually support the biker in one respect, the Capital Crescent Trail is parkland and people shouldn't be posting posters there.
I think the Park Police should issue the people hanging the posters a ticket. :idea:
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:21 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 pm The direct result of fanning racial flames. Anarchy. Congrats fellas, keep repeating to yourselves that it’s ‘peaceful’.

https://twitter.com/grantb911/status/12 ... 11785?s=21

Violence begets violence. If that idiot Chauvin hadn't murdered Floyd we wouldn't be talking about any of this.
The idiots are the ones that kept him on the pig force . The elected. The appointed. Did YOU vote for District Attorney Amy Klobuchar, or is her looking the other way, and allowing CHauvin to act like a pig, is that overblown? If not her, who?

Who allowed CHauvin to be a cop, with that long rap sheet of abuses?

YOU DID brookie

So, if CHauvin had been fired , 20 years ago, George would be alive today. Why didn't YOU have him fired, brookie?
Perhaps if people had a real discussion about Kaepernick’s protest instead of the stupid “he is disrespecting the flag” nonsense, perhaps that dude would still be alive. “I didn’t buy a ticket to see a protest”, “my boss can tell me what to do at work”, “find another time to protest”.... “Kaepernick is mixed race, what’s he complaining for”, “Kaepernick is rich what is he complaining about”... “yeah America is awful :roll:, I wish I were treated as bad. He’s an NFL quarterback”.... all of those comments on this board and perpetuated in the media.... Well we get what we get.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cooter wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am We actually had our own little incident here in Montgomery County MD:
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/loca ... 3f0f953df2

A biker dude attacks some people posting black lives matter posters along the Capital Crescent Trail.

I actually support the biker in one respect, the Capital Crescent Trail is parkland and people shouldn't be posting posters there.
I think the Park Police should issue the people hanging the posters a ticket. :idea:
It’s not his job. I wish it had been my daughter....Joe biker would have taken an a$$ kicking that day..... if he works for someone and is identified, he will be fired.
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:31 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 am

Do not reward failure.

White supremacists from the delusional far right have committed far more violence against police than have anyone else.
You could not be more wrong. You just reflexively go there. You have no evidence of any such thing. If there are a few right wing nut jobs in there they were a very small percent. If.

The real damage being done here by the rioters and looters. If you thought some of these communities had food deserts before, wait until after this. The real damage is lasting, and it impacts the most vulnerable people the hardest. And now the Minneapolis city Council is considering dismantling the police department. I wonder what the TC economic development Council would have to say about that? Does anybody think that’s a sound business model? But let’s go there just so we can have a temporary feel good and push away as much capitalism as we can.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”