Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am You gotta admit though, 6, Trump showing up with a Bible in his hand is about like Miley Cyrus showing up at a picnic in a nun's habit.
and ONLY the habit :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode Nationwide with Help From Instigators

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:39 pm Should BLM march and protest in Chicago. For black on black killing. Black on black lives Don't Matter? Is this what YOU are saying AFAN? That BLM would be stupid to march in Baltimore? Do you even know if they ever have ? Does she know?
I've tried, in vain, to explain this to you, and I've run out of ways to do it. When I try to rephrase my point, or use other examples to help you to understand my point, you yell at me about whataboutisms or moving goalposts.

So for the last time: I'm making fun of this woman for screaming at protesters that they are hypocrites, and not protesting in the right cities. She asked, and I'm paraphrasing, why they aren't protesting in Chicago.

This complaint doesn't make any sense and I've told you multiple times as to why. That it. Nothing more.

Don't know what else to do here to bridge the communication gap you and I have when typing to one another.
The bold is comical....very funny afan. You pull this same nonsense all the tiime. Classic netmoving.

Also, being serious, you made YOU the chief "persuadexplainer" ?? (persuader/explainer ) , or is the inner bully really the true you?

Or....do you not, ever, END conversations with directives, like, "time to move on", "I'm done explaining", "I've tried". ......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics ... index.html

Maybe it will be replaced with a statue of Grant?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 pm
Isn’t opening your business protesting against a right?

Can you rephrase? I don't understand what you're asking here.
Why is it that I completely understand what youth means..........and he's not understanding. that fecesbook mindset has destroyed his education of Socrates and the things that say Niche'
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 pm https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics ... index.html

I used to drive down part of Monument Ave for 4 years to and from work. You will probably see other statues come down when Richmond holds its next council meetings. The Lee statue is owned by the state. Virginia does have a lot of people to choose from to replace the statues.

I'd like to see more statues of Arthur Ashe beating kids with a tennis racquet while stealing their books :lol:

ARTHUR ASHE STATUE PROCLAIMED ONE OF THE MOST UNINTENTIONALLY HORRIFYING STATUES IN THE WORLD

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 pm https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics ... index.html

John Brown
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 pm The bold is comical....very funny afan. You pull this same nonsense all the tiime. Classic netmoving.
This is the third time now that you're giving me grief for pointing out that we're not understanding what the other is saying.

And you're calling me a bully for telling you that you and I are having problems communicating, and suggesting that you and I move on.

You're free to do whatever you wish.....
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ch JCS Milley (like Mattis, Mullen, etc.) also comes down with TDS.

Amazing how all these top military guys can avoid the Covid but have zero immunity against the TDS virus. When we will we have vaccine?????

Who knew they all just craved approval from the drive-by, libturd, MSM elites?

As per Kayleigh McGaslighter:

Kayleigh McEnany
@PressSec

Former Secretary Mattis’ “article” is little more than a self-promotional stunt to appease the DC elite.

President @realDonaldTrump is the law and order President that has restored peace to our nation’s streets.

Mattis’ small words pale in comparison to @POTUS’ strong action.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Why is it that I completely understand what youth means..........and he's not understanding. that fecesbook mindset has destroyed his education of Socrates and the things that say Niche'
Can you break that down for me please RRR? I am not following you....this time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am while of course there is a lot of awareness raised, by those doing good, some are out there just for free stuff. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9Sk_Ynarn ... n864njpjjy

because that will fix the problem. violence and free toys
Lots of truth.......man, almost 30 years ago. btw, the singer is white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dPKfxRhk0
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:23 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:49 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:50 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
Doing weii thanks. Good to hear from you.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?
Or is your comprehension skills and/or TDS really that bad?

I'm guessing the last. TDS.

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Your response is a cop out.
Mattis is decrying Trump militarizing the response. All Trump has done is use the National Guard in DC, just as Governors have done in their states. He has not deployed active duty troops under the Insurrection Act to restore order or to guarantee civil rights, as previous Presidents have.
The problem as I see it , OS, is the rhetoric and posturing Trump employs, as emphasized in this view expressed by General Allen:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-mari ... 43340.html

I understand your disapproval of the looting and rioting as well as the risk of a coronavirus resurgence as a result of what is now transpiring, but I feel it incumbant to point out the unhelpful and incendiary and often unconstitutional words and actions of Trump.
I understand why retired senior military officers like Mattis, Allen, Mullen, McCraven & others may disagree with the tone of Trump's rhetoric & fear that the public may think that National Guard forces are active duty forces, may not appreciate the distinction, & mistakenly think that Trump has deployed active duty forces.

It's the media's responsibility to inform the public of this critical distinction. I'm not surprised that they are contributing to the public's misunderstanding.

My contention is that it is reasonable & prudent to use Federal law enforcement & DC National Guard forces to protect the WH perimeter & to quell rioting near (& defacing of) the Federal buildings & monuments that those Federal law enforcement agencies are responsible for protecting.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style & rhetoric, & feel that his photo ops are exploiting the situation. Trump supporters maintain that he is showing strength, signalling that the WH & Federal buildings & monuments are off limits to rioters & will be defended, & demonstrating to Mayors & Governors how to effectively use their Police & National Guard.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style, but the tactics on the ground (& overhead) in DC on Mon night, were effective. If I were a resident or business owner in NYC, Philly, StL, Santa Monica, the Twin Cities & other looted cities, I'd welcome such a response in my city.

Stay safe. Be well.
such a constant whitewash from you, Salty.

Trump threatened to use the Insurrection Act, put General Milley 'in charge', called up active duty military, and, yeah, the various Generals and Admirals have stood up and said shut up.

The Governors who had serious issues were all calling up NG support and everyone understood they were doing so...but Trump and crew started talking about 'dominating the battle space' and using active duty troops to do so...

Stop with the whitewash.

Personally I prefer the tactics of Houston's police chief and many others who have successfully addressed peaceful protestors and found their support in return.

And I really like what has happened (so far, fingers crossed) here in Baltimore.

Where protestors have been shown lots of respect and empathy, the heat has been kept in check...but there are always going to be the miscreants who try to take advantage, whether for personal gain ala looting or in incitement of further violence and division.

They DO need to be addressed, and if it's bad enough, using NG is a perfectly acceptable addition...but with as light a hand and footprint on their part as possible.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Both work, but one can certainly prevent the other.

Or watch out for number #1, and don't step in #2. :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Fecesbook equals facebook
AFAN, often, refers to his "feed", on facebook **
fecesbook users have lost the ability to debate, argue.
AFAN, apparently, had some classes in philosophy. SOcrates and Niche are both philosophers.
So, I was pointing out that I understood what you meant, because I think beyond two choices, (fecesbook mindset ) as too what you mean. That the TAATS hypocrisy IS, once again, shining thru for all to see. For this, I do laud tRump......he does reveal much. More so by idiots exposing themselves. IE: it's ok to commit crimes, b/c.....

**( which means the thousands of same minded people on his "feed" (he will claim otherwise), have refaffirmed, in the form of LIKES......or thumbs up, or whatever symbol, that his method of net moving explanations is thumbsUPable. Comeon, fecesbook users, don't YOU get pumped when your thumbs up goes double digits :roll: }
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Fecesbook equals facebook
AFAN, often, refers to his "feed", on facebook **
fecesbook users have lost the ability to debate, argue.
AFAN, apparently, had some classes in philosophy. SOcrates and Niche are both philosophers.
So, I was pointing out that I understood what you meant, because I think beyond two choices, (fecesbook mindset ) as too what you mean. That the TAATS hypocrisy IS, once again, shining thru for all to see. For this, I do laud tRump......he does reveal much. More so by idiots exposing themselves. IE: it's ok to commit crimes, b/c.....

**( which means the thousands of same minded people on his "feed" (he will claim otherwise), have refaffirmed, in the form of LIKES......or thumbs up, or whatever symbol, that his method of net moving explanations is thumbsUPable. Comeon, fecesbook users, don't YOU get pumped when your thumbs up goes double digits :roll: }
Got it, Thanks.
~Livy

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 pm Both work, but one can certainly prevent the other.

Or watch out for number #1, and don't step in #2. :lol:

No clue what you mean here.

Comments regarding the pictures.

#1. Foolish. As a card carrying atheist, it offends me that tRump picks the boring book. Or, any book, really. Standing in front of a church. He doesn't believe in god anyway. Certainly not a christian.

#2. Isn't it a crime to have more than 10, 15, 25 or 50.....or whatever your state/towns nazi restrictions are, on human , in person gatherings. A crime. So, the guy that got arrested in Maryland, a few weeks back, b/c HE had a party. (Upper Marlboro area, I believe )
Interesting, that hypocrite MDLAXFAN, was glad that this man got arrested. he broke the law. Now, though, Baltimore is "doing it right" by allowing the very same to occur. Human gatherings of more than..........

It's really this simple folks. We will respect your laws when you do.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

sheesh, I made the mistake of opening up another of your indecipherable rants, rrr.

What man in Upper Marlboro got arrested that supposedly I was pleased about?
Am I actually supposed to know what you're projecting on me now?
calourie

Post by calourie »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:23 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:49 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:50 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
Doing weii thanks. Good to hear from you.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?
Or is your comprehension skills and/or TDS really that bad?

I'm guessing the last. TDS.

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Your response is a cop out.
Mattis is decrying Trump militarizing the response. All Trump has done is use the National Guard in DC, just as Governors have done in their states. He has not deployed active duty troops under the Insurrection Act to restore order or to guarantee civil rights, as previous Presidents have.
The problem as I see it , OS, is the rhetoric and posturing Trump employs, as emphasized in this view expressed by General Allen:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-mari ... 43340.html

I understand your disapproval of the looting and rioting as well as the risk of a coronavirus resurgence as a result of what is now transpiring, but I feel it incumbant to point out the unhelpful and incendiary and often unconstitutional words and actions of Trump.
I understand why retired senior military officers like Mattis, Allen, Mullen, McCraven & others may disagree with the tone of Trump's rhetoric & fear that the public may think that National Guard forces are active duty forces, may not appreciate the distinction, & mistakenly think that Trump has deployed active duty forces.

It's the media's responsibility to inform the public of this critical distinction. I'm not surprised that they are contributing to the public's misunderstanding.

My contention is that it is reasonable & prudent to use Federal law enforcement & DC National Guard forces to protect the WH perimeter & to quell rioting near (& defacing of) the Federal buildings & monuments that those Federal law enforcement agencies are responsible for protecting.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style & rhetoric, & feel that his photo ops are exploiting the situation. Trump supporters maintain that he is showing strength, signalling that the WH & Federal buildings & monuments are off limits to rioters & will be defended, & demonstrating to Mayors & Governors how to effectively use their Police & National Guard.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style, but the tactics on the ground (& overhead) in DC on Mon night, were effective. If I were a resident or business owner in NYC, Philly, StL, Santa Monica, the Twin Cities & other looted cities, I'd welcome such a response in my city.

Stay safe. Be well.
such a constant whitewash from you, Salty.

Trump threatened to use the Insurrection Act, put General Milley 'in charge', called up active duty military, and, yeah, the various Generals and Admirals have stood up and said shut up.

The Governors who had serious issues were all calling up NG support and everyone understood they were doing so...but Trump and crew started talking about 'dominating the battle space' and using active duty troops to do so...

Stop with the whitewash.

Personally I prefer the tactics of Houston's police chief and many others who have successfully addressed peaceful protestors and found their support in return.

And I really like what has happened (so far, fingers crossed) here in Baltimore.

Where protestors have been shown lots of respect and empathy, the heat has been kept in check...but there are always going to be the miscreants who try to take advantage, whether for personal gain ala looting or in incitement of further violence and division.

They DO need to be addressed, and if it's bad enough, using NG is a perfectly acceptable addition...but with as light a hand and footprint on their part as possible.
Well put, MD. And a good fleshing out of what I was trying to convey to OS with my reference to Mattis and Allen's criticisms. Not that we are going to get much agreement from Salty who has made clear on this matter and many others other than deep state issues that he is often a "the ends justify the means" kinda guy with a strong bias towards honoring chain of command and maintaining order.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm such a constant whitewash from you, Salty.

Stop with the whitewash.

Esper used the term "battlespace" in a briefing with Governors regarding their use of their National Guard, not active duty forces.
He subsequently said he regretted the use of the term.

Gen Milley was in fatigues because he was called directly from, & returned to, a command center where fatigues were the uniform of the day.
He was wearing the same uniform as the National Guard troops he was visiting.

Aren't you worried about the covid spread when Police Chiefs & Mayors kneel in prayer circles with protesters.
Was the Houston Police Chief wearing a N95 mask ? The LA Mayor was unmasked, just like your favorite Ozark knuckleheads.

If your business is looted or your commercial real estate torched, maybe you'll appreciate Trump's tactics.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:58 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 pm The bold is comical....very funny afan. You pull this same nonsense all the tiime. Classic netmoving.
This is the third time now that you're giving me grief for pointing out that we're not understanding what the other is saying.

And you're calling me a bully for telling you that you and I are having problems communicating, and suggesting that you and I move on.

You're free to do whatever you wish.....
I apologize.....it IS you that has the pattern of "requesting" to move on. With others, mostly . Mostly gloss over your comments at this point, you are infected with fecesbook mindset. You often are "losing" a topic and debate, hence the net moving. The trail regarding the video of the gorgeous young black woman, a HERO healthcare worker, btw, is there to see. You are AFAN of referring, or certainly threatening to refer too, older posts. As can we. With that said, it is evident that you made MANY claims about, her, her rights, proper ways to protest, etc. etc.

You backed up NONE of them. If fact, you actually made stuff up. Very fecesbook mindset. ......and, then blame ME for not understanding your net moving.

I mean, for gosh sakes, do what you do best, and go back. You actually introduced, forgive me, it was an attempt to support a claim, a NEW video, with no link, no reference Huh? Who debates like that? I mean, it's like introducing the lyrics of Fishermans Blues by the water boys.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm such a constant whitewash from you, Salty.

Stop with the whitewash.

Esper used the term "battlespace" in a briefing with Governors regarding their use of their National Guard, not active duty forces.
He subsequently said he regretted the use of the term.

Gen Milley was in fatigues because he was called directly from, & returned to, a command center where fatigues were the uniform of the day.
He was wearing the same uniform as the National Guard troops he was visiting.

Aren't you worried about the covid spread when Police Chiefs & Mayors kneel in prayer circles with protesters.
Was the Houston Police Chief wearing a N95 mask ? The LA Mayor was unmasked, just like your favorite Ozark knuckleheads.

If your business is looted or your commercial real estate torched, maybe you'll appreciate Trump's tactics.
And both Esper and Milley appear to be trying to reestablish some credibility by doing so. Milley's statement to the forces struck a good tone. Does Trump know it's a rebuke of him? Nope, or he can pretend he doesn't know, but because lots of people will explain that Milley didn't say anything negative about Der Leader...directly.

This really isn't that different from the conundrum Mattis was in during his tenure. Do you tell the POTUS to shove it or do you twist and turn to try to stay within some degree of influence?

At some point, we may hear Milley's point of view openly and honestly.
But right now, he's the guy with the gig. Same for Esper.

re my concern about COVID spread, you betcha.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”