Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:58 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 am

It's sad, amazing, predictable, and revealing how often the Left bends completely over to make excuses for obvious causal connections. This may come as a shock, but there has been no arrest in this matter, meaning yes, it could be for ANY reason.

But the fact that a riot was only two blocks over, cause only by far-left agitators, where guns were fired and people beaten up, and then this guard is executed, doesn't seem to register even an iota of alarm in your head. Sure, maybe Patrick had an enemy and that guy used the cover of a riot by the far left to gun him down in a guard booth, but then I am reminded that even in Las Vegas sh*t like this goes down every day by the Left:

https://news3lv.com/news/local/major-po ... cus-circus

Look at that 'far right extremist' Mr. Edgar Samaniego; pay no attention to his heritage, he is clearly a far right agitator! :roll:

Meanwhile, the second cop remains on life support, and you haven't heard his name either because you're too far gone on TDS to hear real tragedies in America. Let me help: his name is Shay Mikalonis.

And that d-bag Demnocratic governor Steve Sisolakis is responsible as he played to the mob. eff him and his ideology.

Interesting that your link indicates the Las Vegas incident took place "after" the protests and were not a part of it. Now let's "proof" he was a member of Antifa.

Shay was shot "during' the riots.

The left crossed a dangerous line this week in a way that is fundamentally counter to a necessary component of Democracy, which is to intellectually defend the “right” of people to loot, destroy, attack, & commit violence, because the underlying grievance is blessed by liberals.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

while of course there is a lot of awareness raised, by those doing good, some are out there just for free stuff. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9Sk_Ynarn ... n864njpjjy

because that will fix the problem. violence and free toys
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am while of course there is a lot of awareness raised, by those doing good, some are out there just for free stuff. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9Sk_Ynarn ... n864njpjjy

The many white supremacists in that video really make me re-think my thoughts on looting.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:42 am
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am You gotta admit though, 6, Trump showing up with a Bible in his hand is about like Miley Cyrus showing up at a picnic in a nun's habit.
Marianne Faithfull in nun's habit:

She's got her prop Bible too so let's pray before we eat...
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:50 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
Doing weii thanks. Good to hear from you.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?
Or is your comprehension skills and/or TDS really that bad?

I'm guessing the last. TDS.

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Your response is a cop out.
Mattis is decrying Trump militarizing the response. All Trump has done is use the National Guard in DC, just as Governors have done in their states. He has not deployed active duty troops under the Insurrection Act to restore order or to guarantee civil rights, as previous Presidents have.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:51 am Footage from Mogadishu

MAGA
In Mogadishu, they had door guns & snipers on board.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:48 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am while of course there is a lot of awareness raised, by those doing good, some are out there just for free stuff. https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9Sk_Ynarn ... n864njpjjy

The many white supremacists in that video really make me re-think my thoughts on looting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-n ... ing-2020-6

You mean these?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm

MAGA
I had to take a second look at that video. The first 2 seconds seems to show a blackhawk helicopter. After that the chopper is an observation helo. There are no Blackhawks that have skids in them.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:24 am
Shay was shot "during' the riots.

The left crossed a dangerous line this week in a way that is fundamentally counter to a necessary component of Democracy, which is to intellectually defend the “right” of people to loot, destroy, attack, & commit violence, because the underlying grievance is blessed by liberals.

Pardon me. It said "that followed protests in Las Vegas" so I initally interpreted that as meaning after the protests. So you may well be correct that he may have been in the protest after curfew. Now let's see if he is a member of Antifa.

As for ''the “right” of people to loot, destroy, attack, & commit violence'' it will be remembered by forum right wingers who strenuously defended 2d Amendment rights in the old LP to protect themselves from government abuses. We have seen many examples of government abuses in this forum such as attacks on peaceful protesters, police destruction of water bottles and slashing of tires, and even attacks on news media personnel who are only doing their job. Those of you who stood up for the 2d Amendment in LP need to stand up now like you did before so as to validate your past principles. However, if you have abandoned those ideals, then go ahead and say so and I'll drop the subject.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
calourie

Post by calourie »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Mattis is decrying Trump militarizing the response. All Trump has done is use the National Guard in DC, just as Governors have done in their states. He has not deployed active duty troops under the Insurrection Act to restore order or to guarantee civil rights, as previous Presidents have.
The problem as I see it , OS, is the rhetoric and posturing Trump employs, as emphasized in this view expressed by General Allen:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-mari ... 43340.html

I understand your disapproval of the looting and rioting as well as the risk of a coronavirus resurgence as a result of what is now transpiring, but I feel it incumbant to point out the unhelpful and incendiary and often unconstitutional words and actions of Trump.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:51 pm
holmes435 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm Media: "Police used tear gas cannisters to disperse crowds"
Police: "Nah, we were using smoke canisters (smoke is an irritant) and pepper balls (tear gas in a paintball)"
Pepper balls use the same irritant as pepper spray, not tear gas. Much less harsh & does not spread as widely.
WUSA has published photos of police canisters gathered by news crews Monday night show federal police DID use artificial CS tear gas in addition to natural OC gas

I don't get the point of lying about stuff that's easily confirmable (although routinely done daily by their boss).
I'm going to assume something similar is true about low flying helos (also being used in contravention of domestic use policy) including incredibly one Medivac helo with military Medical Red Cross markings on its sides plus an Air National Guard RC-26B reconnaissance aircraft circled the DC protests concurrently . Not a good look, especially when the DC NG is under the command of the Federal Government and not the city.

Same stupid stuff as deploying Federal LE employees without ID who cop attitudes like "Guess who?" when asked who they are
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:31 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:22 pm

MAGA
I had to take a second look at that video. The first 2 seconds seems to show a blackhawk helicopter. After that the chopper is an observation helo. There are no Blackhawks that have skids in them.
The first & last images were Blackhawks in high hovers. The others, all skid configured, were UH-72 Lakotas, the new Guard light utility helos which recently replaced the Vietnam vintage UH-1 Huey (2 blade - distinctive wop-wop-wop sound). All were using their search lights, possibly looking for rioters with weapons & in communication with Guard embedded with Police on the street. The DC Army National Guard has both Blackhawks & Lakotas.

SecDef Esper said there will be an investigation of how the DC National Guard UH-72's with Medevac marking were used. Rest assured, the Pentagon press corps will follow up.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:51 pm
holmes435 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm Media: "Police used tear gas cannisters to disperse crowds"
Police: "Nah, we were using smoke canisters (smoke is an irritant) and pepper balls (tear gas in a paintball)"
Pepper balls use the same irritant as pepper spray, not tear gas. Much less harsh & does not spread as widely.
WUSA has published photos of police canisters gathered by news crews Monday night show federal police DID use artificial CS tear gas in addition to natural OC gas

I don't get the point of lying about stuff that's easily confirmable (although routinely done daily by their boss).
I'm going to assume something similar is true about low flying helos (also being used in contravention of domestic use policy) including incredibly one Medivac helo with military Medical Red Cross markings on its sides. Not a good look.

Same stupid stuff as deploying Federal LE employees without ID who cop attitudes like "Guess who?" when asked who they are
Those darn journalists. Always looking to find out the truth about things.

Paraphrasing the villain at the end of a Scooby Doo episode, if it wasn’t for you meddling journalists, I would’ve gotten away with claiming I didn’t use tear gas.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:49 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Did you really read it?

The problem as I see it , OS, is the rhetoric and posturing Trump employs, as emphasized in this view expressed by General Allen:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-mari ... 43340.html

I understand your disapproval of the looting and rioting as well as the risk of a coronavirus resurgence as a result of what is now transpiring, but I feel it incumbant to point out the unhelpful and incendiary and often unconstitutional words and actions of Trump.
I understand why retired senior military officers like Mattis, Allen, Mullen, McCraven & others may disagree with the tone of Trump's rhetoric & fear that the public may think that National Guard forces are active duty forces, may not appreciate the distinction, & mistakenly think that Trump has deployed active duty forces.

It's the media's responsibility to inform the public of this critical distinction. I'm not surprised that they are contributing to the public's misunderstanding.

My contention is that it is reasonable & prudent to use Federal law enforcement & DC National Guard forces to protect the WH perimeter & to quell rioting near (& defacing of) the Federal buildings & monuments that those Federal law enforcement agencies are responsible for protecting.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style & rhetoric, & feel that his photo ops are exploiting the situation. Trump supporters maintain that he is showing strength, signalling that the WH & Federal buildings & monuments are off limits to rioters & will be defended, & demonstrating to Mayors & Governors how to effectively use their Police & National Guard.

Critics may disagree with Trump's style, but the tactics on the ground (& overhead) in DC on Mon night, were effective. If I were a resident or business owner in NYC, Philly, StL, Santa Monica, the Twin Cities & other looted cities, I'd welcome such a response in my city.

Stay safe. Be well.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 am

It's sad, amazing, predictable, and revealing how often the Left bends completely over to make excuses for obvious causal connections.

Here's what I find sad, amazing and predictable. Peter Brown actually wrote the awful things below. He apparently still believes them. And he still shows his face around here. Shameless. Deplorable.

“The preliminary autopsy was just released right now, and the results suggest that the deceased died of causes unrelated to the cop's knee.”

“You are wrong here. The cop did not torture the guy 'to death'. He died of other causes,”
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”