Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Racism in America- Week 2 of Riots

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:56 pm You can't separate the looters from the protesters.
I know.

What's your solution?
8pm curfew. Enforced. It worked in DC Mon night. Clear the streets with horse patrols & armored vehicles. Over watch from rooftops & helos, Rapid response tac teams to looting scenes. Armed NG in front of govt buildings & loot-able businesses. Encourage pvt sec in front of HVT's like Saks 5th Ave had in NYC. Arrest only looters & violent rioters. Harass the rest, don't let them congregate. Auth deadly force vs anyone with a weapon, molotov cocktail, or who attacks police or NG. Take back the streets. Take the fun out of it so they stay home after curfew. The Police & NG know how to do it, if allowed.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

ggait wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 pm Like Coronavirus, there's no vaccine or treatment for TDS.

Adm. McRaven. Adm. McMullen. General Mattis is only the latest to succumb to the TDS scourge.

Sad!!

In Union There Is Strength

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.
Perfectly said, ggait.

Thank you for your service.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:13 pmI can't breathe, ...if I get the virus.
Funny or insensitive, I’m going with the latter. I’m sure you thought you were being clever, instead it comes across as demeaning the moment, and the murder of George Floyd.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If the far-left protesters are any more 'peaceful', we are all going to die soon. Two cops shot, one knifed in NYC.

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/t ... hes-wrong/

Also, progressives love media, correct? Even when they physically assault the media? I thought Trump was media's worst enemy?

https://www.channel3000.com/mpd-televis ... g-protest/
https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott/statu ... 89954?s=20
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 am If the far-left protesters are any more 'peaceful', we are all going to die soon. Two cops shot, one knifed in NYC.

Also, progressives love media, correct? Even when they physically assault the media? I thought Trump was media's worst enemy?

from one of your cites:

here is a possible explanation for why such writings appear on public property:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/06/la ... r-graffiti

as for attacks on the news media, far right radical cops have done it well over 100 times:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cops+at ... e&ie=UTF-8

For so called "principled" right wingers who believe themselves to be protectors and guarantors of all 1st and 2d Amendment rights, you should be shocked and enraged over these criminal actions. Let's see you condemn these Nazi style atrocities.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Please don't be too nice."

tRump gives police and excuse to be brutal.
A different president might have tried to quell the unrest and unify the nation, but Trump is incapable of that. He cannot rally Americans around a common identity or interest, because his presidency is a rejection of the concept, an affirmation of the conviction that America’s traditional social hierarchies are good and just. He is hardly the first president to embrace those hierarchies as unassailably virtuous, but he is the first in decades to do so openly. Law and order, for this president, simply means that he and his ideological allies are above the law, while others, such as Floyd, are merely subject to it. The chaos sweeping across the United States has many causes, but the one over which the president has the most control is the culture of lawlessness and impunity he has cultivated and embraced. When you attempt to impose “law and order” without justice, you get chaos.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

OK so this original post doesn't offend little boy Zuckerberg.

https://www.facebook.com/james.eckard.1 ... 2155902724
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 am If the far-left protesters are any more 'peaceful', we are all going to die soon. Two cops shot, one knifed in NYC.

from one of your cites:

here is a possible explanation for why such writings appear on public property:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/06/la ... r-graffiti

as for attacks on the news media, far right radical cops have done it well over 100 times:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cops+at ... e&ie=UTF-8

For so called "principled" right wingers who believe themselves to be protectors and guarantors of all 1st and 2d Amendment rights, you should be shocked and enraged over these criminal actions. Let's see you condemn these Nazi style atrocities.

I posted actual assaults, two cops shot and one cop knifed, and your reply is media self-serving 'beliefs' that cops are framing the media. Yeah, suuuuuuuuuuure.

That's not even the issue though: the media is wholly on the side of the rioters and looters, how will law enforcement distinguish who they are anymore? The media claims the protesters are 'peaceful' (did the DNC issue a talking points memo on that btw, because literally every media talking head repeated it endlessly yesterday, though of course it's not accurate, still, narrative baby!); the media stokes real anger at cops putting their lives in clear and present danger, but you want cops to take it easy on them? :lol:

I didn't even post the assault on the NBC crew by some black protesters, which NBC conveniently forgot to broadcast to its own audience, because narrative...

Anyway, this never concerns me anymore; this is not the day and age of Dan Rather where the media could lie with impunity. Today, social media picks up the truth and exposes everyone for who they are. Progressives are against a civil society; media is their ally; and the Democratic Party will suffer when voting rolls around.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ggait wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 pm Like Coronavirus, there's no vaccine or treatment for TDS.

Adm. McRaven. Adm. McMullen. General Mattis is only the latest to succumb to the TDS scourge.

Sad!!

In Union There Is Strength

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

I join with General Mattis in this sentiment. However, his one error is in suggesting this is the first time this has happened during his lifetime. The right wing applauded when the government along with right wing radicals committed this atrocity:

Once again, the government is killing the citizenry and brain washing people like some of the right wing delusionals on this forum into "thinking" (if it can be called thinking) it has the exclusive right to define contitutional and all other rights. The delusionals say those who protest are the ones who are dissenting and disrupting society. But, on the contrary, it is the government and its radical far right stooges who are the ones engaging in politically criminal conduct that would shock our Founders. Thus, he was correct when he said "“The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ " They have succeeded in programming and inspiring anti America delusionals in their quest to destroy the USA. The problem being that they are too blinded by their hate to see it. Contrary to the mysticism right wingers succumb to, these are truths, not TDS.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:50 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
Doing weii thanks. Good to hear from you.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?
Or is your comprehension skills and/or TDS really that bad?

I'm guessing the last. TDS.

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Your response is a cop out.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 am
I posted actual assaults, two cops shot and one cop knifed, and your reply is media self-serving 'beliefs' that cops are framing the media. Yeah, suuuuuuuuuuure.

That's not even the issue though: the media is wholly on the side of the rioters and looters, how will law enforcement distinguish who they are anymore? The media claims the protesters are 'peaceful' (did the DNC issue a talking points memo on that btw, because literally every media talking head repeated it endlessly yesterday, though of course it's not accurate, still, narrative baby!); the media stokes real anger at cops putting their lives in clear and present danger, but you want cops to take it easy on them? :lol:

I didn't even post the assault on the NBC crew by some black protesters, which NBC conveniently forgot to broadcast to its own audience, because narrative...

Anyway, this never concerns me anymore; this is not the day and age of Dan Rather where the media could lie with impunity. Today, social media picks up the truth and exposes everyone for who they are. Progressi against a civil societyves are; media is their ally; and the Democratic Party will suffer when voting rolls around.

~ how will law enforcement distinguish who they are anymore ~

Doesn't take too much of a brain to ascertain who they are by the large microphones, cameras, name tags, and other forms of identification they carry. Example:

https://time.com/5846497/journalists-po ... -protests/

~ Progressive are against a civil society ~

Not surpisingly, you continue to re-echo the aberrant thoughts of the Nazis while ignoring the crimes of traitors such as the Three Percenters and anti mask delusionals among others.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 am
Once again, the government is killing the citizenry and brain washing people like some of the right wing delusionals on this forum into "thinking" (if it can be called thinking) it has the exclusive right to define contitutional and all other rights. The delusionals say those who protest are the ones who are dissenting and disrupting society. But, on the contrary, it is the government and its radical far right stooges who are the ones engaging in politically criminal conduct that would shock our Founders. Thus, he was correct when he said "“The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ " They have succeeded in programming and inspiring anti America delusionals in their quest to destroy the USA. The problem being that they are too blinded by their hate to see it. Contrary to the mysticism right wingers succumb to, these are truths, not TDS.

The Constitution looks like very strong here...good thing no one had a baby out for a stroll in LA or NYC yesterday, look at all the right wingers in these photos:

Baltimore Freddy Gray era:

Balto.jpg
Balto.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

NYC David Dorm era:

nyc-looting-midtown.jpg
nyc-looting-midtown.jpg (222.88 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 am
ToastDunk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:17 pm Forget the f’ing tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, flash bangs, et all. The President of the United States used police/military force to disrupt US citizens from expressing their 1st Amendment rights to clear a path for a photo op. Unacceptable. I don’t imagine even Old Salt will defend these actions initiated by the President. It’s un-American.
Either lift all covid related restrictions on public gatherings & social distancing or apply them to these " peaceful protests" which mask rioting, looting, arson & anarchy.

Spare me the 1st Amendment tears for this, how many of our rights have been usurped the past 2.5 mos ?

In addition to the harm these peaceful protests are doing to public safety & property damage, they're a needless public health risk that threatens to undo all that we've been sacrificing for the past 4 mos.
Hi OS. Hope you get a chance to read James Mattis' scathing criticism of Trump and his behavior not only surrounding the current protests and rioting, but actually indicting Trump's entire tenure in office. I referenced an article outlining it in my post at the top of this page. Might have some influence on your thinking about what is going on. Perhaps not. In any regard I hope you are well.
I disagree with Mattis that using the National Guard is militarizing the response. In the states, the Guard are under the command of the Governors. Only in DC is the Guard under the direction of the President. The Guard is not being used in any way different than they have been used in previous times of civil unrest when they deployed in support of law enforcement.

If Trump had Federalized the state Guard units, invoked the Insurrection Act, declared martial law or deployed active duty forces,
then Mattis might have a point, depending on the magnitude of the public disorder.
I thought Esper was pitch perfect today (Mattis approved him as Sec of Army, btw)

I agree with Trump's tactics in suppressing the public disorder. I agree with the underlying public message of strength that he's sending.
He's using his WWE promotional style to convey that message to his base, to make the MSM apoplectic & to make his critics look weak.
Did you really read it?

Mattis did NOT critique Governors using the Guard...and he said, way, way, way more than what you have responded to.

Rather fashionable these days to Blame Trump for everything

Wonder when General Mattis will right an op ed on the inept and disgusting performance of mayors and governors who let their cities burn, the businesses they're sworn to protect destroyed and the police assaulted and killed.

You do know many more cops have been killed in the last week after Mr Floyds death. Minority officers stabbed shot and run over by vehicles.

But Mattis and you TDS'rs object to Trumps walk across Lafayette Park with a bible.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 am
The Constitution looks like very strong here...good thing no one had a baby out for a stroll in LA or NYC yesterday, look at all the right wingers in these photos:

Baltimore Freddy Gray era:

Balto. jpg

NYC David Dorm era:

nyc-looting-midtown. jpg

right wing violence yesterday:

Murrah Building

right wing violence today:

3 self-proclaimed members of the far-right 'boogaloo' movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges for trying to spark violence during protests

https://www.businessinsider.com/3-booga ... acy-2020-6

Three self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were held on domestic terrorism charges after federal prosecutors accused them of trying to spark violence during police brutality protests in Las Vegas.
The "boogaloo" movement was defined in the charging document as "a term used by extremists to signify coming civil war and/or fall of civilization." The three men previously served in the US Navy, Army, and Air Force, according to the filing.
Each defendant was charged with conspiracy to damage and destroy by using fire and explosives, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
According to the filing, the men in late May discussed "causing an incident to incite chaos and possibly a riot" in response to George Floyd's death.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

ToastDunk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:34 amPerfectly said, ggait. Thank you for your service.
umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think ggait was quoting General Mattis...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn

Three self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were held on domestic terrorism charges after federal prosecutors accused them of trying to spark violence during police brutality protests in Las Vegas.
The "boogaloo" movement was defined in the charging document as "a term used by extremists to signify coming civil war and/or fall of civilization." The three men previously served in the US Navy, Army, and Air Force, according to the filing.
Each defendant was charged with conspiracy to damage and destroy by using fire and explosives, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
According to the filing, the men in late May discussed "causing an incident to incite chaos and possibly a riot" in response to George Floyd's death.

Wait a sec: I thought cops were framing lefties for the violence, not the far right? Now comes word that the oh-too-fearsome boogaloo squad is dipping their toes into terrorism? Which is it? :lol:

Also, wish you knew who Patrick Underwood was...but your mainstream national media won't discuss him much, so maybe google him.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:22 am
Brooklyn

Wait a sec: I thought cops were framing lefties for the violence, not the far right? Now comes word that the oh-too-fearsome boogaloo squad is dipping their toes into terrorism? Which is it? :lol:

Also, wish you knew who Patrick Underwood was...but your mainstream national media won't discuss him much, so maybe google him.
No one is framing anyone here. Informant was observing, and guys were loaded up with molotov cocktail gear and full gas cans when they were arrested.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 am

Did you really read it?

Wonder when General Mattis will right an op ed on the inept and disgusting performance of mayors and governors who let their cities burn, the businesses they're sworn to protect destroyed and the police assaulted and killed.

You do know many more cops have been killed in the last week after Mr Floyds death. Minority officers stabbed shot and run over by vehicles.

But Mattis and you TDS'rs object to Trumps walk across Lafayette Park with a bible.
Is Trump POTUS or is someone else in that role?
This is going down, nationally, on his watch.

Poor Trumpy, everyone is so mean to him...

Even his favorite General...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:22 am
ToastDunk wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:34 amPerfectly said, ggait. Thank you for your service.
umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think ggait was quoting General Mattis...

Yes, directly.
Just a guess, but I think ToastDunk understood that to be the case.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:33 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 am

Did you really read it?

Is Trump POTUS or is someone else in that role?
This is going down, nationally, on his watch.

Poor Trumpy, everyone is so mean to him...

Even his favorite General...
You make my point.

De Blasio and Cuomo allow NYC to burn but Trumps the bad guy (and decisive) for wanting to take steps to stop it.

Loved that image of Sax 5th Avenue wrapped in razor wire and guard dogs all around the perimeter.

You liked that to Ill bet.

Return to “POLITICS”