Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode Nationwide with Help From Instigators

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:37 am And to clear out a path - they used tear gas to move out legally protesting people, who were not being violent. Trump made his "walk" before curfew and could have waited for about 45 minutes and then they would have been evicting people out past curfew, but no...
There was a twitter post by a reporter at 7:06 saying Trump was departing the WH.
The curfew started at 7pm. The streets were to be clear by then.
The protesters needed to depart Laf Sq early enough to be off the streets, or out of DC, by 7pm, not later.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:04 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:59 am
And you're just fine with unlawful/unfettered anarchy and keep making light of it? :roll:
No, and that does not describe the folks in Lafayette Park yesterday who were evicted and assaulted while exercising their First Amendment rights BEFORE the curfew went into effect. They were not ordered to disperse but were assaulted and forcibly removed to allow for a pitiful display of BS by DOPUS and his cronies. Including members of the Episcopalian clergy from their own property

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/02/ahe ... ite-house/
The curfew went into effect at 7pm. The protesters in Lafayette park & elaewhere needed to depart early enough to be off the streets for the night by 7pm. Law enforcement helped them comply with the curfew, on time.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:58 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 am
And you're just fine with unlawful/unfettered anarchy and keep making light of it? :roll:
No, and that does not describe the folks in Lafayette Park yesterday who were evicted and assaulted while exercising their First Amendment rights BEFORE the curfew went into effect. They were not ordered to disperse but were assaulted and forcibly removed to allow for a pitiful display of BS by DOPUS and his cronies.
They set the FN church on fire the night before. A centuries old historic landmark. That symbolism escapes you?

You still think this is about Mr Flloyd. ARE YOU THAT NAIVE.
Not the same people, genius. Why don't you just ENLIST and join the party. :oops:
How the h*ll do you know know they weren't the same people. Genius. Are you clairvoyant.

Because they said they weren't? Maybe you are that naive.
No, Einstein but not apparently as stupid as you. I always thought in this country you don't get gassed and assaulted while exercising your First Amendment rights to peacefully protest to make room for a crass publicity stunt by the idiot masquerading at head of state
You don't get gassed or assaulted if you move out when the police tell you to.
Are you reporting that there were no orders given to depart the area before the gas was fired & the protesters engaged ?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:09 pm
No, and that does not describe the folks in Lafayette Park yesterday who were evicted and assaulted while exercising their First Amendment rights BEFORE the curfew went into effect. They were not ordered to disperse but were assaulted and forcibly removed to allow for a pitiful display of BS by DOPUS and his cronies.
They set the FN church on fire the night before. A centuries old historic landmark. That symbolism escapes you?

Not the same people, genius. Why don't you just ENLIST and join the party. :oops:
How the h*ll do you know know they weren't the same people. Genius. Are you clairvoyant.

No, Einstein but not apparently as stupid as you. I always thought in this country you don't get gassed and assaulted while exercising your First Amendment rights to peacefully protest to make room for a crass publicity stunt by the idiot masquerading at head of state
Are you reporting that there were no orders given to depart the area before the gas was fired & the protesters engaged ?

They were smoke bombs not tear gas.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:09 pm

They were smoke bombs not tear gas.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 pm police.jpg[/img]

re = So much for the utterly laughable claim that he thought he was "hiding". :oops: :oops: :oops:

I get it, I get it. Ill take some blame for that, but he is BEHIND a car, not in the middle of a street with nothing else around like the Boston PD. Cut me a little slack.

Sorry pal, but I can't stop laughing for now. Mebbe later ...

In case you didn't know it, the incident took place in front of a super market with people constantly walking in and out of the place with multiple witnesses. With more witnesses appearing as the poor victim was screaming. Had you said that Chauvin was blinded by his hate and lost himself in it at that moment, then I'd cut you just a bit of the slack you're looking for. :oops:

That's fair, I can take it.

But prepare to go nuclear Brookie, cause your Po-Po Chief just defended Chauvin and released Floyd's extensive criminal history rap sheet, implying that there is more to this story than meets the eye. :o

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/george-fl ... ion-chief/

Incoming 3-2-1...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:42 pm US Park Police said they used smoke bombs not tear gas. You wouldn’t use tear gas then ride a horse directly into it. :roll:
The reporting is that both flash bang grenades and tear gas were used.

It might be true that the Park Police didn’t use tear gas. I don’t know. There were a number of different law-enforcement agencies present. One of them used tear gas. I was watching live. It was obvious.

Even if flash bang grenades (not smoke bombs) were also used, how is that legal? Answer: it wasn’t.

All for a Trump campaign stunt, which by the way has colossally backfired. The stunt was also illegal as it occurred after 7 PM. Gee, I wonder why Trump and his entourage weren’t arrested for violating the curfew?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:13 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 pm police.jpg[/img]

re = So much for the utterly laughable claim that he thought he was "hiding". :oops: :oops: :oops:

I get it, I get it. Ill take some blame for that, but he is BEHIND a car, not in the middle of a street with nothing else around like the Boston PD. Cut me a little slack.

Sorry pal, but I can't stop laughing for now. Mebbe later ...

In case you didn't know it, the incident took place in front of a super market with people constantly walking in and out of the place with multiple witnesses. With more witnesses appearing as the poor victim was screaming. Had you said that Chauvin was blinded by his hate and lost himself in it at that moment, then I'd cut you just a bit of the slack you're looking for. :oops:

That's fair, I can take it.

But prepare to go nuclear Brookie, cause your Po-Po Chief just defended Chauvin and released Floyd's extensive criminal history rap sheet, implying that there is more to this story than meets the eye. :o

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/george-fl ... ion-chief/

Incoming 3-2-1...
https://www.innocenceproject.org/tag/minneapolis/
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:04 pm The curfew went into effect at 7pm. The protesters in Lafayette park & elaewhere needed to depart early enough to be off the streets for the night by 7pm. Law enforcement helped them comply with the curfew, on time.
So why were Trump and his entourage permitted to violate the curfew? Why didn’t law-enforcement prevent them from leaving the White House grounds?
ggait

Post by ggait »

But prepare to go nuclear Brookie, cause your Po-Po Chief just defended Chauvin and released Floyd's extensive criminal history rap sheet, implying that there is more to this story than meets the eye.
Peter -- another direct question we'd like to hear you answer.

Could you tell us how Floyd's priors are relevant to whether he can be restrained until he dies?

Restrained by four armed officers after the victim has been handcuffed and rendered unconscious?

Tell us what YOU think about that.

I'm also curious about how the four cops would have possibly even known about Floyd's priors? Is there any evidence that they ID-ed him and ran a background check before beginning to compress his neck? I have seen zero evidence suggesting the cops knew anything about Floyd and his record.

FYI, these statements were made by the police UNION chief. Which of course is a totally different person/job/role from the POLICE chief (as your post wrongly implies).

FYI, the media has reported lots of details about Floyd's priors. That has been known and disclosed from the start -- Floyd got out of prison in Texas and moved to MN to start over. I knew that a week ago. What is the new information to which you refer to being released?

Just let us know what your point (pun intended ;) ) is here.

Thanks.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nigel wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pm According to the white girl, the black girl has it all wrong. Others just want her to be quiet because she doesn't 'fit' the message. Judge as you see fit but Nestride has some stones.

Total logic fail. Gang violence in Chicago has nothing to do with trained government employees murdering black men.

This is like walking into the middle of a Tea Party protest and asking them why they aren't protesting about 2A rights.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:13 pm Po-Po Chief just defended Chauvin.
He's not the police chief. He's the head of the police Union....which is not the same thing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:25 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:04 pm The curfew went into effect at 7pm. The protesters in Lafayette park & elaewhere needed to depart early enough to be off the streets for the night by 7pm. Law enforcement helped them comply with the curfew, on time.
So why were Trump and his entourage permitted to violate the curfew? Why didn’t law-enforcement prevent them from leaving the White House grounds?
Because they are the public officials in charge of the Fed law enforcement & DC NG personnel who just cleared the area in front of the WH.
Leading from the front.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t know what you were referring to.

None of the people in Trump’s entourage were such. Bill Barr? Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? What role did they have in on the ground law enforcement?

None.

No one in that group had any legitimate reason for being on the street in violation of the curfew. But even assuming for the sake of argument that a few people in that group did, certainly the large majority didn’t and thus were in violation of the curfew.

What was Ivanka’s exemption? Jared’s? McEnany’s?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:26 pm
But prepare to go nuclear Brookie, cause your Po-Po Chief just defended Chauvin and released Floyd's extensive criminal history rap sheet, implying that there is more to this story than meets the eye.
Peter -- another direct question we'd like to hear you answer.

Could you tell us how Floyd's priors are relevant to whether he can be restrained until he dies?

Restrained by four armed officers after the victim has been handcuffed and rendered unconscious?

Tell us what YOU think about that.

I'm also curious about how the four cops would have possibly even known about Floyd's priors? Is there any evidence that they ID-ed him and ran a background check before beginning to compress his neck? I have seen zero evidence suggesting the cops knew anything about Floyd and his record.

FYI, these statements were made by the police UNION chief. Which of course is a totally different person/job/role from the POLICE chief (as your post wrongly implies).

FYI, the media has reported lots of details about Floyd's priors. That has been known and disclosed from the start -- Floyd got out of prison in Texas and moved to MN to start over. I knew that a week ago. What is the new information to which you refer to being released?

Just let us know what your point (pun intended ;) ) is here.

Thanks.

They're not relevant.

I posted that link only to know what Brook would say regarding the union head's words.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:43 pm I don’t know what you were referring to.

None of the people in Trump’s entourage were such. Bill Barr? Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? What role did they have in on the ground law enforcement?

None.

No one in that group had any legitimate reason for being on the street in violation of the curfew. But even assuming for the sake of argument that a few people in that group did, certainly the large majority didn’t and thus were in violation of the curfew.

FBI & US Marshalls are part of DoJ.
Sec Def - Sec Army - CJCS are the chain of command for the DC NG & the military helicopters overhead.
It was a leadership demonstration, providing cover, for timid Governors & Mayors, afraid to use their law enforcement & state NG resources.
They can now justify any actions they take as less than those taken by the President.
It was also a demonstration of how to effectively use those resources.
Contrast last night in DC to the night before, or compared to NYC last night, where the Mayor declared he doesn't need the NG, but didn't have enough NYPD to stop the looting.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Nigel wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:55 pm According to the white girl, the black girl has it all wrong. Others just want her to be quiet because she doesn't 'fit' the message. Judge as you see fit but Nestride has some stones.

Total logic fail. Gang violence in Chicago has nothing to do with trained government employees murdering black men.

This is like walking into the middle of a Tea Party protest and asking them why they aren't protesting about 2A rights.
Yeah. Unless trained govt employees are involved (or fail to police effectively), some black lives don't matter. Perfect logic.

How large & well trained is the Chicago PD, IL State Police & IL NG ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:42 pm US Park Police said they used smoke bombs not tear gas. You wouldn’t use tear gas then ride a horse directly into it. :roll:
The reporting is that both flash bang grenades and tear gas were used.

It might be true that the Park Police didn’t use tear gas. I don’t know. There were a number of different law-enforcement agencies present. One of them used tear gas. I was watching live. It was obvious.

Even if flash bang grenades (not smoke bombs) were also used, how is that legal? Answer: it wasn’t.

All for a Trump campaign stunt, which by the way has colossally backfired. The stunt was also illegal as it occurred after 7 PM. Gee, I wonder why Trump and his entourage weren’t arrested for violating the curfew?
Anybody that was there would know in a heartbeat. You get upwind of some CS gas you will know and you will not forget it. Using flash bangs is nothing sort of brain damaged. Unless you want people to think they are at a 4th of July celebration. Flash bangs are specifically intended to disorient people in small spaces. In open spaces they are nothing more than M80s. Now if you wanted to throw in a couple of hand grenades... well now there is a way to clear a path mucho quicko.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:06 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:43 pm I don’t know what you were referring to.

None.

FBI & US Marshalls are part of DoJ.
Sec Def - Sec Army - CJCS are the chain of command for the DC NG & the military helicopters overhead.
It was a leadership demonstration, providing cover, for timid Governors & Mayors, afraid to use their law enforcement & state NG resources.
They can now justify any actions they take as less than those taken by the President.
It was also a demonstration of how to effectively use those resources.
Contrast last night in DC to the night before, or compared to NYC last night, where the Mayor declared he doesn't need the NG, but didn't have enough NYPD to stop the looting.
None of that entitles any of them, including Trump, to violate the curfew.

“Leadership demonstration?” How does that exempt them from the curfew? It doesn’t.

Supervising the helicopter pilots? Please. How were they doing that as they walked through Lafayette Square?

The fact that some of them may have ultimate, high level supervisory authority does not mean they had any actual right to be there at the time. None of them were actually doing anything in terms of crowd control.

And let’s not kid ourselves. Nobody was there to supervise crowd control. They were all there to be part of Trump’s photo op.

As I said, however, even assuming for the sake of argument that a couple of them were exempted, the large majority weren’t.

You ignore my reference to Ivanka, Jared, and McEnany, I assume because you concede they violated the curfew. Same for almost everyone else in the entourage. Obviously, the Secret Service are exempted because they have to follow Trump around even if the excursion is illegal.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say it was OK to clear the streets of protesters in advance of the 7 PM curfew on the one hand and on the other say it is OK for Trump people to violate the curfew.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Phew ! We can stop worrying about White Supremacy Groups.
Susan Rice assures us it's the Russians fomenting the unrest.

Return to “POLITICS”