Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode Nationwide with Help From Instigators

Post by 6ftstick »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:04 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:59 am
And you're just fine with unlawful/unfettered anarchy and keep making light of it? :roll:
No, and that does not describe the folks in Lafayette Park yesterday who were evicted and assaulted while exercising their First Amendment rights BEFORE the curfew went into effect. They were not ordered to disperse but were assaulted and forcibly removed to allow for a pitiful display of BS by DOPUS and his cronies.
They set the FN church on fire the night before. A centuries old historic landmark. That symbolism escapes you?

You still think this is about Mr Flloyd. ARE YOU THAT NAIVE.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

it's really a perfect storm- virus-related boredom and stir craziness, social media usage, increasing polarization, police indiscretions, good weather, and DJ Trump stirring s___ up.

all during an election year.

i'm not sure a pair of jeans or a laptop will resolve the day's issues. however, i'd have to think that the violence/destruction is a result of "we tried peaceable measures / maybe this will work".
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 am
And you're just fine with unlawful/unfettered anarchy and keep making light of it? :roll:
No, and that does not describe the folks in Lafayette Park yesterday who were evicted and assaulted while exercising their First Amendment rights BEFORE the curfew went into effect. They were not ordered to disperse but were assaulted and forcibly removed to allow for a pitiful display of BS by DOPUS and his cronies.
They set the FN church on fire the night before. A centuries old historic landmark. That symbolism escapes you?

Not the same people, genius. Why don't you just ENLIST and join the party. :oops:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am

Not the same people, genius. Why don't you just ENLIST and join the party. :oops:
How the h*ll do you know know they weren't the same people. Genius. Are you clairvoyant.

Because they said they weren't? Maybe you are that naive.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:34 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am Let THIS sink in - the only difference I see is that they part their hair on opposite sides of their heads- :(

You can't make this sh*t up. This is Goebbels-level propaganda.

I'd sure like to know what Esper and Milley were doing in this parade? Earlier in the day, Esper was on the record with Governors that they needed to "dominate the battle space" - They appear to have all lost their minds

They evicted/arrested staff of St John's Episcopal Church as part of this stunt. Even at the height of protests in the 60s/70s never witnessed garbage like this.
It is pure desperation on the part of Trump and his fascist regime.
trump trying to play the role of POTUS and some sort of religious icon is pretty freaking stupid. Why go to a church where your value system ( if you can use that term) is against the message they preach on Sunday? I think he is holding up his personal copy of the art of the deal.
I suppose people just need more of the devil in our lives, since everything is going so swell and dandy.
Your point is well taken. Turning to God just for a photo op? I am a miserable failure when it comes to organized religion. I try and be a good person. Waving a bible in front of anybody is the last thing I would ever do. Your faith in God is your personal belief. I would have more impressed had trump just shown up on church on Sunday simply to pray with his fellow Americans.
… he couldn't do that. He would have considered it god upstaging him. :lol: He hates playing second fiddle. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:13 am it's really a perfect storm- virus-related boredom and stir craziness, social media usage, increasing polarization, police indiscretions, good weather, and DJ Trump stirring s___ up.

all during an election year.

i'm not sure a pair of jeans or a laptop will resolve the day's issues. however, i'd have to think that the violence/destruction is a result of "we tried peaceable measures / maybe this will work".

I agree with this post, to some extent anyway; the economy having been shut down, schools out, plus the growing virus of far left activism is what has caused the perfect storm.

I'd caution anyone who blithely excuses violence, riots, mayhem, chaos, and disorder as either necessary or harmless. Police shot in Las Vegas and St. Louis, police run over by cars in New York, and thousands of broken dreams by store owners who did not have insurance are a result of excusing disorder.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:50 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:03 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am Let THIS sink in - the only difference I see is that they part their hair on opposite sides of their heads- :(

You can't make this sh*t up. This is Goebbels-level propaganda.

I'd sure like to know what Esper and Milley were doing in this parade? Earlier in the day, Esper was on the record with Governors that they needed to "dominate the battle space" - They appear to have all lost their minds

They evicted/arrested staff of St John's Episcopal Church as part of this stunt. Even at the height of protests in the 60s/70s never witnessed garbage like this.
Oh sure you can...more Photoshop on left?
Try this 37

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others...When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.”

quote is from just another anarchist troublemaker

I assume you are OK with the activation of elements of 82nd Airborne, 10th Mountain and 1st Infantry Divisions to Washington DC to wage war on American citizens exercising their First Amendment rights to peacefully assemble and protest their government's actions? None of those evicted, who were gassed, shot with rubber bullets BEFORE the time of curfew were in violation of their rights including staff of the church who were assaulted and arrested ON THEIR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.. Your government evicted them to provide for a reality show photo-op for DOPUS and today perhaps American military troops will be ordered to do the same. I'd sure like to know when some military officers and personnel are going to REFUSE AN ILLEGAL ORDER?
… trust me -- ITS COMING!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 pm
It's a bad tattoo, but the giant melting anarchy A on his right upper torso above his moobs. super-men indeed.

Doesn't the fact that it is melted symbolize that it is anti anarchism? Never seen one like that so it makes me wonder if that is what is meant by the symbolism.
No idea, we'd have to ask him. He does have some struck-out Jews and Black people tattoos (can't make the strike-through near his left shoulder), but the A is pretty prominent. In any case, most of these people aren't the brightest bulbs out there so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Hennepin County medical examiner's office has updated their autopsy report (from TalkingPointsMemo):
The Hennepin County medical examiner’s office updated the autopsy report of George Floyd, who was died after white police officer Derek Chauvin dug his knee into Floyd’s neck for over five minutes, to rule his death as a homicide on Monday.

The report states Floyd’s cause of death was caused by “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.”

“Manner of death: Homicide,” the medical examiner wrote.

The report was released after George Floyd’s family commissioned an independent autopsy that determined Floyd had died as a result of “asphyxiation from sustained pressure.”

The examiner’s previous report in the criminal complaint against Chauvin, who has been charged with third-degree murder for Floyd’s death, had stated that the autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:38 pm Image

Very good people... Who also mix up very differing ideologies (anarchism & nazism???)
not that different from this version:
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.49.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.49.08 AM.png (148.43 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 am

How the h*ll do you know know they weren't the same people. Genius. Are you clairvoyant.

No, Einstein but not apparently as stupid as you. I always thought in this country you don't get gassed and assaulted while exercising your First Amendment rights to peacefully protest to make room for a crass publicity stunt by the idiot masquerading at head of state
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:58 am

No, Einstein but not apparently as stupid as you. I always thought in this country you don't get gassed and assaulted while exercising your First Amendment rights to peacefully protest to make room for a crass publicity stunt by the idiot masquerading at head of state

I remain interested in why the Left on this board resorts to direct personal insults like they do. Almost every post. Could anyone explain that to me?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Should we risk our sitting POTUS exercising his free rights to walk where he wants to go? What if it where BHO and the protestors where had just burned up the park? My guess is that you would be fine with protecting the BHO.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:03 am

I remain interested in why the Left on this board resorts to direct personal insults like they do. Almost every post. Could anyone explain that to me?
C'mon PB. You should be able to figure this out without resorting to veiled, generalized insults. Neither level of insult is a particularly intelligent or better way to deal with the issues at hand. That is, unless the intention of the generalized insults is simply to elicit a personal response (a chain yanking as they say) which has been pointed out to you time and again. A change in your approach would likely work wonders in elevating the discussion on this and the other political threads on which you spend so much time and effort engaging.
Last edited by calourie on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

calourie wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 am

C'mon PB. You should be able to figure this out without resorting to veiled, generalized insults. Neither level of insult is a particularly intelligent or better way to deal with the issues at hand.

I honestly only see direct personal insults from the left here. It is a consistent refrain, daily, in any post where the preferred narrative is challenged.

From the right here, you rarely if ever see direct personal insults. I saw 6ft today say 'naive' to someone, but that is not in the same category as 'stupid' imo. If you catch me insulting anyone directly, like I say, check me immediately; it's the sign of a very weak mind and argument.

In any event, generalized Party putdowns are more pleasant ways to express an emphasis than direct petty insults.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:21 am
calourie wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 am

C'mon PB. You should be able to figure this out without resorting to veiled, generalized insults. Neither level of insult is a particularly intelligent or better way to deal with the issues at hand.

I honestly only see direct personal insults from the left here. It is a consistent refrain, daily, in any post where the preferred narrative is challenged.

From the right here, you rarely if ever see direct personal insults. I saw 6ft today say 'naive' to someone, but that is not in the same category as 'stupid' imo. If you catch me insulting anyone directly, like I say, check me immediately; it's the sign of a very weak mind and argument.

In any event, generalized Party putdowns are more pleasant ways to express an emphasis than direct petty insults.
I would refer you to the follow up a I wrote to my response above. Pleasant perhaps, but no more effective or well meaning or intended.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Because trollS like you DESERVE IT!! How is it when you do the same it's just fine??????
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

speculative but interesting, considering the charge: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/derek-chau ... ub-shifts/
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin, the former police officer charged with killing Floyd, worked security at the same local club for much of the year before their fatal encounter on a Minneapolis street last week. The owner of El Nuevo Rodeo said the two were in close proximity once a week for their Tuesday night shifts, though she did not know if they ever actually met while working at the club.

Maya Santamaria said she had been paying Chauvin, when he was off-duty, to sit in his squad car outside El Nuevo Rodeo for 17 years. She said Floyd worked as a security guard inside the club frequently in the last year. In particular, they both worked on Tuesday nights, when the club had a popular weekly dance competition.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I remain interested in why the RIGHT WING on this board resorts to direct personal insults like they do. Almost every post. Could anyone explain that to me?

your projections hereby corrected ~ you're welcome
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I so very much enjoy the IGNORE function on this forum. Never having to read stupid chit from stupid people makes this forum so much more enjoyable. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”