Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:14 pm BTW, my facebook feed this morning is FILLED with policemen kneeling in front of protesters. Policemen hugging protesters. Policemen holding signs saying "end police brutality".

Hope.
I have been saying this same thing for a very long time. 97.5 % of all police officers just want to protect and serve. I don't know how many millions of interactions police have with african americans and other minorities every year and every single day for that matter. No one dies, no one gets beat up, no one goes to jail what happens is dedicated police officers try to treat every situation they come across with compassion and humanity. Then one stupid ignorant ill trained police officer destroys all of the hard work of so many police officers in this nation. One effing stupid cop has destroyed everything so many cops have worked so hard to establish with the people they serve... TRUST. I feel bad for all of the men and women in law enforcement today. They bust their ass to negate the stereotype of police and at the blink of an eye, whatever good has been accomplished is gone by the wayside. One STUPID EFFING COP. I hope the piece of sheepdip is watching all the carnage he created along with 3 fellow alleged officers of the law. You people are trained to be professionals you failed every single law enforcement officer in this nation with your dereliction of your sworn oath to uphold the lawn. I hope you get everything you deserve when a jury of your peers convicts you of murder and sends your worthless, pathetic ass to jail for the rest of your life. :evil:
Yup...The people most mad at the bad cops......the good cops.
I’m going to guess the families of murdered civilians by bad cops are probably a bit angrier than good cops, but your point is taken.

Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS, often due to a family relationship. So they may be fine people but are also human,some hot heads,some/many poorly trained and just shouldn’t have the authority to take ones freedom away temporarily let alone be endowed with the lawful use of lethal force.

"Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS,"

My nephew always wanted to be a cop. It was his dream job since he was a kid. He started out in the army reserve by being trained as a medic. He joined the RPD after I believe 6 months at the academy. It took 5 years of police service to beat the silly notion out of him that he could make a difference. He started out as a good cop who wanted to help people. He ended up a suicidal alcoholic mess. He went from a good cop to a bad cop not because he wanted to. The evolution of his experience was something he could not mentally handle. One tussle he was involved in had the bad guy pull out his handgun and fired off a shot that whistled past his head. The only thing that saved him was his partner shot the guy before he could get off another round. He was never the same after that, he went downhill pretty quick.

Shortly after he went back on patrol he had a call about a man causing a disturbance in a local store. The man reached out to grab him and he pulled away from the guy and talked him down. What he told me about that spoke volumes as to the issues he had. He was so scared because he said the last guy that tried to grab him wanted to kill him. He had to go outside the building and throw up. He never forgot that and I don't think he ever forgave. That type of mental makeup does not make for a good police officer. Being a good cop is as much mental as it is physical. You have to have a very short memory. When you become judgmental about the people you are suppose to protect, time to turn in your badge and find another job. My nephew lives in Seattle now. He works on a fishing boat, smokes alot of weed and has a couple of dogs. He was a good cop until he could not handle the mental stress anymore. Then he was fired and then he got the help he needed so he would not want to kill himself anymore. This is just MO. I don't think any police academy teaches you how to deal with and understand the disrespect and hostility you will face every day you are on the job. That is called OJT. You either pass or you fail.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:03 am Has anyone thought that bad cops remain cops because the police unions protect them? I am for zero tolerance policing, but it has to go both ways.
Very good point (see my post yesterday of the head of the Minneapolis police union in October at a Trump rally calling for more support for abusive police tactics.). Qualified immunity and other issues prevent both sides from making meaningful progress in reform.

That said, I don't envy the police. They have to deal with bad/misbehaving people much of the time and also are required to make split-second decisions that may involve life and death (both theirs and those they deal with). After a fashion, the stress likely does affect many and often that does not play out well.

On the Floyd investigation, I'd recommend this timeline piece in the NYT which tries to document the situation minute by minute from beginning to end. Troubling in many respects but I did notice that Floyd appeared to be in some sort of distress before the final situation that likely resulted in his death. It is unfortunate that none of the police realized it and called for medical help sooner

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/g ... e=Homepage

It is beginning to look more like the 1960s every day. The Minnesota National Guard was ordered to start carrying weapons and live ammunition yesterday.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

From Erie County DA John Flynn:

- 10 arrests from rioting at protests Saturday night in the city (Buffalo), majority arrested were white men.
- Police intelligence recognized that instigators that were enticing some protesters to turn violent were not from WNY
- A person who was trying to organize the looting of the areas largest mall is also a person of interest in hate crimes at a suburban synagogue in Amherst during the last Chanukah.

On Sunday there were several civilian volunteers helping the city clean up.
Last edited by ardilla secreta on Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Thanks for this C&S, very helpful. Hoping the very best for your nephew.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Andersen wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:27 am Thanks for this C&S, very helpful. Hoping the very best for your nephew.
He is a good kid who just was not meant to be a police officer. I guess in his case smoking weed is better than swigging down Jack Daniels. I feel bad because I would like him to come home for Christmas. He says he will never come back to Rochester again ever. He was a hot mess for a long time. I still worry about him but he has found his safe place.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:26 am From Erie County DA John Flynn:

- 10 arrests from rioting at protests Saturday night in the city (Buffalo), majority arrested were white men.
- Police intelligence recognized that instigators that were enticing some protesters to turn violent were not from WNY
- A person who was trying to organize the looting of the areas largest mall is also a person of interest in hate crimes at a suburban synagogue in Amherst during the last Chanukah.

On Sunday there were several civilian volunteers helping the city clean up.
The same thing happened in Rochester yesterday. A thousand people showed up, some with their own brooms, to help clean up the damage. There is still way more good in all of us than their is bad. The sad part is most of us never see the good in people. That does not make the same kind of headlines on the evening news.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

There are some disturbing, confirmed reports. Lots of people, likely outside instigators, trying to fan the flames:

News outlets Reporting Pallets of bricks mysteriously showing up in cities and in areas where seemingly no construction is going on...

One:

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/ ... 88608?s=21

Another:

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/ ... 80032?s=21

Another:

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/ ... 33249?s=21

And then Minneapolis PD reporting that caches
Of incendiaries are being found hidden around the city:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethe ... plates-off
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:29 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 pm ‘White supremist’ (according to brook) white shoe law firm lawyer Colinford Mattis accused of some fairly despicable acts (who among us hasn’t tossed Molotov cocktails at cops?). Leftism and law is a terrible cocktail.

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2 ... -protests/

(Oh also, Colinford is black, but according to Governor Putz of MN and Brook, likely a white supremist).

Sure is a great week to identify as a Democrat! Joe Biden is bailing out antifa.
I can’t read that article, but the NY Daily News article on the same event don’t have any mention of a political party. But more PB BS...

Yup. Will be interesting to see what "proof" he has for his ridiculous claim.

Keith Ellison (he of both the Antifa manual and wife beating fame) has an adult son who said this yesterday:

"I officially declare my support for Antifa"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

Not to be outdone, De Blasio's daughter was arrested in NYC yesterday as well. The charge is unlawful assembly, but the police said she was throwing projectiles at the police.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/us/nyc-m ... index.html

This party, the Democratic Party, is the antipode of American excellence. They harbor people who truly dislike you, dislike our country, and dislike our culture.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:17 am There are some disturbing, confirmed reports. Lots of people, likely outside instigators, trying to fan the flames:

Multiple news outlets Reporting Pallets of bricks mysteriously showing up in cities and in areas where seemingly no construction is going on...

One:

Another:

Another:

This means absolutely nothing. You are insinuating that these protests were well planned out and co-ordinated by some unknown mysterious entity. If you pay attention to what the talking head FLP types on this forum always tell us... these are just a bunch of dumbass, unorganized people who just wanna have fun. IMO it is pretty interesting that with no organization or coordinated efforts these mischief makers can infiltrate small groups of their fellow mischief makers all over the country to go and play. That kind of stuff just always happens. ;)
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:25 am
get it to x wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:03 am Has anyone thought that bad cops remain cops because the police unions protect them? I am for zero tolerance policing, but it has to go both ways.
Very good point (see my post yesterday of the head of the Minneapolis police union in October at a Trump rally calling for more support for abusive police tactics.). Qualified immunity and other issues prevent both sides from making meaningful progress in reform.

That said, I don't envy the police. They have to deal with bad/misbehaving people much of the time and also are required to make split-second decisions that may involve life and death (both theirs and those they deal with). After a fashion, the stress likely does affect many and often that does not play out well.

On the Floyd investigation, I'd recommend this timeline piece in the NYT which tries to document the situation minute by minute from beginning to end. Troubling in many respects but I did notice that Floyd appeared to be in some sort of distress before the final situation that likely resulted in his death. It is unfortunate that none of the police realized it and called for medical help sooner

It is beginning to look more like the 1960s every day. The Minnesota National Guard was ordered to start carrying weapons and live ammunition yesterday.
I appreciate some of your posts kismet, but this certainly isn't one of them. To compare college students protesting the Vietnam War being shot with professional anarchists destroying private property for political purposes, with the intention of destroying the country, you've gone way off base. Also, IMO, you're desecrating a sacred song of protest that should never be applied to these radical/hateful PsOS, whether they're left-wing or right.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 am

I appreciate some of your posts kismet, but this certainly isn't one of them. To compare college students protesting the Vietnam War being shot with professional anarchists destroying private property for political purposes, with the intention of destroying the country, you've gone way off base. Also, IMO, you're desecrating a sacred song of protest that should never be applied to these radical/hateful PsOS, whether they're left-wing or right.
Wait a minute there tech. We have all been informed that these Antifa folks have no political ideology. They just get their rocks off at the sound of broken glass and the acrid smell of burning buildings in the air. Politically they have no loyalty one way or the other. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 am I appreciate some of your posts kismet, but this certainly isn't one of them. To compare college students protesting the Vietnam War being shot with professional anarchists destroying private property for political purposes, with the intention of destroying the country, you've gone way off base. Also, IMO, you're desecrating a sacred song of protest that should never be applied to these radical/hateful PsOS, whether they're left-wing or right.
My point was that National Guard units in Minnesota were ordered to carry weapons and live ammunition over the weekend. Would not be surprised if similar orders are going out elsewhere

Historically speaking, those college students were also considered as a kind of anarchists at that time which is why CSNY wrote and published the song despite already having a hit on the charts (Teach Your Children). Neil Young reportedly wrote the lyrics to Ohio in less than 10 minutes.
Many thought the same of student protestors at the time. Just trying to provide some contrast and context. Apologies if you misinterpreted my intent.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:30 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:17 am There are some disturbing, confirmed reports. Lots of people, likely outside instigators, trying to fan the flames:

Multiple news outlets Reporting Pallets of bricks mysteriously showing up in cities and in areas where seemingly no construction is going on...

One:

Another:

Another:

This means absolutely nothing. You are insinuating that these protests were well planned out and co-ordinated by some unknown mysterious entity. If you pay attention to what the talking head FLP types on this forum always tell us... these are just a bunch of dumbass, unorganized people who just wanna have fun. IMO it is pretty interesting that with no organization or coordinated efforts these mischief makers can infiltrate small groups of their fellow mischief makers all over the country to go and play. That kind of stuff just always happens. ;)

krameric and C&S are excellent posters here, but I am going to tell you something that you need to know:

Derek Chauvin could be torn limb from limb alive in front of an audience of 100,000 rabid leftists, and they'd still demand more. You'll never satisfy what the left wants, because they want you, all of you, your freedom, they want you to mindlessly obey the elite dictate, they want your speech, they want your agency, they want your soul. They are the exact opposite pole of American ingenuity and excellence.

And when you compromise with the Left, that does not sate them, they simply laugh at you for your weakness, knowing full well they are simply coming for more. If you want to quell the disturbances in America, you first arrest hundreds of the Antifa parent's basement cellar dwellers, then you set up corner bases in every city in America controlled by Democrats. You sit there in occupation for a year and jail anyone who f@rts.

a fan will be upset with my rapid pivot away from civil rights, but let me assure you, civil rights is the end game. Unfortunately, right now, there are no civil rights when the Democrat's paramilitary arm Antifa is scaring every citizen back into their homes while they torch churches, hit old women in the face for defending their stores, and steal anything not bolted down.

The left today is doing what it can to ruin America, with feckless mayors like Frey in Minneapolis and de Blasio in New York. They cam't turn the National Guard loose on their voters, BECAUSE IT'S THEIR VOTERS WHO ARE CAUSING THE MAYHEM!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 am

Wait a minute there tech. We have all been informed that these Antifa folks have no political ideology. They just get their rocks off at the sound of broken glass and the acrid smell of burning buildings in the air. Politically they have no loyalty one way or the other. :roll:
Right C&S. And in the middle of a pandemic, your wife and my niece, both heroes, have to now worry about getting to work safely in downtown Rochester. Unbelievable...
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

For all the coronavirus statistic lovers. Does it seem like theres a problem here?

Does it suggest major american cities should be on fire?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585 ... e-by-race/
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:44 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 am I appreciate some of your posts kismet, but this certainly isn't one of them. To compare college students protesting the Vietnam War being shot with professional anarchists destroying private property for political purposes, with the intention of destroying the country, you've gone way off base. Also, IMO, you're desecrating a sacred song of protest that should never be applied to these radical/hateful PsOS, whether they're left-wing or right.
My point was that National Guard units in Minnesota were ordered to carry weapons and live ammunition over the weekend. Would not be surprised if similar orders are going out elsewhere

Historically speaking, those college students were also considered as a kind of anarchists at that time which is why CSNY wrote and published the song despite already having a hit on the charts (Teach Your Children). Neil Young reportedly wrote the lyrics to Ohio in less than 10 minutes.
Many thought the same of student protestors at the time. Just trying to provide some contrast and context. Apologies if you misinterpreted my intent.
Your point sucks, IMO.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:14 pm BTW, my facebook feed this morning is FILLED with policemen kneeling in front of protesters. Policemen hugging protesters. Policemen holding signs saying "end police brutality".

Hope.
I have been saying this same thing for a very long time. 97.5 % of all police officers just want to protect and serve. I don't know how many millions of interactions police have with african americans and other minorities every year and every single day for that matter. No one dies, no one gets beat up, no one goes to jail what happens is dedicated police officers try to treat every situation they come across with compassion and humanity. Then one stupid ignorant ill trained police officer destroys all of the hard work of so many police officers in this nation. One effing stupid cop has destroyed everything so many cops have worked so hard to establish with the people they serve... TRUST. I feel bad for all of the men and women in law enforcement today. They bust their ass to negate the stereotype of police and at the blink of an eye, whatever good has been accomplished is gone by the wayside. One STUPID EFFING COP. I hope the piece of sheepdip is watching all the carnage he created along with 3 fellow alleged officers of the law. You people are trained to be professionals you failed every single law enforcement officer in this nation with your dereliction of your sworn oath to uphold the lawn. I hope you get everything you deserve when a jury of your peers convicts you of murder and sends your worthless, pathetic ass to jail for the rest of your life. :evil:
Yup...The people most mad at the bad cops......the good cops.
I’m going to guess the families of murdered civilians by bad cops are probably a bit angrier than good cops, but your point is taken.

Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS, often due to a family relationship. So they may be fine people but are also human,some hot heads,some/many poorly trained and just shouldn’t have the authority to take ones freedom away temporarily let alone be endowed with the lawful use of lethal force.

"Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS,"

My nephew always wanted to be a cop. It was his dream job since he was a kid. He started out in the army reserve by being trained as a medic. He joined the RPD after I believe 6 months at the academy. It took 5 years of police service to beat the silly notion out of him that he could make a difference. He started out as a good cop who wanted to help people. He ended up a suicidal alcoholic mess. He went from a good cop to a bad cop not because he wanted to. The evolution of his experience was something he could not mentally handle. One tussle he was involved in had the bad guy pull out his handgun and fired off a shot that whistled past his head. The only thing that saved him was his partner shot the guy before he could get off another round. He was never the same after that, he went downhill pretty quick.

Shortly after he went back on patrol he had a call about a man causing a disturbance in a local store. The man reached out to grab him and he pulled away from the guy and talked him down. What he told me about that spoke volumes as to the issues he had. He was so scared because he said the last guy that tried to grab him wanted to kill him. He had to go outside the building and throw up. He never forgot that and I don't think he ever forgave. That type of mental makeup does not make for a good police officer. Being a good cop is as much mental as it is physical. You have to have a very short memory. When you become judgmental about the people you are suppose to protect, time to turn in your badge and find another job. My nephew lives in Seattle now. He works on a fishing boat, smokes alot of weed and has a couple of dogs. He was a good cop until he could not handle the mental stress anymore. Then he was fired and then he got the help he needed so he would not want to kill himself anymore. This is just MO. I don't think any police academy teaches you how to deal with and understand the disrespect and hostility you will face every day you are on the job. That is called OJT. You either pass or you fail.
Appreciate you sharing that story craddle.

And in some regards, I wonder if there is a parallel (clearly not exactly), with younger kids that grow up in troubled areas, that also have to deal with and live with, scenarios like that....and this is with their peers, no cops; survival mode of sorts in your neighborhood.

I know many, present and retired DC, and surrounding DMV county police officers. The DC cops ALL say they can not wait to get out of there and retire. Compound that with fighting for your life to arrest a criminal....then seeing them back on the street in a short time only to begin again. It's often a zero sum career. I am reminded by a lawyer friend that..... crime pays.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am For all the coronavirus statistic lovers. Does it seem like theres a problem here?

Does it suggest major american cities should be on fire?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585 ... e-by-race/

6: you must remember, 'America sucks and we are all racists, except them, and we are all sexists, except them, and fraternities and lacrosse players rape women'. Every story and every person is one-dimensional and can be reduced to simplistic adjectives: racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, etc... Also, ace in the hole every time, if all else fails, remember to say: Russia, Russia, Russia (like Susan Rice this weekend!).

If you can remember this, you too can play the game of arrogantly assigning blame to others every time a left-juicy incident occurs! :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The same news outlet I posted above is interesting. Lots unfiltered. But with anyhting else, small clips, so context is sometimes missing. Take it with a grain of salt. But it's a lot of info, in small bites:

A good story: Portland Cops taking a knee with protestors:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 22113?s=20

Officers pray with protestors:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 97088?s=20

And more troubling ones: Rioter in antifa "uniform" pushes peaceful protester aside to destroy storefront:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 55840?s=20

Looters fight for stolen goods:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 07301?s=20
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:44 am

Your point sucks, IMO.
Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion. You might consider applying the same for others.

Return to “POLITICS”