Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Racism in America? How About Racism on Fanlax?

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:28 pm Our nation should be embarrassed to have a person like Donald Trump serving as president. His presidency, and the white supremacist racism it fosters, will leave an indelible stain on our nation’s history. That Trump has so many supporters on this forum, is a disturbing reflection on this community.

DocBarrister
Calling everyone who supports Trump a racist is offensive, and wrong, Doc.

Nonsense like this makes things worse, and you know it. Stop doing it....
a fan

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by a fan »

Mayor Hancock just put in a 8pm curfew on Denver to try and settle things down. I hope this doesn't backfire...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:08 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:28 pm Our nation should be embarrassed to have a person like Donald Trump serving as president. His presidency, and the white supremacist racism it fosters, will leave an indelible stain on our nation’s history. That Trump has so many supporters on this forum, is a disturbing reflection on this community.

DocBarrister

don't bother. he just keeps on keeping on.

a cartoon character. boy who cried wolf.

now i'll get cited for name calling while doc will post dozens more times calling swaths of people racists.

only in 'merica.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pmYa know, if ya told me Martian’s are behind the loot in’ and burnin’, trust me when I tell you I wouldn’t rule it out, but I’d reserve the right to consider you a nutter too.

If ‘white supremists’ are behind the Minneapolis riots, they’re the most leftist white supremists known to man! :lol:

But sure, I’ll wait. Meanwhile, I haven’t seen your outrage over the cop shot in Oakland last night, nor have I heard you tell Brook he’s in looon territory with the radical left ‘white supremists’ he’s seeing in the Minneapolis ‘hood’. Are you lifting the skirt here, a fan? :lol:

Yeah anyone can laugh defensively in the attempt to refute the news. But if you dispute the governor's disclosure, why not take it up with him? Here's his contact info:

https://mn.gov/governor/contact/

While you're at it, are you gonna challenge him to a wrestling match, tough guy? :lol:

Where I'm from, threatening a public official will land you in the pokey, stat. Maybe it's different in Minney?

What I will say instead is I hope Governor Putz of Minnesota realizes someday that America is indeed a great country and perhaps he will stop being such an ineffectual, bombastic, weak, lefty politician. One can dream!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:08 pm

DocBarrister

Harshing on DocB, a fan. :o

The racist among us are those that treat individuals differently simply because of the melanin in their skin cells, and make sweeping judgments of same. Experience also shows that those who raise race constantly tend to be quite cloistered human beings, with little to no interaction with members of another race either at work or in their neighborhoods. Instead of the colorblind society once promised by the left, they promote a country seething with racial resentments.

Fixating on race subverts the American Dream.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Yep
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Been outside with the chainsaw for the past 5-6 hours just cutting and trimming limbs/trees around the yard and thinking about all that has been going on these past few months. Recent George Floyd killing, CV-19, Politics, new Space X launch, considering a new career....and the George Floyd issue kept popping back in the lead.

After more reflection from my morning post, to all the black men and women on this board.....I am sorry; and only wish there was something more I could do.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:27 pm I am witnessing our nation unraveling in front of my eyes. This is such a pivotal moment in our nation right now. I hope most people start to realize it.
Yep. This was ignited by the brutal killing of a black man by a white police officer, but the unrest is being fueled by much more than lingering & justified racial resentment.
The prolonged (& justified) lockdown. with the resulting unemployment, economic impact, restrictions on movement & disruptions to normal activities, has the nation ready to explode. Not everyone has the resources to deal with what's happening to them, through no fault of their own.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:54 pm
Where I'm from, threatening a public official will land you in the pokey, stat. Maybe it's different in Minney?

What I will say instead is I hope Governor Putz of Minnesota realizes someday that America is indeed a great country and perhaps he will stop being such an ineffectual, bombastic, weak, lefty politician. One can dream!

Well tough guy, I'm sure that a yuge wrestler like him wouldn't view puny you as much of a "threat". :lol:

Back to the issue of partisanship - Spike Moss (well known hard core black activist in Minneapolis) was interviewed on TV this afternoon. Unlike you, he did not view the problem as a partisan matter. Like me, he specifically said all this is a "systemic problem" - precisely what I said previously.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am Interesting news conference by Gov Walz, Mayor Frey (Mpls), and Mayor Carter (StP). All addressed 'conspiracy theory'.

All agreed that the majority of those who caused the violence were from "outside Minnesota". Gov Walz said 80% of the trouble makers who had their ID checked or arrested were non-Minnesotans. That among many of them were "white supremacists". He repeated that message again just for emphasis.

John Harrington (Dept of Public Safety) reiterated that message. He also said there was further proof that some of these were white supremacists from outside Minnesota though he did not appear to be too specific.

Mayor Carter said everyone arrested in St Paul was from outside Minnesota.

Gov Walz's puny comments about why cops and other forces were not deployed earlier was utter bullshtt since the same forces were deployed three hours after the violence and the crowd quickly dispersed. Interestingly, he observed that no one got killed or hurt which is not normal when real riots take place.

National Guard to be deployed with at least 500 to appear. Peaceful gathering to be made here at 2PM.

Look, if any Democrats here are truly interested in facts and not political spin (see Gov Putz and Brook’s cheerleading post), you probably want to read a local source of news which completely disabuses you of the imbecilic claim that ‘outsiders’ came rootin’ and tootin’ into Minneapolis. Totally shameful (and shameless at the same time) claim by Governor Putz. Classic Dem misinformation play that I’ll bet most here bought with not even a moments doubt.

https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-records- ... -addresses
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm Been outside with the chainsaw for the past 5-6 hours just cutting and trimming limbs/trees around the yard and thinking about all that has been going on these past few months. Recent George Floyd killing, CV-19, Politics, new Space X launch, considering a new career....and the George Floyd issue kept popping back in the lead.

After more reflection from my morning post, to all the black men and women on this board.....I am sorry; and only wish there was something more I could do.
Here's a small something if you're interested, YA, helping my distiller friend recover from the fire damages.....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-a-be ... IPqKK4PknA
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm Been outside with the chainsaw for the past 5-6 hours just cutting and trimming limbs/trees around the yard and thinking about all that has been going on these past few months. Recent George Floyd killing, CV-19, Politics, new Space X launch, considering a new career....and the George Floyd issue kept popping back in the lead.

Here's a small something if you're interested, YA, helping my distiller friend recover from the fire damages.....

I made a contribution.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Over halfway to the donation goal, and it's only been 90 minutes. Remarkable.

Thank you on his behalf, TLD.

Cannot IMAGINE what's going through his mind right now. What a mess. And all after WEEKS of Covid nonsense.
Typical Lax Dad

ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

a fan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks for sharing Fan. My wife is a first responder and we’ve made rounds to Litchfield Distillery and SONO 420 Distillery picking up sanitizer for her EMS crew. And me as an avid whiskey fan have been doing my part to support the efforts of our local distilleries through purchases. I’m making my contribution to your buddy now.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Very kind of you to contribute.

And my fellow small distillers with rare exceptions like mine, are on life support. So every purchase helps immensely, thank you for that, too.

That's why what happened to Mr. Montana at DuNord extra heartbreaking----- trying to figure out how to keep open during Covid, and then you turn around and you're at the heart of an international incident. Looking at it from an economic perspective for a moment....the economic damage in that area is just massive amounts of salt in an already wide open economic wound.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The Democrats’ young pioneer enforcement brigade Antifa doing everything in its power tonight to hand the election to Trump! Also, celebrities are raising money to bail out the ‘white supremists’ who invaded Minneapolis last night.

I’m predicting at least 8 cities will burn this evening. Great job, race baiters!

“Also if ur on board with mass street protests and riots right now, including in locations still considered pandemic "hot spots," and at which no "social distancing" is remotely possible, then obviously your "STAY HOME" rhetoric for the past several months was entirely phony”. Thx.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump must be a double agent then, secretly working for Joe Biden, in view of his tweet condoning the shooting of looters by police.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Look, if any Democrats here are truly interested in facts and not political spin (see Gov Putz and Brook’s cheerleading post), you probably want to read a local source of news which completely disabuses you of the imbecilic claim that ‘outsiders’ came rootin’ and tootin’ into Minneapolis. Totally shameful (and shameless at the same time) claim by Governor Putz. Classic Dem misinformation play that I’ll bet most here bought with not even a moments doubt.

https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-records- ... -addresses

Walz was just asked about those reports and he says those revised reports are unconfirmed. By this he meant some used Minnesota addresses but are from other areas. So, we don't know the full story at this point.

Same with the initial reports of those arrested in St Paul where, evidently, some folks were indeed from the city. However, some were suburbanites including the wealthy town of Minnestonka. Therefore, we shall have to await for the full truth and it is likely to come soon enough.

In all this, the Twin Cities is hardly alone:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyb ... -civil-war

... there’s a range of motivations that’s driving far-right interest toward the protests, which are being led by community members and Black Lives Matter, and bolstered by antifascists.

For example, the so-called Boogaloo Bois — a group of armed anti-government extremists made visible by their Hawaiian shirts — have reportedly shown up to some of the protests.

more

Will be interesting to see what happens next.
The “boogaloo” is code for impending civil war or violent confrontation with law enforcement, and that’s what they’re hoping to get out of the protests.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Sat May 30, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:55 pm The Democrats’ young pioneer enforcement brigade Antifa doing everything in its power tonight to hand the election to Trump! Also, celebrities are raising money to bail out the ‘white supremists’ who invaded Minneapolis last night.

I’m predicting at least 8 cities will burn this evening. Great job, race baiters!

“Also if ur on board with mass street protests and riots right now, including in locations still considered pandemic "hot spots," and at which no "social distancing" is remotely possible, then obviously your "STAY HOME" rhetoric for the past several months was entirely phony”. Thx.

Proof the trouble makers are Antifa if you please ...

Return to “POLITICS”