The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by holmes435 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 pm DOW hitting its third straight day of good gains.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... 25000.html

Up 178 yesterday, up another 258 today...

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Remember: half of us don’t want the economy to do well until after November 3. Thx.
We all want the economy to do well. Stop the Stupid. Suggesting people on this board want misery and uncertainty for electoral purposes is offensive.
Yeah, but he gets off on trying to offend people, then gets offended when you call him out on his BS (or just ignores it and move on). That's his whole boring shtick. It's makes the boards a whole lot less readable and he has pushed away a number of old regulars.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 pm DOW hitting its third straight day of good gains.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... 25000.html

Up 178 yesterday, up another 258 today...

Shhhhhhhhhhh. Remember: half of us don’t want the economy to do well until after November 3. Thx.
We all want the economy to do well. Stop the Stupid. Suggesting people on this board want misery and uncertainty for electoral purposes is offensive.
Yeah, but he gets off on trying to offend people, then gets offended when you call him out on his BS (or just ignores it and move on). That's his whole boring shtick. It's makes the boards a whole lot less readable and he has pushed away a number of old regulars.

Maybe they got tired of the imbecilic echo chamber left-leaning takes such as ‘high taxes lead to financial excellence’.

Who left? Could you name anyone?

And so far as ‘everyone’ wanting the economy to do well, uhhhh, maybe not everyone:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... ats-281470
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 pm Maybe they got tired of the imbecilic echo chamber left-leaning takes such as ‘high taxes lead to financial excellence’.

And so far as ‘everyone’ wanting the economy to do well, uhhhh, maybe not everyone:

They got tired of all the trolling B.S. stinking up the board to high heaven. I can name at least 5 who are taking a break after creating a fun and congenial environment for the past decade or so (even if I didn't agree with them).

The economy was doing great before Trump got elected and was only getting better. Dow and S&P were at record highs before the election. The stock market isn't the #1 election issue like you think it is. And Trump has only exacerbated a number of the actual issues.

You're hurting America. Congrats.

Also, did you ever try to play lacrosse at UF?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:49 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 pm Maybe they got tired of the imbecilic echo chamber left-leaning takes such as ‘high taxes lead to financial excellence’.

They got tired of all the trolling B.S. stinking up the board to high heaven. I can name at least 5 who are taking a break after creating a fun and congenial environment for the past decade or so (even if I didn't agree with them).

The economy was doing great before Trump got elected and was only getting better. Dow and S&P were at record highs before the election. The stock market isn't the #1 election issue like you think it is. And Trump has only exacerbated a number of the actual issues.

You're hurting America. Congrats.

Also, did you ever try to play lacrosse at UF?

Holmes: here's a pro-tip: I don't care one thing about you personally, nor should you be concerned with who I am. Debate the issues.

This board is no longer a 100% echo chamber of left idiocy. If someone need the comfort of the left womb, go to any one of 4 billion news websites which all skew left. If you want to challenge your set thoughts, I guess you could try one of the two right websites that exist in the world: Breitbart and National Review.

One can hate Trump's tweets and also vote for him at the same time, I realize this is a very difficult concept for anyone with TDS.

So far as the market, it remains the best agnostic indicator of 'things America'. That was the case when George Bush's Treasury team screwed the pooch with how clumsily they set economic policy, and it was also true when Obama's team (Geithner and Lew, mostly) did well.

Unbelievably, some people can look at the world with clear eyes and compliment and criticize both parties. My deeply held belief is today's Democrats are very far removed from yesterday's Democrats, and the trendline only gets worse every day (see: Minneapolis). I also believe that the next set of SCOTUS justices will determine the fate of America, hence the importance of this year's election.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:28 amHolmes: here's a pro-tip: I don't care one thing about you personally, nor should you be concerned with who I am. Debate the issues.

This board is no longer a 100% echo chamber of left idiocy. If someone need the comfort of the left womb, go to any one of 4 billion news websites which all skew left. If you want to challenge your set thoughts, I guess you could try one of the two right websites that exist in the world: Breitbart and National Review.

One can hate Trump's tweets and also vote for him at the same time, I realize this is a very difficult concept for anyone with TDS.

So far as the market, it remains the best agnostic indicator of 'things America'. That was the case when George Bush's Treasury team screwed the pooch with how clumsily they set economic policy, and it was also true when Obama's team (Geithner and Lew, mostly) did well.

Unbelievably, some people can look at the world with clear eyes and compliment and criticize both parties. My deeply held belief is today's Democrats are very far removed from yesterday's Democrats, and the trendline only gets worse every day (see: Minneapolis). I also believe that the next set of SCOTUS justices will determine the fate of America, hence the importance of this year's election.
You really have no idea about this place or where it actually falls on the political compass. This is still a lacrosse board, one of the most right-wing sports out there, it's never been close to left wing :lol:. Also, if you wanna go duke it out with no connection to others, there are thousands of other platforms available.

You don't debate the issues, so why should I respond in kind? You claim the market is the best indicator of 'things America' but you didn't even address the fact that the market was continuously setting record highs for the last three years of Obama's presidency with no signs of slowing. :lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Americans have filed more than 40 million jobless claims in past 10 weeks, as another 2.1 million filed for benefits last week!
The economic struggle continues as states seek to reopen, but many workers and businesses remain uneasy about the future
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:54 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:28 amHolmes: here's a pro-tip: I don't care one thing about you personally, nor should you be concerned with who I am. Debate the issues.

You really have no idea about this place or where it actually falls on the political compass. This is still a lacrosse board, one of the most right-wing sports out there, it's never been close to left wing :lol:. Also, if you wanna go duke it out with no connection to others, there are thousands of other platforms available.

You don't debate the issues, so why should I respond in kind? You claim the market is the best indicator of 'things America' but you didn't even address the fact that the market was continuously setting record highs for the last three years of Obama's presidency with no signs of slowing. :lol:

Can you read? Serious question.

Let me clip my actual written quote above one more time:

Is that not a recognition that Obama's team did well? How else can I spell that I admired Obama both personally and also professionally.

I swear, libs are ridiculously obtuse.
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:54 am You really have no idea about this place or where it actually falls on the political compass. This is still a lacrosse board, one of the most right-wing sports out there, it's never been close to left wing :lol:.
This. I've been chuckling at Pete's preconceptions since he arrived.

In what world is the lacrosse culture not center right, politically speaking? I'm speaking as a whole. And yes, it's a stereotype, but a pretty well earned one.....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Largely barbelled between center right CNY/WNY kids who carry a more proletariat ethos combined with some anachronistic cultural viewpoints and the half of the MIAA who are carefully cultivating their “pull themselves up by the bootstraps” stories to regale their kids with years later.

At least until they start pulling kids from Christ the King, Oxon Hill or Atlanta Christian type schools anyways.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am

Is that not a recognition that Obama's team did well? How else can I spell that I admired Obama both personally and also professionally.

You almost had me there, good job changing the topic, its definitely one of your standard tools to deflect. We weren't talking about giving Obama credit (but thanks for doing so). I was saying that the economy wasn't the main issue in 2016 since it was doing so well, and it isn't going to be in 2020 if it's doing well. And the fact that you're giving Obama credit and that the economy was doing well is making that point for me.

Your reading comprehension and analysis really needs some work. I swear, some people are ridiculously obtuse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s a conversation of one. No interest in discourse. Not sure boards like these have a role like that these days anyway unfortunately.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am

You almost had me there, good job changing the topic, its definitely one of your standard tools to deflect. We weren't talking about giving Obama credit (but thanks for doing so). I was saying that the economy wasn't the main issue in 2016 since it was doing so well, and it isn't going to be in 2020 if it's doing well. And the fact that you're giving Obama credit and that the economy was doing well is making that point for me.

Your reading comprehension and analysis really needs some work. I swear, some people are ridiculously obtuse.

Maybe you need to write more clearly.

In your previous post (2 removed from this), you say:

"you didn't even address the fact that the market was continuously setting record highs for the last three years of Obama's presidency with no signs of slowing"

Yet in my previous post, I said "So far as the market, it remains the best agnostic indicator of 'things America'. That was the case when George Bush's Treasury team screwed the pooch with how clumsily they set economic policy, and it was also true when Obama's team (Geithner and Lew, mostly) did well."

It would seem I can give credit to both Democrats (Obama was very good with the economy) and Republicans (Trump is very good with judges), as well as criticism (W sucked in every possible way).

Your newest problem however seems to be that I did not address whatever it is you considered the main point of your first post (3 removed from the one above), which I now infer was/is (I must guess because there really isn't one):

1. This board is not as left as I make it
2. The stock market was not that important in 2016

I disagree with both of the above (in case I just guessed whatever it was that was on your mind). The board may not seem left to you, but Trump has made many of you quite left, you simply don't realize it. The stock market to me shows where a government and economy are at any given point in time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Far radical left forced to change my way of life because of Trump perspective I’m sure

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/98 ... he-economy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

GDP is going to plummet in 2nd quarter. -30% possible?

Debt is worse than ever!

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Duhhh....that's what happens when people don't work, b/c of a scary virus Fauci says will kill millions...oh wait that was last week. . Isn't that what you want in the end anyway....your money for nothin'
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:27 pm Duhhh....that's what happens when people don't work, b/c of a scary virus Fauci says will kill millions...oh wait that was last week. . Isn't that what you want in the end anyway....your money for nothin'
I have been working 7 days a week since March 13, 2020. No check what so ever from your hero o d in my mailbox or account.

From your post, I guess that you have stopped and been on the Dole?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:27 pm Duhhh....that's what happens when people don't work, b/c of a scary virus Fauci says will kill millions...oh wait that was last week. . Isn't that what you want in the end anyway....your money for nothin'
I have been working 7 days a week since March 13, 2020. No check what so ever from your hero o d in my mailbox or account.

Same boat, haven't missed a day, no gubmit check yet...but I did fill taxes later in May, so not sure if that was a trigger to not receive one.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 pm The board may not seem left to you, but Trump has made many of you quite left, you simply don't realize it.
Give me an example where a poster criticizes Trump, and that makes them lefties.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 pm The stock market to me shows where a government and economy are at any given point in time.
No it doesn't show you that, because, you are one of those guys who totally ignores massive spending increases, massive borrowing, and then feigns surprise that all the hundreds of billions of dollars the US Government is pumping through the economy, leading to elevated stock prices, is just a "coincidence".

Pre-Covid, Trump borrowed more than any other POTUS has borrowed since WWII. THAT is why the stock market boomed.

Balance the budget, and sit back, and watch what happens to America's economy.
Last edited by a fan on Fri May 29, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:54 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Same boat, haven't missed a day, no gubmit check yet...but I did fill taxes later in May, so not sure if that was a trigger to not receive one.
You guys probably make too much money to receive a check ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This thread seems really quiet...anyone know why?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-n ... =home-page

https://www.investors.com/market-trend/ ... cord-high/

Wow, 'Trump' really stinks. America stinks! Amirite? :lol:

America gets better every second while some endlessly bemoan her faults. You boys are missing out on the best country ever known to man in your manic quest to be perma-woke!

Return to “POLITICS”