2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by a fan »

Who said anything about mind reading? I told you what actually happened. You commented on the riots, but not why the riots were happening.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:14 pm I would think Ds over 60 who voted for Trump would be prime candidates to vote for Joe.
My conservative father-in-law is an almost in that camp. But he's bought a lot of the "dementia" and other attacks that are being levied, so I'm not sure he'll be voting for Biden. He is definitely not voting for Trump though. He gave Trump a shot in 2016, but when the tiger stripes didn't change, he quickly soured on Trump. Hopefully his cohort is quite large.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:18 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:08 pm Democrat Mayor of Minneapolis blames 400 years off horrible Americans for the death in his city.

Of course DEMOCRATS have run Minneapolis since 1974. Really turning the tables for blacks in that city eh libs.
I watched his interview.

He did not blame the death on 400 years...what he did suggest was that "justice" needs to recognize that this is not an isolated incident, that America has a 400 year old history of such issues.

It was actually a nuanced, sensitive answer given in response to a very tragic event, filmed, that has inflamed the city. He also spoke to the necessity for peaceful order, not violence.
So he absolved himself and democrat mayors back to 1974 from any culpability in police community relations in his city. What you would call NUANCED.
Of course not. He didn't say anything partisan at all, just that this is a persistent problem much larger and entrenched than the death of a single man, outrageous as the event clearly is.

Why do you insist on this being a partisan matter?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

holmes435 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:59 pm
njbill wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:14 pm I would think Ds over 60 who voted for Trump would be prime candidates to vote for Joe.
My conservative father-in-law is an almost in that camp. But he's bought a lot of the "dementia" and other attacks that are being levied, so I'm not sure he'll be voting for Biden. He is definitely not voting for Trump though. He gave Trump a shot in 2016, but when the tiger stripes didn't change, he quickly soured on Trump. Hopefully his cohort is quite large.
On a group call this past weekend, I heard similar thoughts from the 60+ yo folks in my family. But their bottom line, enough of Trump.

And he is the best that the r's have to offer in 2020?

This is an interesting read, with a crazy line; "Trump may have lost his edge among the “haters”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is ... -or-biden/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

RCP averages as of today have Sleepy Joe ahead in WI, FL, MI, PA and AZ. Bone Spurs by +1 in NC.

That would be 318-220.

Please let it be so.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:08 pm Democrat Mayor of Minneapolis blames 400 years off horrible Americans for the death in his city.

Of course DEMOCRATS have run Minneapolis since 1974. Really turning the tables for blacks in that city eh libs.
I watched his interview.

He did not blame the death on 400 years...what he did suggest was that "justice" needs to recognize that this is not an isolated incident, that America has a 400 year old history of such issues.

It was actually a nuanced, sensitive answer given in response to a very tragic event, filmed, that has inflamed the city. He also spoke to the necessity for peaceful order, not violence.
So he absolved himself and democrat mayors back to 1974 from any culpability in police community relations in his city. What you would call NUANCED.

Of course! TDS allows oneself to twist logic into pretzels of infinite abandon.

Anyone want to bet me I can't find an article in the next few days blaming Trump for the Minney rioting?
https://www.dailywire.com/news/maxine-w ... lly-guilty

Mad Max is the first person on the Johnny pile.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm

I watched his interview.

Anyone want to bet me I can't find an article in the next few days blaming Trump for the Minney rioting?

Should’ve guessed she’d be the one.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm
njbill wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 am "Don't confuse occasional inarticulation with lack of judgment."

By occasional you must mean almost every time he speaks as of late. This is not the Joe Biden of 10 years ago. I don't know what Joe's issues are, but he consistently has difficulty trying to express himself without tripping over his tongue. A good indicator should come this summer when he hits the campaign trail in full stride. He will be speaking in public almost every day. I am curious to see how he holds up. Maybe he needs a teleprompter with him so he does not try and free lance his opinions. That is when he has his struggles.
Yeah, the “10 years ago” point is the latest attempt by Trump to attack Biden. It’s just campaign rhetoric. You have to watch the full interviews, not just the selective clips Fox airs.

If you re-read your post, you’ll see that you could easily have been describing Trump as well. Look at all of the mash-up clips other media run of Trump. Essentially the same thing as what Fox does to Biden.

I’m sure both campaigns are concerned about their candidate going out on the trail. Remember, it was at a campaign rally that Trump called the coronavirus a hoax.

Also just look at what Trump has done in the past few days with the disgusting tweet about the former Joe Scarborough employee. He is a ticking time bomb whenever he opens his mouth or touches his phone.
There is a huge difference between trump and Biden that gets overlooked. It is overlooked in the sense of who the 2 people are. Trump is a circus clown. His entire privileged life he never had to learn how to interact with people. He has had the silver spoon in his big fat mouth his entire life. That is why it does not surprise me trump babbles on like an idiot. He does not care what he says because 5 minutes later in his mind... he never said it.

Biden is the quintessential politician. He has been at this his entire life. His type of politician learns very early in the game that you have to watch every word you say and understand every group of people you are talking to. We all learned that with Barack Obama. He often painstakingly wrestled with every word that came out of his mouth. BHO understood that there were people out there dissecting every word he said. Professional flesh pounders and baby kissers understand how the game is played.

Trump is the political buffoon who doesn't care what he says because if it does not effect his bottom line... he just doesn't care period. Biden tries really hard to be just like the guy next door. The guy you could have a couple of beers with and play some eight ball. I expect trump to be a babbling idiot. I expect Biden to not sound like he has scrambled eggs between his ears. Biden is the career politician. He of all candidates has to understand the optics of being able to deliver your message without going so far off message that you come across as being mentally unstable.It does not help when you constantly have to keep e planning what you were trying to say.
Good analysis. I'll guess we'll see whether their respective babblings will impact the voting.
I am not a Biden supporter, but I believe he is the sort of politician that knows how to work with the other side to get things done. I just worry that he may not be able to do all of the heavy lifting needed. The only problem I have with Joe is that at this moment in time, he has to sell his political soul to the extreme far left of the party to get their support. It becomes problematic when he then has to tilt back to the center and try and convince moderate dems( if they really exist) that he is not too extreme. Trump has a similar problem trying to convince on the fence Republicans that he is not as bat crap crazy as he sounds with his idiotic tweets. The irony here is we again will have an election for POTUS with 2 candidates that make you shake your head in disbelief at how both parties decide who the "best" candidate is. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:39 pm

I watched his interview.

Should’ve guessed she’d be the one.
If nothing else, she is consistent :D
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:01 pm The irony here is we again will have an election for POTUS with 2 candidates that make you shake your head in disbelief at how both parties decide who the "best" candidate is. :roll:
Something is wrong with the primary system in both parties. I don’t know enough to know exactly what the problem is or how to fix it, but it seems clear the end product the process produces – the nominee - is not the best candidate either party has in its stable.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The only acceptable VP for Biden just got eliminated today. Jfc.

Klobuchar is toast.

https://news.yahoo.com/amy-klobuchar-de ... 28902.html

I’m telling you, sometimes it’s just fate. trump just won.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:01 pm The irony here is we again will have an election for POTUS with 2 candidates that make you shake your head in disbelief at how both parties decide who the "best" candidate is. :roll:
Something is wrong with the primary system in both parties. I don’t know enough to know exactly what the problem is or how to fix it, but it seems clear the end product the process produces – the nominee - is not the best candidate either party has in its stable.
1. Eliminate first past the post. Trump won the first few primaries with only 20-30% of the vote due to the large field. He may still have won with instant runoff or another system, but those encourage larger fields, third party candidates in general elections, and promote a candidate that has a majority of support.

2. Reduce money in politics. McConnell screwed us over with Citizens United to keep power, and money, not ideas, determines the winner in most elections, especially down ballot. Companies and unions are not people. Only individual and limited campaign contributions are needed ASAP.

3. Term limits for everyone. Including Staff. People are willing to work together more if they're not up for re-election. We can extend terms to make them more meaningful while including term limits so that we aren't getting huge turnover every 2 years. Staff are important as you see the same sycophants in high-level positions for decades. We have enough smart people in this country that we can afford new politicians every few years.

That's a start in a better world.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm The only acceptable VP for Biden just got eliminated today. Jfc.

Klobuchar is toast.

https://news.yahoo.com/amy-klobuchar-de ... 28902.html

I was ready to pull the lever for Biden if he picked Amy. Now, gotta see who he picks. I still think it will be a "no-name" that wasn't already running for president.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Klobuchar is toast.

Petey -- thanks to your wise prior posting, we all know already that the race is over. Due to that all-important Vernon Jones endorsement.

So you don't need to cry wolf again over Amy.

Although I guess it doesn't qualify as crying wolf if you only do it one time, right? : )
by Peter Brown » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:32 pm
Well this sure is unhelpful to Dems. Vernon Jones, black Democratic lawmaker from Georgia, today endorsed Trump. Who is now going to call this man all sorts of derogatory names?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

It is shocking that the GOP has put up such a weak candidate again.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm
He may be weak but his dumb ass found a way to beat the Democrat Juggernaut just a few years ago. He may be severely damaged goods this time around. The fact that Biden is the best they can come up with is very odd to me. The politically correct, multicultural party of equality for everyone can only prop up an old white guy just a few years shy of starting to fossilize. :roll:
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm
He may be weak but his dumb ass found a way to beat the Democrat Juggernaut just a few years ago. He may be severely damaged goods this time around. The fact that Biden is the best they can come up with is very odd to me. The politically correct, multicultural party of equality for everyone can only prop up an old white guy just a few years shy of starting to fossilize. :roll:
Good point, he is both weak and dumb. I had missed that fact. Thanks.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Klobuchar is toast.

Petey -- thanks to your wise prior posting, we all know already that the race is over. Due to that all-important Vernon Jones endorsement.

So you don't need to cry wolf again over Amy.

Although I guess it doesn't qualify as crying wolf if you only do it one time, right? : )
by Peter Brown » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:32 pm
Well this sure is unhelpful to Dems. Vernon Jones, black Democratic lawmaker from Georgia, today endorsed Trump. Who is now going to call this man all sorts of derogatory names?

I'm just not as certain as you that I "called" the race for Trump on the back of a Vernon Jones endorsement. Did I? I would have been on some pretty heavy psychadelics if so. Feel free to quote my prior post if I did; the quote you posted doesn't infer that.

That all being said, Amy to me was Joe's ace int he hole so to speak. She's sane, not prone to woke hysteria, and is palatable to normal taxpayers in America. Joe's #2 is the de facto Democratic nominee, for reasons previously stated. I am not sure who is acceptable outside her, who also happens to be a woman. Normal Americans would have accepted Cory Booker, but unfortunately for the normals, Corey has a johnson which apparently is a deal killer to Democrats.

You tell me. Kamala is my #1 most disliked politician in America. Warren is simply a nutcase. Val Demings is superior to both, and she's no Tea Party favorite.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Anyone else waste their time tuning in to the 2:00 presser at the WH Rose garden?

LOL

For a guy who has spent so much time grabbing wimp he sure is panty waste.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Could Trump dial up a better scenario than tonight’s out of control violence in cities controlled and run by Democrats for decades!

He’s gonna call in the national guard to DC and ignore Mayor Bowser, arrest anyone who passes gas, and look like he knows what he’s doing (he doesn’t).

Meanwhile all the feckless Democrat mayors and governors will see their cities get torched by their own voters tonight.

The world works in not so mysterious ways. You could call this a mile away.

Return to “POLITICS”