All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

https://zenodo.org/record/3862789#.XtE2QBgpA0P

just as it makes little sense for a real estate magnate to be touting a therapeutic cure to a slippery novel virus in the absence of evidence, the promotion of questionable evidence to the contrary looks to promote an equal agenda.
i thought we all were looking for legitimate trials and to not do it in the court of public opinion?
this most recent lancet study, in my uninformed guesstimate, will crash and burn.

there were quite a number of things that made no sense in the numbers to me, and i've seen a number of others like in open letters above i would never know to think of.
everything i had seen in the u.s. was hospitalization had 20-30+% mortality rate. now it's 9% with large numbers as long as you don't take chloroquine?
that's amazing, who knew that's all we had to do?
where are the other 10-20000 deaths?
baseline comparisons were essentially useless, critical and always elusive in backward looking studies.

don't we all want legitimate info to go by on this and other drug studies? this is all like a hollywood movie script made up for effect. for all the respect i have in medical science, watching this move thru the channels has made me thankful we get anything thru that works with good data.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:30 am Why? The Swamp is preventing the use of this "Game changer!"

VA says it has ‘ratcheted down’ use of hydroxychloroquine to treat veterans

First, not much works when the disease is in an advanced stage, so giving anything to these patients is likely to skew the results. Below are some actual doctors treating actual patients and publishing the actual results. I'm not saying it is a panacea. But considering the outcome of covid 19 vs the potential side effects of hydroxychloroquine, I'm taking it. Many health care providers are as a prophylactic measure.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... e-n2566409

When I see conflicting reports I am always inclined to check the money angle first. What is better for "Big Pharma", a drug with an expired patent that cost less than $5 a dose or some new vaccine (or the federal grant to develop one) that they can sell for $50 - $250 a copy? We all know the government will foot the bill through the gift of Uncle Sam requiring insurers to waive the co-pay.

Is everybody against it because Trump is for it? Good thing for most posters here Trump doesn't touch alcohol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas derailed will be like a horror movie.
Oh. No. The. Inlaws. Can't. Visit.

;)
RV’s are becoming the hottest ticket in travel. They’ll be there, all 35 feet of it, on your front lawn.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am Halloween, Thanksgiving and Xmas derailed will be like a horror movie.
Oh. No. The. Inlaws. Can't. Visit.

;)
RV’s are becoming the hottest ticket in travel. They’ll be there, all 35 feet of it, on your front lawn.
I'll give em a hookup. If it keeps em outside.

:lol:

njbill

Post by njbill »

get it to x wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 pm Good thing for most posters here Trump doesn't touch alcohol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good for the country, too. Can you imagine Trump drunk tweeting at 2 AM?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

njbill wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:57 pm
get it to x wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:36 pm Good thing for most posters here Trump doesn't touch alcohol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
As opposed to sober rage tweeting at 2AM???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Kismet wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:06 pm
As opposed to sober rage tweeting at 2AM???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When does that man sleep?

Here is a little more on hydroxychloroquine:

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/05/ ... e-hcq.html

Yale Epidemiologist, no less.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Isn’t the Adderall enough?!
njbill

Post by njbill »

The article claims “five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy” but cites no statistics or anything else proving that.

The article also compares the mortality rate from heart arrhythmias in one 300,000 person study to the total number of people (not percentage) who die nationwide from the same condition on a weekly basis. The article says 27 people in the study died from the disease while 10,000 people die from it nationwide each week. So people who take this drug are three times as likely to die from cardiac arrhythmias as the general population. Hmm. Sign me up.

This article is an outlier. No one says the entire scientific community has abandoned HCQ, but those advocating this drug are now in the distinct minority and are becoming fewer and fewer all the time. In fact, the defenders currently are trying to argue it is not as unsafe as most studies have proved without addressing the obvious other significant issue, which is its lack of proven efficacy.

In short, it doesn’t work and it may kill you.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The VA and Dr. Fauci say HCQ does more harm than good.

https://apple.news/At5qNsA6LT2yK_3ngAzEVmw
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:07 pm The article claims “five studies, including two controlled clinical trials, have demonstrated significant major outpatient treatment efficacy” but cites no statistics or anything else proving that.

The article also compares the mortality rate from heart arrhythmias in one 300,000 person study to the total number of people (not percentage) who die nationwide from the same condition on a weekly basis. The article says 27 people in the study died from the disease while 10,000 people die from it nationwide each week. So people who take this drug are three times as likely to die from cardiac arrhythmias as the general population. Hmm. Sign me up.

This article is an outlier. No one says the entire scientific community has abandoned HCQ, but those advocating this drug are now in the distinct minority and are becoming fewer and fewer all the time. In fact, the defenders currently are trying to argue it is not as unsafe as most studies have proved without addressing the obvious other significant issue, which is its lack of proven efficacy.

In short, it doesn’t work and it may kill you.
njbill wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm The VA and Dr. Fauci say HCQ does more harm than good.

https://apple.news/At5qNsA6LT2yK_3ngAzEVmw
all good stuff.
from what i hear, only 6 countries have taken up the who's guidance. which came on the heels of an epidemiology study, not trial, authored solely by cardiac surgeons. and an unknown, brand new data aggregator. which again... is my guess will go down in flames and might come out as outright fraud. if that in fact happened, the who may find itself in an even less tenable situation than they are now. or they'll just move on to the next news cycle!
guess we'll see!
definitely not an outlier, i could post dozens of studies that have had positive results (including from many other countries, who use it liberally and have case fatality rates we could only dream of), though i'm not sure everyone would enjoy seeing them! also dozens more re: it being part of policy in other countries. we take things slower here, and at least in theory wait for real evidence. the rhetoric around this drug would get anyone thrown out of a pitch meeting in l.a.
crazy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Such Bold Leadership!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... who-289799

I remember when a Great America would step up and solve a problem, not cry baby tears and run away crying....

maga
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:44 pm Such Bold Leadership!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... who-289799

I remember when a Great America would step up and solve a problem, not cry baby tears and run away crying....

maga
what a gong show all the way around.
maybe he'll start a new organization, head it up, and call it warp speed space health force.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Question to anyone that cares to answer...

Exactly how has the WHO helped with this pandemic?

At this point it's most likely impossible, but please try to answer objectively without letting your political inclination interfere.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Do you mean what have they done to help America since the pandemic started?

Well, for one, they're the one's coordinating data and research sharing of vaccine trials and treatment protocols, and dealing with all the language barriers in sharing research globally.

Is that the sort of stuff you're asking about here?
old salt

Post by old salt »

When the WHO agreed with Trump on the necessity of wearing masks, it was just too much. .:lol:.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 pm Do you mean what have they done to help America since the pandemic started?

Well, for one, they're the one's coordinating data and research sharing of vaccine trials and treatment protocols, and dealing with all the language barriers in sharing research globally.

Is that the sort of stuff you're asking about here?
no, he's asking what have they done to help Trump since the pandemic started...

gotta remember Trump=America
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 pm Question to anyone that cares to answer...

At this point it's most likely impossible, but please try to answer objectively without letting your political inclination interfere.
They certainly seem like a 3rd party that just gets in the way. Where influence may have set aside real work. Remember our CDC directly requesting help, multiple times to China, only to have fallen on deaf ears. WHO appears to have slipped on their on peel. This moves appears like a forceful move to hit them where it hurts and demand they clean up ‘possible’ internal shortcomings.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:29 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 pm Question to anyone that cares to answer...

They certainly seem like a 3rd party that just gets in the way. Where influence may have set aside real work. Remember our CDC directly requesting help, multiple times to China, only to have fallen on deaf ears. WHO appears to have slipped on their on peel. This moves appears like a forceful move to hit them where it hurts and demand they clean up ‘possible’ internal shortcomings.
I agree it may be more a shot across bow than anything youth. And perhaps the loss of funding may force a change to WHO leadership that may have become too intimate with the Chicoms.

Return to “POLITICS”