Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:35 am That's what they claim. But as you know a picture is worth a thousand words.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBern/c ... arted_the/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU3_SDCpwq0

Clearly he wasn't a civilian. Notice how he reacts just like a cop does by pushing away the camera.
Getting your news from the Bernie Sanders "Way of the Bern" Reddit page?
C'mon Man.
:oops:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am CNN reporter arrested while broadcasting, for no apparent reason (?). handled it as well as he could. impressive for a 26 year old. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/2 ... ay-vpx.cnn

They arrest the reporter and not the dude shooting mortar fireworks into the gasoline drenched government building.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

C'mon Man.

You right wingers have no trouble quoting Fo卐.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:57 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:12 am CNN reporter arrested while broadcasting, for no apparent reason (?). handled it as well as he could. impressive for a 26 year old. https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/2 ... ay-vpx.cnn

They arrest the reporter and not the dude shooting mortar fireworks into the gasoline drenched government building.

The dude who wasn't arrested was probably on duty at taxpayer expense.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So you DO agree that cops can do things like that....maybe like, even to Flynn? :lol: Would you call that a Blue Deep State" ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 am here i was thinking covid might put a pause on racism, violence, crime, destruction.

nope- humans these days are just predisposed to self-interest and instant gratification
I think the Chairman knows this is a little more complicated than our animal predisposition to self-interest and instant gratification. Putting aside the really terrifying ends of the spectrum, it sure seems like the social contract is failing some people. The basic deal is that in exchange for the civil protections provided by the state and civil governance, we will put away the tools outside of the political process. It really doesn't matter who is first in breach of that promise; the result is discord and violence. And we let the violence and its excess get in the way of asking why some folks are scared to jog, birdwatch and wear masks.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:05 am
So you DO agree that cops can do things like that....maybe like, even to Flynn? :lol: Would you call that a Blue Deep State" ;)

This comparison is exactly where you can expose the Left's hypocrisy. They will say this cop or that cop is bad, but if you then ask them to consider if a cop like Comey or Strzok is similarly bad, they sprint away from the truth.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

C'mon Man.

You right wingers have no trouble quoting Fo卐.
Yet you quote something worse?

Hmm...
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 am here i was thinking covid might put a pause on racism, violence, crime, destruction.

nope- humans these days are just predisposed to self-interest and instant gratification
I think the Chairman knows this is a little more complicated than our animal predisposition to self-interest and instant gratification. Putting aside the really terrifying ends of the spectrum, it sure seems like the social contract is failing some people. The basic deal is that in exchange for the civil protections provided by the state and civil governance, we will put away the tools outside of the political process. It really doesn't matter who is first in breach of that promise; the result is discord and violence. And we let the violence and its excess get in the way of asking why some folks are scared to jog, birdwatch and wear masks.
different things; i support the right to protest and other political tools.

i don't support the right to burn down buildings and incite violence.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The left was wringing its hands at the prospect of the armed protest in Richmond. "How can we let this occur? It's going to be unsafe!" Yet no arrests, violence, destruction or arson. Protesters cleaned up after the event. Richmond never missed a step and was back to normalcy following the protests.

Conversely, the left backs away slowly in Minneapolis and says, "The protests need to occur! Let 'em burn down the police precinct. Just give it to them - The social contract isn't working!"

:lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am

You and me both; understood. But what happens -- and what is OK -- when the protections society promises fail you? Just FTR, I wasn't criticizing you. I was saying that some pretty serious questions tend to get lost in the violence.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I’m all for arming the citizenry. It’s one solution we haven’t tried yet. These residents in Minny May be better off if they were all carrying. They need to be armed when the police come or protestors come to burn their homes/neighborhoods.

Let the city burn. In a few weeks there will be complaints that there is nowhere to shop and crime is rising. Enter the Democrats to provide the glorious breast of life.

Minneapolis remain reliant on .gov. Cycle of dependency continues.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am The left was wringing its hands at the prospect of the armed protest in Richmond. "How can we let this occur? It's going to be unsafe!" Yet no arrests, violence, destruction or arson. Protesters cleaned up after the event. Richmond never missed a step and was back to normalcy following the protests.

Conversely, the left backs away slowly in Minneapolis and says, "The protests need to occur! Let 'em burn down the police precinct. Just give it to them - The social contract isn't working!"

Bullsh*t. I'm not backing away from anything. I am asking if there is a dialogue to be had about why we are unraveling this way. The protests in Richmond and the violence and, sure, looting and excess in Minneapolis arise from different causes. Laughing emojis won't get the country through this.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am

You and me both; understood. But what happens -- and what is OK -- when the protections society promises fail you? Just FTR, I wasn't criticizing you. I was saying that some pretty serious questions tend to get lost in the violence.
sorry- thanks- when society fails, sure, protest. peacefully.

when does it need to get bloody? i'd look to history. never right, but sometimes necessary. a gray area certainly.

noting of course, that the victors write the textbooks! :lol:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 am The left was wringing its hands at the prospect of the armed protest in Richmond. "How can we let this occur? It's going to be unsafe!" Yet no arrests, violence, destruction or arson. Protesters cleaned up after the event. Richmond never missed a step and was back to normalcy following the protests.

Bullsh*t. I'm not backing away from anything. I am asking if there is a dialogue to be had about why we are unraveling this way. The protests in Richmond and the violence and, sure, looting and excess in Minneapolis arise from different causes. Laughing emojis won't get the country through this.
Different causes? slightly. Both feel peoples inherent constitutional rights are being violated enough that they want to protest and show their feelings on the matter.

Do you think the Mayoral decision (as CNN reporters said last night) to abandon the police precinct to let it burn, is the right decision to "get us through this?"
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am

Yet you quote something worse?

Hmm...

Reddit has a large right wing base so it presents both sides.

Fo卐 only presents one side as you well know.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

If you don't see that Reddit Bernie Brother pages and Fox are both trash, I'm not engaging.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Apples and Oranges. Richmond protesters weren't there protesting a black man killed by cops on video 24 hours previous. And like most riots, the people protesting peacefully, and the people inciting violence and looting aren't the same people. It's the criminal element in the neighborhood taking full advantage of the situation.

Have a friend who owns a distillery in the immediate area of the burning and looting. Last night, he called the cops and the fire department and told them to not enter the building if it's burning----let it go----because barrels of whiskey are explosive, and would kill 1st responders.

He then walked away, hoping it wouldn't burn. I'm waiting to hear if it survived the night. Rough stuff.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Cops burn down their own headquarters and will now get a new state of the arts facility.

Return to “POLITICS”