2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 pm Unilaterally mailing millions of blank forms to millions of unverified addresses to millions of dead person names is an open invitation to Democrats to do their dirty deeds.
They are APPLICATIONS, not ballots. The applications are reviewed to be sure they are in proper order before a ballot is sent out. Is it possible to commit mischief? Sure. Just as it is possible with in person voting. But mail in voting has the huge advantage of creating a paper trail, something absent with a lot of electronic machines, including those I use in Jersey.

Question: why are you guys so convinced Trump will lose such that you have to be creating excuses already?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 pm Unilaterally mailing millions of blank forms to millions of unverified addresses to millions of dead person names is an open invitation to Democrats to do their dirty deeds.
They are APPLICATIONS, not ballots. The applications are reviewed to be sure they are in proper order before a ballot is sent out. Is it possible to commit mischief? Sure. Just as it is possible with in person voting. But mail in voting has the huge advantage of creating a paper trail, something absent with a lot of electronic machines, including those I use in Jersey.

Question: why are you guys so convinced Trump will lose such that you have to be creating excuses already?
The whole push against widespread mail balloting is just another way to suppress D turnout in the next election. Ds turnout = Trump loss.

Huge dark money effort behind this as well (Koch involvement). And PB is constantly confusing (intentionally) voter registration fraud from voting fraud.

Part of the "inside straight" effort that led to the Trump win in 2016 was suppression efforts in places like MI, PA, and WI to suppress African-American turnout by using social media to make AAs mad at Hillary and more likely to stay home.

So getting the D turnout suppressed is one of the only ways they have to victory...
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill -- in another thread, you told us Stacey Abrams is your favorite for Biden's VP candidate.
You've yet to tell us why she's your favorite.
Do you conclude that she's qualified to step in as CinC, or do you just want to win ?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Why do republicans insist on authentication for a ballot, you mean? Because Republicans in tight races have to overcome between 1-5% voting fraud to win.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm njbill -- in another thread, you told us Stacey Abrams is your favorite for Biden's VP candidate.
Do you conclude that she's qualified to step in as CinC, or do you just want to win ?
I was very impressed with her during her 2018 Ga. governor's race. Very smart, articulate. I agree with her on most of the issues I heard her express opinions on. Seemed to be able to galvanize the voters.

If you mean "qualified" in terms of prior government experience, I acknowledge she doesn't have much national political or foreign policy experience. But if you compare her to Pence, for example, who had more experience in those areas, I would take her in a heartbeat as I think Pence is on the wrong side of virtually all issues. I understand a lot of Rs wouldn't agree with that. I think she would learn the job quickly and if she were to become president, would surround her with the right people. She would be light years better than Trump.

I understand the theoretical concern, given Biden's age, but I think he's in pretty good health and certainly don't buy into the nonsense that he is demented. Watch his full interviews, not just the snippets people like Carlson run when he stumbles over his words. Don't confuse occasional inarticulation with lack of judgment.

Sure, I want to win. Who doesn't? Trump wants to win. I think Abrams would help in that regard. Adding someone who can balance the ticket is something politicians on both sides have done forever.

To your apparent suggestion, no, I don't want Abrams simply to win. If that were my goal, I would advocate for Michelle Obama or Oprah on the silent understanding that they would resign on day 1 to be replace by, say, Klobuchar.

And, BTW, I don't think it will be Abrams. Just a gut feeling.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:41 pm Why do republicans insist on authentication for a ballot, you mean? Because Republicans in tight races have to overcome between 1-5% voting fraud to win.
Now there is a Trump "statistic" if I ever heard one.

Better watch out. FanLax is going to have to put a "find out the truth here" disclaimer on your posts.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks bill. I hope you're accurate in your assessment of Biden's mental acuity.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:31 pm Thanks bill. I hope you're accurate in your assessment of Biden's mental acuity.
Watch his longer, serious interviews. He's got his marbles just fine.

But he's not Mayor Pete!
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:42 pm
old salt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:31 pm Thanks bill. I hope you're accurate in your assessment of Biden's mental acuity.

But he's not Mayor Pete!
OMG, I read this quickly and thought you wrote, "but he's no Pete" thinking you meant our beloved Peter Brown. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:55 pm

But he's not Mayor Pete!
OMG, I read this quickly and thought you wrote, "but he's no Pete" thinking you meant our beloved Peter Brown. :lol:
:D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:23 pm
old salt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm njbill -- in another thread, you told us Stacey Abrams is your favorite for Biden's VP candidate.
I was very impressed with her during her 2018 Ga. governor's race. Very smart, articulate. I agree with her on most of the issues I heard her express opinions on. Seemed to be able to galvanize the voters.

If you mean "qualified" in terms of prior government experience, I acknowledge she doesn't have much national political or foreign policy experience. But if you compare her to Pence, for example, who had more experience in those areas, I would take her in a heartbeat as I think Pence is on the wrong side of virtually all issues. I understand a lot of Rs wouldn't agree with that. I think she would learn the job quickly and if she were to become president, would surround her with the right people. She would be light years better than Trump.

I understand the theoretical concern, given Biden's age, but I think he's in pretty good health and certainly don't buy into the nonsense that he is demented. Watch his full interviews, not just the snippets people like Carlson run when he stumbles over his words. Don't confuse occasional inarticulation with lack of judgment.

Sure, I want to win. Who doesn't? Trump wants to win. I think Abrams would help in that regard. Adding someone who can balance the ticket is something politicians on both sides have done forever.

To your apparent suggestion, no, I don't want Abrams simply to win. If that were my goal, I would advocate for Michelle Obama or Oprah on the silent understanding that they would resign on day 1 to be replace by, say, Klobuchar.

And, BTW, I don't think it will be Abrams. Just a gut feeling.
"Don't confuse occasional inarticulation with lack of judgment."

By occasional you must mean almost every time he speaks as of late. This is not the Joe Biden of 10 years ago. I don't know what Joe's issues are, but he consistently has difficulty trying to express himself without tripping over his tongue. A good indicator should come this summer when he hits the campaign trail in full stride. He will be speaking in public almost every day. I am curious to see how he holds up. Maybe he needs a teleprompter with him so he does not try and free lance his opinions. That is when he has his struggles.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

He was pretty good yesterday
Watch this

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/-we- ... 4002373869

He has experience with grief and he demonstrated it here along with a fairly large slice of empathy.

Doesn't mean he won't say something nutty and off the wall soon but this is light years better than the country is getting from the WH. DOPUS retweeted a video that starts with the line “the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.” today. Is that your preference? :cry:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 am "Don't confuse occasional inarticulation with lack of judgment."

By occasional you must mean almost every time he speaks as of late. This is not the Joe Biden of 10 years ago. I don't know what Joe's issues are, but he consistently has difficulty trying to express himself without tripping over his tongue. A good indicator should come this summer when he hits the campaign trail in full stride. He will be speaking in public almost every day. I am curious to see how he holds up. Maybe he needs a teleprompter with him so he does not try and free lance his opinions. That is when he has his struggles.
Yeah, the “10 years ago” point is the latest attempt by Trump to attack Biden. It’s just campaign rhetoric. You have to watch the full interviews, not just the selective clips Fox airs.

If you re-read your post, you’ll see that you could easily have been describing Trump as well. Look at all of the mash-up clips other media run of Trump. Essentially the same thing as what Fox does to Biden.

I’m sure both campaigns are concerned about their candidate going out on the trail. Remember, it was at a campaign rally that Trump called the coronavirus a hoax.

Also just look at what Trump has done in the past few days with the disgusting tweet about the former Joe Scarborough employee. He is a ticking time bomb whenever he opens his mouth or touches his phone.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:07 amBy occasional you must mean almost every time he speaks as of late. This is not the Joe Biden of 10 years ago. I don't know what Joe's issues are, but he consistently has difficulty trying to express himself without tripping over his tongue. A good indicator should come this summer when he hits the campaign trail in full stride. He will be speaking in public almost every day. I am curious to see how he holds up. Maybe he needs a teleprompter with him so he does not try and free lance his opinions. That is when he has his struggles.
Sorry, but this is definitely NOT an issue that Trump fanboys want to have in this election. Not only does the Con "stumble over words" constantly, but the SUBSTANCE behind WHATEVER words he spits out is just flat vacuous and over-the-line nonsense. it has been documented that he is a devotee of that "Power of Positive Thinking" guy (forget his name right now) that leads him, daily, to create a fictional world, a "reality show universe" if you will, of how he WANTS the world to be, not how it actually is...hence his endless happy talk about everything from the economy to Covid to foreign policy to all the "perfect" things and people he's associated with...things that are just FINE in a reality TV show host and erstwile New York Page 6 playboy-jetset "billionaire"...but definitely NOT what this country needs in a president.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU88

Post by CU88 »

November Voters

Boeing to Lay Off Almost 7,000 Workers

On Wednesday, Boeing announced that it would lay off 6,770 workers as part of a plan to cut 10 percent of its workforce (Politico, CNN). The almost 7,000 layoffs were involuntary. Another 5,500 workers have been laid off voluntarily. Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun sent a message to Boeing employees on Wednesday, noting the “pandemic's impact ‘means a deep cut in the number of commercial jets and services our customers will need over the next few years, which in turn means fewer jobs on our lines and in our offices.’"

NYT: U.S. Poised for Massive Eviction Crisis

The U.S. is poised for an “avalanche of evictions” as legal protections for renters as well as economic support for people economically hit by the virus and shutdown orders expire, according to a New York Times report on Wednesday (NYT). “I think we will enter into a severe renter crisis and very quickly” Emily A. Benfer, a housing expert and professor at Columbia Law School, told the Times. Texas’ Supreme Court has already ruled that evictions can now recommence, and Oklahoma City area sheriffs have announced they will now enforce evictions. Elsewhere, for example in Ohio, there were few if any protections to begin with.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Because Republicans in tight races have to overcome between 1-5% voting fraud to win.
Now that's what I call Trump Derangement Syndrome!

Petey's disinformation production now up to Russian bot levels.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 am
Because Republicans in tight races have to overcome between 1-5% voting fraud to win.
Now that's what I call Trump Derangement Syndrome!

Petey's disinformation production now up to Russian bot levels.

Don't you fella's have a riot to cheer on in Minney today?

Not a good look when Ilhan's daughter is a paid-up shill for Antifa and asks Dems to send supplies to the front line so more business owners can see their stores burned to the ground. I always thought it's the economy stupid, but maybe the Party has 'evolved'... :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:44 am Don't you fella's have a riot to cheer on in Minney today?
So I guess your crusade for fixing our broken criminal justice system is over, huh?

That was quick.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

But he's not Mayor Pete!
Love this post, I am going to call him Mayor Pete from now on!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:34 pm

But he's not Mayor Pete!
Love this post, I am going to call him Mayor Pete from now on!

I'll take it. My first executive order will be to reduce property taxes by 50% and tell public sector unions to go get real jobs. (wondering you still want me as mayor?)

Return to “POLITICS”