For hockey fans...

General Chatter
DD-Tech

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by DD-Tech »

Having lunch watching the NHL news conference announcing the official addition of Seattle to the NHL. No name no building yet. Season tix are already sold out!

Arizona will move to the Central Division. Seattle will fall in the Pacific.

My son is laughing saying Bettman has it all fixed. Seattle will lose in the cup finals in 2022. Bettman will nominate himself again for the HOF!

:lol:
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Isles return back to Brooklyn tonight. Funny tweet from the game. This guy’s Twitter handle referencing that stupid SUV is hysterical.

YeSUV
@IslesWhiteSUV
I may be able to drive every fan in attendance home tonight #isles⁠ ⁠

:lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Avs & Red Wings gettin' it on! Love the announcer's comments at 3:33. If you like physical play this is a great 8 min video. Even a linesman gets checked over the boards at the 5:18 mark. Watch to the end for a classic sucker punch thrown from the bench (brought a two game suspension too).

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote:Avs & Red Wings gettin' it on! Love the announcer's comments at 3:33. If you like physical play this is a great 8 min video. Even a linesman gets checked over the boards at the 5:18 mark. Watch to the end for a classic sucker punch thrown from the bench (brought a two game suspension too).

Announcer: "Hudson Bay rules" ~ where ref does not call penalties despite very evident infractions, esp towards the end of the game.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Brooklyn wrote:
Nigel wrote:Avs & Red Wings gettin' it on! Love the announcer's comments at 3:33. If you like physical play this is a great 8 min video. Even a linesman gets checked over the boards at the 5:18 mark. Watch to the end for a classic sucker punch thrown from the bench (brought a two game suspension too).

Announcer: "Hudson Bay rules" ~ where ref does not call penalties despite very evident infractions, esp towards the end of the game.
Haha! Best line by the color guy was “its only interference if the ref sees it” :lol:

Some nice hard nosed hockey in that clip Nigel! Thanks for sharing.

Did you guys see what Reaves did to Tom Wilson? He’s got a target on him now! Reaves ate him up the other night.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

That was quite a blow up hit, and I agree with the interference call, but I can't believe how easily Wilson's helmet came off, leading to his head smacking the ice. Skip the macho, low hanging chin strap fella, buckle that thing up!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Here’s the JT we Islander fans got to know the last 9 years! Way to go big guy!

Laffable! :lol:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEiBK6B7dJ ... q9sd6cam7s
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

As Coach Emile "the cat" Francis says. when it comes to hockey, NYC is # 1.

Lake Wobegone folks consider themselves highly passionate about puck but, truth be told, their love for the sport pales in comparison to hockey fans in NYC. I know - been there & done that in both places.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

DD-Tech wrote:Here’s the JT we Islander fans got to know the last 9 years! Way to go big guy!

Daughter #3 is a born and raised Texan but she went to college in Michigan. As a result, she became a HUGE Red Wings Fan. Huuuugggeee I tell ya. Her better half is from Newfoundland and he happens to be a HUGE Leafs fan. They even went to the Winter Classic at the Big House when the Wings played the Leafs a few years ago, each decked out in their respective team's gear.

I'm sure my daughter was giving him the business over this win.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

In what will likely be the game of the year during the regular season, # 1 Warroad defeated South St Paul 1-0 at a packed house in Woog Arena:

https://kstp.com/sports/warroad-girls-h ... 0/5172047/

Warroad goalie is Quinn Kuntz who will play for Ohio State next year and may well be an Olympian some day. I think it's me in the background screaming "shoot it!"

Between the first & second periods Coach Dave Palmquist gave a very impassioned speech in honor of the 25th anniversary of girls hockey in Minnesota. He said the sport has come a long way from those early days and it has evolved into a well deserved place among Lake Wobegone favorite sports. The players skills and the quality of play has, indeed, grown significantly since those first few games at Yackel, at Biff Adams, and at the Coliseum. I know fully well because I was there at the beginning and am still there supporting the girls after 25 years. ang4

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Some talented lady skaters out there Brooklyn. Smooth stick skills and moves... they can’t shoot though!

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DD-Tech wrote:Some talented lady skaters out there Brooklyn. Smooth stick skills and moves... they can’t shoot though!

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

DD-T,

Thanx for the nice comments. Our Packers do need to go top shelf with greater accuracy. Plus, they need a sustained, strategic, and more aggressive power play if they hope to win Lake Wobegone's championship.

After the game, me and a pal of mine approached a few Warroad parents to congratulate them on their win and for having the USA's best goalie. The Iron Range parents were genuinely humble about their win and top ranking.

Interestingly, the Univ of Minnesota Lady Gophers also played at home last night at Ridder Arena (Minneapolis) but we drew a larger crowd! :D

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

6x6 wrote:
DD-Tech wrote:Here’s the JT we Islander fans got to know the last 9 years! Way to go big guy!

Daughter #3 is a born and raised Texan but she went to college in Michigan. As a result, she became a HUGE Red Wings Fan. Huuuugggeee I tell ya. Her better half is from Newfoundland and he happens to be a HUGE Leafs fan. They even went to the Winter Classic at the Big House when the Wings played the Leafs a few years ago, each decked out in their respective team's gear.

I'm sure my daughter was giving him the business over this win.
Isles are in detroit tonight. Not expecting a good game from the Isles as they are struggling as of late. I think they are 0 for 20 on the power play the last 10 games. That’s ugly!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DD-Tech wrote:

Did you guys see what Reaves did to Tom Wilson? He’s got a target on him now! Reaves ate him up the other night.

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead ...
Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Great documentary about Warroad ~ or HockeyTown, USA as it is often called. It's about 27 minutes but goes by very quickly.

DMac

Post by DMac »

Worth all 27 minutes. If you're going to Warroad bring your hockey stick. Seems like a warm little town but bring your long johns too.
Less is more in Warroad. Thanks for posting, Brookie.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote:Worth all 27 minutes. If you're going to Warroad bring your hockey stick. Seems like a warm little town but bring your long johns too.
Less is more in Warroad. Thanks for posting, Brookie.

So glad you enjoyed it!

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Uh oh! We got some passion at practice in St Louis! Monday blues! confused2
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrOBaLwnx7I ... 1i8chfg8cm
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The Black Hawks are one of the league leaders in goals against this year. Maybe they need to call up this 'wiener' goalie?

https://twitter.com/i/status/950943217784008704
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote:The Black Hawks are one of the league leaders in goals against this year. Maybe they need to call up this 'wiener' goalie?

https://twitter.com/i/status/950943217784008704

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”