All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

March 16th—15 Days to Slow the Spread

April 14th—30 days to Slow the Spread (ending on April 30th, 2020).

It's Memorial Day folks. Next Monday June 1.
Governors are now claiming they need a vaccine before they opn up. ALL LIARS. No interest in relinquishing power.

You can get an abortion or buy Marijuana but you can't go to church or go to work.

Still think this is about a virus. Thats proving to be far less lethal than they told us.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:55 am March 16th—15 Days to Slow the Spread

Governors are now claiming they need a vaccine before they opn up. ALL LIARS. No interest in relinquishing power.

You can get an abortion or buy Marijuana but you can't go to church or go to work.

Still think this is about a virus. Thats proving to be far less lethal than they told us.
Remember the "as soon as we see the curve flatten". It has now turned political in nature. Interesting....wonder why the top virologist and his crew are standing so close and not wearing masks? Did he just recently learn that wearing a mask is a good thing OR did he want it to spread? How can someone so damned smart not encourage wearing a mask...this was on 4-Mar?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

https://www.businessinsider.com/nearly- ... ort-2020-5

And the mindless followers obey...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:38 am Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

We should stay shut down indefinitely because CU88 doesn't like 'bots' (whatever they are), and also Democrats are smart or something, and the forced economic shutdowns have nothing to do with politics, and finally no one is hurt from a lack of income. Does that capture your thoughts well?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:45 pm I didn’t think I was conceding your point. I thought your point was that masks should be legally compulsory which I would absolutely disagree with.
No, you're all over the place. My point was that wearing a mask doesn't hurt the economy in any way, shape, or form. You conceded that point, because of course you did. It's demonstrably true.

You'd THINK that guys like you who swear that they want to get the economy going would WANT governments to ask people to wear masks...anything to get people to feel a little safer, and anything that slows the virus down is good for the economy, is it not?

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:45 pm I think we all overreacted to a threat whose prime targets are easy enough to isolate.
Easy to say in hindsight. And everyone is soooo eager to play that pointless game.

As for the rest...you better hope that you're right, and that all your expertise and decades of work as a virologist pays off.

Because otherwise, we're in for a rough, rough year or two.
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:45 pm I don’t buy the hysteria and fear and in fact, I believe most of it is politically driven. Truth.
It's not truth. Countries around the world are locked down.....so how do you explain that? They all hate Trump, and that's why, right?

Lots to address here. First, a government ‘asking’ a citizen to do something versus “demanding” same are wildly different themes. You understand that, correct?

Also, I’m leery about giving mobs the moral advantage in shaming others. If you don’t care to wear a mask, I don’t care in the least. Many Democrats (to zero surprise of me) are obnoxiously seeking the neighborhood Hester Prynne to ambush. You’re not like them, I hope?

As to your rest, I think you and MD are scarily comfortable with this new authoritarian mindset, which might just be cover for feeling way more simpatico with Democrats. Bottom line and again for the billionth time: you do not need to be an epidemiologist to understand that this virus is harmless if you’re under 70 and without a compromised system.
keep moving the football, Lucy.

You were saying that wearing masks threatens the economy. Whether mandatory or voluntary that was a dumb argument and were called on it.

Now you are shifting to whether mask wearing should be compulsory regulated by the government (presumably you are cool with a private business insisting that everyone wear a mask?).

The issue of government requirement and enforcement is not unlike requiring people not to run red lights, not simply to keep themselves safe but to keep others safe. Is it unreasonable in a democracy to have such rules? Driving while drunk?

We are very clearly in the midst of an event that our POTUS has repeatedly likened to "war". I don't think it's the same, but it is indeed an extreme, hopefully temporary, situation requiring national resolve and sacrifice. And this includes some sacrifice of "liberties" insofar as we are required to do some things out of the norm. Obviously, this is best if fully voluntary, but just like red lights and drunk driving, there need to be consequences for those who put others, not just themselves, in danger.

And we have a democracy, so if we don't like the rules put in place, we have the ability to change our leadership.

Now, on the medical science, you are simply wrong as to 'harmless'.
Stupidly wrong, as the facts make clear that's not the case.

Plenty of under 70 folks with no known underlying issues who are getting desperately sick and even dying. Fact.
Fewer as a %, sure, but not "harmless".

But certainly far more risky for those who have any aspect of heart disease or diabetes (more than 1/3 of all Americans), or are overweight (2/3 of American adults) or worse obese (30% of all adult Americans)...lots of overlap between these groups but overall we're talking at least 2/3 of all adults in the US have one or more of these risks.

And quite deadly for 70+ year olds.

We have 100k dead in the US alone..so far...and that's with enormous effort to slow down the spread.

But of course, why would we care about these Americans?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon May 25, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:41 am
CU88 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:38 am Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

We should stay shut down indefinitely because CU88 doesn't like 'bots' (whatever they are), and also Democrats are smart or something, and the forced economic shutdowns have nothing to do with politics, and finally no one is hurt from a lack of income. Does that capture your thoughts well?
bots..."whatever they are"...???
Come on, stop with the idiocy, the trolling.

Contribute something worthwhile, PB.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

You have a monstrous reading comprehension deficit. You’re just an embarrassment to yourself, and luckily so feckless that you can just flutter along in your bizarre echo chamber. You’ve brought the overall quality of this board down measurably.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just following Fauci's lead....from March. I suppose since he didn't see the need to social distance and wear a mask....must not be that bad, no? SO much so he didnt even have concern for those sitting around him. Why is that?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:55 am March 16th—15 Days to Slow the Spread

Remember the "as soon as we see the curve flatten". It has now turned political in nature. Interesting....wonder why the top virologist and his crew are standing so close and not wearing masks? Did he just recently learn that wearing a mask is a good thing OR did he want it to spread? How can someone so damned smart not encourage wearing a mask...this was on 4-Mar?
I was just talking with my son about this over the weekend. He's been listening to this politicization of mask wearing and just looking at it as incredible stupidity.

Of course, he's been living in Asia these past two years where people wear masks voluntarily much of the time anyway.

He says of course the experts knew that mask wearing is a big help with slowing respiratory spread diseases. Again, not for oneself, but for the community.

We were speculating as to why the medical folks, Fauci, Birx, et al, weren't saying strongly back in February that mask wearing was very, very important. They knew this, so why were they saying they didn't want the public to adopt this practice?

I think the only plausible answer is that they knew they were in woefully short supply of N95's etc and they were desperately needed for the medical folks, they were afraid of panic stockpiling by the public. But that happened anyway, though almost no one wore them in public.

What they should have done is to be very clear that EVERYONE should make or purchase, and wear, a cloth mask to reduce spread and they should have nationalized N95 production and distribution so as to ensure supply got to where it was needed and to rapidly expand that production to meet the challenge.

They did neither.

My hunch is that they advocated for the nationalization and Trump was unwilling, so they were between a rock and a hard place...IMO, they still should have urged the cloth masks and urged not to stockpile the N95's given their crucial need for medical folks, first responders, etc.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youth, my other thought is that Fauci and Birx have been tiptoeing on all of this based on the need to not PO Trump so much that they lost influence entirely, were removed, ala what happened when the CDC gal raised alarms.

they were dancing with the devil.

Hard to imagine that they were actually ignorant on this topic....as they knew and had planned for exactly this sort of pandemic.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 am

Just following Fauci's lead....from March. I suppose since he didn't see the need to social distance and wear a mask....must not be that bad, no? SO much so he didnt even have concern for those sitting around him. Why is that?

LOL

Your HERO:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

4:18 PM · Jan 24, 2020
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 am
Of course, he's been living in Asia these past two years where people wear masks voluntarily much of the time anyway.

In China, burping is considered a sign of gratitude, spitting in buses is common, and the face-kini is a real hit at the beach. They also steal IP.

Can't wait to be like them!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:55 am

You have a monstrous reading comprehension deficit. You’re just an embarrassment to yourself, and luckily so feckless that you can just flutter along in your bizarre echo chamber. You’ve brought the overall quality of this board down measurably.

Seacoaster doesn't want you to work or provide for your family.

Also, I just got off my WaveRunner, blasting the Gulf for two hours while the gang up north deliberates on how best to ruin the economy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:25 pm

LOL

Your HERO:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

You seem the struggle with only your point of view and not listen to others very well. Your reply has zero to do with our conversation. Fauci has been put on a pedestal, and at every turn early on....he failed us. He is on record as late as 29-Jan into early Feb, and even into March with face masks. He downplayed this much longer that warranted.

We also supported sending our PPE to China, which effed us.....why did we do that.....Ask Fauci?
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 am youth, my other thought is that Fauci and Birx have been tiptoeing on all of this based on the need to not PO Trump so much that they lost influence entirely, were removed, ala what happened when the CDC gal raised alarms.

they were dancing with the devil.

Hard to imagine that they were actually ignorant on this topic....as they knew and had planned for exactly this sort of pandemic.
Appreciate the replies and engaged conversation.

I’ve had the conversation before....with others. Why do you even remotely think Fauci gives two figs about Trump. Fauci has no reason to even work anymore....he’s playing with house money.

I contend that he has zero business in the political/public scene...and should’ve stayed in the lab and never got in front of the camera. Fauci is a very smart man....so if he is not concerned with Trump....what are other ideas?
Last edited by youthathletics on Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:02 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:55 am

Seacoaster doesn't want you to work or provide for your family.

Also, I just got off my WaveRunner, blasting the Gulf for two hours while the gang up north deliberates on how best to ruin the economy.
You offer nothing but trolling.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:30 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:25 pm

LOL

Your HERO:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

You seem the struggle with only your point of view and not listen to others very well. Your reply has zero to do with our conversation. Fauci has been put on a pedestal, and at every turn early on....he failed us. He is on record as late as 29-Jan into early Feb, and even into March with face masks. He downplayed this much longer that warranted.

We also supported sending our PPE to China, which effed us.....why did we do that.....Ask Fauci?
YOUR HERO, who holds what was once the MOST POWERFUL position in the WORLD:

Trump says Covid-19 will 'go away without vaccine', expects US death toll to top 95,000
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 am

In China, burping is considered a sign of gratitude, spitting in buses is common, and the face-kini is a real hit at the beach. They also steal IP.

Can't wait to be like them!
Wear a mask during a pandemic...gee, what a disturbing concept. :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”