Holy Cross

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HCBosfan

Re: Holy Cross 2020

Post by HCBosfan »

laxknight wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 am https://goholycross.com/news/2020/4/1/m ... onors.aspx

Well deserved for Conlin. Taking into account that this is not an official list, it is still quite hard to remember the last time that HC has had an AA on their roster (if ever). O'Connell was very deserving to be on that list as well (finished 8th in the country at 66.2% FO). Can only wonder where this season could have went...felt like HC had a lot of the pieces necessary to be a contender in the PL.

With the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility, any word on whether HC seniors would return for another year?
Agree with Colin great player. O'Connell has two years of eligibility so he is tranfering. Mullaney, Lynskey and Kodzis are all on the portal. HC will not let them come back. All those seniors had a great run. With last years graduating class and this years seniors they really changed the landscape of HC lacrosse. Such a shame these guys didn't get to run at the PL playoffs. They had a habit of winning in close games. The Lehigh game was a great battle which was how its been the last couple of years.
HCBosfan

HOLY CROSS 2021

Post by HCBosfan »

Just felt the need to move on to a new year.
gymman1031

Re: HOLY CROSS 2021

Post by gymman1031 »

I think this coach is going to be very good, and, very possibly, get the program to levels it has been capable of getting to for years.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:09 pm I think this coach is going to be very good, and, very possibly, get the program to levels it has been capable of getting to for years.
You will take a step back next year, you lost a lot to graduation.
Flyersfan

Post by Flyersfan »

They said that this year when most of the starting Defense left ; and they had their best start in years
Matnum PI

Holy Cross

Post by Matnum PI »

What's The Ceiling For a Youthful Holy Cross Squad?
Lacrosse Bucket
All three are rated as three-star prospects by Inside Lacrosse. On the defensive end things look very similar, but, outside of the obvious huge question ...

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
shaadb-man

Re: Holy Cross

Post by shaadb-man »

What happened???
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Why?

Isn't this the second firing of the head coach there in the last 3-4 years?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ach-/57150
Sources tell Inside Lacrosse that, last fall, Holy Cross officials began to examine the team’s situation around recruiting/admissions, and members of the team say that they hadn’t had contact with members of the staff since prior to Thanksgiving.
No clue what that means but it doesn't sound great. It's a shame because Burke had that team on an upward trajectory—ON the field, at least. Clearly something was going on off of it. Tough for those players having so much turnover so quickly. I don't think many other coaches will be racing to apply for this job.
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

makes it seem like something happened that administration didn't like...
bison137

Post by bison137 »

shaadb-man wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:29 pm Why?

Isn't this the second firing of the head coach there in the last 3-4 years?

Third within five years, if Burke was indeed fired.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There was no reason to force Morrisey out. That 7-7 team was his kids.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:33 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ach-/57150
Sources tell Inside Lacrosse that, last fall, Holy Cross officials began to examine the team’s situation around recruiting/admissions, and members of the team say that they hadn’t had contact with members of the staff since prior to Thanksgiving.
No clue what that means but it doesn't sound great. It's a shame because Burke had that team on an upward trajectory—ON the field, at least. Clearly something was going on off of it. Tough for those players having so much turnover so quickly. I don't think many other coaches will be racing to apply for this job.
which part do you mean it doesn't sound great?
that holy cross doesn't know what they're doing with admissions or that they were investigating recruiting?

if he got bounced for recruiting violations for lacrosse at holy cross, the world is upside down. i agree.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

3 coaches in a row bounced rather dubiously. Not a good look regardless of reasons.
Last edited by backerzone on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I mean not that he’s described specifics too much but Bill Simmons, who went to HC, has been bashing the Athletics Administration (among with some friends he brings into his podcast) for like 20yrs. Perhaps he knows some actual information about it.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HCLaxAlum

Post by HCLaxAlum »

So what happened? Anyone have the real scoop?
Blackdoglax

Post by Blackdoglax »

Does it really matter to anyone. Holy Cross Lax has been a mess for 5 years.
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

Blackdoglax wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:25 pm Does it really matter to anyone. Holy Cross Lax has been a mess for 5 years.
Their last two seasons were bordering on some of their best ever, and definitely in the past decade or two.

You generally don't fired a coach having success. Or they don't leave while successful unless things are messed up.
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

like amherst college

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”