Best Venues In DI Lax?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Best Venues In DI Lax?

Post by gymman1031 »

Your choices can be based on beauty, structure, location, and much more.
6ftstick

Re: Best Venues In DI Lax?

Post by 6ftstick »

gymman1031 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:43 pm Your choices can be based on beauty, structure, location, and much more.
Homewood, The Dome, The Boz and St Joes Sweeney Field for where it is more than the stadium itself.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Colgate actually has a very nice stadium. Very pretty area, everything neat and clean, free parking and easy in and out, holds about 10K. Been to a couple of games there with decent size crowds, makes for a good environment.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 pm Colgate actually has a very nice stadium. Very pretty area, everything neat and clean, free parking and easy in and out, holds about 10K. Been to a couple of games there with decent size crowds, makes for a good environment.
I don’t like lacrosse on a football field.
“I wish you would!”
molo

Post by molo »

Homewood remains my favorite place to watch a game, not necessarily because it's the best facility but because I've seen so many games there and have such good memories of the place. Klockner, which opened well after I had left the Hook, has nice size and sight lines for a lax stadium. Ridley reminds me of an updated Klockner.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm
DMac wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 pm Colgate actually has a very nice stadium. Very pretty area, everything neat and clean, free parking and easy in and out, holds about 10K. Been to a couple of games there with decent size crowds, makes for a good environment.
I don’t like lacrosse on a football field.
I get it (although it doesn't really bother me at all) but that limits you to few stadiums to like.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

I will throw out a top 10 vote for another classic old Patriot league stadium.

Christy Mathewson–Memorial Stadium is a 13,100-seat multi-purpose stadium at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Originally built in 1924, the stadium was renovated and renamed in honor of Mathewson.

Not sure how to get the image to post. Let me know how and I will post an image.
Bluewhitex2

Post by Bluewhitex2 »

I am very partial to Panzer Stadium at PSU. Small, intimate, fans are on top of the field. LOUD. Not the History of others but what a great place to see a game.
Bluewhitex2

Post by Bluewhitex2 »

I am very partial to Panzer Stadium at PSU. Small, intimate, fans are on top of the field. LOUD. Not the History of others but what a great place to see a game.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Homewood is and will always be the best place on the planet to take in a lacrosse game. Just nothing like it on a nice spring afternoon with the food trucks, the top deck of Cordish packed with alums, kids running around in their jerseys with their sticks, Cornell Willis screaming his head off, the Banana gang, and, yes, the rinky dink band slogging through 90s rock hits.

Taking off my Hop hat for a second, I also like Klockner—great sight lines, nice homey feel that reminds me a little of Homewood. I enjoy Princeton's Class of 1952 for the same reason. Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is pretty high on the list as well.

I'm not sure I LIKE watching games at Ridley as a fan of the opposing team but the rowdy student section at least gives it a unique feel and that counts for something.
Last edited by HopFan16 on Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Here ya go, westcoast.
redfoxalum

Post by redfoxalum »

IL had a piece in their February issue on this topic and broke down venues into different categories.

Made for the sport: Denver's Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium, North Carolina's Dorrance Field, Providence's Chapey Field at Anderson Stadium
Historic: Syracuse's Carrier Dome, Johns Hopkins' Homewood Field, Virginia's Klockner Stadium, Penn's Franklin Field, Navy's Navy Marine-Corps Memorial Stadium
For the fans: Maryland's Maryland Stadium, Marist's Tenney Stadium, Penn State's Panzer Stadium, Loyola's Ridley Athletic Complex

https://goredfoxes.com/news/2020/2/11/m ... rosse.aspx
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

DMac wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 pm Here ya go, westcoast.
Hmmm... pretty sure that's Franklin Field.
Attachments
Bucknell-football-stadium.jpg
Bucknell-football-stadium.jpg (212.96 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oops, sorry about that.
Why do they put that on the Christy Mathewson Mem Stadium images page?
It aint right...scroll down and you'll see it.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... 12&bih=489
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

redfoxalum wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 pm IL had a piece in their February issue on this topic and broke down venues into different categories.

Made for the sport: Denver's Peter Barton Lacrosse Stadium, North Carolina's Dorrance Field, Providence's Chapey Field at Anderson Stadium
Historic: Syracuse's Carrier Dome, Johns Hopkins' Homewood Field, Virginia's Klockner Stadium, Penn's Franklin Field, Navy's Navy Marine-Corps Memorial Stadium
For the fans: Maryland's Maryland Stadium, Marist's Tenney Stadium, Penn State's Panzer Stadium, Loyola's Ridley Athletic Complex

https://goredfoxes.com/news/2020/2/11/m ... rosse.aspx
The Providence facility is excellent.
“I wish you would!”
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Dorrance Field at UNC really improved a lot on Fetzer Field. It's a great venue to watch a lacrosse game.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

Denver is outstanding.
Homewood was cool, because of nostalgia.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

I agree Homewood is very special.

I believe Peter Barton in Denver is one of the best in D1. The venue, crowd, weather, and atmosphere are outstanding.
Tonyp2566

Post by Tonyp2566 »

Any stadium with a track between the stands & the field gets 👎from me. It puts you to far away from the action. The stadiums at Marist & Notre Dame are the best 2 I’ve personally been to.
renault

Post by renault »

Tonyp2566 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:02 am Any stadium with a track between the stands & the field gets 👎from me. It puts you to far away from the action. The stadiums at Marist & Notre Dame are the best 2 I’ve personally been to.
Yep -- also any field with a big track is likely in a football stadium, which will look empty even with five thousand people in attendance. Smaller stadiums are the way to go.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”