All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hydroxychloroquine: side effects

“The drugs also cause a wide spectrum of neuropsychiatric manifestations, including agitation, insomnia, confusion, mania, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, catatonia, psychosis, and suicidal ideation. Stopping the drug could lead to resolution, but symptoms may not quickly resolve.”

Well that explains it.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am Hydroxychloroquine: side effects

“The drugs also cause a wide spectrum of neuropsychiatric manifestations, including agitation, insomnia, confusion, mania, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, catatonia, psychosis, and suicidal ideation. Stopping the drug could lead to resolution, but symptoms may not quickly resolve.”

Well that explains it.
Son of a gun. The drugs been in use for 60 years. Who knew.

But then again:

According to the American College of Rheumatology, hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), is a “disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD),” meaning that it helps reduce the pain and swelling that come with arthritis. It can also reduce the incidence of joint damage, thus lessening the risk of developing a long-term disability from complications of RA.

The medication is generally well-tolerated, and has even been found safe overall for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Creator Of FL COVID Dashboard Says She Was Removed For Refusing To ‘Manually Change Data’
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/crea ... hange-data
The creator and manager of Florida’s COVID-19 dashboard says she was removed from that role after refusing to change data.

Rebekah Jones, the Florida Department of Health’s GIS (Geographic Information System) manager, was the brains behind the state’s lauded COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.

She told colleagues in a May 5 email first reported by Florida Today Monday night that her team was being taken off of the dashboard due to “reasons beyond my division’s control,” and that she no longer controlled changes made to the tool, including any potential “data they are now restricting.”

“As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months,” the data scientist added. “After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it.”

Jones was involuntarily removed, she subsequently told CBS12 in an email, because she refused to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am Hydroxychloroquine: side effects

Well that explains it.

But then again:

According to the American College of Rheumatology, hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), is a “disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD),” meaning that it helps reduce the pain and swelling that come with arthritis. It can also reduce the incidence of joint damage, thus lessening the risk of developing a long-term disability from complications of RA.

The medication is generally well-tolerated, and has even been found safe overall for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Did you think it was new?
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Have to say the media is totally off on this one. Really stupid coverage.

HCQ is a prescription drug. So you can only get it if your doc prescribes it. So it is not like MAGAs can go out on their own and start taking it just because Trump is.

To the extent there are risks, those risks are a matter for discussion between Trump and his doc. They get to decide if it makes sense or not. FYI, every single prescription drug has risks (hence all the comical fast talk and small print on every drug TV commercial). And HCQ is a drug that has been widely used for many conditions for a long time at low/tolerable risk. To hear the media reports, you'd think that Trump's doc is a quack prescribing him a known poison.

Speaker Pelosi feels free to say that she doesn't think it is a good idea for Trump to take HCQ. What exactly are her qualifications for giving medical advice that overrides the advice of Trump's doc?

But the media dumbly allows Trump to win another news cycle by covering a stupid and distracting non-story.
Last edited by ggait on Tue May 19, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:16 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

Well that explains it.

But then again:

Did you think it was new?
Satire skippy.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Well that explains it.
his citations for this wouldn't rate c- from any respected medical professor.
maybe some words in the border, "try harder".

twitter feed isn't surprising either.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:26 pm
Have to say the media is totally off on this one. Really stupid coverage.

HCQ is a prescription drug. So you can only get it if your doc prescribes it. So it is not like MAGAs can go out on their own and start taking it just because Trump is.

To the extent there are risks, those risks are a matter for discussion between Trump and his doc. They get to decide if it makes sense or not. FYI, every single prescription drug has risks (hence all the comical fast talk and small print on every drug TV commercial). And HCQ is a drug that has been widely used for many conditions for a long time at low/tolerable risk. To hear the media reports, you'd think that Trump's doc is a quack prescribing him a known poison.

Speaker Pelosi feels free to say that she doesn't think it is a good idea for Trump to take HCQ. What exactly are her qualifications for giving medical advice that overrides the advice of Trump's doc?

But the media dumbly allows Trump to win another news cycle by covering a stupid and distracting non-story.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-re ... t-covid-19

knowing all that they know now, NIH sending thousands to their deaths. blood on their hands.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Well that explains it.

Here is another:
“Hydroxychloroquine may cause some people to be agitated, irritable, or display other abnormal behaviors. It may also cause some people to have suicidal thoughts and tendencies, or to become more depressed. If you or your caregiver notice any of these side effects, tell your doctor right away.“

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... 064216?p=1

Trump is the POTUS. I don’t believe his physicians would allow him to take crazy risks. His devotees may not have the same level of care.... why announce it to the world other than “endorsing” it?

Here is another:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3601056239

Pre-twitter
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Well that explains it.

Here is another:
“Hydroxychloroquine may cause some people to be agitated, irritable, or display other abnormal behaviors. It may also cause some people to have suicidal thoughts and tendencies, or to become more depressed. If you or your caregiver notice any of these side effects, tell your doctor right away.“

Trump is the POTUS. I don’t believe his physicians would allow him to take crazy risks. His devotees may not have the same level of care.... why announce it to the world other than “endorsing” it?

Here is another:

Pre-twitter
i'd love to see where mayo got that qualifier, but the fact is many prescription drugs (including hyq) have possible side effects. that's why they're administered by medical professionals. as has been mentioned. never in my life have i seen so much of the public up in arms about what is a medically controlled prescription. to top it off, it's not new or rarely used, as has been mentioned. if there is an RA or lupus thread where the public is in uproar for doctors prescribing it by the millions, i haven't found it. the warnings from all corners that it will kill you are astounding.

it's weird. it really does seem like people simply hope it fails. is it equally weird that the trumpmeister is all in on it? for him, absolutely not. trumpeting that he's not a doctor and don't try this at home is well within the bounds (especially after the UV light and clorox cleaning recommendations), but what we're seeing isn't that. at all.

what is the science direct article -- i see it doesn't cure alzheimers, at least it didn't back then. what else am i looking for?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Well that explains it.

Here is another:

Here is another:

Pre-twitter
i'd love to see where mayo got that qualifier, but the fact is many prescription drugs (including hyq) have possible side effects. that's why they're administered by medical professionals. as has been mentioned. never in my life have i seen so much of the public up in arms about what is a medically controlled prescription. to top it off, it's not new or rarely used, as has been mentioned. if there is an RA or lupus thread where the public is in uproar for doctors prescribing it by the millions, i haven't found it. the warnings from all corners that it will kill you are astounding.

it's weird. it really does seem like people simply hope it fails. is it equally weird that the trumpmeister is all in on it? for him, absolutely not. trumpeting that he's not a doctor and don't try this at home is well within the bounds (especially after the UV light and clorox cleaning recommendations), but what we're seeing isn't that. at all.

what is the science direct article -- i see it doesn't cure alzheimers, at least it didn't back then. what else am i looking for?
I am not worried about Trump taking them. I am assuming it’s low risk. I hope we find a therapy. Let the health professionals lead the way. Not a guy that wasn’t good at his main vocation....and relies on Twitter
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

right on cue:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/fda-app ... -drug.html
between patient and doctor. i guess for now.

not ruling out that an FDA commissioner's job was on the line.
ggait

Post by ggait »

From Schumer. Hard to be more stupid than this:

“What the president did with hydroxychloroquine was reckless, simply reckless,” Schumer during an appearance on MSNBC. The New York Democrat also said that Trump was “giving people false hope” with his comments and said “people may take it instead of going to the doctor.”

“I don't know whether he is taking it or not. I know him saying he is taking it, whether he is or not, is reckless, reckless, reckless. It gives people false hope, has people avoid real medical attention, and can actually cause them trouble. It is just dangerous what he did,” Schumer said.

So going to your doctor and getting a prescription medicine is reckless. Because it will keep you from going to your doctor and seeking "real" medical care that meets Dr. Schumer's standards.

Huh?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

In the "very good news that the media manages to ignore" (now why would that be! :lol: ), please behold the national testing increase and positivity rate decline (you should know this information to hold informed dialogue with anyone on the Covid matter):

Testing.jpg
Testing.jpg (67.78 KiB) Viewed 978 times

My real question is this: are progressives less Intelligent because they listen to the media, or are they simply less intelligent?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:09 pm right on cue:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/fda-app ... -drug.html
between patient and doctor. i guess for now.

not ruling out that an FDA commissioner's job was on the line.
Can’t be any worse than many drugs with a long list of side effects. I wonder why we don’t just put everyone on it so we can get back to normal.

https://endpts.com/two-more-top-fda-off ... continues/
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t disagree that the drugs Trump takes or doesn’t take should be at the direction of his doctor, not us keyboard pounders on FanLax.

But, given all of the surrounding circumstances, I think the American public has the right to know why HCQ has been prescribed for Trump. I have not seen anything to suggest that physicians should be giving the drug to anyone merely as a prophylactic.

So why is Trumps getting it? Does he have Covid-19?

If the drug is being (arguably improperly) prescribed for him as a prophylactic, that is certainly something the American public has a right to know.

(Course I’m not ruling out the possibility that he is simply lying about it.)
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm I don’t disagree that the drugs Trump takes or doesn’t take should be at the direction of his doctor, not us keyboard pounders on FanLax.

But, given all of the surrounding circumstances, I think the American public has the right to know why HCQ has been prescribed for Trump. I have not seen anything to suggest that physicians should be giving the drug to anyone merely as a prophylactic.

If the drug is being (arguably improperly) prescribed for him as a prophylactic, that is certainly something the American public has a right to know.

You mean it doesn’t stop a person from contracting the virus?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 pm
njbill wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm I don’t disagree that the drugs Trump takes or doesn’t take should be at the direction of his doctor, not us keyboard pounders on FanLax.

maybe we'll find out soon:
detroit
https://www.dicardiology.com/article/fi ... ns-detroit
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04341441
minnesota:
https://covidpep.umn.edu/
looks longer term, in new york:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04318444
i thought saw another in new york, and there are probably more.

there are a lot of countries using it liberally, as part of country health ministry recommendation (including india, south korea) for treatment, some for prophylaxis. front line workers. given that covid doesn't just take on lungs but can be damaging to many other body parts (including the heart), getting some real clinical trials to usefulness and safety at various points in the disease (including exposure only) can do nothing but make the picture clearer. the same holds true for the many other drugs and therapies they are running through trials. unfortunately, we have a lot of subjects.

saw this a week or 2 ago:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... CoV-2.aspx
israel's defense department digging in. talk in all the articles about patents and ramping up production for both treatment and vaccine, but they seem to be skipping the step of human testing and trials... maybe it was just all in the storytelling. monoclonal supposedly has promise, and can be made into mass production.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 pm

maybe we'll find out soon:
detroit
https://www.dicardiology.com/article/fi ... ns-detroit
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04341441
minnesota:
https://covidpep.umn.edu/
looks longer term, in new york:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04318444
i thought saw another in new york, and there are probably more.

there are a lot of countries using it liberally, as part of country health ministry recommendation (including india, south korea) for treatment, some for prophylaxis. front line workers. given that covid doesn't just take on lungs but can be damaging to many other body parts (including the heart), getting some real clinical trials to usefulness and safety at various points in the disease (including exposure only) can do nothing but make the picture clearer. the same holds true for the many other drugs and therapies they are running through trials. unfortunately, we have a lot of subjects.

saw this a week or 2 ago:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... CoV-2.aspx
israel's defense department digging in. talk in all the articles about patents and ramping up production for both treatment and vaccine, but they seem to be skipping the step of human testing and trials... maybe it was just all in the storytelling. monoclonal supposedly has promise, and can be made into mass production.
A lot of treatments are in the works. I have more faith in a treatment than a vaccine. An effective treatment will allow us to resume some form of normalcy. I will wait for health care professionals to announce something. I don’t want to hear from politicians or CNBC talking heads looking to hawk a stock. Like I said, the guys I know are in a phase 3 trial for a treatment.....early on, it was given to person that was expected to die shorty. It was a last resort. She quickly recovered. That was in an earlier phase. The results have been good enough to move to phase 3. It’s a re-purposed miracle drug. No guarantee it will make it out of phase 3 as 1/3 fail. And not all are 100% effective. My guess is 50% would be good enough.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Source on all those numbers? The financial stuff (not to mention how much tax is actually collected as Texas has pretty high property taxes among other things) seems to be way off according to the state of Texas, so I'm a bit wary on the rest.

Texas & Florida budgets balanced instead of in debt? Says who?

https://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt- ... clock.html

https://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt- ... clock.html
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”