All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Kismet

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

The Idiot Alchemist AKA as DOPUS claims he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventive as he has tested negative and has no symptoms.
Hydroxychloroquine does not cure or prevent COVID-19 and may cause heart problems. BRILLIANT MOVE

Personally, I think he's LYING and in not actually taking this drug. I cannot imagine that the WH physician would approve let alone write a prescription.

Thermonuclear MORON
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm Interesting....

Source on all those numbers? The financial stuff (not to mention how much tax is actually collected as Texas has pretty high property taxes among other things) seems to be way off according to the state of Texas, so I'm a bit wary on the rest.
My sister lives in Frisco. She has been complaining about all the stuff taxed other than income. You can’t drive without paying.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:15 pm The Idiot Alchemist AKA as DOPUS claims he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventive as he has tested negative and has no symptoms.
Hydroxychloroquine does not cure or prevent COVID-19 and may cause heart problems. BRILLIANT MOVE

Personally, I think he's LYING and in not actually taking this drug. I cannot imagine that the WH physician would approve let alone write a prescription.

Thermonuclear MORON
I saw numerous docs on tv, including ER docs, saying that they, along with many health care workers, have been taking HCQ+Zpac for protection, based on the initial French study, before Trump jumped on the bandwagon. They acknowledged the potential side effects & monitored for them accordingly. I hope those morons are ok.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:15 pm The Idiot Alchemist AKA as DOPUS claims he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventive as he has tested negative and has no symptoms.

Thermonuclear MORON
I think he is pushing this because of a combination of he cannot stand being called out for being so stupid as to push this, and the fact that some of his friends or even family is heavily invested in this stuff.

I mean grifting is the family business...
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm Interesting....

Source on all those numbers? The financial stuff (not to mention how much tax is actually collected as Texas has pretty high property taxes among other things) seems to be way off according to the state of Texas, so I'm a bit wary on the rest.
Mortality rate is dead wrong, too.

Try the veal, tip your servers.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Thermonuclear MORON
Trump is not taking hydroxychloroquine, but his lying about taking it will signal to millions of Americans that they can and should take it.

He is recklessly putting more lives in danger, and the media needs to do all they can to frame this responsibly.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:46 pm
njbill wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am
tech37 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:08 am Early data show Moderna Covid-19 vaccine generates immune response

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/18/ear ... -response/
That would be great news. If it really is ready to go by January, do you think they will call it the Biden vaccine? :lol:
Nah, the Biden vaccine is for preventing senility. 8-)
Come on now. Wouldn't you love to see Trump's head explode if Biden started getting all of the credit for a vaccine that was developed and primarily tested during his administration? And if the economy recovers, just think of all the percentage increases Biden could claim over the ending Trump numbers. What fun theater that would be.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Thermonuclear MORON
Yeh you're fn brilliant and always so right. But then there's this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ID-19.html

https://www.newsweek.com/dem-lawmaker-s ... us-1496469

and this

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... oronavirus

and
Despite the warnings around taking hydroxychloroquine to combat the symptoms of COVID-19, prescriptions in France have increased by as much as 7,000% in certain parts of the country since the pandemic began.

As reported by La Provence, a study looking at the 466 million French prescriptions written since the pandemic began in France, show a huge spike in doctors prescribing the drug. In the last week of March, for instance, over 10,000 people were prescribed hydroxychloroquine in Marseille alone.

But you are so damn smart and know ALL things.

Thermonuclear moron indeed.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Thermonuclear MORON
I saw numerous docs on tv, including ER docs, saying that they, along with many health care workers, have been taking HCQ+Zpac for protection, based on the initial French study, before Trump jumped on the bandwagon. They acknowledged the potential side effects & monitored for them accordingly. I hope those morons are ok.
I've been watching old episodes of Homeland, and I haven't gotten the virus so I'm pretty positive that's why.

Only known side effect is I'm starting to delude myself into thinking I could be a spy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:07 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:55 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am 97727158_1352557478265403_4580275754360635392_n.jpg
Yep. This is just as bad as the Holocaust.
Only 5 million 900 thousand to go.
Load up the train. The heat should kill it, right?

🤡
Right on cue... the peanut gallery chimes in. :lol:
do really not think it's a gross comparison, cradle?
I do. People dying.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

and this

and
Despite the warnings around taking hydroxychloroquine to combat the symptoms of COVID-19, prescriptions in France have increased by as much as 7,000% in certain parts of the country since the pandemic began.

As reported by La Provence, a study looking at the 466 million French prescriptions written since the pandemic began in France, show a huge spike in doctors prescribing the drug. In the last week of March, for instance, over 10,000 people were prescribed hydroxychloroquine in Marseille alone.

Interesting, how is France doing versus say its neighbor Germany?
Must be doing better, right?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Thermonuclear MORON
I've been watching old episodes of Homeland, and I haven't gotten the virus so I'm pretty positive that's why.

Only known side effect is I'm starting to delude myself into thinking I could be a spy.
Another brilliant condescending prick. There are real humans that say they were saved by the drug. Many of them.You people speak from your pulpits and bleat saving just ONE life is worth everyone sitting their homes for three months. Well here's something that saves lives for real and you chuckle at it.

You wonder why you're not credible
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:56 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

and this

and

Interesting, how is France doing versus say its neighbor Germany?
Must be doing better, right?
Has to be because of the Hydroxy then. There aren't any other variables. Trump Trump Harumph Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

Another brilliant condescending stick. There are real humans that say they were saved by the drug. Many of them.You people speak from your pulpits and bleat saving just ONE life is worth everyone sitting their homes for three months. Well here's something that saves lives for real and you chuckle at it.

They may have lived anyway or there could be some underlying favorable genetic, or it could work sometimes. Chalk it up to “what do you have to lose”?
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

Another brilliant condescending stick. There are real humans that say they were saved by the drug. Many of them.You people speak from your pulpits and bleat saving just ONE life is worth everyone sitting their homes for three months. Well here's something that saves lives for real and you chuckle at it.

They may have lived anyway or there could be some underlying favorable genetic, or it could work sometimes. Chalk it up to “what do you have to lose”?
I guess you prefer they hadn't taken it and died. Damn Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:43 am
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA.
...in response to a post comparing France's testing with the US's.
If testing is a such panacea (& US failure), why is France's death rate so much higher than the US's ?
With a smaller population, spread over a smaller area, & a superior testing program, why is France's death rate not lower than the US's ?

Otherwise, I've compared the US with the W Euro nations, in the aggregate, who have attempted to accurately report their data, as the most relevant
Are you saying South Korea's reporting is inaccurate?

Did someone say France's testing program was better than the US?
Germany's definitely much better, not sure that's true of France.
Germany's deaths per 1mm pop is 96, US 275 (so far).

You do realize that the death rate comparison related to geography would actually be an explanation of higher death rate in France than overall US, due to density? Perhaps you'd like to compare France's death rates to a comparable geography and population say, NY and NJ, both of which have death rates per 1mm over double France's?
Duh. Are you saying S Korea is a W Euro nation ?

Read the thread I'm responding to. Ignore the voices in your head.

I agree that the record of NY & NJ PH effort has been dismal -- eg nursing homes, under-utilization of hospital ship/field hospitals, & failure to lock down, test & trace early.

Like the MSM, you let the NYC metro experience skew what needs to be done in the rest of the US.
hmmm, no, we blew the early testing...at the federal level.

Are you saying SK is phoning their results from test and trace? Their death rates?
Or Germany?

The federal response was dismal, NY got hit first and hardest, with the European strain. It spread like wildfire and was not contained until far too late. Density.

Compare France to NY, which last I checked is America.

under utilization of hospital ships, field hospitals??? Baloney. The PPE wasn't available, those additional beds weren't available until after the heaviest crunch hit...they helped but it was all too late.

6 weeks lost at the federal level. NY and neighbors just took the big hit first.

The rest of the country is going to be a slower burn...we hope.
I'm saying exactly what I said. No need for you to embellish it, on my behalf, or use it to project another of your tedious, self-serving, sermonettes.

There was no vaild reason to send positive covid patients back into nursing homes while 4 field hospitals in the NYC area sat empty.

Did NYC have a Health Dept capable of contact tracing, or was their mission soley to hype ethnic celebrations & parades ?
"tedious", probably.

"Self-serving", how so?
What do you possibly imagine I would personally get out of this?

As usual, you avoid any actual discussion of counterpoints.

Obviously mistakes were made at the local level, all sorts of mistakes. When you are prepared to castigate Trump for his repeated assurances to the country that there was nothing to worry about, based on presumably the expertise of the bloody federal government, both IC and medical experts devoted to this exact sort of national and international crisis, then we can examine the local mistakes of those with far less information.

And when you honestly compare responses between countries, we can discuss them more rationally as well. Again, all sorts of mistakes were made by many other than Trump and the US. But some did much better based on different decisions made.

Can we actually learn from those better decisions?

It's particularly annoying that there's such resistance to learning from those countries which have had repeated pandemic experiences over the years and thus have developed far swifter and coherent responses to new virus challenges.
Again -- despite all your blather, I'm saying what I said, in response to a post comparing testing by the US with France (not S Korea).

I'm comparing the results for the US with what I consider to be the most relevant comparison -- the most populous, advanced W Euro democracies, with comparable health care systems & an apparent commitment to accurate reporting.

You chose to (again) hold up S Korea as the standard you feel we should have attained. You insist on inserting that in every discussion about the US response. That's unrealistic, for numerous reasons. Taiwan, Japan, Singapore & S Korea have recent experience dealing with other viral outbreaks & they have institutionalized their response mechanisms. I earlier posted an article explaining, in detail, S Korea's success. Those Asian nations are proving to be the exception, rather than the rule, particularly in comparison to western democracies where travel patterns & volume rapidly injected the infection. The US was hit from both directions, on both coasts -- from China & from Europe. S Korea was able to quickly identify & contain their initial outbreak hot spot & close their borders early.
No, SK was hit earlier. They're right next door and a ton of travel had already occurred.

But you appear to be missing the whole point, despite actually saying it.

They indeed had the 'advantage' of having been through outbreaks, so instead of ignoring or wishing away the threat they moved swiftly to contain it. THAT's what we should have done.

The strategy they employed is well known, our scientists were fully aware of it, we had planning exercises to address this challenge. But nope we fiddled and frittered the time away.

I'm fine with saying that a bunch of European countries were slow off the mark too, though they too had spread earlier than the US. We had more warning, at least in most of the US. But let's look at Germany's strategy...much closer to SK's than say France.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thermonuclear MORON

Me too on Homeland. Also rewatching Breaking Bad. I've forgotten enough so that I don't recall all the details.
Short term memory loss is not such a bad thing. I hope Uncle Joe forgets his past national security & foreign policy ideas.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

By the replies of many.....one is left to believe exactly that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Thermonuclear MORON

By the replies of many.....one is left to believe exactly that.
Whats fascinating is that multiple humans can speak in real time about the disease, their hospitalization, their health before during and after treatment with nurses and doctors affirming their story. And the TDS folks won't believe a word.

But Blasy Ford tells a story where she doesn't know how what where when how or the details of how she came or went and they believe every word.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:05 pm
old salt wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:43 am
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA.
...in response to a post comparing France's testing with the US's.
If testing is a such panacea (& US failure), why is France's death rate so much higher than the US's ?
With a smaller population, spread over a smaller area, & a superior testing program, why is France's death rate not lower than the US's ?

Otherwise, I've compared the US with the W Euro nations, in the aggregate, who have attempted to accurately report their data, as the most relevant
Are you saying South Korea's reporting is inaccurate?

Did someone say France's testing program was better than the US?
Germany's definitely much better, not sure that's true of France.
Germany's deaths per 1mm pop is 96, US 275 (so far).

You do realize that the death rate comparison related to geography would actually be an explanation of higher death rate in France than overall US, due to density? Perhaps you'd like to compare France's death rates to a comparable geography and population say, NY and NJ, both of which have death rates per 1mm over double France's?
Duh. Are you saying S Korea is a W Euro nation ?

Read the thread I'm responding to. Ignore the voices in your head.

I agree that the record of NY & NJ PH effort has been dismal -- eg nursing homes, under-utilization of hospital ship/field hospitals, & failure to lock down, test & trace early.

Like the MSM, you let the NYC metro experience skew what needs to be done in the rest of the US.
hmmm, no, we blew the early testing...at the federal level.

Are you saying SK is phoning their results from test and trace? Their death rates?
Or Germany?

The federal response was dismal, NY got hit first and hardest, with the European strain. It spread like wildfire and was not contained until far too late. Density.

Compare France to NY, which last I checked is America.

under utilization of hospital ships, field hospitals??? Baloney. The PPE wasn't available, those additional beds weren't available until after the heaviest crunch hit...they helped but it was all too late.

6 weeks lost at the federal level. NY and neighbors just took the big hit first.

The rest of the country is going to be a slower burn...we hope.
I'm saying exactly what I said. No need for you to embellish it, on my behalf, or use it to project another of your tedious, self-serving, sermonettes.

There was no vaild reason to send positive covid patients back into nursing homes while 4 field hospitals in the NYC area sat empty.

Did NYC have a Health Dept capable of contact tracing, or was their mission soley to hype ethnic celebrations & parades ?
"tedious", probably.

"Self-serving", how so?
What do you possibly imagine I would personally get out of this?

As usual, you avoid any actual discussion of counterpoints.

Obviously mistakes were made at the local level, all sorts of mistakes. When you are prepared to castigate Trump for his repeated assurances to the country that there was nothing to worry about, based on presumably the expertise of the bloody federal government, both IC and medical experts devoted to this exact sort of national and international crisis, then we can examine the local mistakes of those with far less information.

And when you honestly compare responses between countries, we can discuss them more rationally as well. Again, all sorts of mistakes were made by many other than Trump and the US. But some did much better based on different decisions made.

Can we actually learn from those better decisions?

It's particularly annoying that there's such resistance to learning from those countries which have had repeated pandemic experiences over the years and thus have developed far swifter and coherent responses to new virus challenges.
Again -- despite all your blather, I'm saying what I said, in response to a post comparing testing by the US with France (not S Korea).

I'm comparing the results for the US with what I consider to be the most relevant comparison -- the most populous, advanced W Euro democracies, with comparable health care systems & an apparent commitment to accurate reporting.

You chose to (again) hold up S Korea as the standard you feel we should have attained. You insist on inserting that in every discussion about the US response. That's unrealistic, for numerous reasons. Taiwan, Japan, Singapore & S Korea have recent experience dealing with other viral outbreaks & they have institutionalized their response mechanisms. I earlier posted an article explaining, in detail, S Korea's success. Those Asian nations are proving to be the exception, rather than the rule, particularly in comparison to western democracies where travel patterns & volume rapidly injected the infection. The US was hit from both directions, on both coasts -- from China & from Europe. S Korea was able to quickly identify & contain their initial outbreak hot spot & close their borders early.
No, SK was hit earlier. They're right next door and a ton of travel had already occurred.

But you appear to be missing the whole point, despite actually saying it.

They indeed had the 'advantage' of having been through outbreaks, so instead of ignoring or wishing away the threat they moved swiftly to contain it. THAT's what we should have done.

The strategy they employed is well known, our scientists were fully aware of it, we had planning exercises to address this challenge. But nope we fiddled and frittered the time away.

I'm fine with saying that a bunch of European countries were slow off the mark too, though they too had spread earlier than the US. We had more warning, at least in most of the US. But let's look at Germany's strategy...much closer to SK's than say France.
Blah, blah, blah. I was replying to a post comparing US vs France testing, before you remounted your tedious soap box & highjacked the thread.

Return to “POLITICS”