All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:19 pm 6ft, was that Freedom First Eric printed at the bottom of the poster? From the Freedom First blog? Tell us about your source, please. It's like a wiki edited by a 12 year old. :lol:
Please take me back to the Democrats of WWII. Hell, take me back to Eisenhower. Given your posts here and your Trump Love, I'd imagine you'd have been a Lindbergh supporter before the war.
Yeh yeh Im a nazi. Keerist get a new playbook,
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Lindbergh wasn't a Nazi. Most Germans weren't Nazis. But sure ... if it helps you avoid thinking ... arbeit macht frei, so back to work.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:06 pm
# Trump's **** is so far down your throat it's coming out your wazoo...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That ain't no hemorrhoid

tRUMP triumphs!

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:06 pm
# Trump's **** is so far down your throat it's coming out your wazoo...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That ain't no hemorrhoid

tRUMP triumphs!

Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA. If you look at countries with populations of 100MM or more our reported results are awful. If you look at countries with populations less than 100MM France doesn’t look so bad compared to its peers. But this dude is asking about Macron I didn’t know the USA electorate put Macron in office.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The "Health Minister" of Belgium.

Maggie-De-Block.jpg
Maggie-De-Block.jpg (131.78 KiB) Viewed 1489 times

Please tell me again why you listen to the Left...I am fascinated. Also, please tell me my eyes are lying. Please.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Laxgunea wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:39 am Lindbergh wasn't a Nazi. Most Germans weren't Nazis. But sure ... if it helps you avoid thinking ... arbeit macht frei, so back to work.
You got it bass ackwards skippy.

We want to go back to work freely of our own will.

You'd be on of the boys in black handing out the blue stripped pajamas forcing us into the camps with the "arbeit macht frei" signs over the gate
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am

Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA. If you look at countries with populations of 100MM or more our reported results are awful. If you look at countries with populations less than 100MM France doesn’t look so bad compared to its peers. But this dude is asking about Macron I didn’t know the USA electorate put Macron in office.

Trump chumps and tRUMP himself cannot take responsibility for anything. As far as they are concerned it's all a matter of BLAME OBAMA! Blame the media! Blame the Dems! Blame everybody but themselves. But it is a strong likelihood that history will not be kind to tRUMP's legacy of political lunacy:

When the history is written of how America handled the global era’s first real pandemic, March 6 will leap out of the timeline. That was the day Donald Trump visited the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. His foray to the world’s best disease research body was meant to showcase that America had everything under control. It came midway between the time he was still denying the coronavirus posed a threat and the moment he said he had always known it could ravage America.

Shortly before the CDC visit, Trump said “within a couple of days, [infections are] going to be down to close to zero”. The US then had 15 cases. “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” A few days afterwards, he claimed: “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.” That afternoon at the CDC provides an X-ray into Trump’s mind at the halfway point between denial and acceptance.

We now know that Covid-19 had already passed the breakout point in the US. The contagion had been spreading for weeks in New York, Washington state and other clusters. The curve was pointing sharply upwards. Trump’s goal in Atlanta was to assert the opposite.

more at link ...

https://www.ft.com/content/97dc7de6-940 ... 8e6ffb143e

Trump has shown a level of incompetence which will never be matched no matter what his apologists may want to believe.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am
Laxgunea wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:39 am Lindbergh wasn't a Nazi. Most Germans weren't Nazis. But sure ... if it helps you avoid thinking ... arbeit macht frei, so back to work.

You'd be on of the boys in black handing out the blue stripped pajamas forcing us into the camps with the "arbeit macht frei" signs over the gate
Actually, the more apt analogy would be the military draft in WWII.
Do you whine about needing to register?
Do you whine when Pearl Harbor happens and they call you up?
Civilians, do you whine about having to darken your shades at night?
Do you whine about food rations?

Or the Brits during The Battle of Britain and the Blitz...do you whine about having to go into bomb shelters when the alarms go on?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am

You are comparing your situation with a concentration camp?
“I wish you would!”
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Shoot, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, snowflake. You and other Trumpists aren't Nazis: the reference is to Christopher Brownings Ordinary Men. You AREN'T Nazis, skip. You are ostriches. I know it hurts your feelings, but I promise it will be okay if you veer from the Party line and ask a question some time. You can handle the complexity ... I promise. It is what grown ups do.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.

And the cost to do this, relative to the current economic damage, is a pittance.

And I do not understand why Congress and Trump aren't fixing that...this infrastructure cannot be built without Federal funding.

And after watching what Covid has done to our economy, wouldn't you think that our Nation needs that infrastructure on hand for future events?
Not too quickly. Gotta wait till After Nov 3. Then it will be funded.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:14 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 pm Fair point! :lol:

I forgot to add: we have not built the infrastructure to manufacture testing en masse. We have also not built the infrastructure needed to distribute a vaccine en masse.

And the cost to do this, relative to the current economic damage, is a pittance.

And I do not understand why Congress and Trump aren't fixing that...this infrastructure cannot be built without Federal funding.

And after watching what Covid has done to our economy, wouldn't you think that our Nation needs that infrastructure on hand for future events?
Not too quickly. Gotta wait till After Nov 3. Then it will be funded.
So, let's imagine that this is an R vs D issue (which it darn well shouldn't be!).

I assume you're suggesting that the D's would be happy to fund it post Nov 3?
Because not doing so before then will make Trump look bad, after make Biden look good?

If true, why wouldn't the Trump Administration and McConnell be asking for it now?
Heck, Nancy's put forward a $3T stage 4 that's badly needed NOW, so why wouldn't Trump and McConnell negotiate to include these funds in that next flow?

oh yeah, because the virus is going away...
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA.
...in response to a post comparing France's testing with the US's.
If testing is a such panacea (& US failure), why is France's death rate so much higher than the US's ?
With a smaller population, spread over a smaller area, & a superior testing program, why is France's death rate not lower than the US's ?

Otherwise, I've compared the US with the W Euro nations, in the aggregate, who have attempted to accurately report their data, as the most relevant
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am Old Salt was comparing France at 65MM people to the USA.
If testing is a such panacea (& US failure), why is France's death rate so much higher than the US's ?
With a smaller population, spread over a smaller area, & a superior testing program, why is France's death rate not lower than the US's ?

Otherwise, I've compared the US with the W Euro nations, in the aggregate, who have attempted to accurately report their data, as the most relevant
Are you saying South Korea's reporting is inaccurate?

Did someone say France's testing program was better than the US?
Germany's definitely much better, not sure that's true of France.
Germany's deaths per 1mm pop is 96, US 275 (so far).

You do realize that the death rate comparison related to geography would actually be an explanation of higher death rate in France than overall US, due to density? Perhaps you'd like to compare France's death rates to a comparable geography and population say, NY and NJ, both of which have death rates per 1mm over double France's?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am The "Health Minister" of Belgium.

Maggie-De-Block.jpg

Please tell me again why you listen to the Left...I am fascinated. Also, please tell me my eyes are lying. Please.
Mortality rate/million of population :
Belgium -- 781
UK -- 511
France -- 431
Netherlands -- 332
US -- 275
Germany -- 96
Denmark -- 94
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am The "Health Minister" of Belgium.

Maggie-De-Block.jpg

Mortality rate/million of population :
Belgium -- 781
UK -- 571
France -- 431
Netherlands -- 332
US -- 275
Germany -- 96
Denmark -- 94

Interesting.

If Maggie was in America with that unhealthy girth and those appalling statistics, Fanlax Democrats would be idolizing her and telling me ‘deSantis has blood on his hands’.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 pm

You do realize that the death rate comparison related to geography would actually be an explanation of higher death rate in France than overall US, due to density? Perhaps you'd like to compare France's death rates to a comparable geography and population say, NY and NJ, both of which have death rates per 1mm over double France's?
Duh. Are you saying S Korea is a W Euro nation ?

Read the thread I'm responding to. Ignore the voices in your head.

I agree that the record of NY & NJ PH effort has been dismal -- eg nursing homes, under-utilization of hospital ship/field hospitals, & failure to lock down, test & trace early.

Like the MSM, you let the NYC metro experience skew what needs to be done in the rest of the US.
Last edited by old salt on Sun May 17, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 am One more post from my musician friend. He is certain he has the virus as he is demonstrating every symptom and is finding it increasingly hard to breath.

“I would say that the media coverage is veering toward showing the reality I hinted at in the OP here. The gruesome details are being leaked out by people who are risking their careers to do so. They cannot all be silenced. And the numbers of the dead cannot be erased. The true magnitude of this pandemic is becoming apparent, but there's still a long way to go.”

He is in Detroit.
Any news on your friend...I believe you also said he was quite elderly?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Duh. Are you saying S Korea is a W Euro nation ?

Read the thread I'm responding to. Ignore the voices in your head.
In reality there are so many factors present it becomes quite difficult to say exactly whose higher death rate is due to which.

1. Which places had the earliest outbreaks? (before testing was ramped up as much, and so the disease got a head start). Italy is a prime example of this.

2. Which countries had the biggest connections to the parts of the world where the outbreak hit early and hard? (Like the region around Wuhan, or Iran).

3. Which countries are being quite aggressive in how they count COVID-19 - a prime example here is Belgium, which treats even suspected cases as part of its official count?

4. Which countries are hiding deaths? (Not sure there is any of this in Western Europe, but certainly Russia and Iran, looks like China, and recently Nicaragua have unexplained deaths while insisting on their low tolls.)

5. Which ones got lucky - or not? (Just like NYC metroplex in particular got hit bad, or Detroit - probably Chinese connections to autos, or Louisiana compared to other regions in US.)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Homer Simpson voice....Doh!

As coronavirus testing expands, a new problem arises: Not enough people to test
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”