All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

njbill

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:59 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:37 pm Look at the latest CNN battleground poll and get back to me. Trump is schwacking Biden. Pay no attention to national polls. All of the contenders (yes, Biden is in jeopardy of not getting the nomination) have corona baggage. The only one that doesn't is Newsom and he has charisma, so I expect him to contend for the job in 2024. If it weren't for a few social issues I could get behind him. Like Trump, he has good instincts.
Bad poll. “Battleground” was a bunch of states lumped together where they polled a bit over 300 people total. Not good polling practice, and no way to appropriately weigh the numbers.

Less than a few dozen people per state
When I read the article, I had similar questions. Which states were polled? What were the results per state? Without that detail, the article doesn’t really provide much useful information.

I don’t care about national polls. I don’t care about polls in California or North Dakota or New York. I care about polls in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I said a few weeks ago that this is the REAL weather vane when it comes to this virus in America.

When US pro athletes are willing to play sports. THAT'S when you'll know this is under control. These 1%ers won't risk their lives to entertain people...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/291 ... ced-salary

Tampa Bay Rays ace Blake Snell says he will not play this season for a reduced salary, especially because the risk of contracting the coronavirus is "just not worth it."

And I'm still waiting for Fortune 500 CEO's and top brass to show their workers that working on the floor is safe. I have yet to see a single one of them make an appearance...if anyone has, I'd love to see it, and be corrected.

The 1%ers are sending a very clear message to the working class...you take the risk, and I'll take the money. It's VERY easy to change this message. And I'm not seeing it yet.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Look at the latest CNN battleground poll and get back to me. Trump is schwacking Biden. Pay no attention to national polls.
How many electoral college votes does the State of Battleground get?

FWIW, current poll averages from the following actual states (per RCP):

PA -- Biden +6.5%
MI -- Biden +5.5%
AZ -- Biden +4.4%
FL -- Biden +3.2%
WI -- Biden +3.2%
NC -- Trump +0.3%

But it is early and things will def get closer. And Joe should probably be further in front at this point.

But I'm not seeing any schwacking. Is that the same a getting schlonged?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

ggait wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 am
Look at the latest CNN battleground poll and get back to me. Trump is schwacking Biden. Pay no attention to national polls.

PA -- Biden +6.5%
MI -- Biden +5.5%
AZ -- Biden +4.4%
FL -- Biden +3.2%
WI -- Biden +3.2%
NC -- Trump +0.3%

But it is early and things will def get closer. And Joe should probably be further in front at this point.

Funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of like whistling past the graveyard.

Speaking of funny and our current plight, here is a meme fest for your morning coffee enjoyment:

https://www.bookwormroom.com/2020/05/14 ... tion-ever/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PA -- Biden +6.5%
MI -- Biden +5.5%
AZ -- Biden +4.4%
FL -- Biden +3.2%
WI -- Biden +3.2%
NC -- Trump +0.3%

Speaking of funny and our current plight, here is a meme fest for your morning coffee enjoyment:

"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republican state of mindlessness, again.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
tech37

Post by tech37 »

get it to x wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:16 am

PA -- Biden +6.5%
MI -- Biden +5.5%
AZ -- Biden +4.4%
FL -- Biden +3.2%
WI -- Biden +3.2%
NC -- Trump +0.3%

Funny stuff get it to x, thanks for posting :D
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 pm Another mediocre bureaucrat for the coronaclown car:

https://news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-neve ... 57348.html

Yesterday the county’s health director announced that stay-at-home efforts could possibly be extended for another three months.

Mr Garcetti confirmed that residents shouldn’t expect health orders on facemasks, social distancing and working from home to “disappear in a matter of weeks or even a few months.”

“I hope for our K through 12 schools we will have some sense of opening but it won’t be in the way we’ve known schools in the past,” he said.

This is the mayor confiscating hotels for the homeless and giving them free drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.

Now we have Andy Cuomo here saying wearing a mask is a SIGN OF RESPECT. Virtue signaling from a guy that ordered coronavirus positive people back into nursing homes.
We just stuffed over 85,000 people into the Corona Clown Car.
The numbers aren't "embellished", in any way, shape or form/fashion? :roll:

A cousin died a few days ago. From "corona virus" . Nonsense. This man had alzeihmers. Anyone involved with this illness knows that it is a long struggle. For all. HOWEVER. He has been in a vegetative state since December. Remarkable that he lived this long.

Oh....btw, he NEVER got tested for V-19. Yet, this is what he died from............... :roll:

How many more of the 85k are the same? You willing to bet your investment portfolio that every single death REALLY died from V-19? carry on

So, EVENT 201's recommendations to NOT close everything down.......are they clown cars?
Are you the guy that is worried about the dangers of rubber pelletized artificial turf and is an anti-vaxxer? Ain’t that you?
No.....I eat the tire pellets often.

Will say it again, most people do NOT always brew good beer. It goes BAD. Beer=vaccines.

Some beer is good. Some is not good. But, one thing, if something goes wrong in the mash tun, or.....or......do THEY sell the beer to the public ANYWAY?

You must be the guy that ignores automobile re-calls? Is THAT you?

Not anit-vaccine.....just stop with the childish comments.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Fearless Leader Donny Dump:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:13 am
get it to x wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:16 am

Funny stuff get it to x, thanks for posting :D
That meme's web site is hilarious and many are so very true.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am Fearless Leader Donny Dump:

Not to bust up the humor fest, but this meme just points out that with progressives every choice is binary. Either do it their way or the alternative is cataclysmic. There are no solutions that are in between. Any incremental move away from their position is extreme. As an example, anyone not favoring partial birth abortion is an extremist, and Gov. Northam's position is the default mainstream position. Well over 60% of the country is in favor of restricting late term abortion, so we must have a lot of extremists.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:00 am

Not to bust up the humor fest, but this meme just points out that with progressives every choice is binary. Either do it their way or the alternative is cataclysmic. There are no solutions that are in between. Any incremental move away from their position is extreme. As an example, anyone not favoring partial birth abortion is an extremist, and Gov. Northam's position is the default mainstream position. Well over 60% of the country is in favor of restricting late term abortion, so we must have a lot of extremists.

Indeed. But that binary choice is really just a means to an end, which is power and control of your wallet. Don't believe their dishonesty.

It appears as if even liberals are beginning to worry how their dishonest 'just stay home' message is resonating with voters. See this article from a liberal saying 'uhhh, we might need to be more nuanced or we will get wrecked in the Fall':

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... re/611623/
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

get it to x wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:37 pm Look at the latest CNN battleground poll and get back to me. Trump is schwacking Biden. Pay no attention to national polls. All of the contenders (yes, Biden is in jeopardy of not getting the nomination) have corona baggage. The only one that doesn't is Newsom and he has charisma, so I expect him to contend for the job in 2024. If it weren't for a few social issues I could get behind him. Like Trump, he has good instincts.
Bad poll. “Battleground” was a bunch of states lumped together where they polled a bit over 300 people total. Not good polling practice, and no way to appropriately weigh the numbers.

Could you steer us to the "good poll"....please? :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:02 am Image

Republican state of mindlessness, again.
Such junk.....taats boy Scott and your idiotic "hurricane" predicktion. Same thing EVERY spring. More, extremer, stronger, intense......and, year after year, the "experts" are just not close to their predictions.

why is that?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

what's up with the wood on the wall? Was this picture taken at an abandoned home? The wood paneling is rotting.......BAD
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:16 am....
your idiotic "hurricane" predicktion. Same thing EVERY spring. More, extremer, stronger, intense......and, year after year, the "experts" are just not close to their predictions. why is that?

As a Floridian, I can not tell you how true this sentence from RRR is. Besides politicians and 'weather scientists', the folks who love the hurricane alarmism (and it gets more heightened every spring) more than anyone are contractors, Home Depot/Lowe's, generator manufacturers, and water bottlers; preventive home medication rarely if ever used. They love it!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:09 am

Could you steer us to the "good poll"....please? :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Pretty early for a "good poll" anyway, but one of the best places to look is fivethirtyeight.com and head to the polls page. The national polls generally are good, but state level polling is often problematic (and has been for a long time). Best state polls are run by candidates, and only shared if needed to be shared (boost fundraising if getting closer, make opponents think they are in trouble, etc). After that, only states that have close races get scrutinized, but since state polling gets more expensive you often don't see these until just before primaries and generals.

But the particular CNN poll that was referred to is really bad, because it lumped a large number of potential battleground states together, which means there is no way to really understand the likely error rate in the poll. So while it garnered headlines perhaps for CNN, it basically can be ignored as noise.

If heading to fivethirtyeight - also pay some attention to the letter grades Nate Silver assigns to the polls - low grades mean less reliability and/or more bias. In general the B and better grades are more trustworthy, and less likely to be skewed (but Nate and his crew have methods of determining average bias so will correct the published numbers for the expected bias - you can view them with or without).
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:19 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 pm Another mediocre bureaucrat for the coronaclown car:

https://news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-neve ... 57348.html

Yesterday the county’s health director announced that stay-at-home efforts could possibly be extended for another three months.

Mr Garcetti confirmed that residents shouldn’t expect health orders on facemasks, social distancing and working from home to “disappear in a matter of weeks or even a few months.”

“I hope for our K through 12 schools we will have some sense of opening but it won’t be in the way we’ve known schools in the past,” he said.

This is the mayor confiscating hotels for the homeless and giving them free drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.

Now we have Andy Cuomo here saying wearing a mask is a SIGN OF RESPECT. Virtue signaling from a guy that ordered coronavirus positive people back into nursing homes.
We just stuffed over 85,000 people into the Corona Clown Car.
The numbers aren't "embellished", in any way, shape or form/fashion? :roll:

A cousin died a few days ago. From "corona virus" . Nonsense. This man had alzeihmers. Anyone involved with this illness knows that it is a long struggle. For all. HOWEVER. He has been in a vegetative state since December. Remarkable that he lived this long.

Oh....btw, he NEVER got tested for V-19. Yet, this is what he died from............... :roll:

How many more of the 85k are the same? You willing to bet your investment portfolio that every single death REALLY died from V-19? carry on

So, EVENT 201's recommendations to NOT close everything down.......are they clown cars?
Are you the guy that is worried about the dangers of rubber pelletized artificial turf and is an anti-vaxxer? Ain’t that you?
No.....I eat the tire pellets often.

Will say it again, most people do NOT always brew good beer. It goes BAD. Beer=vaccines.

Some beer is good. Some is not good. But, one thing, if something goes wrong in the mash tun, or.....or......do THEY sell the beer to the public ANYWAY?

You must be the guy that ignores automobile re-calls? Is THAT you?

Not anit-vaccine.....just stop with the childish comments.
Yeah doctors know the vaccine is bad and administer it anyway, like skunked beer.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:32 am What he said

https://www.facebook.com/TheScoop.Polit ... 073315395/
Good stuff, thanks for posting.

We best all be prepared for this sentiment which will increase over time.

Return to “POLITICS”